Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Average Bear posted:

Sans undertale smash

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Toby can make his own Smash.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nyaa posted:

Toby can smash.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Others have tried. Remember PlayStation All Stars and Dreammix TV World?

Yeah, neither does anybody else. That last one even had Solid Snake in it!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nyaa posted:

TOBY SMASH!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
aw wow, even if Etika misunderstood the entire way of how flowey works(and can't decide on how to pronounce his name) and missed how asriel became flowey, the whole bit with him tearing up after saving asriel is adorable as hell

and also, very truly and entirely cements the terribleness of youtube chat, jesus christ. dude has skin of solid titanium with the poo poo being machine-gunned into that chat scroll every single second.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Kind of off-topic but Etika went missing a few days ago, I hope he's alright :smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress

edit: gently caress, that's a suicide note in the replies from the last uploaded video he put up that got taken down shortly after. god drat it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Oh jesus gently caress.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1142562288462942209

welp :smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress. gently caress!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Reminder, if anyone reading this thread is having a hard time of things there's nothing wrong in reaching out to loved ones or friends or acquaintances, no such thing as over sharing or shame when you're in a bad spot.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MariusLecter posted:

Reminder, if anyone reading this thread is having a hard time of things there's nothing wrong in reaching out to loved ones or friends or acquaintances, no such thing as over sharing or shame when you're in a bad spot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I always remind myself that this moment is transient. I nearly killed myself after my sister was murdered. if I had, I never would have met some of the most important people in my life, enjoyed some of the best things I've ever experienced, and seen advancements(and admittedly, regressions) in humanity and science. the moment right now may really, REALLY suck, but that doesn't mean it's eternal, and speaking to people who can help you(NOT ALL THERAPISTS ARE THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU, you need to find a good one! it took me 4 tries before I found one I clicked with) can mean all the difference.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I always remind myself that this moment is transient. I nearly killed myself after my sister was murdered. if I had, I never would have met some of the most important people in my life, enjoyed some of the best things I've ever experienced, and seen advancements(and admittedly, regressions) in humanity and science. the moment right now may really, REALLY suck, but that doesn't mean it's eternal, and speaking to people who can help you(NOT ALL THERAPISTS ARE THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU, you need to find a good one! it took me 4 tries before I found one I clicked with) can mean all the difference.

Aww man. :smith:

I got pretty bad anxiety issues myself. Not currently seeing a therapist (broke, long waiting lists for public ones), but I saw a social worker for a while and it really help.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I'll post better when I haven't been drinking for hours, but as someone who has been/is there with regards to a large swath of mental illness a. it gets better, b. don't do anything rash.

In my current state (overall, not the booze) I don't think I personally can be of much help, but I've been involved with mental health structures basically my entire life and I'm here to encourage you to seek the options available and share my own experiences.

Not infrequently I delete the SA app as it's not a good place to be for overall mental health but work being as slow as it is I'll be around.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

ItBreathes posted:

I'll post better when I haven't been drinking for hours, but as someone who has been/is there with regards to a large swath of mental illness a. it gets better, b. don't do anything rash.

In my current state (overall, not the booze) I don't think I personally can be of much help, but I've been involved with mental health structures basically my entire life and I'm here to encourage you to seek the options available and share my own experiences.

Not infrequently I delete the SA app as it's not a good place to be for overall mental health but work being as slow as it is I'll be around.

I don't know, I find SA to be a pretty good stress release, if only for the ability to rant about liberals in CSPAM

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

aw geez.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Well that took a turn.

I find the SA community relatively fun and decent but I don't venture outside of of the games and anime forums.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Well that took a turn.

I find the SA community relatively fun and decent but I don't venture outside of of the games and anime forums.

Soberly, I'm not trying to say SA is bad for you (though I mostly stick to games and SH/SC), but there are some very negative people around here and some days it / the internet in general is a bit much and just need to put it down a while.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Can't wait for this game to be finished!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Can't wait for this game to be finished!

Has there been any recent word from Toby on that regard?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Larryb posted:

Has there been any recent word from Toby on that regard?

he made a few tweets a week or two ago

he seems to be finding his stride and said the undertaking isn't as intimidating now as it was a year ago. in particular he's got another 50 songs composed or something, which isn't too surprising because the guy writes music in his sleep

he also said that chapter 2 will partly consist of a party member trying to learn a new spell that they're initially very very bad at using. my guess is ralsei's going to try and expand his FIGHT options somehow with mixed results

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So just to confirm something, is the game being released episodically or is it just divided up into chapters?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The latter.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Larryb posted:

So just to confirm something, is the game being released episodically or is it just divided up into chapters?

It’s divided into chapters, but Toby has said the next release is going to be the full finished game. This might change at any time, however.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good to know, though if every chapter was at least roughly around the length of the first one (if not longer) I wouldn’t mind an episodic release that much to be honest.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's not coming out for years though right? First one took four years so I'd expect the remainder to take at least that long unless we know differently.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

No Wave posted:

It's not coming out for years though right? First one took four years so I'd expect the remainder to take at least that long unless we know differently.

Chapter 1 was made by just Toby and Temmie, but he's assembled a bigger team to finish the rest.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Toby has likely been fairly busy with other things in that time period as well, and putting more central focus on the game might be helpful.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Toby's been busy working with Sakurai on adding Sans to smash

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Well, since it was being talked about in this thread, I feel it's appropriate to inform you guys here...

https://twitter.com/NYPDnews/status/1143558996172967937?s=19

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Hell and damnation. He seemed an alright chap.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
drat :(

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

He was two years younger than me... :smith:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Last night before I went to sleep, I read that they had found a body, but hadn't identified it yet. I've been hoping all morning that it wasn't him. :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want Noelle to be playable

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Samovar posted:

Hell and damnation. He seemed an alright chap.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Squiddycat posted:

I want Noelle to be playable

in Smash Ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aergo
Feb 1, 2009

There is a Deltarune speedrun coming up on SGDQ in a few minutes!

edit: it's a race!

Aergo fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 26, 2019