Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Texmo posted:

Could any US goons help me out? I've got a friend travelling over to the states soon, who's offered to pick things up for me, and I also want to pick up the new paint range without paying ten million New Zealand Bux. My original plan was just to get it shipped from the UK, but this way might be cheaper since it cuts out the shipping cost.

Could you guys please share any good US based online stores that offer good discounts on citadel's paint ranges? I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Ministomp.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
x-postin'

richyp posted:

Another Imperial Fist, trying to see how the same paint choices would look on a Riever instead of a Squad of Intercessors.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The orange is a bit strong for my taste, but you're getting better results than most of the people I see using Contrast.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's a pretty stylized look which I think works well.

Has anyone tried using Contrast on AdMech robes?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I am so excited for my sneakyboys. I only plan on painting the snipers and the captain for Nova, but they're all gonna get painted eventually and they seem painless.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm going to grab some Akhleian Green to use on some Skitarii robes so I will report back on this.

In the meantime, I have a primaris librarian. The paint job on his head sucks and I want to take it off and redo it. It's been glued down with citadel glue. Is this a thing I can accomplish or am I hosed?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I pry plastic glue off all the time, it's generally doable but sometimes there's some damage done. I use the grandpa edition red tube plastic cement, though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The Deleter posted:

I'm going to grab some Akhleian Green to use on some Skitarii robes so I will report back on this.

In the meantime, I have a primaris librarian. The paint job on his head sucks and I want to take it off and redo it. It's been glued down with citadel glue. Is this a thing I can accomplish or am I hosed?

Super glue? Freeze it and it should get brittle enough to snap off.

I’ve drilled small holes to pry stuff off before.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's plastic glue. I'll give it a wrestle later but I might have to put up with it if it won't come free.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Not admech specifically, but I haven't seen any application of contrast on flatish cloth similar to admech that doesn't look like garbage.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

The Deleter posted:

It's plastic glue. I'll give it a wrestle later but I might have to put up with it if it won't come free.

Plastic glue melts the two surfaces together into one. Freezing wont help with that, your best bet is some careful cutting and pulling.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The Deleter posted:

Plastic glue melts the plastic enough to bond it together. Its basically stuck.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
gently caress. Guess I'll just break out the smaller brushes and try and clean up. Thanks for the help. :)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Rip it apart with your mighty arms I believe in you.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

The Deleter posted:

gently caress. Guess I'll just break out the smaller brushes and try and clean up. Thanks for the help. :)

You might be able to get the paint off with a Q tip of iso, if you're careful. I wouldn't leave it on the plastic for any amount of time but it might do

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

JBP posted:

Rip it apart with your mighty arms I believe in you.

I would not have picked warhammer as a hobby if I had mighty arms, trust me :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'll probably post a thread in the SA mart but I'm looking to offload my Stormcast Eternals & Death Guard. Figured I'd post here first to gauge interest. For the DG I've got:

DG half of Dark Imperium
Daemon Prince
2x boxes of Plague Marines (maybe 3 actually)
1x Plague Marine Champion
1x Blightlord Terminators
1x Deathshroud Terminators
1x Foetid Bloatdrone
1x Mortarion (assembled, but a wing fell off :suicide:)
3x Myphitic Blight Haulers

I think that's everything, but I'd have to double-check when I get home if anyone's interested. Some of it is NIB, some of it is painted, most of it is unprimed. Given Morty's state he / everything would be fairly cheap, but I haven't settled on a price yet.

I would even throw in the Gellerpox Infected half of Kill Team: Rogue Trader.

e; is there any market for paints? I've got dozens and dozens of P3 / Vallejo / GW paints that I'd prefer not to simply throw away.

Continental USA

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jun 24, 2019

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I got Talassar blue for that exact purpose. Haven't gotten around to try it yet though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Deleter posted:

I break off plastic glued stuff all the time. The solvent bond is almost always weaker than the surrounding area.

Are you using the helmet or bare head? I have a spare bare head if you need it. Actually I might have both available.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Managed to get it off! Took a bit of work but it's free and not too dinged up. I'll paint it separately and put it back in later.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I break off plastic glued stuff all the time. The solvent bond is almost always weaker than the surrounding area.

Are you using the helmet or bare head? I have a spare bare head if you need it. Actually I might have both available.

