Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Goon Danton posted:

The global average IQ is 82?

I think they mean logarithmically it is 40% higher or something. 100 + 100log(140%)

I have an extremely high IQ but I might need an Israeli Übermensch to explain it better.

breadshaped has issued a correction as of 11:47 on Jun 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

iq is not real

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

iq is not real

this is correct, but if it was israel would have a 94 average

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Standard deviation for iq is 15, so if your iq is 115, there is about 35% of the population between you and the mean. That's my guess of what they meant. Also iq doesn't measure intelligence, it measures school aptitude in little children, lol.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Real hurthling! posted:

iq is not real

It's a very liberal palatable way to justify genocide.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Bedshaped posted:

I think they mean logarithmically it is 40% higher or something. 100 + 100log(140%)

I have an extremely high IQ but I might need an Israeli Übermensch to explain it better.

If there's one thing the bitcoin threads taught me, it's that log scales are the last refuge of scoundrels.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/joshualeifer/status/1140731003432001536

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the joint list is BACK, baby

while good, this probably puts the brakes on a meretz-ta'al merger and likely means a meretz-labor merger

less than 90 days, y'all

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The plan is premised on three tenets: “Unleashing economic potential, empowering the Palestinian people, and enhancing Palestinian governance.” It’s replete with buzzwords, charts, and tables. It promises investments in private enterprise, education, health care, and government in the Gaza Strip and West Bank. It features images of happy Palestinians, with minimal mention of Israel and no discussion of the state of Palestine.

Shockingly, it contains no political solution to the problem Kushner was tasked with solving. It doesn’t address the famously difficult questions that have doomed other peace proposals, like the status of the city of Jerusalem or Palestinians’ right of return. There’s no talk of what might be done with Israeli settlements in occupied territories, nor any discussion of borders at all. What it offers is a carrot and a warning:

If implemented, Peace to Prosperity will empower the Palestinian people to build the society that they have aspired to establish for generations. With the support of the international community, this vision is within reach. Ultimately, however, the power to unlock it lies in the hands of the Palestinian people. Only through peace can the Palestinians achieve prosperity.

https://qz.com/1650724/kushners-palestinian-peace-plan-resembles-real-estate-brochure/amp/

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
death to israel death to jared kushner

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
lmao, the Kushner plan was such an obvious failure i forgot it was on its way. the actual conference in a couple of days is going to be a laugh

and it's impressively weak. it's not even racist or anything. it's just a standard international economic development program with "West Bank and Gaza" written in all the blank spaces. it could have been stolen from the World Bank or any foreign investment plan

political factors aren't mentioned at all. Israel is mentioned only in the context of cooperative economic projects that the countries could potentially cooperate on, such as desalinifying the Dead Sea. it has a whole section on Palestinian border crossings and the free flow of goods, but never even mentions the Gaza blockade. it talks about building infrastructure to connect the West Bank to Gaza, but never mentions the fact that those connections would cross Israeli territory and that Israel would certainly demand control over them

also, most of the money for this economic development plan is assumed to come from the Gulf states and from private industry

this dude has a pretty good sum-up that highlights some of the absurdity
https://twitter.com/braunold/status/1142602102688112640
https://twitter.com/braunold/status/1142602105875832832
https://twitter.com/braunold/status/1142602110552420353

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
dti

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

using photos of beneficiaries of programs the Trump administration shut down to promote the plan is a flex

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

haha hey guys just give up :^)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a sad lol from me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

Palestinians: let's all convert to Chabad Lubavitcher and see what happens

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

wonder how long it took him to think of "current political and cultural ethos" as something to put between "Palestinians" and "is"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

nytimes letting people fully advocate for ethnic cleansing in their oped

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

lmao aipac will literally walk you to the gas chambers.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

DECULTURALIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it could be me not paying attention or western media not reporting it but does palestine not have some sort of rallying, inspiring figure after arafat?

maybe all the brave ones are shot when they're twelve

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Jun 24, 2019

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

translation: "why won't you savages just lie down and die already"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

it could be me not paying attention or western media not reporting it but does palestine not have some sort of rallying, inspiring figure after arafat?

the Israelis shot them all, op

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

the Israelis shot them all, op

lol i just edited that in

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Why Can't They Just Die?
By the Israeli ambassador to the UN
in the NY Times

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

there aren't any inspiring figures left from his generation

the old dudes who ended up inheriting all the power almost immediately started cracking down and suppressing political activity, because a new rallying and inspiring figure from the younger generations would be a threat to their own personal power. since the current Fatah leadership are effectively collaborators, Israel happily cooperates with them to arrest political figures who threaten the rule of the Fatah gerontocracy

Abbas' four-year presidential term started in 2005. elections have been "indefinitely postponed" for a decade. at one point even university elections were banned due to a rise of Hamas supporters in student governments

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
what about this guy?

anyone know what happened to him?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Suspicious posted:

what about this guy?

Yeah, A'ed Abu Amro. The IDF shot him in the leg a few weeks later but I think he is still alive.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Suspicious posted:

what about this guy?

Quality name/post combo imo.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Suspicious posted:

what about this guy?

shot twice in the legs. the second bullet hosed up his knee and paralyzed his toes, rendering him unable to continue either his protest participation or his bodybuilding career. dude carries crutches now, not slingshots

after several surgeries, he may recover the full use of his leg, which makes him better off than many of the thousands who've been shot at the border protests - these leg-snipe attacks have resulted in so many amputations that Gaza founded an amputee soccer team last year

still, it remains to be seen whether he'll get all those surgeries. medical supplies are scarce in Gaza, and medical expenses have already put his family into debt with at least two surgeries left to go

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
How can you say situation in Gaza is bad, if they are allowed to form amputee soccer teams? :suicide:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

99.7% of gazan amputees have access to sports

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/1143232944263311366

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the great march of return is some of the bravest poo poo I've ever seen to be honest

bravery is not something missing from the Palestinian struggle tbh

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
One day, I hope the whole world looks at the Palestinian march of return with the awe and reverence it deserves. Thousands of people, marching to a fence that Israel just set up one day, and asking to be let in only to be shot at with sniper rifles. And they stayed there for days, throwing rocks at people shooting at them from on walls with DMRs and scopes.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Grondoth posted:

One day, I hope the whole world looks at the Palestinian march of return with the awe and reverence it deserves. Thousands of people, marching to a fence that Israel just set up one day, and asking to be let in only to be shot at with sniper rifles. And they stayed there for days, throwing rocks at people shooting at them from on walls with DMRs and scopes.

"days" is not an appropriate term at this point. the border protests have been going on for over a year

over seven thousand people have been shot by Israeli soldiers using live ammo

a bunch of people were shot just over the last day or two, in fact:
:siren:WARNING, VIDEO CONTAINS DISTANT FOOTAGE OF A GUY BEING SHOT AND CARRIED OFF IN A STRETCHER:siren:
https://mobile.twitter.com/RT_com/status/1143270070921191424

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Oh god, I didn't realize it was still happening.

What kind of monsters take these shots? How can you see what you see down your scope and still pull the trigger?