Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FOX TAIL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iospace posted:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Worlds fastest lawn mower indeed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Lol @ world's fastest lawn mower

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Estre/Mueller lucky they didn't turn the leading cars into dust there.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

And people wonder why I like this race more than Le Mans

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Shumagorath posted:

God drat, how many hours are left? I can watch this on WEC's site without a VPN right?

This is a VLN race, it’s got nothing to do with WEC. There aren’t any cars that are eligible for VLN that are also able to race in WEC; the top class here is GT3 not GTE.

But you can watch the entire thing on YouTube for free, legally, at the link already posted.

That move by Estre for the lead was bonkers. Two wheels off at one of the very fastest parts of the track, and if you get it wrong there you’re going into the base of the bridge, hard, and then you roll downhill for about a minute.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
It looks like I saw something like an LMP2 but there are also hatchbacks with race liveries...? How many classes are in this?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

It looks like I saw something like an LMP2 but there are also hatchbacks with race liveries...? How many classes are in this?
Live timing is here: https://livetiming.azurewebsites.net/event=50?config=w9

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Shumagorath posted:

There are 33 classes listed on the VLN site (https://www.vln.de/en/division-into-classes/)but I don't think all of them are in this race.

You probably saw the only SPX entrant: the SCG-003, which is built to FIA GT3 spec (the SP9 class here), but they don't make enough of them for homologation so it's in SPX.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Big Kev is THE BOY

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
FWIW it's not a VLN race either. This is put on by ADAC, the same organization that handles the GT Masters. They are closely coupled by being on the combined nurburgring and relying on the same permitting system and attracting similar entries, but are otherwise separate.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

That little interview they had with Dennis was awesome. He seems like a good kid :shobon:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

holy gently caress that's a nasty wreck :stonk:

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Everything is happening

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the "intervention vehicles" are involved in as many wrecks as they are clearing it seems

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Campell was 2 seconds from nailing that IV in the door coming out onto the track, it looks like it just came out from that barrier exit

Incident 2: was he on his loving phone?? how did that even happen :psyduck:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iospace posted:

They say they can fix it and send the Manta back out again before end of the race. If they actually achieve this, they achieve another level of legendary, imo.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

tuo posted:

They say they can fix it and send the Manta back out again before end of the race. If they actually achieve this, they achieve another level of legendary, imo.
That would be absolutely great.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

tuo posted:

:getin:

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
N24 is such a glorious clusterfuck

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

D. Ebdrup posted:

That would be absolutely great.

they just interviewed the team. Both axles need to be replaced, plus the front welded. Five to six hours, they say. I love endurance racing.

razak
Apr 13, 2016

Ready for graphing

an oddly awful oud posted:

N24 is such a glorious clusterfuck

In the very best way.

Think they could use more brooms to clean up that accident. Holy hell.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

FWIW it's not a VLN race either. This is put on by ADAC, the same organization that handles the GT Masters. They are closely coupled by being on the combined nurburgring and relying on the same permitting system and attracting similar entries, but are otherwise separate.

TIL :)

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

tuo posted:

they just interviewed the team. Both axles need to be replaced, plus the front welded. Five to six hours, they say. I love endurance racing.
Yep, this is EXACTLY why I love endurance racing too. The teams of engineers and drivers just put on such fantastic performances, and it simply wouldn't work any other way.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fauxhawk Express posted:

holy gently caress that's a nasty wreck :stonk:
Video? I moved over to my PC.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
nissan was slowing down and a porsche hit him in the rear end so hard the porsche barrel rolled

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I mean, I don't mind Michael Christensen being in the lead because :denmark:, but I didn't want him to not have competition for it - and I'm damned sure he'd want no competition either, because racing drivers are nuts like that. :(

razak
Apr 13, 2016

Ready for graphing
What the hell broke on the 2 Merc? Did they say. It didn't look all that bad for them to retire the car.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

razak posted:

What the hell broke on the 2 Merc? Did they say. It didn't look all that bad for them to retire the car.

He nailed a (Supra?) in the first corner, then pitted. Damage didnt seem too visibly bad but the car has been retired because of it.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
How long is a stint? The commentators are referring to drivers doing singles and doubles, I thought the standard stint for Le Mans was 4 hours?

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Shumagorath posted:

Video? I moved over to my PC.

https://streamable.com/i5pvc This one, I think.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

There’s a YouTube stream does it not work in America?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

There’s a YouTube stream does it not work in America?

It works for me in the US.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://youtu.be/E2rxObjZrwg they ran some classic racecars around for a few hours yesterday, sadly it's all in German but some nice cars

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Arcella posted:

How long is a stint? The commentators are referring to drivers doing singles and doubles, I thought the standard stint for Le Mans was 4 hours?

If you change drivers every other pit stop then a stint is 15-16 laps. At Le Mans a stint is around two hours. Actually it’s a bit less if a tank of gas lasts about 50 min.

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 23, 2019

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

net work error posted:

It works for me in the US.

Works just fine here too

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Also the track is much longer and has many more turns than other tracks so the stinting is a little different than most other tracks.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Peanut President posted:

nissan was slowing down and a porsche hit him in the rear end so hard the porsche barrel rolled
After last weekend this further confirms that Porsche drivers are undiagnosed psychopaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Glickenhaus car has to have full reconstruction to change a headlight it looks like.

e: Ok so there was damage to the front as well.

net work error fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 23, 2019