Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

yea but the actual goonfleet forums are full of boring shitposters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

andromache posted:

Indeed.

Just got off of National Guard Annual Training where I spent two weeks in a tent back in the rear end end of Kansas, letting my nutsack free float in a sea of sweat.

Time to distribute just a fraction of that pain to the masses. I always come off these things motivated and ready to Execute Change. Purging 600 characters and a few hundred accounts? No sweat.

I was AD, but I remember those days

I wanted to stick up for rutibex, but he's a bad and you're one of the better overlords left hanging around goonswarm

purge harder friend

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I have been basically absentee since my kid was born only barely performing my tawdry administrative functions in a way even I am okay with and yet did not get purged

I don't see a point to worrying about your corp history being uninterrupted if you're not even logging into jabber or mumble or getting PAPs like who cares in that scenario? It's like getting a doctorate then never doing anything in your field, as if having a long employment history means anything other than you logged in once

Unvacation using the regular methods and move right along, maybe log in. Or, understand that the true nobility of our status in waffe comes from not doing those things but you might be occasionally inconvenienced to have to reapply.

Or like, don't, it's all good

But melting down on the something is awful dot com forums about goonfleet administration is some incredibly old school poo poo and I do appreciate you for that

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 22, 2019

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

andromache posted:

Yeah but if I did that, I lack a way to discriminate between your posts, which are cheeky and fun, and Rutibex's posts, which are cruel and tragic.

Cruel and tragic as they may be, you have to admit that "why was I purged" is up there in like the top 5 all-time classic posts of this thread's various lifetimes and that while bad, these most recent posts are also classics

like idk fuckin' candy corn, or necco wafers

you hate to see them but you love to see them, is what I'm saying

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Paramemetic posted:

necco wafers

:barf::hf::chloe:

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

Just like gently caress up a z0r chain once every 90 days or something

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

andromache posted:

Yeah but if I did that, I lack a way to discriminate between your posts, which are cheeky and fun, and Rutibex's posts, which are cruel and tragic.

I swear to god, I will PISTOL WHIP the next guy who says posts

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Did Rutibex wise up or just take a nap? I was waiting for Mittens to show up and announce his commissar finger was itchy

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I swear to god, I will PISTOL WHIP the next guy who says posts

:jpmf:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rust Martialis posted:

Did Rutibex wise up or just take a nap? I was waiting for Mittens to show up and announce his commissar finger was itchy

Mittens is in the UK and as it's almost midnight he should be close to drunk as gently caress by now

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Rutibex could be the next Mordus Angels

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Mittens is in the UK and as it's almost midnight he should be close to drunk as gently caress by now

Bugger, I was in London last three days seeing Crimson play the Albert Hall

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rust Martialis posted:

Bugger, I was in London last three days seeing Crimson play the Albert Hall

I'm half tempted to go to see Public Service Broadcasting do their late night prom in July because seeing 'The Race For Space' with a full orchestra would be amazing, but it's a work night

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean, "install jabber, run it once a week" can't be that loving hard can it? Hell, I have no mic, but I still have speakers so I run mumble and listen on fleet ops

It's been a while, but if memory serves Jabber is quite happy to start with windows? Makes this bit hella easy.

wafflethief fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 22, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Recoome posted:

Rutibex could be the next Mordus Angels

Does MoA still exist

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

orange juche posted:

Does MoA still exist

Does Rutibex?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

wafflethief posted:

It's been a while, but if memory serves Jabber is quite happy to start with windows?

yeah but I usually turn it off if I'm gonna play something memory intensive because boy does it still like to run away with poo poo

Monster Hunter World and Rimworld both struggle with it for example

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

orange juche posted:

Does MoA still exist

Nope. They were given sov in Deklein after we were booted out of the north in 2016. They succumbed to internal rot extremely quickly after that, if memory serves.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Nope. They were given sov in Deklein after we were booted out of the north in 2016. They succumbed to internal rot extremely quickly after that, if memory serves.

I think they officially died last year

We reffed 4 faction fortizars that were theirs and NCdot blew them up for us to deny us the killmails lol

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

We shoulda just given them sov and let them eat themselves back when we were living up there.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
hello i got a notification on my phone from the eve app i have installed for some reason that i've been kicked from goonwaffe.

is it time?

have i been freed?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

hello i got a notification on my phone from the eve app i have installed for some reason that i've been kicked from goonwaffe.

is it time?

have i been freed?

