Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I mean, yes, it's just a possibility that they'll add in a bunch more champs and various skin configurations, and there's nothing to say that they'll use everything. On the other hand, the current roster is missing a lot of really easily identifiable and popular champs, so there's some obvious additions to the roster before they even touch on skin variations of champs.

Spoilers usually lend a bit of context to the posts too, you know, or did you gloss over that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
there's literally a post that explains the strat around champions and skins

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/06/dev-design-pillars-of-teamfight-tactics/

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ha ha, did you guys hear about this stupid situation where riot games, the dumb company of bozos, have mishandled their new "game"

finally riot GAMES, plural, ha ha. what a lampoon. these idiots. these utter buffoons. these fools.

anyway i am working on league auto go, which is based on an older and more complex game than chess, a game that is not solved and is for true intellectuals. i am making a simpler game for idiots called auto shogi, but that also is a game for if you are smart. riot is going to make auto checkers because they're so dumb. it will have 300 champions.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
As for TFT itself: it's... fun!! Just got my first victory

My basic winning strategy was: stay open to building whatever the game gives you a shitload of early, then load your two-star carry with a bunch of items. I ended up gunslingers, sort of, but it was really just Graves with RFC + Zekes + Hush and a bunch of ranged units standing around him going absolutely nuts.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
You can definitely tell it's early in balance, some of the early units are absurd (Darius, Garen) and others are almost completely useless (Morde, Fiora).

edit: the blitz pages about it are cool, Fiora has the second-lowest dps in the game lmao https://blitz.gg/tft/champions/overview

edit edit: she also has the lowest HP what the gently caress???

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jun 23, 2019

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm surprised the higher tiers of heroes don't have fancy skins to get more exposure for people to consider buying them.

they're not doing this because they want to use different skins as whole new champions

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I've been getting random disconnects ever since TFT launched and I'm not in the Test server so I think the Riot servers overall are dying atm.

Had to cop a loss because the game simply kicked me off the server for good.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I mean all jokes aside, this is basically their game 2.

It's pretty fun provided you're willing to wait through the horrible login times.

Orv
May 4, 2011
But how can it be their game 2 if they didn't make it fi- oh.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Orv posted:

But how can it be their game 2 if they didn't make it fi- oh.

lol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/us-government-blocks-league-in-syria-and-iran

quote:

US government blocks League of Legends in Syria and Iran amid escalating tensions
Players are unable to access the game until further notice.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

That'll show em

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Classic USA thinking they need to 1v9

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

TFTChat: Fiora/Elise/Graves are trashchamps, but Graves and Fiora can soooort of overcome this if you get them to 3 stars based on gunslinger and noble being actually good. Elise is the worst champion in the game, has no good synergies, and basically needs to be entirely removed or redone.

There's literally more demons than anything else in the game but demon is probably one of the worst synergies. It's weird.

Attack speed is basically the god stat, not sure how they fix that unless they decouple mana regen from it.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

mistaya posted:

TFTChat: Fiora/Elise/Graves are trashchamps, but Graves and Fiora can soooort of overcome this if you get them to 3 stars based on gunslinger and noble being actually good. Elise is the worst champion in the game, has no good synergies, and basically needs to be entirely removed or redone.

There's literally more demons than anything else in the game but demon is probably one of the worst synergies. It's weird.

Attack speed is basically the god stat, not sure how they fix that unless they decouple mana regen from it.

Mostly agree with this. The meta seems to mostly revolve around getting a Rage Blade onto a carry and building synergy around that. Spear of Shojin is a super high tier item too, depending ont he champs you get. Aurelion Sol is really good due to his ult and two synergies pairing super well with those items. Also assassin comps are pretty much hard countered by Phantom Dancer to the point that I'm pretty sure it's bugged.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

mistaya posted:

The demon synergy itself seemed fine to me, but it’s difficult to put together and has some units that are absolute trash. Eve’s spell seems actively bad for her. Varus’s spell windup takes ages.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ok i won a game of TFT, I give up now

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

ok i won a game of TFT, I give up now

What’d you build

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

kingcobweb posted:

What’d you build

garen with spear, rageblade, and divine, sej, leona, vayne, lucian, fiora, and kindred.

got lucky early and fiora and garen ended up being lvl 3 pretty quickly.

never could get a drat Kayle but it didn't matter in the end.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Garen is good and pretty much any three star unit with three items is ridiculous

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

TFT chat: Garen is shockingly good, I've had teams where I left a 3 star Garen on my team with no items even though I had no other nobles because Garen is just that good.

The item balance is kinda whacky right now because attack speed > everything else. There's no build where it isn't good, even full sorc builds want it because you need speed to kickstart your first cast so your spear of shojin kicks in, though tear items can also help with that. They've done some nerf passes on it already but it's probably not enough.

I've played 40-50 games so I can give a pretty solid overview of what's decent if anyone cares.

