Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anybody have DX9's Gewalt or Chigurh? Are they any good? They're back up for preorder at TFsource (and Showz.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Rhyno posted:

Galvatron is hard because FT is the best but still flawed.

you're crazy, that figure is fuckin perfect

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Nodosaur posted:

Most of my holy grails are things neither Takara, Hasbro, or 3rd parties seem eager to make

I would love to see an MP-sized Classics Prime, a honkin' big Raiden, Armada Overload, and an updated BWII Starscream

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Didn't somebody do third-party Dinoforce? With the dino shells?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Dawgstar posted:

Didn't somebody do third-party Dinoforce? With the dino shells?

Yeah I posted about them a while ago when I mistook the shells for being the original ones, they're pretty huge

Honestly I'm still kinda surprised the Dinoforce never got brought over to the US in some form or another, especially after Jurassic Park made dinosaurs super popular again

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

GD_American posted:

I would love to see an MP-sized Classics Prime, a honkin' big Raiden, Armada Overload, and an updated BWII Starscream

Zeta is doing an MP Raiden, named Moonwalker, they showed it at TFCon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sba posted:

you're crazy, that figure is fuckin perfect

Alt mode looks wonky to me.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Alt mode looks wonky to me.

Galvatron's alt mode is wonky. It's a robot doing a pushup with a cannon growing out of his head.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

The Fans Hobby one is mediocre at best. At the very least I need one that doesn't put the core robot's feet behind the super robot's head. poo poo looks terrible.
Hm, yes, but what if it was the same thing but with a less-popular character?

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/06/19/fans-hobby-thunderclash-gray-prototype-images-389914

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

Toyworld is/was also doing their own but it's not actually announced yet, there's just proto of it in the background of some of the development pictures of their actually announced upcoming items

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

Hm, yes, but what if it was the same thing but with a less-popular character?

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/06/19/fans-hobby-thunderclash-gray-prototype-images-389914

Wow, that is almost impressively bad. Without the Thunderclash emblem on the chest I would have no idea what that was supposed to be.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Series 2 bot bots are starting to show up in the UK, I grabbed a couple individual ones in an Entertainer yesterday. They only had series 1 5packs though.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
MMC Springer is neat. Very straight forward transformation and he's a pretty big chunky boy for the Oculus Max line.

Keldroc posted:

oh gently caress

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

It's an SDCC exclusive. If you're not already in line your odds are slim.

The "SDCC Exclusive" deco of Fort Max ended up at import retail for normal RRP here in the U.K.

Phy posted:

Anybody have DX9's Gewalt or Chigurh? Are they any good? They're back up for preorder at TFsource (and Showz.)

I own and love Chigurh. Shuttle mode is kind of stubby and there's a single partsforming panel with the rear of the train/shuttle booster/top of his torso but robot and train mode are both excellent.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

History Comes Inside! posted:

The "SDCC Exclusive" deco of Fort Max ended up at import retail for normal RRP here in the U.K.

I think I ended getting one for £50?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I'm seeking some advice. Personal issues in my life are making me financially strapped at a time when I CANNOT be, so I'm thinking of selling a lot of my toys that are basically in a storage bin in an attic anyways. What do you guys recommend for the best strategy in doing that? Most of the ones I'm considering selling aren't opened, they've just been put in boxes while I've moved from place to place. So I'm sure those boxes have taken some hits, but nothing catastrophic. I have to inventory and assess, I know that, the rest I'm unsure about.

The ones I'm referring to are the original Toys R Us re-issues of the G1, some of the old Classics (think Bumblebee with the skidoo attachment era), and perhaps some Animated toys. Other than just taking stock of what I have, what would be the best route to price, sell etc...

Thanks guys, life sucks.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Comfortador posted:

I'm seeking some advice. Personal issues in my life are making me financially strapped at a time when I CANNOT be, so I'm thinking of selling a lot of my toys that are basically in a storage bin in an attic anyways. What do you guys recommend for the best strategy in doing that? Most of the ones I'm considering selling aren't opened, they've just been put in boxes while I've moved from place to place. So I'm sure those boxes have taken some hits, but nothing catastrophic. I have to inventory and assess, I know that, the rest I'm unsure about.

The ones I'm referring to are the original Toys R Us re-issues of the G1, some of the old Classics (think Bumblebee with the skidoo attachment era), and perhaps some Animated toys. Other than just taking stock of what I have, what would be the best route to price, sell etc...

Thanks guys, life sucks.

Sell them on eBay, Facebook, SA Mart, ask the local hobby or comic shop - it’s a bit of work to liquidate your collections. If you take pictures people will buy them here :f5:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you need to get rid of them quick, look for the low end of the average prices for SOLD listings on ebay(it's a search option) and aim for a tiny bit under that. Or offer free shipping but go for a little bit under the general price + shipping totals for those items on ebay. Sealed transformers tend to go relatively quickly for older stuff, especially at a cheaper price than most other listings.

