Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

punchymcpunch posted:

i clicked it, youre in

Thanks! I appreciate it.

On a whim I bought Captain Marvel's Endgame costume and man, it's pretty rad. I didn't know some of them went that far to change the character's animations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yeah. Costumes are often required to make a character top tier. It's basically how they fix/update old characters as well to keep them relevant. Captain Marvel without her movie costumes is just no good. They don't update the base character (much - they've run polls in the past to ask who players want updated, which is how Hyperion got good, and Vision won the last one and I assume we'll see him made good within the next few months).

Somehow I doubt Whiplash will ever get gooded.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Whiplash was such a bizarre add.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He makes sense in that he was a MCU villain. Less random than like Titania.

Sometimes i just like playing with random teams of guys who look good together. Whiplash, Vulture, and Crossbones as my gritty, MCU side villains is second to Team Hoodie of Cage, Miles, and Karnak.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 21, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Absorbing Man and Titania are two of my favorites because there is no other game ever where you can play as them.

Except maybe Legos.

I wonder if the Wrecking Crew will be an eventual Special Mission quest.

Anyway, I'm going to get Whiplash to T2. Because.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Thanks! I appreciate it.

On a whim I bought Captain Marvel's Endgame costume and man, it's pretty rad. I didn't know some of them went that far to change the character's animations.

I hope you didn’t buy it today or yesterday, while the uniform was at full price...never buy uniforms when they aren’t on sale, we get at least one but usually 2 uniform sales a month where they are discounted.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Not sure Phoenix should get T3 when her movie cant even turn a profit

pre:
 ██░ ██  ▄▄▄       ██▓ ██▓         ██████  ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄█████▓ ▄▄▄       ███▄    █ 
▓██░ ██▒▒████▄    ▓██▒▓██▒       ▒██    ▒ ▒████▄    ▓  ██▒ ▓▒▒████▄     ██ ▀█   █ 
▒██▀▀██░▒██  ▀█▄  ▒██▒▒██░       ░ ▓██▄   ▒██  ▀█▄  ▒ ▓██░ ▒░▒██  ▀█▄  ▓██  ▀█ ██▒
░▓█ ░██ ░██▄▄▄▄██ ░██░▒██░         ▒   ██▒░██▄▄▄▄██ ░ ▓██▓ ░ ░██▄▄▄▄██ ▓██▒  ▐▌██▒
░▓█▒░██▓ ▓█   ▓██▒░██░░██████▒   ▒██████▒▒ ▓█   ▓██▒  ▒██▒ ░  ▓█   ▓██▒▒██░   ▓██░
 ▒ ░░▒░▒ ▒▒   ▓▒█░░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░   ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ ▒▒   ▓▒█░  ▒ ░░    ▒▒   ▓▒█░░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ 
 ▒ ░▒░ ░  ▒   ▒▒ ░ ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░   ░ ░▒  ░ ░  ▒   ▒▒ ░    ░      ▒   ▒▒ ░░ ░░   ░ ▒░
 ░  ░░ ░  ░   ▒    ▒ ░  ░ ░      ░  ░  ░    ░   ▒     ░        ░   ▒      ░   ░ ░ 
 ░  ░  ░      ░  ░ ░      ░  ░         ░        ░  ░               ░  ░         ░ 

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So speaking of tiers, who ought to be getting that bump? I'm leaning towards Captain Marvel.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dawgstar posted:

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Yeah, the uniforms are great. Minn-Erva’s makes her feel like a whole new character.

I need to figure out why Odin keeps wiping my T2 Carol(64)/Luna/CM team at 30% remaining in 12-8. I must not have the right rotations or gear or...something. Also that Quicksilver/SW event is bad times. I rather need to get gud.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dawgstar posted:

So speaking of tiers, who ought to be getting that bump? I'm leaning towards Captain Marvel.

The T3s I have go Marvel > Deadpool > Sharon Rogers > Cap > Thor > Magneto > Iron Man > Spidey I think. Magneto, Deadpool, Marvel, and Rogers probably bump the least and Cap, Spidey, Thor, and Iron Man bump the most. So a lot of it is like what you're looking for. A big bruiser beast or to turn Cap into a beast or a good combat or what. But you can't go wrong with Marvel, Deadpool, Sharon, Cap, and Thor IMO.

And I imagine Jean might beat them all. I don't know about Black Panther, Luna, Thanos, or Ant Man. I think that's it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Black Panther was my first T3 because YIBAMBE. It bumps him pretty good but not to the point where I'd run him in Timeline. His T3 power only cuts through about half of the last frost beast in AB Normal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been thinking of T3ing him because I have him maxed and he seems JUST on the brink of being really awesome.

