Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

happy cabbage posted:

it would be nice if i was unblacklisted. vio detective extraordinaire decided i was a spy like 8 or 9 years ago even though I wasn't and had no loyalties beyond goonfleet vov.

did you happen to live in alberta during that time period?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TigerXtrm
Feb 2, 2019

Warmachine posted:

Did the keynote also have a telling plan for how they're gonna unfuck themselves, or is EVE dying its final death?

Eve has been dying since 2003, try to keep up.

It would be interesting to see the number of accounts that go inactive over the same 90 day time period. I suspect the active player base is barely growing, or might even be shrinking. Is hard data like that available other than accounts logged in to TQ?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Warmachine posted:

Did the keynote also have a telling plan for how they're gonna unfuck themselves, or is EVE dying its final death?

Not as much. And they didn't include data on the turnover on older accounts, which might be the more relevant number.

And to be honest, I'm kind of afraid to hear the ideas they do have.

TigerXtrm posted:

what a good joke

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

TigerXtrm posted:

it hasn't, in fact it grew until 2012, and since that peak only half the players remain

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rutibex posted:

Yeah but I don't want to is the thing. I was lucky this time I didn't have much going on in 1DQ, but if I had been building a titan or something it would have ruined me. I don't want to have to worry about randomly getting booted and losing all of my services because space HR is riding some directors rear end about metrics. This was the second time it happened without any kind of warning. Makes me feel like the Imperium is just too big for me to have fun, I'm just a number not worth contacting before getting the boot.

I mean I understand why it has to be run that way. There are just too many people in the swarm for it to be handled personally. But now that I have a pile of isk and can fly most ships I'd rather play somewhere in a smaller corp that would value my contribution more. Also screw waiting a week in 1DQ with my thumb up my rear end again, I pay real life money for this game. No thanks.

At first i felt a little bit bad for you but now i'm kinda sad you didnt lose a titan while in built.

Whining about not being contacted and poo poo. I'm willing to bet there has been multiple pings on jabber about it but you seem to be going out of your way to not be aware. What did you expect, a personal phone call from Mittens?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

this guy is almost certainly a troll but the idea of throwing a fit about an activity purge, countered by the sole task of "staying connected to jabber and receiving pings" is pretty funny

poo poo i haven't done anything that would have given me a pap link in over a year and i didn't get purged, and i know andromache wouldn't think twice about booting my rear end if it was deserved

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

this guy is almost certainly a troll but the idea of throwing a fit about an activity purge, countered by the sole task of "staying connected to jabber and receiving pings" is pretty funny

poo poo i haven't done anything that would have given me a pap link in over a year and i didn't get purged, and i know andromache wouldn't think twice about booting my rear end if it was deserved

I was caught in the purge too tbh. I bought a new pc 2 or 3 months ago and didnt reinstall jabber so its my bad. I dont think i put any serious time in eve in at least 6 months so its kinda expected.

Those purges are actually great to renew my interest for a few months so i see it as a good thing. Just not sure i really want to get back into it right away to i might wait.

Just wish i didnt lose access to GBS and helldump.

This makes me think Atrum, if/when EVE eventually kicks the bucket, will there be a mad dash to fix the services so not everyone gets kicked? Any contigencies for this?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
It's really not hard at all to keep jabber running in the back ground.

Plus you know friends

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

At first i felt a little bit bad for you but now i'm kinda sad you didnt lose a titan while in built.

Whining about not being contacted and poo poo. I'm willing to bet there has been multiple pings on jabber about it but you seem to be going out of your way to not be aware. What did you expect, a personal phone call from Mittens?

Thats what I mean, pangs on Jabber rather than an EVE mail or a PM. Like a memo from corporate HR posted to the bulletin board. Both times when I got purged the purger didn't even know who the hell I was, all they saw was a couple of metrics. Thats great if your into big organized battles and stuff, but its not the experience I'm looking for in EVE.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Rutibex posted:

Thats what I mean, pangs on Jabber rather than an EVE mail or a PM. Like a memo from corporate HR posted to the bulletin board. Both times when I got purged the purger didn't even know who the hell I was, all they saw was a couple of metrics. Thats great if your into big organized battles and stuff, but its not the experience I'm looking for in EVE.