Bare head, which was mistake #1 I feel!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Deleter posted:

Bare head, which was mistake #1 I feel!

If you need another send me a PM.

Incidentally if anyone has a spare Primaris Librarian shoulder pad I could really use it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sab669 posted:

I'll probably post a thread in the SA mart but I'm looking to offload my Stormcast Eternals & Death Guard. Figured I'd post here first to gauge interest. For the DG I've got:

DG half of Dark Imperium
Daemon Prince
1x Foetid Bloatdrone

I think that's everything, but I'd have to double-check when I get home if anyone's interested. Some of it is NIB, some of it is painted, most of it is unprimed. Given Morty's state he / everything would be fairly cheap, but I haven't settled on a price yet.

e; is there any market for paints? I've got dozens and dozens of P3 / Vallejo / GW paints that I'd prefer not to simply throw away.

I might be interested in a box or two of Marines and a pair of the Blight Haulers depending on the state of them/price. (I assume you're in the US?)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Apoc Focus: 1k sons and DG

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I might be interested in a box or two of Marines and a pair of the Blight Haulers depending on the state of them/price. (I assume you're in the US?)

Editted my post but yes, I'm in the US. I think 1 Blight Hauler is painted, 1 is assembled, and 1 is in the box still - but it might also be assembled. I'll check when I get home. That said I don't love the idea of piecing everything out because I know some of it will just never move. I do have PMs so we can talk about it more though.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is it weird that apoc isn't up for preorder yet? Everything I've seen is that it releases the 29th.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eifert Posting posted:

Is it weird that apoc isn't up for preorder yet? Everything I've seen is that it releases the 29th.

I thought it was preorders on the 29th.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

It goes up for pre-order the 29th.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, solid.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Sab669 posted:

DG half of Dark Imperium
Daemon Prince
1x Foetid Bloatdrone

Continental USA

I’d be interested in the blight lords and deathshroud

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Apoc unit datasheets are up

https://warhammer40000.com/apocalypse/datasheets/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

There has to be a typo in there. The Repulsor Executioner is 24 PL. The regular Repulsor is only 13. Hell Guilliman is only 15.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
This is an interesting design decision...

Reavers are gonna lose damage much quicker with a 5+ save against large blast markers, while I assume 3+ is the best possible save normally.

Titans also have to pay extra PL to take different guns.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

So Primaris Eliminators are listed with a gear option of “las-fusils” - hope that’s soon, Primaris need a replacement for Devastators. Having a viable, relatively cheap squad of lascannon-esque Primaris with 2 wounds each, a 1+ armor save in cover, and access to the Phobos-only psychic buffs from the Shadowspear box would do a lot for Primaris-only armies.

edit: I assume they lose the ability to target characters with those because lascannon sniper units would be hilarious

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

There has to be a typo in there. The Repulsor Executioner is 24 PL. The regular Repulsor is only 13. Hell Guilliman is only 15.

Apocalypse power levels have nothing to do with 40k power levels. The executioner is likely significantly more powerful than the normal repulsor.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
its also not so much that an executioner is twice as expensive so much as it is that the repulsor is cheap as hell in apoc, one costs as much as 10 intercessors.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It almost seems like the Executioner may be significantly better than the normal Repulsor in Apocalypse :thunk:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Heavy Laser Destroyer can reach across whole tables and sound tanks on 4+. That's the best i've seen scrolling through the datasheets. Also if the Executioner doesn't move, it gets to fire 4 shots with it.

Those points are well deserved.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Glad to see infantry squads can still take special weapons, etc.

Honestly, I can see playing this over regular 40k for 2,000 point games. It addresses the biggest issue with 40K, how loving long a game takes.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

The Heavy Laser Destroyer can reach across whole tables and sound tanks on 4+. That's the best i've seen scrolling through the datasheets. Also if the Executioner doesn't move, it gets to fire 4 shots with it.

Those points are well deserved.

The only things that wound tanks better are on titans and superheavies, and they mostly have significantly fewer shots. In a game of blowing up knights and titans the executioner looks extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Tyranid gargantuan creatures may actually be playable at last! Hierodules are pointed like Land Raider equivalents, the Harridan is a flying Baneblade and the Hierophant looks both killy and tough.