But Jean is probably still the priority and Wolvie probably gets the combat bump.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

The T3s I have go Marvel > Deadpool > Sharon Rogers > Cap > Thor > Magneto > Iron Man > Spidey I think. Magneto, Deadpool, Marvel, and Rogers probably bump the least and Cap, Spidey, Thor, and Iron Man bump the most. So a lot of it is like what you're looking for. A big bruiser beast or to turn Cap into a beast or a good combat or what. But you can't go wrong with Marvel, Deadpool, Sharon, Cap, and Thor IMO.

And I imagine Jean might beat them all. I don't know about Black Panther, Luna, Thanos, or Ant Man. I think that's it.

I’d put Jean after Deadpool and luna equal or right after Sharon Rodgers, Shes great. And even despite his cost thanos is prob after cap, before Thor. But he’s so expensive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What I think makes it a little complicated to rank is that while they all get bumps from the T3 their T3 6 skills all work differently and have different affects on them.

Captain Marvel's 6 skill is reasonably powerful but I can't time it well to keep her protected so I barely use it. Instead i just use 5, 4, and occasionally 3 and they all do a poo poo ton of damage so you never really need the 6.

Deadpool's 6 does very little for me. I'll use it if the 5 and 4 need recharging but otherwise they do more damage for their worth and its plenty to kick rear end.

Sharon's 6 skill on the other hand does a poo poo ton of damage on top of the already big 5 and 4. I can basically wipe out Dwarf, Corvus, Ebony, or Thanos with one shot if I hit them right.

I forgot Mr. Fantastic. He'd probably go second to only Marvel because his 6 is similar to Sharon's in that it can completely wipe out Proxima or Thanos in one shot if I nail it clean. His 5, 4, and 3 do enough and keep him safe but its about charging up that 6 and doing 90% of the damage.

Cap's 6 is another huge game changer for him that I basically use the other stuff to stay alive and charge up. The downside is that it takes awhile to charge and then you have to charge it a second time. Its a lot of time to mess up your timing or get broken up. Still does a ton of damage to Proxima or Thanos if done right but takes 2-5 of them unlike the other one shots.

Thor's 6 is another big one. Not as powerful as Cap's, but charges quicker and lets out a huge lightning blast that lasts awhile. He's really best for multi target stuff like Alliance Battle and the World Event because the lightning just kills fuckers you don't even know are there. Still real good for Ebony.

Magneto's 6 is ok, and bigger than his 5 but not game changing from what I can tell in limited usage. I've taken him on ABX a couple of times and wasn't super impressed, but he's plenty powerful. I feel about the same way with Iron Man and Spidey. They all do well for their matchups but none of them feel like the sort of beasts the rest do.

So I guess depending on how you look at it Sharon, Fantastic, Cap, and Thor are more valuable as T3s than Deadpool and Marvel since their 6 skills add so much to their games while Deadpool and Marvel are still doing damage with their regular 5. On the other hand if you're just looking for the biggest rear end kicker Marvel and Deadpool blow Cap and Thor away and the two of them are pretty standard necessary if you want to compete in Timeline. And that goes to what you want to use them for, what WBU character you may need help with, etc.

tldr; I don't think there's really any simple answers to "who is the best T3?" but I'd argue that Sharon and Fantastic are stronger at T3 over T2 than Marvel and Deadpool are weaker at T2 over T3. And Cap and Thor go from also rans to serious players.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I think one of the biggest problems with rankings is that it depends upon what the character is used for. Spidey isn't great for WBU but can be a nightmare in PVP. Sharon gets murdered in PVP almost immediately, even at T3, but does crazy damage to bosses. Jean is much better than Deadpool in TL but Deadpool has more uses for WBU. It seems like apples and oranges.

Except Magneto. He sucks at everything. Not sure how he can be ranked at anything other than the bottom unless you're really chasing ABX numbers and won't settle for Stryfe for some reason.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's fair. Spidey should probably go above Magneto for Timeline. He's not much of a fighter but as long as the other team doesn't have debuff immunity he's my go to replacement for Deadpool.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Also Deadpool 6 ability is an amazing damage attack in PVE and an auto win button in Timeline. So many fights are just about him living long enough to use that attack.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While this game is pretty cool, why in god's name does it cost crystals to unequip gear and iso-8s? And a lot of crystals at that! I threw a bunch of random poo poo on my dudes, assuming (apparently wrongly) that I was meant to just swap them out as I got better stuff.