If they are sealed in the box and in good condition without any blemishes you need to have in the photo or something, you can cut down on work a good bit by googling stock photos of the in-box sets and set it to high resolution results, then just repost them into your listing's gallery.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

strangehamster posted:

Sell them on eBay, Facebook, SA Mart, ask the local hobby or comic shop - it’s a bit of work to liquidate your collections. If you take pictures people will buy them here :f5:
Heck, just throw up a list here and you'll get some bites at least.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Captain Invictus posted:

If you need to get rid of them quick, look for the low end of the average prices for SOLD listings on ebay(it's a search option) and aim for a tiny bit under that. Or offer free shipping but go for a little bit under the general price + shipping totals for those items on ebay. Sealed transformers tend to go relatively quickly for older stuff, especially at a cheaper price than most other listings.

If they are sealed in the box and in good condition without any blemishes you need to have in the photo or something, you can cut down on work a good bit by googling stock photos of the in-box sets and set it to high resolution results, then just repost them into your listing's gallery.

It doesn't need to be a hurry. I'll start the catalog process and the picture process and go from there. I'm not a fan of ebay, but desperate times...

thanks all of you btw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ebay despite its flaws is still an extremely effective method of offloading nerd poo poo for maximum gain. The fees can pile up if you sell a ton of stuff and forget to pay them, so keep that in the back of your mind if you male hundreds or thousands of dollars in sales, you'll be paying a solid 10% of that in fees at least.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How do you forget to pay them? You have to have a Paypal account and they automatically bill you for those owed fees.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rhyno posted:

How do you forget to pay them? You have to have a Paypal account and they automatically bill you for those owed fees.

You withdraw everything from your account and spend it on more robots and then oh poo poo they ding you for it when you're between paycheques, and of course you don't have any savings to fall back on because you're a grown adult buying children's toys what could you possibly know about sensible financial planning.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, I guess. But they just pull from your bank account which puts you further into the red.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Look guys I don’t think we need to start talking about finances in the toy collection thread; the only logical conclusion is we all freak out about the jacuzzi(s) we could have bought ourselves by now if not for the sweet sweet high of toyformers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Once a month. If you're dumping a lot of stuff all at once and make a lot of sales specifically to cover some other expenses and then ebay comes knocking with an invoice for a couple hundred bucks, it might catch someone who doesn't use ebay much by surprise.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the new Battle Master (repaint of Blowpipe) in the Sideswipe and Slamdance two pack is named Trenchfoot.

What the gently caress Hasbro

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

War (for cybertron) is hell.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

War (for cybertron) is hell.

It's War For Cybertron: Siege, not War For Cybertron: A Cushy Air Force Base On Paradron

e:

Phy posted:

Otherwise, I think I'm pretty close to tapped out on MP/3Ps I actually want, rather than would be getting for completeness' sake.

Literally three hours later

Phy posted:

And now I've preordered both. gently caress my brain.

Phy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 21, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I put together a mostly seasonal display all along the bottom row of the detolfs composed of CHUGs and man, I don't like how crowded it needs to be to fit them all. Now I have to tear it all apart again.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Ollie’s must be saving up those 50 buck Trypticons for store openings, because a new one just opened in Tuscaloosa and they had a pallet of em

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Got the TF Legends Big Powered. Roadfire is a neat retool of the Twin Twist/Topspin mold, Sonic Bomber is Misfire and Dai Atlas is leader Sky Shadow/Overlord except he can't split into two things and he has outrageously hollow legs but he's rad.

I definitely prefer the smaller two , but Dai Atlas isn't bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EthanSteele posted:

Got the TF Legends Big Powered. Roadfire is a neat retool of the Twin Twist/Topspin mold, Sonic Bomber is Misfire and Dai Atlas is leader Sky Shadow/Overlord except he can't split into two things and he has outrageously hollow legs but he's rad.

I definitely prefer the smaller two , but Dai Atlas isn't bad.

I believe there are two different leg filler kits available.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Dang there is! Thanks for the heads up!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Phy posted:

And now I've preordered both. gently caress my brain.

I strongly recommend not doing that. They're both pretty subpar figures. I realize Astrotrain and Blitzwing lack options in this space but don't waste your money.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gewalt isn't the worst. But the FT one is on the horizon so it's worth waiting to compare them.

For how down I am on some FT releases, at least they're correcting some missteps. Hoodlum is getting a new release that fixes the chipping problem.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Cover of Ghostbusters vs Transformers 2 and I see Hound, Ironhide, Thrust, ghost Astrotrain and I *think* maybe that custom Optimus Prime in white to the right of the cover with the axe?

https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/1142522668287238144

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought we already saw that exact teaser months ago and that's what started the whole "oh poo poo there's a GB deco prime coming" train?

Edit: back in February

Knormal posted:

So they released some of the Ghostbusters crossover comic covers. Check out what's on the right border.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 22, 2019

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin
This is kind of a long shot, but does anyone know of some 3D printer files for the little pilot figure that comes with the Masterpiece Seekers? One of mine is missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

the guy from Semisonic posted:

This is kind of a long shot, but does anyone know of some 3D printer files for the little pilot figure that comes with the Masterpiece Seekers? One of mine is missing.

do you live in the continental us because i think i still have one and i'll just mail it to you.