Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Solice Kirsk posted:

It has a third floor?!

Practically a crawlspace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I've never posted in this thread because the show isn't my cup of tea, but I'm bored and figured I'd jump in here and brag about how Roz is my first cousin and that on a visit with her one time I met all the cast members minus Kelsey Grammar.

It was a long while back but I clearly remember everyone being cool as gently caress. I particularly liked Jane and her hubby, they were mad personable in a very genuine way. There was a party at the highway 1 beach house they owned at the time and there was so much lobster, guys. So much. I kept eating it and couldn't even look at a lobster for years after that.

Also John Mahoney was a god among men. He had an amazing charisma and was also utterly hilarious. It's not hard at all to understand how he made it in a very crowded profession.

Strangely I don't remember much of anything about David Hyde Pierce, even though I think his was the strongest performance in the show. This was all during the leadup to a wedding and the wedding itself. So maybe everyone was just busy and I didn't have much face time with him in particular.

My cuz' also did quite a lot of voice work. Her voice is very unique and easy to recognize. Back when I watched tv instead of streaming everything a commercial would occassionally start talking to me in her voice and it was like a bolt from the sky every single time, lol.

She did some voice work in that movie which everyone thought was a total abortion, final fantasy: the spirits within. She knew I'm a nerd obviously and as a treat invited me to the premier. I was so drat star struck by the to-do and the red carpet and what was at the time some pretty dang good cgi that the badness of the movie didn't even phase me. I had a blast. And to this day, while it's not like I'll ever purposefully watch it again, that expensive dumpster fire of a movie still has at least one fan, in me.

Her husband is also a hoss and one hell of an artist, if I do say so myself. I'd like to link some of his stuff but won't, in the interest of not being too big of a loudmouth. The same reason I haven't used her real name in this post even though it's public knowledge. However, if you are an art person and are interested I highly recommend using a little google-fu to check out some of his gigantic oil canvases. He has both technique and vision. Proviso tho: once you find his name you'll need to put the word "artist" after it since there two more famous dudes than him with the same name.

Anyway, as much as I'd like to share more, I think I've already hit the border of the level of gossip that's reasonable for me to share. So in closing I will just say this about the real person behind Roz: she isn't at all like the sorta-skanky bad girl she so often was typecast as in the early days of her career up through that Frasier role and she never let the money and fame go to her head. Since my early childhood she has always been a caring, compassionate, and big-sisterly type person who takes care of those around her even as she has chased her own extremely challenging dream. I'd be significantly less proud and braggy if I was related to Kelsey himself, despite his massively greater star power.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Your cousin is incredibly hot and has the sexiest voice

That is all

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fraiser is pronounced exactly the same as brassiere (Frassiere)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
this show was the frist deep show i ever watched i use to lol everyday

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nathilus posted:

She did some voice work in that movie which everyone thought was a total abortion, final fantasy: the spirits within.
I somehow missed the voice cast announcements for that and was in the theatre when I realized Roz from Frasier was the badass girl in the squad :hellyeah:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nathilus posted:

I've never posted in this thread because the show isn't my cup of tea, but I'm bored and figured I'd jump in here and brag about how Roz is my first cousin and that on a visit with her one time I met all the cast members minus Kelsey Grammar.

It was a long while back but I clearly remember everyone being cool as gently caress. I particularly liked Jane and her hubby, they were mad personable in a very genuine way. There was a party at the highway 1 beach house they owned at the time and there was so much lobster, guys. So much. I kept eating it and couldn't even look at a lobster for years after that.

Also John Mahoney was a god among men. He had an amazing charisma and was also utterly hilarious. It's not hard at all to understand how he made it in a very crowded profession.

Strangely I don't remember much of anything about David Hyde Pierce, even though I think his was the strongest performance in the show. This was all during the leadup to a wedding and the wedding itself. So maybe everyone was just busy and I didn't have much face time with him in particular.

Scrambled eggs all over my face. What is a boy to do. Goodnight, everybody!

