Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
So that's how he did it he had the freaking dagger the whole time.

Also what the gently caress was up with that last save you made!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.

Iceclaw posted:

Out of curiosity, can you swipe the Athame and then talk to him?

That’s a no. He takes the dagger back if he catches you, and once you escape you can’t go back in.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

I wonder if the witch is gonna wreck Hugo out of spite, now that he doesn't have the dagger.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

whats for dinner posted:

I wonder if the witch is gonna wreck Hugo out of spite, now that he doesn't have the dagger.

The man has been playing fast & loose with Office Witch Safety Procedures for the past ever because he had the +5 Adamantine Shiv Of Witch Immunity.

Imagine the habits he'll have to break himself of before he loving dies from a single casual misstep that he's used to.

He's already in a hell of his own making now.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

We have witch safety procedures for a reason. :colbert:

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
That spooky last save was really neat. It would be cool if the save images got more and more disturbing and maybe there was some sort of penalty or bad end for using a certain amount
I mean, copying your soul seems pretty dangerous. What if it's diluting your soul a bit each time?

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Coming up from Class R, Hugo must have been hired as a hunter like Pasternack, so I imagine The Witch would be very interested in him.

I looked up some names to see if there was any fun hidden meaning there, and Pasternack means parsnip. Brian means noble. So, Noble Parsnip.

Hugo = mind.
Kate is probably a reference to Saint Catherine of Alexandria, of 'Catherine Wheel' fame. Nothing on Hicks, other than, you know, hicks
Sosa = seaweed, Marta = lady or daughter
Chapman = merchant, Anthony = priceless
Doshi = also merchant (of cloth), Inay = godlike
Malone means servant St John and Jenna comes from Guinevere, but may just referencing the actress Jena Malone.
Rostov = growth, Irina a greek goddess of peace

Rei can mean friend or shepherd in hebrew, king in portugese, and a lot of things in Japanese depending on how it's written. Including 'small bell', 'ghost', and 'return'

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yo, I liked that shout-out to Hugo's past in the corner of the CEO office.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

I'd skipped this one despite the good reviews because the title makes it sound like tryhard Bret Easton Ellis fan fiction. What a terrible name for an awesome game with a great Let's Play, and also if you don't save my new friend Sosa I am going to burn this idiot world to the ground.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Yuppie Psycho Steam Page posted:

SintraCorp Mandated Memo

Proceed at your own risk, The Management can not be held accountable for any loss of sanity beyond this point.

We have implemented new systems in place to improve the quality of life of our employees as well as adding some Extras to be found.

Improvements and Additions

2 New achievements
Updated Flashlight
New Videoclub Misterio tape: Lost Tapes #1
Game Art available on Extras
Soundtrack available on Extras
New language Brazilian Portuguese by Brenda Triandafeledis.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/597760/Yuppie_Psycho/

Additionally we are also running a fanart contest!
More details on out Twitter post~

Looking into that lost tape + new achievements, I'll post some game art at some point.

Here's the new banner image they posted, whatever you can glean from it

Also, if you're into fanart, and maybe want some swag? Also if you do any post them here, because that would be great:

Here's the fanart contest

Explosions posted:

I'd skipped this one despite the good reviews because the title makes it sound like tryhard Bret Easton Ellis fan fiction. What a terrible name for an awesome game with a great Let's Play, and also if you don't save my new friend Sosa I am going to burn this idiot world to the ground.

I'm not in LOVE with the name. It's certainly not describing Pasternack.

Maybe the Yuppie Psycho is Hugo?

Edit New achievements: looks like one is for "Finding Sintra's Ghost in Corvo's Sintranet"

I have to believe that's something different than the glitched out one that gives us the code to Corvo's pace, because that's required for game progression, and it'd be weird to add another game-progression achievement at this point. Maybe she shows up after the party? I'll check and confirm.

The other one is for never using a photocopier in the game. I'll have to add that as a bonus run. I don't really see that being a problem.

Bacter fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 25, 2019

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Bacter posted:

Looking into that lost tape + new achievements, I'll post some game art at some point.

