Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

mastajake posted:

Anyone have good missions/grinding locations for the different Viridian unlock requirements?

Go Rogue and do the Manticore Task Force. Will set you up as far as Paragon Protector defeats for the Infiltrator Badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
If you’re new enough that you don’t know where you’re going to get INF for IOs, please don’t follow advice to start crafting them. Just buy them straight off the AH for like half the cost of making them yourself. If you’re going to have a dozen alts someday all with IOs, sure, make a crafter. Just, you know, do it after you have an actual source of income.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I ride bikes all day posted:

If you’re new enough that you don’t know where you’re going to get INF for IOs, please don’t follow advice to start crafting them. Just buy them straight off the AH for like half the cost of making them yourself. If you’re going to have a dozen alts someday all with IOs, sure, make a crafter. Just, you know, do it after you have an actual source of income.

anything that gets to level 27 gets IOs. it would be insane to keep going with SOs after that point. also which IOs sell for cheaper than their constituent parts?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I snagged the name "Spooky Kabuki" and I don't know what to do with it.

Katana/Dark scrapper would be fine but boring.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

If you don't have an alternate costume as "Old Man Johnson" where it's the rest of the costume but just some normal old man's head or some other kinda Scooby Doo poo poo, you're wasting that name.

And it should be an illusion/storm summoning controller where everything comes from a portable fog machine and light effects.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Ironslave posted:

Go Rogue and do the Manticore Task Force. Will set you up as far as Paragon Protector defeats for the Infiltrator Badge.

Thanks! Anyone have suggestions for the other ones?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

Dark anything and lean into the kabuki with the costume. I saw an illusion/dark doing something similar recently and that seems appropriate and a fun combo. Paint the illusion pets as ghosts.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nonexistence posted:

Dark anything and lean into the kabuki with the costume. I saw an illusion/dark doing something similar recently and that seems appropriate and a fun combo. Paint the illusion pets as ghosts.

I got a costume going but it's not super great.
There aren't any big, big robes or hair styles that match well.

Maybe I'll try a female model.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I ride bikes all day posted:

I disagree, the AH tends be profitable for the most common level 25 IOs. It's worth taking the time to compare.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
One of the more disorienting things to come back to was finding out that Barb Swipe, the lowest damage Spines attack, no longer takes forever to animate as your character flails at the enemy. I never took it on my old Spines/Regen Scrapper for that reason, but nowadays Barb Swipe animates fast and actually has better damage per animation time than Lunge.

I mean, there's so much new poo poo (including stuff that came out near the end of the game's life) I never tried before, I dunno why that particular change tripped me up so much. Honestly they might have changed that in some previous issue before the shutdown and I never noticed.

Are there any other attacks that used to be tripped up by overlong animations that are faster nowadays?

Edit: But Channelgun, the basic Crab Spider range attack, still takes almost twice as long to animate as the equivalent Wolf Spider Single Shot attack for the same damage/end cost. Better damage type I guess. Longfang, the equivalent to Burst, is much closer to its counterpart in animation time.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 23, 2019

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

mastajake posted:

Thanks! Anyone have suggestions for the other ones?

Get the Tracer badge. You get it by defeating Tsoo Sorcerers.
This is the hard part. Aside from one mission in the Silver Mantis SF, there's no real Tsoo focused SF or TF. The old school way was to patrol the warehouses on the far west side of Talos Island.

Also get the Tank Buster badge. You get it by defeating Freakshow bosses.
Penelope Yin's TF and the 2nd hero respec trial are all Freaks, all the time.

The Infiltrator badge, too. Fight those Paragon Protector clones of Crey's. In fact, make sure you've taken out at least 200 Crey in general. Manticore or maybe Numina's TF. They're rare in the wild but there's a few villain arcs in the 40-50 range that are Crey focused.