Great post, thanks for sharing!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Quote-Unquote posted:

Your cousin is incredibly hot and has the sexiest voice

That is all

LOL I get this whenever I brag about her. For the obvious reasons although i can sympathize, I'm hesitant to full heartedly agree.

To me, the most noteworthy things about her are her warm, vibrant personality and the nearly infinite love she has to give for her family, rather than those outward aspects that as an actress she has spent a lot of time money and determination to perfect.

But I'm not knocking you. I do sympathize.

FilthyImp posted:

I somehow missed the voice cast announcements for that and was in the theatre when I realized Roz from Frasier was the badass girl in the squad :hellyeah:

Heh heh. As badly as it got panned, that movie has at least this one thing to recommend it!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That whole slut shaming thing making her be pregnant really brings Frasier down to an A-.

Fuckin fight me.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

a sweet humblebrag

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That whole slut shaming thing making her be pregnant really brings Frasier down to an A-.

Fuckin fight me.

Fraiser being a massive douche brings it down to a c+ imo. I mean I know everyone loves it and it made a gazillion dollars but still. I just hate the character.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

a sweet humblebrag

I'm not just frontin' either. Everyone was legit cool and totally not stuck up at all. Kelsey himself had a very good relationship with everyone else on cast as well, so I was told. He just happened to not be there this specific time cuz he was off shooting somewhere.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 19, 2019

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

been rewatching frasier lately, it's amazing how every episode of 'the fraise' gets at least one solid lol from me

s-rank tv, shame about it being 90s as gently caress tho

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Remember when Frazier’s family was gonna let his girlfriend choke to death because she annoyed them? Lol

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

oldpainless posted:

Remember when Frazier’s family was gonna let his girlfriend choke to death because she annoyed them? Lol

That ep was on today! She sucked

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

oldpainless posted:

gently caress, we are bad people for liking this show :negative:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Nathilus posted:

Kelsey himself had a very good relationship with everyone else on cast as well, so I was told.

i always read that his personalty and narcotics additions led to quite a strain in his relations with his peers this is a nice counterpoint to hear

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

i always read that his personalty and narcotics additions led to quite a strain in his relations with his peers this is a nice counterpoint to hear

They could have been lying to me for political reasons. Obviously it wouldn't be good for anyone's career if it was widely known that the star and rest of the cast hated the poo poo out of each other. But if they were lying, they were very convincing. The wedding itself took place at Kelsey's estate and though he couldn't be there, his daughter was.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

immortalyawn posted:

Fraiser is pronounced exactly the same as brassiere (Frassiere)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPAl2LHoKic&t=27s

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Nathilus posted:

on a visit with her one time I met all the cast members minus Kelsey Grammar.

Was this after he crashed his Viper? I'm picturing this around the time of the episode Head Game, produced while he was in rehab. It's entirely Frasierless save for that opening bumper that was probably filmed in advance

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Was this after he crashed his Viper? I'm picturing this around the time of the episode Head Game, produced while he was in rehab. It's entirely Frasierless save for that opening bumper that was probably filmed in advance

Several years afterward, actually. The reason he couldn't be there was that he was off shooting a movie or something out of state.

Actors, particularly actors who work or have worked on the same shows, basically never talk extended poo poo about each other. They're all under the same threat of having their personal stuff dragged out into the spotlight, so they tend to be discrete. Therefore, unfortunately, I don't have any fun and crazy Kelsey stories to share.

I really have only ever been in possession of one piece of info that I was specifically asked not to share because it would have hit the tabloids immediately. It's now public knowledge and has been on wikipedia for years. I still won't say exactly what it is however, not because it was bad or criminal or anything, but because it was in regards to a deeply personal aspect of the individual's life and I just have no business blurting it out for minor kudos.

Sorry if this post is boring. But there's a line here between bragging and gossiping that I have to he wary of if I don't wanna be an rear end in a top hat to my cool cousin who's never done me anything but kindness.