Here's the new banner image they posted, whatever you can glean from it

Also, if you're into fanart, and maybe want some swag? Also if you do any post them here, because that would be great:

Here's the fanart contest

I'm not in LOVE with the name. It's certainly not describing Pasternack.

Maybe the Yuppie Psycho is Hugo?

Edit New achievements: looks like one is for "Finding Sintra's Ghost in Corvo's Sintranet"

I have to believe that's something different than the glitched out one that gives us the code to Corvo's pace, because that's required for game progression, and it'd be weird to add another game-progression achievement at this point. Maybe she shows up after the party? I'll check and confirm.

The other one is for never using a photocopier in the game. I'll have to add that as a bonus run. I don't really see that being a problem.

Huh, I assumed the no-photocopier challenge was already a thing, possibly giving a special ending, since there's a line about Brian having used the soul-stealing paper. Also it's always been a thing in RE games to get a better ranking (not saving).

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I don’t know if they count the first one that Hugo forces you to do - I don’t know how to avoid that

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It probably allows just that one since it's forced.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

We'll find out later, I'm sure. BUT FOR NOW: WHAT'S GOING ON IN THAT 9th FLOOR?!

Also, after that last update we had every original video that we could watch - I find the new bonus one in the start of this video, and then it's VIDEOCLUB MISTERIO time! There are some neat hints in there, so let's have at it!

Bacter fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jun 26, 2019

Cossack
Mar 2, 2012

You see Sigmund here.
Sigmund hits you.
You die.
Is the video starting later in your footage than it's intended to? The subtitles are referencing damage that we didn't see and it seems like we're already in the thick of it.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

This was entirely worth it for Mr. Filleto. Also the other videos were well done and creepy and stuff, but like. Mr. Filleto.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Certainly was a bit late - fix'd version is uploading now! Management, as ever, apologizes for the confusion.

Cossack
Mar 2, 2012

You see Sigmund here.
Sigmund hits you.
You die.

Bacter posted:

Certainly was a bit late - fix'd version is uploading now! Management, as ever, apologizes for the confusion.

Glad to help, chief!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Spader’s weird, but in the end, he’s still a contractor and doesn’t want to get involved in your company politics.

(Also, I can’t imagine him not being a reference to James Spader, villain of ‘80s John Hughes movies and villain/weirdo in many other movies)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
If Spadder is not the actual Devil, then I don't know what.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Adding to the weird vibe of the videos are a couple of rather mundane quirks: the use of AM and PM with a 24-hour clock...and dates like April 31.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
After careful searching for that link you mentioned, I finally found it. People are gonna be surprised when they see it.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

Mraagvpeine posted:

After careful searching for that link you mentioned, I finally found it. People are gonna be surprised when they see it.

Having seen it I agree with this comment.

On a completely different note, I wonder if we will meet MR. Fileto. He seems like a lovely chap.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Spader strikes me as just... above all this mess? He's a contracted worker, so the Witch is just a temporary problem for him.

Given that the Athame is said to 'ward away the Witch' do you take less damage if it's in your inventory? Do enemies ignore you or is it harder for them to find you?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Man those artworks are unsettling. They reminded me of Keith Thompson's nightmarish art.

While we're at it, some of the Videoclub Misterio stuff reminds me a bit of that super weird twelve minute long extended trailer for Silent Hill 4.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Iceclaw posted:

If Spadder is not the actual Devil, then I don't know what.
That's what I was thinking. Spader -> spade -> spade tail -> devil.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Sindai posted:

That's what I was thinking. Spader -> spade -> spade tail -> devil.

Well, that, and being a passive watcher who delve into your motivations, all the while being fully dressed in white.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Spader is definitely an oddball.

He's above the Witch/Hugo antics.

He's immune to the occult powers of the Lady in Red (and yes, even at the final location, the LiR will happily murder you if you decide to look at it).

His art gallery (real artist/paintings btw)

THE RECEPTIONISTS....ugh

And yet he's a good guy, at least for our purposes.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he was committing some sort of heinous/blasphemous/evil poo poo SOMEWHERE.