Yeah, and make sure you've taken out at least 200 Council agents.
There's the Council base in Sharkhead, Citadel's TF, Striga Isle, they're all over the place.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I want to make a beam rifle character. What's the most fun combination I can do with that? I'm open to any archetype that can use beam rifles.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Get the Tracer badge. You get it by defeating Tsoo Sorcerers.
This is the hard part. Aside from one mission in the Silver Mantis SF, there's no real Tsoo focused SF or TF. The old school way was to patrol the warehouses on the far west side of Talos Island.

Also get the Tank Buster badge. You get it by defeating Freakshow bosses.
Penelope Yin's TF and the 2nd hero respec trial are all Freaks, all the time.

The Infiltrator badge, too. Fight those Paragon Protector clones of Crey's. In fact, make sure you've taken out at least 200 Crey in general. Manticore or maybe Numina's TF. They're rare in the wild but there's a few villain arcs in the 40-50 range that are Crey focused.

Yeah, and make sure you've taken out at least 200 Council agents.
There's the Council base in Sharkhead, Citadel's TF, Striga Isle, they're all over the place.

Thanks. I made a lot of progress on the Tracer from some of the DA stuff I think.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I had a question about the Force Feedback +recharge proc - is it actually worth it? It's hard to tell how much recharge time it actually knocks off of long CD powers like Hasten and whatnot. +100% for 5 seconds sounds good but if it's only like 1 second overall then meh, there are better procs. I have 132% recharge with Hasten up fwiw.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Put it in an AoE. I run it in Buckshot 6 slotted 5 Positron's Blast/1 chance for Recharge. i track my recharge and I go from the 60s with haste off to mid 130s with haste, to 230 when it procs. The important thing is in an AoE it only has to proc once to give you the full effect of the bonus. Buckshot can hit up to 10 dudes, so its checking against each of them. When things are going full speed, I knock the 25 minute accolade powers down to about 8 minute cool down. issue i got is more its hard to keep things alive to keep firing buckshot.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Hakarne posted:

I had a question about the Force Feedback +recharge proc - is it actually worth it? It's hard to tell how much recharge time it actually knocks off of long CD powers like Hasten and whatnot. +100% for 5 seconds sounds good but if it's only like 1 second overall then meh, there are better procs. I have 132% recharge with Hasten up fwiw.

I have three of them in my TW/Fire brute. It procs all the time. I shouldn't have perma-hasten (off by about 15 seconds), but I do because of the procs. They don't stack as far as I know but multiple powers able to proc it means its up as often as possible.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There are loads of Tsoo sorcerers on the west side of Independence Port.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

What’s the trick to make characters as small as possible again?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Harrow posted:

I want to make a beam rifle character. What's the most fun combination I can do with that? I'm open to any archetype that can use beam rifles.
IMO Beam Rifle likes more passive secondaries so you can spend your time Disintegrating things and trying to spread that.
That said, try stuff out, see what you enjoy.

The most notable thing about it though is that Sentinel's get a slight difference of Beam than the others. They swap out the Snipe attack for a Chain AoE.

I've got a Beam/Bio Sentinel that I had fun with getting to 20 through DFB. I don't have the chain attack yet because Altitis :v: but Beam's pretty great on it's own.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

hup posted:

Export costume, go to costume folder in my documents, open in notepad, and scale goes down to -36, despite only going, from sliders in CC, down to -27 or something

Edit: then, obviously, you have to load the costume in the costume creator menu either at generation or one of the tailors

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 23, 2019

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Inzombiac posted:

I was going to make Sergeant Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. but it didn't fit into the name field so I didn't.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

hup posted:

Export the costume. Edit the costume file in your CoH/costume folder with notepad. you can set the scale as low as -33 for females. males cant go smaller. Huge can go up to +35. after editing, go to a surgeon and load your outfit. you should be the new size.

Screenshot of the new tinyest size. min slider had the head up at Ms Liberty's belt

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 24, 2019

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

FooF posted:

I have three of them in my TW/Fire brute. It procs all the time. I shouldn't have perma-hasten (off by about 15 seconds), but I do because of the procs. They don't stack as far as I know but multiple powers able to proc it means its up as often as possible.