Imagine that everyone in the world was interested in what kind of tampons your mom uses. Or those little unfortunate life circumstances that could make a good chapter in a life story, but which she might not want passed around the office. Now imagine that thousands of people have the job of ferreting that kinda info out. It's not pleasant. As much as it's only grist for the mill in the minds of most folks, that's your loving life and the lives of your friends and loved ones. I would never, ever want to be famous.

Anyway, despite the lack of any juicy details from the other side of the looking glass, I hope this post has shown a little bit of a glimpse of what it's like for people over there.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Can you say if it was it Down Periscope, The Pentagon Wars or Toy Story 2?

I do remember that there was a Kelsey Grammer sex tape, but it was deemed unsuitable for public consumption.

His earlier life was very sad when you read the circumstances of his multiple family member's deaths. I totally get how someone with those experiences would abuse substance to cope

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Nathilus posted:

Anyway, despite the lack of any juicy details from the other side of the looking glass, I hope this post has shown a little bit of a glimpse of what it's like for people over there.

it is pretty telling that one of the first thing that happens when you tell someone that you know a celebrity is they want the dirty on 'em

kinda sad that hearing stuff like john mahoney being rad irl ususally just makes people's eyes gloss over until they hear the good stuff

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Can you say if it was it Down Periscope, The Pentagon Wars or Toy Story 2?

I do remember that there was a Kelsey Grammer sex tape, but it was deemed unsuitable for public consumption.

His earlier life was very sad when you read the circumstances of his multiple family member's deaths. I totally get how someone with those experiences would abuse substance to cope

Sorry. It was 20ish years ago, I smoke weed, and I just flat out dont remember. The year of this get together was '99 so you could probably narrow it down that way tho.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Nathilus posted:

Sorry. It was 20ish years ago, I smoke weed, and I just flat out dont remember. The year of this get together was '99 so you could probably narrow it down that way tho.

No worries, I'm looking at his filmography and he was in way more stuff than I realized, those are just more or less the top three things I know him for outside of Frasier.

PS Very cool stuff ^^^^

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/sandman420/status/1142262582918541312

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Kelsey Grammer is also a hell of a lot of fun when he pops up in 30 Rock

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Someone make the NGF intro

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Kelsey Grammer is also a hell of a lot of fun when he pops up in 30 Rock

The Best Friends Gang wouldn't be the same without him.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pierce and Mahoney, in addition to the crew, would get extremely upset when Grammer showed up to the set drunk or high (or both).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There’s stories how Grammer would be on set high drunk but when they yelled action he became frasier perfectly and as soon as they yelled cut he was out of it again

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

oldpainless posted:

There’s stories how Grammer would be on set high drunk but when they yelled action he became frasier perfectly and as soon as they yelled cut he was out of it again

That was from an interview with one of the Cheers producers--Burrows, I think.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Timby posted:

Pierce and Mahoney, in addition to the crew, would get extremely upset when Grammer showed up to the set drunk or high (or both).

I literally cannot imagine mahoney gettin mad at anyone. He's super jovial.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Nathilus posted:

I literally cannot imagine mahoney gettin mad at anyone. He's super jovial.

Was. :smith:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

So was Kelsey showing up on set after a couple of pints with lunch sort of drunk, or was he showing up after having rum for breakfast kind of drunk?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
To be fair, he did acquire several cases of Chateau Haut Brion '61.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

:(

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

So was Kelsey showing up on set after a couple of pints with lunch sort of drunk, or was he showing up after having rum for breakfast kind of drunk?

The latter.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

and waffles powdered with cocaine

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

hey baby i hear the blues are calling

rum breakfast and waffles with cocaine

mercy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I think Martin says Lilith is worse than Maris because Lilith is worse for Frasier than Maris is for Niles.

Maris, (with all her 'quirks' and snobbery, pretension, and outright contempt for her husband), was at least good for Niles in so much as her money allowed him to be happy and Niles himself was blind to all her faults.

Lilith however, (with all her virtues of being a stone cold 'nasty woman'), was mean and cold as well, but her meanness and coldness actually hurt Frasier.