Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

he did in fact make a donation during the beginning stages of his transformation into a shithead, and the donation was met by an audible 'augh' in the room. that is likely why he stopped donating.

boy that was wild to watch live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Bloodplay it again posted:

Can we start a $20,000 incentive to never hear poyo in a GDQ again

edit:

wah
orb
poyo
urn

any other 3-4 letter words I'm forgetting?

HYPE

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
That Noddin the Nu plush in the back is so great

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

he did in fact make a donation during the beginning stages of his transformation into a shithead, and the donation was met by an audible 'augh' in the room. that is likely why he stopped donating.

Oh .... you know I vaguely remember that. You are probably right.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

President Ark posted:

i mean, gdq is probably one of their biggest donators at this point

For PCF yes

For MSF absolutely not they are an enormous international organization that has a budget of over $1 Billion a year

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Steve Holt! posted:

I just want to put in a quick plug for the remade version of GDQ VODs that's sitting at new.gdqvods.com. It's basically just a slower version of the same site right now but I had to make a new version to get it into a state where it can be updated. Just wanted to get some a bit of traffic into it this event to see how much it's going to cost me. As a bonus, it gets updated about half an hour before the main site does, so that's nice.

Amplifying this, your site is really great to catch runs that I missed because I was asleep. Thanks for making it.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AttackTheMoon posted:

boy that was wild to watch live

"we have a ten thousand dollar donation-"

*claps and cheers*

"-from Notch"

*literal groans from the audience*

it owned lmao

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the deal with notch is that one year he was being a big pissbaby and very publicly stating that he wasn't going to donate to whatever gdq event was coming up because twitch had just introduced the bits system and gdq--which is in part sponsored by twitch--was accepting bit donations

then at the next gdq he went back to doing his usual big donation and basically the whole room did a whole 180 in mood between first hearing 'we have a $10,000 dollar donation' and 'from notch'

i think after that he stopped donating, at least non-anonymously

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

dancing dad is an institution

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

i think after that he stopped donating, at least non-anonymously

His twitter has gone all weird and transcendental recently.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

For PCF yes

For MSF absolutely not they are an enormous international organization that has a budget of over $1 Billion a year

Didn't the dude say he helps generate $400m per year from the US alone? I'm sure GDQ is one of the bigger single-events for MSF but yeah, they aren't mostly bankrolled by gamers like PCF.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

BaconCopter posted:

SGDQ > AGDQ solely because it's for MSF. gently caress yeah supporting MSF.

I'm glad to support both PCF and MSF, but I like SGDQ better because you don't get as many "my friend passed away from ebola, so I'm donating to MSF" donations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nemo2342 posted:

I'm glad to support both PCF and MSF, but I like SGDQ better because you don't get as many "my friend passed away from ebola, so I'm donating to MSF" donations.

same except it's because i'm a pedant and hate it when someone says something about 'curing cancer' in the PCF donations

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/CriticalCyd/status/1142924048478945280

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nemo2342 posted:

not yet anyway, just wait until the climate crisis kicks into high gear and we have msf treating malaria cases in the pacific northwest

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i like this guy already

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Regy Rusty posted:

For PCF yes

fair enough, i was conflating them in my head

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

roblox, minecraft? wow get this casual off the stage

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its so wholesome that parents play Minecraft with their kids now.

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

I like this guy, he didn't try to come across as a gamer or anything, but wasn't weird about it. Just a good dude doing his job and playing roblox with his rugrat :3:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
ball

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

he has a really soothing voice

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Gaming as an activity rather than Gamer as an identity. It's really how it should be.

EDIT: Full blue regalia :allears:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

sonic's been through so many midlife crises and he's only 28

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

next time there's a block of games i don't care for and i'm not sleeping i am gonna play me some sonic generations

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I played the poo poo out of generations back when it came out, it was so refreshing

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

OOB sonic stuff is loving wild

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

Oh this run is really fun already.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

sonniku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't normally buy these yetee GDQ shits, but the star fox one this year looks really good.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Steve Holt! posted:

I just want to put in a quick plug for the remade version of GDQ VODs that's sitting at new.gdqvods.com. It's basically just a slower version of the same site right now but I had to make a new version to get it into a state where it can be updated. Just wanted to get some a bit of traffic into it this event to see how much it's going to cost me. As a bonus, it gets updated about half an hour before the main site does, so that's nice.

hey this site rules. Thanks for making it

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

YOU THINK YOU KNOW EVERYTHING I'M GOING TO DO, BUT THAT WON'T HELP BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU'RE GOING TO DO. STRANGE, ISN'T IT?!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Steve Holt! posted:

oh gently caress there's a 'random' button

yeah i think i'm gonna be getting a lot of use out of this site once this sgdq's over

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm just joining half way into this sonic run, is that punchy on the couch

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

site posted:

I'm just joining half way into this sonic run, is that punchy on the couch