Thanks I’m trying it on TW as well. What powers do you put it in? I threw mine in Arc and whirling because that's where they best fit in my build.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Bummer males can’t go smaller, because I snagged the name Microman and wanted to make him itty bitty. Thanks for the info, though! Good to know huge can be huger

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
It's too bad the game didn't survive to the Antman movie. We totally could have gotten a size-based power set.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Harrow posted:

I have a beam rifle/force field corrupter alt. While you don't get much out of ff for yourself, you don't need to buff others often and do in fact spend lots of time trying to get your disintegrate to work. In retrospect I wouldn't have minded trying a different secondary even if it meant being more active with it, because I would have liked more secondary abilities I can use while solo.

In my experience, getting disintegrate to spread is kinda tough, it won't work out half the time and a lot of the time your team is killing stuff fast enough that it won't matter. Your single target damage is still good so you're not entirely worthless.

Keep in mind this alt just hit 22, I have no idea how any of this will change at max level.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wanted to make a Thugs / Time MM and someone suggested "Wu-Time Clan".

So now I have that and I love it.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Inzombiac posted:

staff/dark is popular these days, and there's pretty good naginata models

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

LordSaturn posted:

also which IOs sell for cheaper than their constituent parts?

Apparently nothing, right now. I was getting them for basically the build cost + 10% or so a while ago. Maybe midweek vs weekend? I know the math on the crafting bill was roughly 1.7, and I managed to put it all together for 1.35 via AH. But looking at it right now, you're paying a 50% convenience charge on Damage, and a 200% gently caress you charge on Damage Resist, apparently.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I’ve bought level 30-35 IOs for half a dozen alts and I’m happy to pay a premium for the convenience of not having to buy the materials and craft them. Merits to converters make you so much inf that the cost isn’t even a consideration.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Some of that depends on which story arcs you're doing, though. There are some in there that absolutely need to be looked at for what they give. Just got done doing a huge arc but it only gave 6 merits because it was technically only a few missions (it did that thing where it went multiple missions between contacting the mission giver). Then there are some that give 20-something for the same effort.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I mean, I've been buying some low-level Inventions because they beat Training Enhancements and the extra cash beats the annoyance value of reslotting poo poo every five levels, and I usually get level 10s for 1000-1500 inf, and some of the weird ones like Jump and Run (gently caress you Hurdle is just sitting there open and it bugs me) I usually get for 1.

Seconding that Resist Damage is nuts overpriced right now tho.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Remora posted:

I mean, I've been buying some low-level Inventions because they beat Training Enhancements and the extra cash beats the annoyance value of reslotting poo poo every five levels, and I usually get level 10s for 1000-1500 inf, and some of the weird ones like Jump and Run (gently caress you Hurdle is just sitting there open and it bugs me) I usually get for 1.

Seconding that Resist Damage is nuts overpriced right now tho.

Fire brute farming fucks up the market.

Which is why I made a fire brute farmer and can throw around a couple mil like it ain't no thang.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm not sure my enthusiasm for it is as strong as the people who said I had to do it but here's my Freakshow who stole Crey black hole generator technology.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Finally a good excuse to neglect life for a bit.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Padawan posted:

Finally a good excuse to neglect life for a bit.

Hell yeah, same.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

winterwerefox posted:

Huge can go up to +35.

Huh, I didn't know that. Is there anything else that can be altered in file that can't be done in-game?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Okay got my fire/spines brute to 30 and poo poo just works now. I went from being a poo poo tier scrub to being able to grind +8 fire farm missions. That and figuring out how to make a bunch of IOs from auction house/invention table made everything good now.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Long drives with the kids lead to playing dumb songs from their parents youth leads to dumb gimmick characters.

I love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

It said right in the song she's changing her name from Kitty to Karen, can't even follow lore right 1/10