Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Moridin920 posted:

Who changes their last name? If neither, ready to explain that to every other chucklefuck that gets confused about it?

State by state but most don't.

e:

Also the entire reason that there is a tax break is because at some point someone decided it was in the state's interest to promote couples as the basis of a stable family unit so that you can procreate and properly populate the homeland and make workers/soldiers/etc. and in that sense it can be seen as hetero-normative imo, even if same-sex couples get the same tax breaks now. It wasn't just intended to be a tax simplification, it was intended to be a govt subsidy on people getting married and having kids.

a relatively stable adult couple would have been about 1000x better than what I had growing up so I'm ok with that. I'm aware its not easy for gay couples to adopt in some place or even easy to adopt in general unless you're rich but that doesnt really have much to do with marriage.

as far as last names go I'm probably kind of brain damaged by the military that way where it only annoys me when someone doesnt tell me if their last name changed and otherwise idgaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah I feel like a realtor isn't gonna discourage people trying to buy a house haha

Go be a black trans gay couple in Alabama and check back

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lotta goons itt oblivious to the fact that things aren’t priced by what they cost the seller

“People charge more for weddings, can’t pull the wool over my eyes :smuggo:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Also yeah marriage may have a lot of negative baggage as an institution but poo poo tons of law is structured around it so if you’re not married make sure to take proper steps to,say, not be thrown out of your home if one of you dies

There were a lot of legal based reasons for the marriage equality movement

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there was some fun reddit post on the legal advice subreddit we mocked on cspam a while back where the poster's family's disowned gay son had died and the family took and spent his entire estate and the poster was seemingly unaware that in fact that estate was the property of the deceased's surviving husband and that they were going to get legally hosed bigly

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
they've since deleted it, since the op was the party doing all the theft and was probably advised about how posting that kinda thing isn't great for discovery

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lmfao "he had a will but he was gay so gently caress him we decided to keep the money but now his boyfriend is suing us how can we keep this money without involving the court thank you"

Some people are just fuckwits on a deep fundamental level

Looks like they were not married though :smugdon:

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 01:00 on Jun 22, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Yes my little sister who he trusted the most was. Since assets and business were mostly through the family he left most to us. He however left his partner his condo cars and 85% of the money. Which we thought was not fair

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah that’s like the most shithead suburbanite behavior

“We don’t feel like it’s fair so we’re just going to unilaterally do what we want, which just happens to be the most selfish choice with great benefit to ourselves”

“Help the other party is trying to use activist judges against us:qq:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"he left most to us" and then later he says he left 85% of the money to his lover?
greedy assholes, I hope they get hosed by the court
e: even the sister whom he trusted the most stuck a knife in his back

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1141547556322852864

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My Lego town is run by communists

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

My Lego town is run by communists

e: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1860-pcs-NO-match-legoeing-RS-titanic-sets-cruise-ship-model-boat-DIY-building-Diamond-mini/32981489760.html

lmfao

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

dirty lousy tramp posted:

"he left most to us" and then later he says he left 85% of the money to his lover?
greedy assholes, I hope they get hosed by the court
e: even the sister whom he trusted the most stuck a knife in his back

It's from last year so there might be an update somewhere

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Bombadilillo posted:

They do but ita other Disney properties. 5 minute marvel and such. They are written pretty easy so learn to read help too

Edit: that sounded negative, it's all kid taste preference.

I have 5 minute Daniel Tiger, Nickelodeon, Pete the Cat, Disney and a couple others. Theres like a dozen stories in each book but my son wants me to read the same one every night until I get annoyed and hide it so he has to pick something else.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.wweek.com/news/city/2019/06/19/oregon-officials-deter-portland-homeless-campers-with-a-million-dollars-worth-of-boulders/

They're not homeless, they're just houseless.

Powershift has issued a correction as of 06:07 on Jun 22, 2019

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's a step above the 'seize everything that's not in their pockets and burn it/stuff it in a shredder' but I'm willing to bet Oregon does that too

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

i'd just start camping in their backyard.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I prefer "housing impaired".

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bike tory posted:

I prefer "housing impaired".

Roof and wall deficient.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Powershift posted:

Roof and wall deficient.

Shelter-seeking

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Fully decapitalised individuals.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Oh yeah I've been seeing this poo poo everywhere and keep forgetting to post it. Gemini is from the infamous Winklevoss twins of Facebook fame, lmao

https://twitter.com/BookofNick/status/1080980996953202689

this poo poo is insane
the marketplace of ideas

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah I feel like a realtor isn't gonna discourage people trying to buy a house haha

as a renter who knows several techbros who bought houses in Seattle in the last few years they all recommend their super-smart realtors who explained to them how Seattle housing is not a bubble, that any "tech bubble" has already fully corrected, and that their modest $800k 2-bedroom in the suburbs can only go up up up

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
In news surprising absolutely no one:

Progress on ending child labour stalls in countries supplying goods to west

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/jun/14/progress-on-ending-child-labour-stall-in-countries-supplying-goods-to-west

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It owns that the Congo is probably the richest country in terms of just natural resources but actually they are one of if not the poorest countries in the world because everyone just steals their poo poo and calls it creating jobs.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tingfinder posted:

In news surprising absolutely no one:

Progress on ending child labour stalls in countries supplying goods to west

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/jun/14/progress-on-ending-child-labour-stall-in-countries-supplying-goods-to-west

But... but... the rising tide! All the boats! What about all the boats!!!!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Turns out the rising tide was just the ice caps melting this whole time

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Also the boats were yachts.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

It owns that the Congo is probably the richest country in terms of just natural resources but actually they are one of if not the poorest countries in the world because everyone just steals their poo poo and calls it creating jobs.

Uh I think you’ll find its due to corruption

And by corruption we purely mean the paltry sum we’re bribing local officials with to steal multiple millions which we will exclude from our definition of corruption

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

lancemantis posted:

Uh I think you’ll find its due to corruption

And by corruption we purely mean the paltry sum we’re bribing local officials with to steal multiple millions which we will exclude from our definition of corruption

I think it's actually because their market isn't free enough and if we just made it more free everything would be fine because everyone could just start their own mine and compete with each other

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I love it.

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
"you got your car in my brands"
"no, you got your brands in my car"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I assume "DAP SHAT" is some hot new slang the kids are dabbing on to the snap chat these days

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

I assume "DAP SHAT" is some hot new slang the kids are dabbing on to the snap chat these days

I couldn't see it very well so I read it as "dipshit" and well, yeah, that fits.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

is the joke that this inexplicable screenshot of a phone OS (rather than sharing the image of interest only) is exhibiting tacit endorsement of T-mobile, Instagram, and whatever phone OS it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

BattleMaster posted:

is the joke that this inexplicable screenshot of a phone OS (rather than sharing the image of interest only) is exhibiting tacit endorsement of T-mobile, Instagram, and whatever phone OS it is

i dont know how to save a pic from ig, so i take screenshots
why dont all phone apps have a picture saving option from the click-hold menu :argh: