Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Hakarne posted:

Also Hero Stats works again for I25. The author has a thread on the homecoming forums:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,4972.0.html

I never used it - does this mean I can have some kind of alert/tracker for recasting buffs (e.g. Hasten, Destiny incarnates etc)?

Yes, you can have it play a sound when the power is recharged. You can also set it to show an in-game countdown to show how long your team buffs will last before you need to reapply them, which is very handy.

Time till level is handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just ran that cosplay convention farm with a couple of goons, and god damnit is that a cool AE map! Even just sitting there getting a PL was fun cause you can just try to identify all the characters!

:dance:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well this has been a fun and productive night.

(I'm never wearing any other badge again)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

stumbled onto the genius idea to use Water Blast as ectoplasmic goo and made a ghost

Sentinel felt like it could kind of best represent the untouchable ghostly nature of her so went with Energy Aura, and it's been cool so far. gave it a nice green tint with the Energy Glow options and it looks great

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Water Blast looks cool as hell with crazy color schemes

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

water really benefits a lot from customization imo

dark is pretty good too, but it's harder to customize well

earth has some cool ones but it's still just earth

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

water really benefits a lot from customization imo

dark is pretty good too, but it's harder to customize well

earth has some cool ones but it's still just earth

I made a water / storm character, coloured everything red and called them bloodrocuted

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Harrow posted:

Well this has been a fun and productive night.

(I'm never wearing any other badge again)

This was super fun and I'm so excited we managed to crush him so fast. Everyone was so on the ball and the 2nd run where we did a full Master of run for all the badges was just mind blowing.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

LordSaturn posted:

i.m.e. as Pain Dom trying to prop up a Brute tank, I absolutely loving need Share Pain

the real problem with heal-intensive sets is that healing is very, very reactive, as opposed to laying down shields and maybe dumping some debuffs on the crowd. as a healer, I have to keep track of who seems to be eating the alphas, make sure I always have LoS to them, make sure nobody's stumbling around stunned or blind, etc etc. much easier to play something like Thermal where you have a mix of shields and heals, less firefighting that way

Yeah, Absorb/Share Pain is actually pretty critical if you're not running with a super optimized team. It's also useful for when a squishy draws aggro from a boss - oh, the Blaster just got smacked by the Freak Tank and lost half their health? Ctrl+Z.

The other big thing about Heal Other and Absorb Pain is that while you can top everyone off regularly with Healing Aura, you don't always want to be standing in the dead center of a huge fight next to the tank. Y'know, where all the AoEs are being targeted? Plus if people end up scattering due to runners, or Scrapperlock, or whatever you can keep up on heals without needing to be simultaneously up everyone's butt.

spectralent posted:

In fairness, Empathy has some good buffs, but they're really late and a lot of the really nice stuff is on long recharges. It does feel like an I0 set, which is weird when Dark and Kin are also I0 and probably the best support sets in the game.

Dark got a large number of changes over time, to the point where it really isn't an I0 set. I think nearly every power got some kind of direct or indirect buff at some point. Twilight Grasp and Howling Twilight got their -Regen later once that debuff was actually a thing, Darkest Night didn't even start with its -ToHit debuff, Fearsome Stare, like all Fear powers, was originally a button that made enemies run away rather than inflict the Terrorize mez, etc.

Kin excels almost entirely because Fulcrum Shift was never balanced properly. If you look at how the set is actually constructed, it's a very I0 kind of mess. Probably part of the reason why it never got slammed with nerfs was because 1) before tech work was done Transfusion (and Transference) would fail when used on dying targets, making it the least reliable heal in the game while also already being the hardest to use well and 2) the set gives up an entire power slot for "give team Super Jump". It's also weighed down by the unpopular Repel and the really anemic Increase Density, the latter of which was awkwardly grandfathered in to the AoE team buff change in a way that just confuses everyone.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 21, 2019

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I have a /Bio armor stalker and colored the effects to look like an organic metal (yay comic book science) to go with green electricity. I love how the colors can make things feel so different.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

khy posted:

I was listening to that power metal song, and just letting youtube play the next songs without curating it.

Then the Wind Rose cover of "Diggy diggy hole" came on and I ended up making a dwarf and pasting the lyrics into my bio.

So really, it's your fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34CZjsEI1yU

Thank you both so much for introducing me to the insanity that is the world of Napalm Records. Holy gently caress my neighbors are pissed at me now, but I have a Laser Powered Goblin Smasher so it doesn't matter.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

One thing I like more about CO is that it let you choose emination points for your powers.