The witch's existence proves at the very least that the occult exists in this world, so maybe Spader has his own occult based thing....

Or maybe he is devil, who knows?

mauman fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 27, 2019

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Maybe Spader will get explained in some DLC?

Someone mentioned this game having DLC coming later, I think.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I should note that he is a contracted worker. You know who is often depicted as making contracts? The devil.

Edit: To clarify, I mean things like summoning a demon/what-have-you often being depicted as forming a contract with it, which could be considered contracted work on the demon's part.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 27, 2019

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

I don't know if it's going to be DLC, or if it's going to just be a free update, but it REALLY seems like there's more content coming.

In particular there's no way to get in the locked door on the third floor (Doshi's floor), and there are a bunch of assets and a potential future boss fight already designed and in the game files.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Bacter posted:

I don't know if it's going to be DLC, or if it's going to just be a free update, but it REALLY seems like there's more content coming.

In particular there's no way to get in the locked door on the third floor (Doshi's floor), and there are a bunch of assets and a potential future boss fight already designed and in the game files.

Also that bricked up 6th floor that's mentioned in documents as being some kind of weapons development? Or something? Completely sealed off, but very mysterious! There's also that tower of cubicles in the Hive that might be related to something - didn't seem like just a throwaway gag to me, at least. There's quite a lot of odd places that feel like they could have been expanded just a bit more.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Chronische posted:

Also that bricked up 6th floor that's mentioned in documents as being some kind of weapons development? Or something? Completely sealed off, but very mysterious! There's also that tower of cubicles in the Hive that might be related to something - didn't seem like just a throwaway gag to me, at least. There's quite a lot of odd places that feel like they could have been expanded just a bit more.

Speaking of the 4th floor and places that could be expanded on, there's that section of the hive that's blocked off by the line of jackass employees.

There's a LOT of places that could be elaborated on in this game, but the 3rd and 6th floors are definitely the most obvious picks.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Well, I got the two new achievements.

I probably WON'T be showing off the "don't use any witch paper" run - it's honestly identical to the one you'll see here. It doesn't look like anything unique or different happens, which is kind of a bummer. It's not really even a challenge run - I was sitting on a mountain of coffee and cheese sandwiches by the end (you can use all your cheese for sandwiches, since you're obviously not hurting for Witch Paper).

The other new achievement is... notable. It's presented here!

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Well between this and the secret video, I am sure nothing bad is going to happen and everything with Brian is totally on the up-and-up. Can't wait for what I'm sure will be a simple and happy resolution!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I gotta say watching this sleep deprived in the middle of the night while a newborn cries softly next to you at random times and scares the life out of you is the ideal way to experience this!

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Well....THAT was interesting.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

For the life of me i cannot seem to see her ghost when you say that she's shown up.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

She's very faint, even when playing.

I highlighted her head here - you can probably at least make out the eyes!

SO OK, there's ooooooooone little detail we left out!

WE HAVEN'T RESCUED OUR FRIENDS! (Including of course Sosa)

As I explain in the video, because we're being perfect little brainiacs, we can actually skip this puzzle, but nuts to THAT.

YOUR JOB, o droogs, is to match up the the following list of grubs (by location) with the following list of names

GRUBS

* Corvo's Sintranet
* The lair of the insane giant naked guy with the filing cabinet strapped to his back
* The forest, near the hermit
* Videoclub Misterio
* Advancement Trial Room

NAMES

* Kate
* Tony
* Marta
* Irina
* Inay
* Jenna

Feel free to look at old videos, to reason with the other clues provided. I would of course encourage you not to look up walkthroughs - it's more fun with a little danger, no?

Correct guesses will - do SOMETHING. Free the souls of our co-workers probably.

Incorrect guesses will almost certainly be... very bad.

I told you in the video you get a freebie. If you want extra challenge, don't look below, otherwise...

Irina Rostov is in The Lair of the giant naked guy. I'll post a picture of her at the party later, plus she's mostly associated with this floor, being a worker here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Obviously Sosa's the one in Videoclub Misterio and I think her name was Marta.