Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Why didn't anyone tell me that. The game's too drat easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

alright, playd some more . it controls basically exactly like sotn right down to the little tricks you can do like attacking with a knife right before u hit the ground and getting another instant attack after etc.

I couldn't get this to work with any weapons.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

alright, playd some more . it controls basically exactly like sotn right down to the little tricks you can do like attacking with a knife right before u hit the ground and getting another instant attack after etc. so ... if youre worried about how it controls, its at least as good as sotn and prbably basically identical. i havent fought any bosses yet but some of the 2d prequel game ones were pretty good so i bet they cant be too bad in this game. i also tried to both spot and get a boner from looking at a pulsating foot (?) but failed on both counts. i bet this game would look 100x better and modern on the switch . anyway, its castlevania, like u knew it.

It runa 30fps on switch. Incredibel

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I couldn't get this to work with any weapons.

i did it with the knife you get in the first chest. so maybe its exclusive to knife weapons

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

It runa 30fps on switch. Incredibel

its probably fine. ds1 was great on the switch and that ran at 30fps too. its when u drop frames and get lag and poo poo that pisses me off

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

its probably fine. ds1 was great on the switch and that ran at 30fps too. its when u drop frames and get lag and poo poo that pisses me off

Oh my god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You get to savor every frame twice as long at 30fps.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The human eye can’t see more than 24 frames a second.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
anyway do u really need a platformer to run at 60fps. im not really a pc tard so most games i play on my ps4 are like 40fps anyway

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
no offence to any pc gamers out there .. i jut sort of think all of them are retarded, and infected with some kind of parasite. but it doesnt mean i think you personally are retarded

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

anyway do u really need a platformer to run at 60fps. im not really a pc tard so most games i play on my ps4 are like 40fps anyway

mario 1 ran at 60fps on a NES. its not rocket science

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

mario 1 ran at 60fps on a NES. its not rocket science

id rather play this than mario 1. although the switch version doesnt actually come out until tomorrow so i have it on ps4

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It doesn't just look but feels better when things are 60fps. Especially a platformer or whatever. To me anyways.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

More FPs = better. Worst is 1 FP where nothing even happens at all and it’s not a game. Anyways 60 would be good for this game but I’m always gonna be thinking “Why not more?” But you gotta take what you can get. :frogbon:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

Good god

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

switch version seems to majorly drop frames whenever you enter a room, which probably isnt that big of a deal if theres only like 4000 rooms

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

no offence to any pc gamers out there .. i jut sort of think all of them are retarded, and infected with some kind of parasite. but it doesnt mean i think you personally are retarded

Same but offense intended and I personally think they are retarded.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

I.N.R.I posted:

i did it with the knife you get in the first chest. so maybe its exclusive to knife weapons

i know it works with normal swords

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it works with greatswords so I assume it works with everything

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Is my game busted. For me it doesn't feel the same way it does in say Aria, when I've tried it with several weapons.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
your pcs probably running it at 59fps, upgrade your video card

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mni7B4H33OE&t=38s me when i see people saying its acceptable for platform games to run at 30fps and have frame drops

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

actually I guess I just had high attack speed with greatsword for some reason but clubs, katanas, spears etc get cancelled when I land

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just tested it a couple times with a Long Sword which seems like the most castlevania sword. No matter what timing it either felt like there was a delay when I landed, it wouldn’t do another attack, or at best that just spamming attack was about as fast. I did learn that you can attack, cancel into backsplash, and then Vance that into another attack again.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Backdash*

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been using Kung fu shoes which certainly don’t feel like it’s any faster to do that strat. Unless there’s some input I’m missing. But I used that tech all the time in Aria and SOTN so idk.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm gonna say there's absolutely a delay built into landing, or that all the animations in 3D have more frames in their startup or something. It doesn't feel exactly like Aria or SOTN to me where the sword comes out really fast.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

im not from that era man. and even the ps1 ran at 50fps and not 60 (PAL fail)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
and at no point did i say frame drops were acceptable .. dont accuse me of saying that sort of poo poo or anything like input lag is fine cos i didnt and never would .. i just dont think 30fps is all that bad. obviously 60 looks better but like, i mean, its fine.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I been using Kung fu shoes which certainly don’t feel like it’s any faster to do that strat. Unless there’s some input I’m missing. But I used that tech all the time in Aria and SOTN so idk.

u probably know more than me. i just tried it out to test if you could do it, i dont use those kinds of tricks when i play cos im not really good enough to. theres probably some frame perfect way of making it really fast

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'll guarantee that you've never played a platformer on a real console, that was worth a poo poo, at 30FPS whether it's something you've ever cared about or not, and I'm also going to say that 30FPs on a platformer or something requiring that kind of control is about as bad as input lag. Don't at me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A 2D one that is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

your pcs probably running it at 59fps, upgrade your video card

Yeah it's fine to talk honestly about your opinions on video games unless it's an aspect Synthy doesn't like. gently caress you kid. Meet me in the octagon.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Nice snide little potshots you retard. You'd start crying if your hosed up Vita rhythm games ran at 24FPS and you kept botching all the notes. Suck my dick.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I'll guarantee that you've never played a platformer on a real console, that was worth a poo poo, at 30FPS whether it's something you've ever cared about or not, and I'm also going to say that 30FPs on a platformer or something requiring that kind of control is about as bad as input lag. Don't at me.

this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Yeah it's fine to talk honestly about your opinions on video games unless it's an aspect Synthy doesn't like. gently caress you kid. Meet me in the octagon.

This has nothing to do with me dude. You are literally checking frames in the game instead of just playing the loving thing. You are straight up retarded.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This has nothing to do with me dude. You are literally checking frames in the game instead of just playing the loving thing. You are straight up retarded.

You don't have to check frames to feel what's happening, based on how much information is exchanging, when your playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just taking 4 hours to make sure the game is running at peak performance only to beat 2 bosses and never play it again. Lmao you fool. You absolute PC clown.