Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Peanut Butler posted:

I know people who fled Ohio to come live in Kansas City

Kansas City!

I hope they've enjoyed our recent 14-month road construction season and thousands of potholes due to an exceptionally robust freeze-thaw cycle the past winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Peanut Butler posted:

whoa he acknowledged the existence of KCK, that's fuckin rare

apologies for the timestamp. I went looking for the clip and just couldn't ignore INDEPENDENCE FOR QUEBEC!!!

but the hunt started with "both kansas cities!" :hai:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Pohl posted:

The moon is the same as Mars you fool.
:hmmyes:

The moon is a part of mars

Radirot posted:

how the gently caress is the netherlands still on a map?

the whole country is basically a giant Rube Goldberg machine of dams and pumps and flood barriers built over the course of a thousand years

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I learned that last week in Indianapolis a branch of my old job (Alro Steel) was hit by a tornado. That should could have been bad if it was anything stronger than an EF1. Imagine a steel distribution center except that metal is flying.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

twoday posted:

Looks like next week the average temperature in Flanders will be 12 degrees hotter than average for this time of year, so like 40+ (100f)?

Going for all time record highs, like last year

Lol I'm in portugal where it's a sunny 25 Celsius and everyone's going "what the hell it should be 10 degrees warmer this summer sucks." While a cold front sits on top of us.Can't wait for August/september and the country catches on fire, again.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
stupid sultry flanders

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

RC Cola posted:

I learned that last week in Indianapolis a branch of my old job (Alro Steel) was hit by a tornado. That should could have been bad if it was anything stronger than an EF1. Imagine a steel distribution center except that metal is flying.

well that's one way to distribute the steel

twoday
May 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

stupid sultry flanders

twoday posted:

stupid sweltry Flanders

twoday
May 4, 2005

EUROPE IS SET to feel the heat as a sizzling heatwave is expected to bring temperatures as high as 40 degrees Celsius to parts of the continent next week. Forecasters say a wave of hot air coming from the Maghreb in north Africa and Spain will push temperatures up from this weekend, before hitting a peak in the middle of the week.

Spain’s meteorological agency Aemet issued a “yellow alert” for severe weather on Sunday, and says it expects to see a “hotter than usual” summer like last year.

In Germany, forecasters are predicting temperatures of up to 37 degrees Celsius on Tuesday and 38 degrees on Wednesday, with similar heat also expected in Belgium and Switzerland.

Meanwhile, the British Met Office said it was particularly concerned that the heatwave could trigger “violent storms” and warned Britons to expect “hot, humid and unstable” weather.

Greece will be one of the countries most affected by the heatwave, with temperatures hitting as high as 39 degrees Celsius this weekend.

And in France, meteorologist Francois Gourand said the heatwave is “unprecedented for the month of June” and will no doubt beat previous heat records. It will recall the summer of 2003, when the country suffered an intense heatwave that led to the deaths of nearly 15,000 mostly elderly people. Starting on Tuesday, France will see temperatures from 35 to 40 degrees Celsius, which will remain high at night offering little respite from the heat. “Since 1947, only the heatwave of 18 to 28 June, 2005, was as intense,” said Meteo France, adding the scorching weather would probably last a minimum of six days.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fucks sake. Ireland is getting the temperature but still raining. It will be like Florida basically :argh:

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

twoday posted:

Looks like next week the average temperature in Flanders will be 12 degrees hotter than average for this time of year, so like 40+ (100f)?

What's the deal with the cold spots on the north african coast?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ayin posted:

it's not necessarily cold it's just deviation from norm and that one spot is Benghazi so maybe it's vilerat's ghost haunting the dataset

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the delta works are a cool project imo

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
im assuming that all the european posters are dead or that the heatwave has destroyed their internet infrastructure

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Ayin posted:

Haunted

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Ayin posted:

All the hot air lives in Europe now

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1144355658277564433?s=19

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

rip bolsonaro

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Socks4Hands posted:

im assuming that all the european posters are dead or that the heatwave has destroyed their internet infrastructure

No, some of us are still alive.havent heard back from France or Germany so they might be goners.its probably for the best.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

No, some of us are still alive.havent heard back from France or Germany so they might be goners.its probably for the best.

the existence of the picard vinyard in star trek pretty much makes it canon that the english repopulate continental europe or at least france after some great calamity

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Addamere posted:

the existence of the picard vinyard in star trek pretty much makes it canon that the english repopulate continental europe or at least france after some great calamity

Isn't his first name jean?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gum posted:

Isn't his first name jean?

Jean-Luc, yes. At some point the most English man in the world was born in France, and this can only be explained in so many ways.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ITS JUST A TV SHOW. GOD

twoday
May 4, 2005

That episode gives me hope that I can still live a chance to love as an ignorant drunken peasant in 50 years

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

My posts!!! Nooo...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
id say they probably shouldnt have used the self igniting kind

twoday
May 4, 2005

It doesn't normally self-ignite, it was just so hot that it spontaneously burst into flame

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

twoday posted:

you know a temperature graph is good when they run out of visible spectrum to show how hot it is

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

44 celsius in southern france loving piss :psyduck:

twoday
May 4, 2005

:actually:

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1144610577332887552?s=20

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/stefandevries/status/1144517728121872384?s=20

https://twitter.com/GreenpeaceUK/status/1144556009538629633?s=20

https://twitter.com/ExtinctionR/status/1144557834811695105?s=20

Canicule is French for heatwave:

https://twitter.com/DijonDTR/status/1144574604628889607?s=20

https://twitter.com/bonnin_gabriel/status/1144609927354290177?s=20

https://twitter.com/JordiReverte/status/1144539911271460864?s=20

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

"'Ç'est fou cette canic-"

Obelix had a heatstroke before he could finish the phrase

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
It's too loving hot

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

so people are dying yes?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

twoday posted:

That episode gives me hope that I can still live a chance to love as an ignorant drunken peasant in 50 years

this is my dream

gimme a plow and a plan and people to be friends with while drinking beer in the late afternoon

im easy

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Please dear global warming. Kill all of the boomers. Love RC Cola.

twoday
May 4, 2005

zegermans posted:

so people are dying yes?

We're all dying, zegermans

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Negrostrike posted:

"'Ç'est fou cette canic-"

Obelix had a heatstroke before he could finish the phrase