Yes, you have been freed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om5rbtudzrg

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rust Martialis posted:

I don't really have anything else to say. If goonwaffe is going to be the kind of corp that gets on my rear end about metrics like some god forsaken office job then its not a good fit for me. Getting all of my poo poo turned off arbitrarily again is really quite annoying so I'm going to play a game where that can't happen any more.

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Facebook Aunt posted:

True. I was deeply shaken by our forums participation numbers in the May participation metrics.

Only 20% bothered to log in and make a lovely post last month? We have brought shame on our ancestors.

:negative:

These graphs have been pathetic since Holesquad was unfriended. Free Saya Nakamura.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I don't really have anything else to say. If goonwaffe is going to be the kind of corp that gets on my rear end about metrics like some god forsaken office job then its not a good fit for me. Getting all of my poo poo turned off arbitrarily again is really quite annoying so I'm going to play a game where that can't happen any more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiP1MJC7EU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Rutibex posted:

I use this image full well knowing that you'll be right back in the alliance in a week, having dealt with your type on many occasion over my 8 year (jesus christ) stint in the alliance direkktorate.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

andromache posted:

I use this image full well knowing that you'll be right back in the alliance in a week, having dealt with your type on many occasion over my 8 year (jesus christ) stint in the alliance direkktorate.

its some kind of travesty rutibex gets back in but i cant

i mean i 100% know why i just felt like complaining about it since it's been awhile :yaycloud:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pretty sure kimemsums would contribute more to the alliance than rooty tooty

fishing pacts

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rutibex posted:

:v:
I already did. I didn't know who to contact because all of my access to the goonfleet forums was cut off and he was the CEO of Goonwaffe.

Oh my god

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Straight up posting in jabber is heaps of fun just because yelling at pubbies for being dumb is fun

Also learning new things in a game you’ve been playing for a decade owns

Hopefully me being on holiday this last week didn’t gently caress anything up for me :ohdear:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

andromache posted:

poo poo I think I became a director about the same time

little weaselior had higher hopes for adult weaselior than that :smith:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

evilweasel posted:

poo poo I think I became a director about the same time

little weaselior had higher hopes for adult weaselior than that :smith:

You, Aryth and Innominate were all promoted in late 2010. Congrats on being the longest serving active director.

I got picked up in late 2011.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

I've been an alliance CEO for 9 years this summer.

gently caress.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rutibex posted:

You can tell us you're just kidding anytime now. For as long as you have been on SA I'd assume you wouldn't stoop to this type of trolling

The mumble thing gave you away. But you did generate a ton of posts so good work? I guess?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

In unrelated news, apparently they're going to take heavy drones away from the VNI. That is seriously gonna gently caress a lot of people up. That's hilarious.

TorsvikVonClemson
Jun 17, 2019

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

June Seventeenth, Twenty nineteen

I know about the 90 day wait if that's what you're bringing up and I have no problem with waiting. If I had a problem with waiting I wouldn't be playing EVE in the first place. I just don't want to wait out the 90 day period as a weirdo lurker so I'm tryin to put myself out there a bit. I'm actually kicking myself a bit because was interested in getting a SA account over a decade ago but I'm a fuccwit and thought the $10 was subscription based. Right now I'm just looking for an organization that won't prevent me from joining the Goonwaffe in the future while I wait out the 90 day period.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Rutibex posted:

I have not been on a fleet in a calendar year. The thing that has happened and "on my rear end about metrics" are not really similar things lmao

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

TorsvikVonClemson posted:

I just don't want to wait out the 90 day period as a weirdo lurker so I'm tryin to put myself out there a bit.

your post history indicates that is a lie

TorsvikVonClemson
Jun 17, 2019

Kimsemus posted:

your post history indicates that is a lie

Aww, I'm trying. Still looking for a good thread I can settle in and be a regular poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masteen
Nov 23, 2010

Rutibex posted:

... goonwaffe... metrics...
What in the actual gently caress? Did something happen where we are no longer the bloated fetid exemplar of what not to do in Internet Spaceships?