I'd get a lot more milage out of the creator is my powers could be shot through a staff.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

John Murdoch posted:

Kin excels almost entirely because Fulcrum Shift was never balanced properly. If you look at how the set is actually constructed, it's a very I0 kind of mess. Probably part of the reason why it never got slammed with nerfs was because 1) before tech work was done Transfusion (and Transference) would fail when used on dying targets, making it the least reliable heal in the game while also already being the hardest to use well and 2) the set gives up an entire power slot for "give team Super Jump". It's also weighed down by the unpopular Repel and the really anemic Increase Density, the latter of which was awkwardly grandfathered in to the AoE team buff change in a way that just confuses everyone.

The fact that Inertial Reduction still existed in 2012 shows that the devs had stopped looking in that direction years ago.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

One thing I like more about CO is that it let you choose emination points for your powers.

I'd get a lot more milage out of the creator is my powers could be shot through a staff.

I made a Black Mage cosplay character and I'd spend actual money to let him use a staff for all his blasts

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So how much accuracy should I shoot for on a Brute for +4s? I'm at 120-130%ish in Mids and I'm debating taking tactics to get that closer to 150. What's a good number to shoot for?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Hakarne posted:

So how much accuracy should I shoot for on a Brute for +4s? I'm at 120-130%ish in Mids and I'm debating taking tactics to get that closer to 150. What's a good number to shoot for?

go into mids and change your base to-hit to 39% to see your acc vs +4s

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Got into a level 43 pug on my mid 30s Wp/SS tank. I didnt know things could spawn at +5 to the mission owner, +6 to any side kicks. as at 50 +4 means things are 54, the mob level cap. got yelled at for not holding aggro and being squishy. Riiiiight. every defensive toggle i can get my hands on, 3 slotted for def or resist, and this is MY fault. Dumb mother fuckers.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

winterwerefox posted:

Got into a level 43 pug on my mid 30s Wp/SS tank. I didnt know things could spawn at +5 to the mission owner, +6 to any side kicks. as at 50 +4 means things are 54, the mob level cap. got yelled at for not holding aggro and being squishy. Riiiiight. every defensive toggle i can get my hands on, 3 slotted for def or resist, and this is MY fault. Dumb mother fuckers.

If you're on a mixed-level PUG and it's set to +4, leave.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Thank you both so much for introducing me to the insanity that is the world of Napalm Records. Holy gently caress my neighbors are pissed at me now, but I have a Laser Powered Goblin Smasher so it doesn't matter.

You're welcome. The best part? Dee motherfuckin Snider is signed with them and still making incredible music.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Gynovore posted:

If you're on a mixed-level PUG and it's set to +4, leave.

but max team+max difficulty=max xp

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah it's worth sticking around in a group like that long enough to see if they're capable of steamrollering. Team composition and synergy is more important than their relative levels or even player skill (since the ceiling for that is pretty low in CoH to be honest). But if they're struggling and refusing to lower difficulty then ditch them asap.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
And of course with so many people tricking out with Inventions because it's so 'easy to get'(Certainly it can be, but there's still the burden of 'how') what people can deal with and what people expect also goes up.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Bloodly posted:

And of course with so many people tricking out with Inventions because it's so 'easy to get'(Certainly it can be, but there's still the burden of 'how') what people can deal with and what people expect also goes up.

I'm trying to figure out the spines/fire farm situation and like I'm in the 20s but I xp boosted there so I don't have any inf. Like I've heard I'm supposed to slot this dude out with IOs but I don't know how that poo poo works. Ultimately, I made the dude so I can farm influence for my other dudes, because I heard that is a thing.

Honestly, I don't care that much about min maxing my dudes, I'm mostly here to do cool things for fun, but it's not simple to jump right into the powerlevellling farm game.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Have you been doing this poo poo for tickets? If you've been doing it for tickets, you can buy rare salvage and sell it on the auction house (you can type /ah anywhere and get the auction house interface, in case you didn't know). The market got flooded due to this, so you get about half a million per rare piece of salvage, but you should be able to sell enough crap to get IOs. If you've been going for regular rewards, then it's still "sell your poo poo on the auction house," but you're at the mercy of the RNG. If you want to keep a steady (not great, but steady) flow of money coming, then do the farms that are floored at level 50, because then you can get common IO recipe drops, which sell for 70k to 100k at the NPC vendors. It's not a super huge amount of money, obviously, but it'll keep you enhanced.

Do note, however, that that's for common IOs, which will save you money in the long run. If you want to just get the gently caress on with it, SOs will work perfectly fine. loving around with sets takes a bunch of time and money, so it's only worth doing if you want to go balls to the wall on farming. If you're just going for "being poor sucks, I want to at least get SOs in my poo poo" tier money, then SOs (or common IOs) are all you really need.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Spanish Matlock posted:

I'm trying to figure out the spines/fire farm situation and like I'm in the 20s but I xp boosted there so I don't have any inf. Like I've heard I'm supposed to slot this dude out with IOs but I don't know how that poo poo works. Ultimately, I made the dude so I can farm influence for my other dudes, because I heard that is a thing.