Top Tier: These will win you games reliably.

Protect the Carry comps: Stick a rageblade on any ranged champion and build to buff them.
Works with: Ranger/Noble, Ranger/Glacial, Wild/Glacial, Yordle/Gunslinger, Noble/Gunslinger (etc etc.) Add Guardian to all of these whenever you can get them, except in case of 6x Nobles.
Strats: Stay as low level as you can early on, taking early losses and rerolling frequently to get more copies of your Vayne/Nidalee/Tristana or whatever is worth it, especially since you can get more recurve bows off the carosel that way. Ideally you want like, Rageblade+Rapidfire cannon +BT or IE, but as long as you get the rageblade onto a rank 3 by mid game you're golden. This is the only comp with lots of variations on it which is why it's being built so frequently, it's the only reliable comp in the game right now.

A-sol comps: Stick a spear of shojin on Aurelion Sol and watch poo poo melt.
Works with: Dragon/anything.
Strats: Build some beefwalls to protect your railgun dragon. Get a shyvana and he's immune to magic damage. Seriously it's stupid.

Mid-Card: These will win you games regularly, but are very RNG dependant.

Noblesse Oblige comps: Get 6 nobles. Sit back and GG.
Works with: Duh. Get some Guardians or Knights to go with if you make it that far.
Strats: This is exceptionally hard to put together and you will barely ever manage it but when you do it's pretty hilarious.

Yordles Dodge Everything comps: Get 6 yordles and flip a loving coin.
Works with: YORDLES.
Strats: Same as Nobles but actually worse because the Yordle comp does not come online until much later in the game (nobles 3 is possible in map 1-2, Yordle 3 isn't available until 3$ champs show up for you.) Yordle buff is not great at 3 but at 6 becomes like, the most stupid of RNG. Unless the enemy has a rapidfire cannon in which case lol. Oh wait, the most popular comp builds those. WELP.

Elementalist Hell comps: Elementalist 3 gives you a Daisy summon with a frankly stupid amount of HP to waste the enemy's time.
Works with: Elementalist/Glacial is the best IMO but works with most others surprisingly well.
Strats: Most elementalists who are not lissandra are 3-5$ champions so this will take a while to come online but when it does it's absolutely gross. Kennen is extremely good and a key member, make sure not to break his ninja bonus. Brand and Anivia are flat busted good and can be played at 1* even late game if it will get you the daisy. Does semi-rely on getting kennens early. It's a later game comp you transition into from early Glacial mainly, so RNG may make it impossible. Weak to A-sol builds as Daisy will just get aoe'd down like everyone else.

Icey Bros Stunlock Comp: 6x Glacial, permastun everything until it dies.
Works with: Glacial obviously but throw in Nobles, Rangers, Guardians, Brawlers, Void, Assassins, Phantoms...
Variant: Can also do 4x Glacial + any of those in higher amounts.
Strats: Volibear, Ashe, and Sejuani are your star players in this comp and who you wanna put items on, which makes it very difficult since all of those are mid/late game champions. Anivia is super good and the Glacial/Elementalist combine is very good and scary. This build can actually give Protect the Carry a solid run for its money, especially if you manage to get lucky and end up permastunning their vayne to death early. It's just much harder to put together and they've already thrown nerfs at it. I expect this to be the most reliable counter-carry build as it DOES have variants you can build around unlike a lot of other comps.

Healthy Assassins of Balanced Plays comps: 3x or 6x assassins.
Works With: Void, Wild, Glacial, Guardians. Don't bother with 4 Ninjas, just pick the Ninja you like best.
Strats: Basically put stabby items on them and pray they murder the right dudes. You can manipulate their jump with proper placement. This is not a reliable comp, sometimes they will crush everything and sometimes they will just all get instagibbed. Sorta like SR...

Don't Bother Bro Tier:
PIRATES SUCK DON'T DO PIRATES BRO. MF is super good in gunslingers or even just, like, by herself though.
Demons suck.
Blademasters sorta suck but mostly because Fiora is bad.
Shapeshifters sorta suck as a class but mostly because Elise is bad. Bonus is very nice if you are doing a Wild Protect the Carry with Nidalee, but that's about it. Shyvana really only exists to buff Asol. Basically it has several good units but they don't work well together.
Knights are good as a 2 pack early but fall off quickly, don't bother with maintaining the bonus unless it's just on units you already have a lot of.

Not enough mans to build a comp around but good:
Brawlers, Phantoms, and Guardians are extremely powerful and good additions to most comps at 2 units.
Knights and Nobles 3 are strong early and quickly fall off, don't feel bad about replacing them.
Sorcerers and Void are decent 3 units, Void pairs especially well with Assassin.
Honorable mention to Kayle and MF whose ults are both good enough to slot a 1* version of them onto a team that has 0 synergies with them and they may just straight up win you the game anyways.
E: I forgot Imperials! They're all solid units but have very little synergy with each other, if you happen to have a Darius it's great to get Draven though. Or even if you don't. Draven is super good even with no synergy bonus at all and if you happen to get some late items he's well worth dumping them on.

