Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.heeltread.com/collections/best-sellers/products/keating-racing-lm2019

:thatsrad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

net work error posted:

The Glickenhaus car has to have full reconstruction to change a headlight it looks like.

e: Ok so there was damage to the front as well.

They're now convinced it's a radiator / something else in the front. Also getting some thoughts about serviceability there. Looks like the Glickenhaus is back out too.

Hindy speculating BMW angered the Racing Gods because it seems like every car off or blowing up is a BMW.

[edit] whoa the #1 911 is retired now too. This race is chewing cars up at a great rate this year.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shumagorath posted:

After last weekend this further confirms that Porsche drivers are undiagnosed psychopaths.

i've been saying this for years. porsche drivers are an order of magnitude worse than ferrari drivers and have been for a long while.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm sure the camera exaggerates it somewhat, but i can't imagine how annoying that flashing blue light in the windshield would be for 3 hours.

You would think they could have a more targeted light that didn't reflect off every part of the hood.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Talk about keeping your head on a swivel by Marciello. Noticed that it was a white flag not yellow and used that chance to pass.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Ha I knew I saw that one of the drivers was named Assmann http://www.ronja-racing.de/

She's one of the drivers of the all or mostly-female GTI teams.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Meanwhile, on the Subaru race stream,

Katsu-curry with cheese time.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The absolute legends have revived the foxtail.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't wait for some crazy super racears wearing "mann filter" throwback liveries in 30 years.

I love that livery.

razak
Apr 13, 2016

Ready for graphing
The Foxtail wags again!

They did an amazing job to get that rebuilt.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Powershift posted:

I can't wait for some crazy super racears wearing "mann filter" throwback liveries in 30 years.

I love that livery.

Same, OP

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just saw that crash on the straight for the first time.

holy balls

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 23, 2019

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

In awe at the size of the lad they fit in to the BMW they were showing in the pits. What a unit.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

net work error posted:

In awe at the size of the lad they fit in to the BMW they were showing in the pits. What a unit.

I would think putting him in a RHD car would have a not-insignificant effect on lap times on a clockwise course.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The all-female team with the 89 Golf did an over-night engine swap and got it back out on the track, and the commentators are being absolute dicks about it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The commenters confirmed what we all already know. BMW drivers can't drive.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The commenters confirmed what we all already know. BMW drivers can't drive.

It has been a brutal race for perfect weather.

If it rained it would have been chaos. The manta could have won.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

harperdc posted:

[edit] whoa the #1 911 is retired now too. This race is chewing cars up at a great rate this year.
Wait, what happened to it? I just woke up, and it's running now.

net work error posted:

The absolute legends have revived the foxtail.
:woop:

Powershift posted:

The all-female team with the 89 Golf did an over-night engine swap and got it back out on the track, and the commentators are being absolute dicks about it.
That's unfortunate. Over-night engine swap is loving impressive as all hell, and as we all know endurance races can sometimes just be about finishing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:same:

e: RIP 420

pour your herbal drink on the curb

e: god drat. 5:46:30 to go, there were 2 audis ripping down the straight at full tilt within a foot of eachother, both bouncing all over the road.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 23, 2019

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Those two Audis are having an absolute bonkers race, they've been at it like this for hours!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeeah, but they had to have touched about 10 times there.

These dudes are insane.

This is at what, 300kph?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

It's so drat impressive that endurance racing went from a tactical 24 hour race, where teams eyed each other if the other one puts in a faster stint and reacted to that, but also pulled slower stints to "heal" the car and tires, to now 24 hours of full power sprint race-like stints, with teams still racing within a second or so in the last 30 minutes of the 24 hours sometimes.

It's a testament to how bulletproof the technology behind the cars got that they can push them for 24 hours straight. There was so much bitching about the power reduction of the GT3 cars in VLN and N24 (teams like Frikadelli, Wochenspiegel etc. threatened to pull out, some even did due to the new BoP reducing the GT3/SP9 power output), but watching the onboards - especially of the SP9 class this weekend - and seeing the cornering speeds and the overall downforce even with the pretty high cars, it's just insane compared to when I started watching 24 hour races twelve or so years ago. The new surface on many parts of the Nordschleife also seems to really improve times.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
and there is Dries Vanthoor being Dries Vanthoor

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Car over the barrier at Foxhole :stare:

...and Gotz bins it

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

holy gently caress :ohdear:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pretty sure this counts as exceeding the track limits :ohdear:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I've not seen much of this race but every time I've checked in there has been a huge wreck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

spaceblancmange posted:

I've not seen much of this race but every time I've checked in there has been a huge wreck.

You have to wonder if the added adrenaline of ripping through the woods in the rain was what kept cars together the last few years.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
RLM logic is 'better weather = cars pushing harder = more accidents'

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Another one bites the dust. And another one down, another one down, another one bites the dust.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I have a feeling we;re about to find out if you can fit 2 Audi R8s on a flatbed truck

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I dunno, those 2 Audis seem to be able to respect each other enough to probably not wreck each other. More likely one of them would take out a lapped car along the way...

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The racing is just incredible

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I dunno, those 2 Audis seem to be able to respect each other enough to probably not wreck each other. More likely one of them would take out a lapped car along the way...

One bad bounce and it's not their decision anymore.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
3rd-5th covered by a matter of carlengths.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

deutchland drift

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

CactusWeasle posted:

and there is Dries Vanthoor being Dries Vanthoor

emptyquoting myself

it's just a matter of time for him, really

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

What a save that was.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

RLM logic is 'better weather = cars pushing harder = more accidents'

yeah that's pretty sound, if it's dry and clear they're able to push 100%. If there was rain at any point it would've helped break the packs up a bit too and put cars farther behind the lead.

glad the Foxtail got revived and flaps again, but holy smokes some of those accident gifs are pretty crazy. nobody badly injured in any of those?

[fake edit] Toyota Gazoo C-HR getting up on two wheels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Idiots.

e: Audi manager going to Black Falcon