Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

VideoGames posted:

Thread stickied! :D
Have fun and :justpost: I hope this year is fantastic! There is no reason you cannot chat and serious post in this thread, just none of the horny art from last time. Oddities and cool art is not prohibited, just the bad stuff from last time.

Also this is not quite the case. The issue is that I am unable to sit and read a whole thread that never stops moving for the length of time SGDQ lasts. If I was off work and had the time, I would be much more hands on with it but I do not have the ability to do so. It only takes one post to start a snowball effect while I am asleep and then six hours later when I awake there has been issues.

Honestly, I think if we use this thread as serious and light chat, that will be the best of both worlds and more like the originals. It cannot hurt and I will try to keep up with it.

cautiously speedoflightjustposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Sage Grimm posted:

Okay, this is where I reveal my donation incentive because it was received by GDQ today!

Ripped entirely from SeXReX's avatar and tweaked it down to 11 colours so the transformation into an embroidery pattern would not have too many artifacts. I did a dumb thing and figured 8 inches square would be no problem to finish in a month and a half! That is, if you have ~160 hours available and willing to average 6 hours a day in the last two weeks to make it by the deadline.
:suicide:
Anyway, I was trying a combination of two and three strands to build a bit of depth in the picture (top and right of the hair is all 3, everything else is 2) but it didn't succeed too well. But I committed so I had to keep going at it that way.

:piaa:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I love that the Castlevania block always seems to land right around lunchtime for me so regardless of the day I get to catch it live.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Like staring in a mirror. :v:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

Okay, this is where I reveal my donation incentive because it was received by GDQ today!

I would totally buy this.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Are there no GDQ pennants for sale for this SGDQ? The Yetee has let me down.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gdq is always terrible for my wardrobe because i already own too many dumb yetee video game shirts but my brain can always justify more because 'hey it's going to a good cause!'

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brother Entropy posted:

gdq is always terrible for my wardrobe because i already own too many dumb yetee video game shirts but my brain can always justify more because 'hey it's going to a good cause!'

I got three and I already feel like I wear too many videogame shirts. I think I'm only gonna buy the ones that are harder to pick up as a videogame thing from now on.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Brother Entropy posted:

I don't wear t-shirts to work and rarely buy them when I'm clothes shopping so my summer weekend wardrobe is slowly transforming into 'poo poo Ive owned for 10+ years' and 'GDQ shirts'

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
are the t-shirt’s like normal sizes? Safe to just get what size I normally wear?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
yeah the shirts are normal sizes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, they're not "gamer-sized", I was afraid of my S-size being too large but it fit pretty well.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Dias posted:

Yeah, they're not "gamer-sized", I was afraid of my S-size being too large but it fit pretty well.

exactly what I wanted to know lol thank u

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I'm sort of on the fence about getting a shirt this time around, since none of the designs this time grab me that much ( the Super Mario Sunshine one is cool looking, though). Ashamedly, I suppose I've had to buy the "gamer-sized" 3x or 4x ones, but only because with 2x ones I got, they seemed to shrunk some in the wash, and got too short at the waist. As a result, I've got a fair few shirts from the events that I don't wear anymore.

On top of that, I've realized that I don't really look good in t-shirts, even when they do fit fine, so that adds to my reluctance to get one. I've made it a tradition to buy one or two at each event, but now I'm not sure. :sigh:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

buy a shirt you look great pal

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The Gelato Beach is probably the best of the subtle designs; Marbles is way too obscure though Warp Speed is a close second to my personal interests. Dino Land King is the strongest of the unsubtle followed by the Fox Team (though good luck having a white shirt last more than a couple years), then split between Fountain/Million Monkeys.