Honestly, I don't care that much about min maxing my dudes, I'm mostly here to do cool things for fun, but it's not simple to jump right into the powerlevellling farm game.

While leveling, just put common IOs or SOs in your stuff. 6 slot spine burst with 3 damage, 1 recharge, and 2 acc, and your two damage auras with 3 damage, 2 end red, and 1 acc. 4 slot active defense abilities with 3 resist, 1 end red. 3 slot stamina with end mod. Prob still will have endurance issues, but you can go to the P2W vendor and turn off rez and mez inspirations to make easy room for the blues.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mastajake posted:

While leveling, just put common IOs or SOs in your stuff. 6 slot spine burst with 3 damage, 1 recharge, and 2 acc, and your two damage auras with 3 damage, 2 end red, and 1 acc. 4 slot active defense abilities with 3 resist, 1 end red. 3 slot stamina with end mod. Prob still will have endurance issues, but you can go to the P2W vendor and turn off rez and mez inspirations to make easy room for the blues.

Keep in mind that this does not increase the amount of insp that drop of that color.
You will get the same amount but just not have to clear out your tray.

I say keep them all on and just eat everything you don't need. It can't hurt.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

You can do that with Break Frees, but not Awakens. Those should be shut off because they drop often enough to get in the way, but not often enough that you're likely to get three to combine into something useful. And you can't just eat them, because they don't work if you're alive, so you wind up having to delete them or letting them sit in the tray.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
I email all wakies to my global. Granted, that probably doesn't help if you're a farmer hell bent on maximizing Time::Efficiency, but it works great for me.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Finally made a costume I thought was cool enough to post in the thread. Behold, Spectrum Sentinel (because Rainbow Riot was already taken).

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

For Common IO setting up alts, get yourself a dedicated crafter and memorize the 25-40 brackets. Crafting commons go from Recipe+Craft+salvage to 1/2 Craft+Salvage in influence costs. 100k influence each to 30k. that adds up.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

MechaCrash posted:

If you've been going for regular rewards, then it's still "sell your poo poo on the auction house," but you're at the mercy of the RNG.
Also if you're farming for regular rewards, you should have plenty of stuff in your inventory to make your own IO's which is way, way cheaper than buying them. At 22 or thereabouts take a quick break from farming to go to the university in Steel Canyon/Cap Au Diable and do the IO tutorial quest, which will get you a free lvl 25 IO and dump a bunch of information on how to make your own.

Then you can turn your enhancements into cash. Or the majority of them, I used some of the SO's I got to shore up some things I didn't IO out when I hit 25 (mostly end reductions in toggles, runs jumps and healing/absorbs in the fitness stuff.)

Here's a quick and dirty list of the salvage you need in order to make your own basic IO's, all at level 25:

Accuracy
Luck Charm
Boresight

Damage
Inanimate Carbon Rod
Brass

Defense Buff
Ancient Artifact
Luck Charm
Runebound Armor

Endurance Mod.
Spell Scroll
Spiritual Essence
Simple Chemical

Endurance Reduc.
Ancient Artifact
Spell Scroll

Recharge Reduc.
Clockwork Winder
Computer Virus

Resist Damage
2x Runebound Armor
Simple Chemical

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

friendly reminder: if you do a bunch of basic (workbench) IO crafting on one character, they'll memorize the recipes, greatly reducing the cost of further crafting of the same type: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Memorization_Badges

doing this effectively will probably force you to make an SG base with an enhancement table, though, and there's no special reason why your designated crafter should make any non-workbench recipes, it just makes the workbench IOs much cheaper

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Remora posted:

Finally made a costume I thought was cool enough to post in the thread. Behold, Spectrum Sentinel (because Rainbow Riot was already taken).

drat, my eyes didn’t properly interpret those pictures at first and so, for a few seconds, I thought there might be a rainbow coloring option for power customization in some blaster set or whatever.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Spanish Matlock posted:

If you do the summer blockbuster once you should get a unique enhancement that sells for millions.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

edit slightly better pic

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 23, 2019

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

And he better be a Titan Weapon user if he's not a kheldian (I'm not super familiar with the lore on all that).

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

edit slightly better pic

I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Cimewowa called Biggus Nictus.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

HPanda posted:

And he better be a Titan Weapon user if he's not a kheldian (I'm not super familiar with the lore on all that).

warshade

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Fine. I guess he already has something else to swing around, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Anyone have good missions/grinding locations for the different Viridian unlock requirements?