Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Leeds fans were saying he'd be £20m a few months ago. Twice the player DJ is, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Everytime someone says DJ I think DJ Campbell

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bacon Terrorist posted:

David James for me

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I think Steven Gerrard.

Apparently Juve tried to offer Icardi to United in part exchange for Lukaku, but he didn't fancy the move (or Wanda didn't), and their offer of £60m isn't going to be enough as United want more like £85m.

I mean I kinda get it, but at the same time just get rid.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Der Shovel posted:

I think Steven Gerrard.

Apparently Juve tried to offer Icardi to United in part exchange for Lukaku, but he didn't fancy the move (or Wanda didn't), and their offer of £60m isn't going to be enough as United want more like £85m.

I mean I kinda get it, but at the same time just get rid.

Nice of Juve to give Inter a hand here.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Transfer speculation is so loving stupid that wouldn't shock me if his post was a copy/paste from a respected website.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

sassassin posted:

Leeds fans were saying he'd be £20m a few months ago. Twice the player DJ is, apparently.

He showed flashes of excellence last season, brilliant ball control at his feet and always willing to take people on from both sides of the pitch. In pure 1v1 situations I don't think I've seen many players his age better and who doesn't rely on pace. But he fell off massively after he had that fit on the side of the pitch against Boro and seemed to fall out of form and basically took up space until the end of the season.

He works really hard and is clearly very good technically but he's a bit lightweight physically so will need to work on that but if we get him loaned back as the rumours suggest I wouldn't mind the transfer too much if it means we get to keep Phillips, Jansson et al

We're also going to use the money to sign Helder Costa, Gianluigi Buffon and Dimitri Payet

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Arsenal have had a second bid for Tierney rejected this evening apparently. £15,000,001 this time.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gigi Galli posted:

Cristian Zapata to Genoa is likely to happen, Milan didn’t renew his contract. He was a good lad who didn’t complain when he got made second choice and he scored an injury time derby goal to draw Inter so I’ll miss him. Hope the does well.

Is this the same Zapata you were cursing out like 5 years ago

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is this the same Zapata you were cursing out like 5 years ago

That was 5 years ago! He got a lot better once he wasn’t first choice.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol, I meant Inter of course. I've just got Juve on the mind because of the de Ligt transfer.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently one of the problems with the Wan-Bissaka transfer was that United tried to offload a lot of the cost behind performance clauses, which is of course standard. One of the clauses was £15 million for winning the Champions League, which Crystal Palace rejected as "wildly unrealistic" :v:

Manchester Evening News reporting that United's transfer targets for the summer still include Sean Longstaff, Adrien Rabiot, Youri Tielemans and Declan Rice. Not exactly optimistic about those but guess we'll see.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jun 24, 2019

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
City have put in an £80m bid for Harry McGuire...

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hard to turn that sort of money down. Hopefully we can get a good replacement for half that and put the rest into tempting Tielemans to stay ("you'll probably get picked up for stupid money by city in 2 years time if you come here" is probably a selling point right?)

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 24, 2019

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

CyberPingu posted:

City have put in an £80m bid for Harry McGuire...

English tax + market conditions.

No way in loving hell that he's worth that. He's good but come on.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Will he even move at £80m? Of course he isn't worth that much but the world of football is crazy, City have all the money in the world, and Leicester know they can get a payday.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Der Shovel posted:

Will he even move at £80m? Of course he isn't worth that much but the world of football is crazy, City have all the money in the world, and Leicester know they can get a payday.

I think £80m is probably silly enough for Leicester to take the money and run.

There's plenty of almost comparable talent at Burnley, Brighton and so on that they could overpay £40m for and leave everyone happy.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That’s strong money

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Leicester should absolutely take that. It's mental money

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Much like Kyle Walker, hes not that good but will look like a loving worldbeater in a City team that doesnt need to rely on a strong backline.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
De Rossi has decided to stay in Italy rather than move his family to the US or Argentina. Samp and Fiorentina have apparently offered contracts already.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

De Rossi has decided to stay in Italy rather than move his family to the US or Argentina. Samp and Fiorentina have apparently offered contracts already.

Ballsy move, but he can def still play so good for him for wanting to stay in Europe. Apparently Commisso has given Fiorentina the OK to talk to Raiola re: Balotelli as well. De Rossi would actually be an excellent foil to Mario; I can see that working out well if Montella gets hit by a car and never manages again.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Are Roma supporters going to hate him for this

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Are Roma supporters going to hate him for this

Nah I think they will understand, especially since it was the club that effectively forced him out and Roma supporters hate the current regime.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

CyberPingu posted:

Much like Kyle Walker, hes not that good but will look like a loving worldbeater in a City team that doesnt need to rely on a strong backline.
Remind us when Kyle Walker looked like a world beater.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Xabi posted:

Remind us when Kyle Walker looked like a world beater.

World beater might be a stretch.

Did he not get in the PL team of the year over TAA somehow?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
“AC Milan have tabled their first offer for Torreira: A 2yr loan deal (for a maximum fee of 8m euros) with the obligation to buy for 38m euros which would be paid in full in one installment [via @SpazioMilan]”

lol get hosed Gazidis

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Lol it’s Galliani in a mask

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
My club bought Mikael Lustig from Celtic. Does he know how to kick a ball?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He sounds funny.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

shut up blegum posted:

My club bought Mikael Lustig from Celtic. Does he know how to kick a ball?

He used to be very a good and is personally popular with Celtic fans, but he's also like completely immobile now lol.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Her Dryer posted:

He used to be very a good

Wrong account Gigi

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bundy posted:

Wrong account Gigi

Mamma mia!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Manolas to Napoli sounds like it's definitely going to happen. Napoli are paying his €36m release clause to help out Roma in their FFP situation, and then Roma are buying Amadou Diawara from Napoli for some lower price than that.

I guess the big question is whether Manolas is replacing Koulibaly or will be starting alongside him.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Is it just me or is the window pretty soon so far?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Supposedly Neymar is going back to Barca on 400k a week :allears:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Swiss international striker Josip Drmic has signed for Norwich on a fr-fr-fr-fr-free transfer (rock the microphone).

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Supposedly Neymar is going back to Barca on 400k a week :allears:

Is that all? After tax surely

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Blue Star Error posted:

Swiss international striker Josip Drmic has signed for Norwich on a fr-fr-fr-fr-free transfer (rock the microphone).

Straight from the top of The Dom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gigi Galli posted:

Straight from the top of The Drm

ftfy