InflateableFerret
Dec 1, 2005

I pooped my pants
Anyone know if they are selling these new designs at the event or should I just order online?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I have a much harder decision to make: Do I catch the start of SGDQ, or do I go eat part of a whole roast pigling and drink mead, and sing folk songs for Midsummers festivities?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D. Ebdrup posted:

I have a much harder decision to make: Do I catch the start of SGDQ, or do I go eat part of a whole roast pigling and drink mead, and sing folk songs for Midsummers festivities?

my opinion, the latter

you can't catch a VOD where you do the other stuff

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

GO TO THE REN FAIRE. :hai:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sage Grimm posted:

GO TO THE REN FAIRE. :hai:
Lol, it's not even a ren faire despite how tacky it sounds - it's just a regular midsummers tradition we do where I live.
Supposedly it dates back to the viking times, but who the gently caress knows.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

definitely do the viking thing

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Oh, sorry, I thought you were the same person in Discord that was debating going to a ren faire last night.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Do the viking poo poo, my person. We'll see you later.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

D. Ebdrup posted:

Lol, it's not even a ren faire despite how tacky it sounds - it's just a regular midsummers tradition we do where I live.
Supposedly it dates back to the viking times, but who the gently caress knows.

that sounds amazing, do it

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

The problem is that I don't have the energy to stand around that long, and there's usually no place to sit down, because there's too many old old people who don't understand that younger people can have health problems. :(

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

heeheex2 posted:

buy a shirt you look great pal

:unsmith:

Sage Grimm posted:

The Gelato Beach is probably the best of the subtle designs; Marbles is way too obscure though Warp Speed is a close second to my personal interests. Dino Land King is the strongest of the unsubtle followed by the Fox Team (though good luck having a white shirt last more than a couple years), then split between Fountain/Million Monkeys.

The Gelato Beach one is cool, cause it has a sort of 'diegetic' theme' (Not sure if that's the right way of describing it. Basically, what I mean is that it's designed like a tourist shirt you'd buy if you were actually able to go to Gelato Beach, and they sold shirts in the style.)

I already have a Kirby shirt from a previous event that's similar to the the Fountain one.

Dino Land King is...interesting. It reminds me of something with the red, grainy look, but I can't remember what.

Fox Team isn't bad in regards to its composition. Darkness & Light and Million Monkeys are cool in that each is done by an artist that has done the same kind of designs for previous events, but on different games (the former all being Final Fantasy/Square Enix based, and the latter all based on platformers or similar games.)

Marbles is stylish looking. Lil Punchy and Warp Speed are nice, too. The rest don't look that interesting.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D. Ebdrup posted:

The problem is that I don't have the energy to stand around that long, and there's usually no place to sit down, because there's too many old old people who don't understand that younger people can have health problems. :(

well you can also stay and enjoy GDQ!!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
im excited to post and blow money on nerdy t-shirts

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Two Kirby shirts means I’m spending twice as much this year.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Everyone mark your calendars for the prize I sent in, and HDMI modded NES top loader, and I managed to find a dogbone to include:

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/prize/2435

Looks like it got dropped in the Megaman and TASbot block.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thats really neat

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ceramics posted:

gdq needs ff7 100% imo

Don't worry when the remake comes out next year 100% of that will be like three hours or something

everyone wins

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Oh boy, time to watch some games fast! Couldn't get off of work this time, so I'll have to play a bunch of catch-up later with the VODs.

Brother Entropy posted:

This is a problem?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Don't worry when the remake comes out next year 100% of that will be like three hours or something

everyone wins

yeah but that's only FFVII-R episode 1 which ends after a 90 minute cutscene of Guard Scorpion

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Just Post Mother F*cker

Happy for another SGDQ. I'm working at day but gonna try and catch as much as possible with you all

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Is it only live on Twitch? Apparently Roku took down the third party Twitch app...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I got my volunteer badge last night and sat through hosting orientation. I'm extremely excited and nervous for this whole event! I think I might be most anxious about how tired I am going to be at the end of the week.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

The Yetee's SGDQ shirts are up!

Just ordered !

Excited for the week, but have miss today because Pride. Hope first day is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

we don't have a chill 7+ hour jrpg run but we have 4 hours of glitchless pokemon

this is truly the cursed timeline