Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

EDIT: Nvm saw Bird's post.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby has a new favorite as of 07:26 on Jun 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's been a lot of failure to screenshot tweets lately. The last page is missing a lot of content.

Firefox will do it for you if you're using that. I don't know about Chrome.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

christmas boots posted:

I mean if she's not white the cops will probably just shoot her too. Maybe things work different in Londontown but this is America, baby.,

It's London, they wouldn't be carrying guns.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Anora posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't what she's rallying against her job? She's a "journalist."

No you see, because this is news that damages the prime Minister candidate she likes. That makes it different!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/stilgherrian/status/1142680041748172800

Read the replies.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

luxury handset posted:

there are something like crips in atlanta, but not in newton county, but there are lots of dumb teens

Can you imagine being 14 and the dumb poo poo you pulled gets picked up by the news as proof "gang violence" has come to your upper crust neighborhood? Legend

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

:psyduck:

the unhinged dude agreed and expanded on the blue checkmark's point, who didn't get the meandering reply and thought it was some libertarian chud, which led to the meltdown...?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Can you imagine being 14 and the dumb poo poo you pulled gets picked up by the news as proof "gang violence" has come to your upper crust neighborhood? Legend

You just explained Qanon

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Frog Act posted:

Actually there are a lot of stupid, bigoted, angry Americans making terrible posts and it’s kind of absurd to assume that someone must be Russian because they’re “spreading divisiveness” by using basic right wing rhetoric that reflects the beliefs of a mainstream political party

True, but their account names are probably not ONLYTHE00099203.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

SwitchbladeKult posted:

When I was 8, someone spray painted a Vice Lords tag on a brick wall at my elementary school, and everyone freaked out that the Gangs were coming from Chicago. In one of the richest counties in Illinois. Of course it wasn't bored teenagers from the high school two blocks away, it's the Gangs!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

https://twitter.com/Docstockk/status/1142709378476363777?s=20

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Ravelry, the crocheting community, has banned support of the US administration on account of being against white supremacy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ravelry/status/1142766608680660992

Not really sure which bits to screencap, really. It's all crazy people in there.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

they can weave fancy black block gear for antifa comrades

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Zesty posted:

There's been a lot of failure to screenshot tweets lately. The last page is missing a lot of content.

Firefox will do it for you if you're using that. I don't know about Chrome.

In my case I was posting someone who herself had screenshots in her tweet.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

T-man posted:

they can weave fancy black block gear for antifa comrades

The comrades will always want balaclavas for their cold weather operations. It's a shame the pussy hats were taken over by the TERFs tho, because I have a bunch of pink yarn that I don't know what to do with. Might buy some white and blue and make trans pride pussy hats.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

goblin week posted:

Ravelry, the crocheting community, has banned support of the US administration on account of being against white supremacy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ravelry/status/1142766608680660992

Not really sure which bits to screencap, really. It's all crazy people in there.

lmao this owns

https://twitter.com/Pancho93528792/status/1142779031911325696

https://twitter.com/lisahughesvt/status/1142786174014164993

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

I also disagree with this paper's implications about trams people. What if the insanity spreads to helicopter people too?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Slate/status/1142520633613590530

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Arivia posted:

I also disagree with this paper's implications about trams people. What if the insanity spreads to helicopter people too?

I dunno, I think there's quite a difference between the two. I find helicopter people quite uplifting, but their tram counterparts seem just so set in their ways.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

This is my favorite reply:

https://twitter.com/uckema/status/1142554549506494465

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Somebody doesn't remember when everyone started hitting puberty in school.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

A bad headline for an otherwise pretty good article.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

tight aspirations posted:

I dunno, I think there's quite a difference between the two. I find helicopter people quite uplifting, but their tram counterparts seem just so set in their ways.

The helicopter people have some weird things about communists, though.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

I mean, even a broken clock is right twice a day. I prefer all my peers stank free, regardless of identity.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Whole lot of people giving hot takes on the headline and not reading the article.

The article talks about how antiperspirant deodorant is popular because women are not allowed to ever sweat if they want to be attractive. Antiperspirants are made with aluminum which some claim causes health risks, though no legitimate study has concluded that. Deodorants are still trying to play on that fear regardless by advertising themselves as "natural" and always cost more for women's brands. That's the "Scam"

Quit getting outraged at misunderstood headlines, goons.

Zesty has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Jun 23, 2019

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Just use old spice because it smells good.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

When you’re as busy as I am it’s hard to find time to read a whole article so the headline is the whole deal for me

(Plays video games 35 hours a week)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zesty posted:

Whole lot of people giving hot takes on the headline and not reading the article.

The article talks about how antiperspirant deodorant is popular because women are not allowed to ever sweat if they want to be attractive. Antiperspirants are made with aluminum which some claim causes health risks, though no legitimate study has concluded that. Deodorants are still trying to play on that fear regardless by advertising themselves as "natural" and always cost more for women's brands. That's the "Scam"

Maybe if they didn't want people to get outraged at headlines they shouldn't post headlines like that?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
"if"

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Zesty posted:

Can I be angry at the headline being very click baitey and not accurately portraying the points the article is trying to make?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How is it the readers fault if Slate posts misleading headlines on their own twitter account?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Mega Comrade posted:

Can I be angry at the headline being very click baitey and not accurately portraying the points the article is trying to make?
This is entirely intentional and expect this to be the case even more often in the future.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mega Comrade posted:

Sure. But it's also insane that people are getting mad that the headline misled them into making a kneejerk reaction without reading the content. Don't we frequently make fun of people for that in this very thread?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/shaka_lulu/status/1142920814775287808?s=12

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Elon unquit twitter already?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I thought musk " " " "delete " " " "his bird account

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zesty posted:

Sure. But it's also insane that people are getting mad that the headline misled them into making a kneejerk reaction without reading the content. Don't we frequently make fun of people for that in this very thread?

I don't think it's crazy that people think a bad headline is bad. If I see a bad headline, I'm not gonna give them clicks just to see if the article is actually good.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
He just changed his avatar to a black square and moped for a little while, as far as I know.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Maybe if they didn't want people to get outraged at headlines they shouldn't post headlines like that?

I mean, the whole IDEA is to get you mad, which is why it used a charged word to attract as many hot takes as possible, so people will share the link everywhere and maybe even click to go have slapfights in the comments. You don't even NEED to read the article, it may as well be just "BUTTS" over and over for a few paragraphs.

The point isn't "spread accurate information" the point is "drive Engagement so our advertisers are happy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Captain Monkey posted:

He just changed his avatar to a black square and moped for a little while, as far as I know.

I thought this was an odd choice, but hey