Also, as a new player, how much does this T2/T3 stuff matter? Is it a bad idea to play characters that don't have T2 or T3 versions? There are a poo poo-ton of characters in this game, but are most of them not really viable for end-game play or something?

I'm using the extremely logical and coherent party of Miles Morales, Korean girl with the spirit bear, and Gambit.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

You can equip gear and iso-8 over existing ones. Unequipping is just if you want to keep the old one.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

While this game is pretty cool, why in god's name does it cost crystals to unequip gear and iso-8s? And a lot of crystals at that! I threw a bunch of random poo poo on my dudes, assuming (apparently wrongly) that I was meant to just swap them out as I got better stuff.

Also, as a new player, how much does this T2/T3 stuff matter? Is it a bad idea to play characters that don't have T2 or T3 versions? There are a poo poo-ton of characters in this game, but are most of them not really viable for end-game play or something?

I'm using the extremely logical and coherent party of Miles Morales, Korean girl with the spirit bear, and Gambit.

YEs there’s a shitton of characters. There are lots of great ones that don’t have their t3 yet, t3 is an endgame player thing that really only matter for pushing higher world boss ultimate stages and for pvp. On the other hand every character has a t2 and they are important to getting through content.
Come to the discord and ask questions about which chars you’re thinking of leveling or investing and we can tell you go ahead it’s cool or no stay away while your eating building up.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

quote:

Join an alliance: we have 7. Just post your name here after you apply to one of our guilds:
Marble Hebrons, Doctor Goons, Goonlactus, Worst Alliance, BOLTAGOONS, Waifu Squad, Buster Highmen

Is this still operative? Are any alliances looking for a new player who maxed out Captain Sharon but still gets his rear end handed to him by loving Quicksilver?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Is this still operative? Are any alliances looking for a new player who maxed out Captain Sharon but still gets his rear end handed to him by loving Quicksilver?

When I checked and wound up joining Marbel Hebrons, only one of them had been disbanded. Just post your handle in-game and somebody'll approve you for whatever alliance.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Hebrons and Doctor Goons I know stay very active. Discord is super active too. Come hang!!!

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Doctor Goons will have a couple of empty slots tomorrow morning after reset, once Conquest is over and I can kick people again. Anyone is welcome.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I got Captain Marvel to Tier 2! :toot:

It was fun watching her tear apart the first half of my daily Timeline Battles until I got to the serious P2W teams.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

bobmcdynamite posted:

Doctor Goons will have a couple of empty slots tomorrow morning after reset, once Conquest is over and I can kick people again. Anyone is welcome.

Thank you! Applied. I look forward to holding you all back.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Are bonuses from using the specific teams important enough to make that a priority?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They can make a difference if you're on the edge of a fight but leadership and individual character buffs have bigger impact generally and if you need some big guns you shouldn't worry if they don't have a teamup bonus. But all things being equal, yeah, they can matter and help, but no, they probably shouldn't be a priority.

Those 5 teamup bonus teams are always good, though, because they add up.

A lot of this stuff is really later game stuff when you're fighting to try and take down WBR bosses or high level Shadowland floors. That stuff isn't really going to be super accessible for new players. The game is a bit weird/cool like that. There's a LOT of game modes and things to do and you basically have access to all of them whenever you want. But some are definitely designed for when you've got a tougher, deeper roster.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dumb question - is the Tony Stark's Supply Chest a one-time only buy? Once the week's (or however long it was) over, you can't buy it again?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dawgstar posted:

Dumb question - is the Tony Stark's Supply Chest a one-time only buy? Once the week's (or however long it was) over, you can't buy it again?

Oh no. It wants you to keep buying and buying.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1142990730538999808

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The latest sounds like we're getting Electro.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yep.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1143353117624291328?s=20

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

gently caress YES.

I want to OWN EVERYONE with T3 MYSTERIO.

And it better not be some lame-rear end un-bowled Jake-face.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Give me alt universe unboweled cut rate Jared Leto

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

:stonk:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Give me alt universe unboweled cut rate Jared Leto

morbius when

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Any goon guilds willing to throw me an invite? Just got back into this game after... 4 years. In game name is: guyfacehaver

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So maybe three new characters?

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/status/1143715507494903808?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Over on the Reddit people are gambling that if they wait until the 30th to claim the free Tier 2 selector (which stays in your inbox for two days) and the update goes to plan they'd have a few hours to maybe use it on any new characters in this update.

I think that strategy will result in a few people losing out on a Tier 2 Selector.