Then why join Goons? You should've known that as soon as you signed up the first time.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Foehammer007 posted:

Then why join Goons? You should've known that as soon as you signed up the first time.

No one bothered me about this stupid poo poo when I was in Groon. We just tooled around Syndicate doing whatever.

I joined Goonwaffe because I assumed it was the corp for posters on the SA forums

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Oh no, i can't walk on this road anymore, there is a pebble in my way.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Seriously dude, the direkkktorate isn't paid for this poo poo and they go above and beyond to keep people informed generally. They don't ask for much, just have jabber installed.

I'm willing to bet that if you simply had jabber installed/active, you wouldnt have been purged.

Sounds to me like it was designed to purge the afk like me, and those who are in the coalition just for the easy isk.

You're making a big deal out of nothing. You could have reapplied and spent 7 days loving around in high/lowsec or elsewhere messing with ppl in the mean time.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Being an ex-Groon member you should definitely know the differences between the two SA corps. Unless you joined Groon like last year or some poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dear lord help me Dinin Dalael is dunking on a person

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

orange juche posted:

Dear lord help me Dinin Dalael is dunking on a person

Next up: Deadtear logs in.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Next up: Deadtear logs in.

Thats a step too far.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Dalael posted:

those who are in the coalition just for the easy isk.

in this rutibex's case, it also worked as intended

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Maybe he'll rejoin Groon and gently caress off

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I do applaud Atrum for (indirectly?) providing content, however.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Dalael posted:

This makes me think Atrum, if/when EVE eventually kicks the bucket, will there be a mad dash to fix the services so not everyone gets kicked? Any contigencies for this?

Not really a "mad dash." There's one job that runs every few hours that compares a user's member group against their characters to verify they do, in fact, have at least one character in the Eve corporation corresponding to that member group. If it doesn't find a match, it drops you to the Member group which basically can't do anything except maybe helldump.

It's the reason why you can't put all your characters in your altcorp, for example.

That job used to not apply to Goonwaffe at all, but after the ESI purge and the multiple confirmed capital group spies that were caught in that cleanup, we decided to apply it to Goonwaffe.

Stopping use of the "Vacationers" group was due to several separate incidents where toxic bittervets couldn't keep themselves from ruining it for everyone else. Everyone who has Vacationer status still has it, there's just no new Vacationers being made.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

just lol if you don't have a dedicated VM running bitlbee to goonfleet jabber so you can connect to your screened irssi/weechat sessions 24/7.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Tsed posted:

just lol if you don't have a dedicated VM running bitlbee to goonfleet jabber so you can connect to your screened irssi/weechat sessions 24/7.

I understood lol but that's about it

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

can someone explain to me what all these init and other goon elements are doing in low sec near provi bloc? And also why Panfam are down here? There was supposed to be a cool and fun war between spectre fleet and provi bloc and now all the big dick null blocs are down here ruining everyone's good time

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

ruining everyone's good time

Op success!

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

can someone explain to me what all these init and other goon elements are doing in low sec near provi bloc? And also why Panfam are down here? There was supposed to be a cool and fun war between spectre fleet and provi bloc and now all the big dick null blocs are down here ruining everyone's good time

How dare people looking for stuff to do find anything to do.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i understand that's the perverse gon raison d'etre but it's not just you all

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

i understand that's the perverse gon raison d'etre but it's not just you all

You asked for an explanation.

In essence your entire argument is that you were having a nice 1v 1 fight in lowsec and other people dared to land on grid and engage

I mean seriously wtf are you even trying to argue. How dare anyone third party? Only honourable space fights allowed?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

andromache posted:

Not really a "mad dash." There's one job that runs every few hours that compares a user's member group against their characters to verify they do, in fact, have at least one character in the Eve corporation corresponding to that member group. If it doesn't find a match, it drops you to the Member group which basically can't do anything except maybe helldump.

