Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

morallyobjected posted:

Hasn't MJ basically almost always known, in every media?

She always knew in the "main" continuity but we didn't always know she knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh, so the deep dark secret of THE RATTLER is that he is a lame-rear end lizard expy.
:shuckyes:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
GIMME THE SNAKE JUICE DOC I'M JONESIN!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Alhazred posted:

So Spidey straight up tried to kill Mysterio.

No no no. Mysterio will just enter hibernation. And then his space son will shove him in a garbage can.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Man, if your name is Curtis you better expect some kind of reptilian presto-change-o transformation in your life. Either you or somebody you know.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
live by the deadly discus, die by the deadly discus.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mysterio may be dumber than Spider-Man.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Now they're doing the eye thing on purpose

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The eyes and the pec shadows make a very cute :3 face

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Johnny Walker posted:

Mysterio may be dumber than Spider-Man.

You're telling me Mysterio--is Danny Rand!?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Maybe, just spitballing here, he should have gone to a doctor instead of running to a chemical research facility he heard about in a bar somewhere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Isn't there a NSM story where he goes and gives blood and some guy at the hospital figures out the blood has all kinds of unique healing properties that he then tries to steal and market for himself?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Yes there was

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Yep:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that the doctor who wanted to make a fortune from Peter's blood lived in a giant gently caress-off mansion already.

Also he had a wife who he sent to bed and then didn't even bother checking on when the house was on fire :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jerusalem posted:

Also he had a wife who he sent to bed and then didn't even bother checking on when the house was on fire :allears:

It's just the northern lights!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JJJ: And you call them pictures.... pictures of Spider-Man! even though they are clearly fuzzy, out of focus messes that look like they were taken with a camera stuck in some high corner set to automatic?
Peter Parker (who is secretly Spider-Man): YES!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I love that the doctor who wanted to make a fortune from Peter's blood lived in a giant gently caress-off mansion already.

He's living off the profits from the colour-changing hospital gown he invented before.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wow! Now he can catch all the rats he wants!

I thought he was going to just fly into him and frankly that's a better plan.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Yeah, throw me that bigus discus of yours, throw it hard"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I can finally rearrange all the furniture in my house without having to call a friend over!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm half-man, half-rattler! From this moment on the world shall bow before...

Half & Half!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Call it what you want, but it's a circular saw blade, period. :colbert:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's a discus because it has the magical power of making everyone talk a lot more than they realistically should.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

It's a discus because it has the magical power of making everyone talk a lot more than they realistically should.

Spider-man: Discusion or Concussion?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I'm coming into this in the middle, but why would he not just... web to something else? I don't see why he would fall to his death unless his web shooters magically don't work again for no reason

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

morallyobjected posted:

I'm coming into this in the middle, but why would he not just... web to something else? I don't see why he would fall to his death unless his web shooters magically don't work again for no reason

Have you ever seen the TV show, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

Well, congrats. You're the first winner in Are You Smarter Than A Spider-Man!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

morallyobjected posted:

One of the more memorable strips we all joke about is Spider-Man falling off a roof and almost forgetting he had two webshooters and not just one.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
And that happened after he fell off the exact same roof, not two minutes (in comic time) earlier.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
And he wound up not using his other web shooter after being reminded. He switched what he was holding to the opposite hand, and used the same web-shooter he'd used less than a minute earlier.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
"Honey, don't forget you have two webshooters!" is up there with "But so does the spider!"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Samuringa posted:

"Honey, don't forget you have two webshooters!" is up there with "But so does the spider!"

I gotta give it to the spider, because at least Spidey had a mind whammy on him when he forgot about his web-shooters.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
potion, huh.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He just told you that Peter, you cant claim credit now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, I seriously expected another panel of him going,"Ye... yes I just told you that....?"

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Mikl posted:

Have you ever seen the TV show, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?

Well, congrats. You're the first winner in Are You Smarter Than A Spider-Man!

I thinkin this case it is more Are you smarter than a Mysterio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Newspaper Spider-Man: "I never dreamed the amazing Spider-Man could be so helpless!"