Ok I guess thats enough :words: about dumb chess game.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 24, 2019

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The part I'm stuck on with Glacial -> Elementalist is how you're supposed to start off the composition early game. Just lose streak and go to 50hp with a ton of gold?

edit: this is important for the glacial comp

https://twitter.com/RiotAugust/status/1141852390791888896

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jun 24, 2019

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
So, I won again.

TFT is fun but it feels like it's going to be solved relatively quickly.

My read is basically this:

I'll echo what everyone is saying about Garen, and it's true about Darius and Morde as well. They are all picks you can keep on your side the whole game.

Glacial/Rangers is completely broken. It seems like it's by far the most reliable comp. It's fairly easy to get at least 2 glacials and 4 rangers and win. Ashe with attack speed and a kindred next to her is completely broken. Try rageblade/shojins ashe with 2 glacials and watch the enemy melt and not be able to move at all. I won my second game doing this and didn't have any 3 star units, just a bunch of 2s with synergy. Also, put a frozen heart on Sej if you can.

Nobles are great, even if you can't get to 6. Glacial/nobles is also very good.

There are a few champs that work in every comp. Kindred is probably good everywhere, and combined with morde for phantasm is completely broken. ASol is worth getting just to take away from other people, even if you're not using him.

Demon is trash, assassins might work but i think it would be hard to get a win with it 's just too easy to position around. Elise is complete dogshit.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 24, 2019

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
The only good thing about Elise, is if you win while her spiders are up, you deal more damage since there's more units on the board.

Fiora is goddamned horrible though. Even if you stack her thinking her immunity move will keep her alive, her ult attack speed is so slow that it's a liability on her.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Buckwheat Sings posted:

The only good thing about Elise, is if you win while her spiders are up, you deal more damage since there's more units on the board.

Fiora is goddamned horrible though. Even if you stack her thinking her immunity move will keep her alive, her ult attack speed is so slow that it's a liability on her.

Fiora is literally only good because she's a noble.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Re: How to get elementalist going basically you need to RNG into some early Lissandra/Braum and you can either go Knights (Dario/Morde/Garen) or Wild (Warwick/Ahri/Nidalee) to cover your poo poo until Kennen starts showing up. Shen and Kassadin are good stalls until you can get it up and running too. You'll definitely lose some rounds but you shouldn't get completely dunked on unless you get really bad item RNG.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m gonna probably really like TFT cause when I lose I can blame RNG instead of my poo poo playing (and the ADC).

Malah
May 18, 2015

I miss old Nidalee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHoJw5vrYSA

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Streaming tft https://www.twitch.tv/kingcobweb

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I think I crashed TFT by not understanding pirates

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I won two games of TFT and I have literally no idea what I was doing. Garen and Darius stacking early and just go with whatever the RNG gods give you the most of mid game and start praying

It's still fun and addicting as hell, I've played more since the beta started than I have regular LoL in the last 3 years

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

curiousCat posted:

I think I crashed TFT by not understanding pirates

All I know is sometimes you get a fish that's worth 0 and it feels pretty stinky since pirates suck anyways.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I think Elise is going to be strong with the buffs to her. She was already underrated as being a bad champ. She sucks a bit on her own, but the Shapeshifter bonus is strong and a Shapeshifter/Dragon team is pretty crazy, even if ASol isn't geared out to be doing the carrying. I won a game with a hard focus on shapeshifters just from having superior numbers after they all shifted. In most fights, 1-2 shapeshifters died before they could shift, but Nida/Elise/Gnar/Shyv are all very strong after the shapeshift if you have the bonus, so just two shifting was generally enough to clean up the board

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Buckwheat Sings posted:

All I know is sometimes you get a fish that's worth 0 and it feels pretty stinky since pirates suck anyways.

I didn't know how to get gold and I was like
?????
what is this big chest
and my ally told me to pick it up
and I think it had too much gold and the game crashed

we were top 2 :'c

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Make a separate thread or at least post spam Hearthstone stuff into WoW thread to keep it consistent.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Midig posted:

Make a separate thread or at least post spam Hearthstone stuff into WoW thread to keep it consistent.

Make a separate thread for complaining about your silver teammates

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

glacial seems too strong right now, and could use either a cooldown or diminishing returns on the chess level. have not played since the patch and tentatively looking forward to running some pirate/gunslinger comp

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

As long as it's in the league client it's a gamemode

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Midig posted:

When curious cat said "get gold" they didnt mean ranking up. No need to get so grumpy you'll make it soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

making a thread for the new game mode would cause both threads to just end up slower and shittier for it. if you dont like the autochesschat come back in loke a week when the hype has died down.