It's the reason why you can't put all your characters in your altcorp, for example.

That job used to not apply to Goonwaffe at all, but after the ESI purge and the multiple confirmed capital group spies that were caught in that cleanup, we decided to apply it to Goonwaffe.

Stopping use of the "Vacationers" group was due to several separate incidents where toxic bittervets couldn't keep themselves from ruining it for everyone else. Everyone who has Vacationer status still has it, there's just no new Vacationers being made.

Member group seem to have no access at all.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

PST posted:

You asked for an explanation.

In essence your entire argument is that you were having a nice 1v 1 fight in lowsec and other people dared to land on grid and engage

I mean seriously wtf are you even trying to argue. How dare anyone third party? Only honourable space fights allowed?

Well actually, according to space bushido...

ragedx
Mar 15, 2019

Vodka is just awesome water
jeez, don't pay attention to this thread for a day and you get almost 200 new posts to read through

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Rutibex posted:

No one bothered me about this stupid poo poo when I was in Groon. We just tooled around Syndicate doing whatever.

I joined Goonwaffe because I assumed it was the corp for posters on the SA forums

That's the thing that's always gotten on my nerves, you always think the rules don't apply to you. The one time they sliiiiightly inconvenience you you proceed to basically blacklist yourself, it boggles the mind how but root finds a way

You're actually the first I heard of this, so I totally have to have gotten purged too. Know what I'm going to do? Wait a drat week and sign back up, and then get immediately accepted when Aryth notices "oh, this was an idle dude". You managed to gently caress that up and now you got 80B of hisec isk, it's like watching someone burn tea

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Good Dumplings posted:

That's the thing that's always gotten on my nerves, you always think the rules don't apply to you. The one time they sliiiiightly inconvenience you you proceed to basically blacklist yourself, it boggles the mind how but root finds a way

You're actually the first I heard of this, so I totally have to have gotten purged too. Know what I'm going to do? Wait a drat week and sign back up, and then get immediately accepted when Aryth notices "oh, this was an idle dude". You managed to gently caress that up and now you got 80B of hisec isk, it's like watching someone burn tea

:11tea:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Rutibex posted:

And your meltdown over the last 24 hours has proved what an incredibly lovely fit you actually are, what with you essentially not being in any way, shape or form participating in anything Goonwaffe related except for posting in this thread. Fuckety bye and stay in high sec pubbie

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

And your meltdown over the last 24 hours has proved what an incredibly lovely fit you actually are, what with you essentially not being in any way, shape or form participating in anything Goonwaffe related except for posting in this thread. Fuckety bye and stay in high sec pubbie

i would argue his autistic meltdown proves how well he fits in :v:

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013

I didn't know that was a thing. ew.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

it seems more toddler than autistic to me

wafflethief
Jun 2, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

My autistic 6 year old nephew has less dramatic meltdowns.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Good Dumplings posted:

Just to be clear, being randomly purged is not a slight inconvenience. I'm researching capital ship construction blueprints atm (in high sec thank god) so I can get into capital construction. If I was running capital ship construction jobs when my roles got pulled all of my industry jobs would be cancelled and I would lose billions of isk in materials. All of my market orders get hosed up too, and you have to pay tax upfront just to post market orders.

I think purging people to make them pay attention or whatever is a really dumb policy, and I can't risk having that happen again if I get into bigger production. So I'm going to see what I can do in NPC 0.0, where no one owns the stations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

Just to be clear, being randomly purged is not a slight inconvenience. I'm researching capital ship construction blueprints atm (in high sec thank god) so I can get into capital construction. If I was running capital ship construction jobs when my roles got pulled all of my industry jobs would be cancelled and I would lose billions of isk in materials. All of my market orders get hosed up too, and you have to pay tax upfront just to post market orders.

Not even remotely how this works.