Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Uh, okay. Definitely going for the "limited edition" then. Thanks for letting me avoid this mistake! :-)

To be fair, it makes a $20 subscription only cost $10, so you're essentially only saving $10 by getting it and not the standard version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I say get your subscription then get 2 vouchers for $100. Get Mario Maker 2 and a Pokemon. You will want them on your system always.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is twitch still doing the free year thing anyway?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Asema posted:

is twitch still doing the free year thing anyway?

Yeah. I specifically checked when te promotion started and you still have several months to claim it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Some french guy is streaming it now.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ItBreathes posted:

Some french guy is streaming it now.

thank god you didn't link it so I can keep myself pure for release day

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

thank god you didn't link it so I can keep myself pure for release day

https://www.twitch.tv/a2ex59

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

RodShaft posted:

Thanks for the input.

Well, you and my son won. Here's what I consider the final version. I had to eliminate some cheese I didn't know was there until I threw it at a Twitch streamer last night cause I wanted to see how people play it. And just modified the excavation a bit.

0377-0000-03EE-903A

I tried adding random things to set off bombs, but none of them actually made the level any more fun. But if I go for a straight hard level I have some ideas.

Wow, I just saw you got TheDragonFeeney to play your level. She cheesed the ending of course.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
He was just playing an underground Night theme level and it struck me, you could do some really cool levels inspired by 80s slasher flicks. Hidden Thwomps that can't hit you, but still shake the screen, a Boss that you see flashes of here and there throughout the level before you fight him at the end.

There's some serious potential there I think.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Q_res posted:

He was just playing an underground Night theme level and it struck me, you could do some really cool levels inspired by 80s slasher flicks. Hidden Thwomps that can't hit you, but still shake the screen, a Boss that you see flashes of here and there throughout the level before you fight him at the end.

There's some serious potential there I think.

You should play Yoshi's Crafted World, which actually had a slasher flick level.

You'd hit one of those tutorial blocks that would just say "Behind You" when a monster popped out of the background.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Phantasium posted:

You should play Yoshi's Crafted World, which actually had a slasher flick level.

You'd hit one of those tutorial blocks that would just say "Behind You" when a monster popped out of the background.

Yoshi's Crafted World is a really good game if you don't mind Good Feel platformers and just want something that is chill.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Unlucky7 posted:

Yoshi's Crafted World is a really good game if you don't mind Good Feel platformers and just want something that is chill.

:yeah:

Also don’t try to 100% it. It’s a pretty miserable experience then.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mario maker soon

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

:yeah:

Also don’t try to 100% it. It’s a pretty miserable experience then.

Too late. It wouldn't be so bad if they just unlocked all the scavenger hunts off the bat instead of making you repeatedly enter and exit a stage for each one (especially when some stages have what feels like ten of them).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krnvyYrCfEs

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

J-Spot posted:

Wow, I just saw you got TheDragonFeeney to play your level. She cheesed the ending of course.

That's actually who my son made it for. I sent it to her before we fixed the cheese. My son loves watching her play because "it's like how Daddy plays, but without all the dying."
We got into watching her after sometime suggested it in this or the SPEEDRUNNING thread.

The first bit of the level with koopa and the bomb tower was something I was experimenting with then when my son rebuilt it he added the excavation bit because he apparently heard her say she loves excavation levels (could have been sarcasm I don't remember it) and that Mario World is her favorite type (which may be true, I think I remember that but I watch a few streamers and it could have been any of them).

He was CRAZY excited she played it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo thats awesome

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Feeney is great to watch because she is so positive. A lot of the other mario runners I watch are nice enough people, but they get super salty, which I find tiring

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

eonwe posted:

Feeney is great to watch because she is so positive. A lot of the other mario runners I watch are nice enough people, but they get super salty, which I find tiring

the downside though is that when she does get salty it's still all 'what the flippin heck' like i'm listening to a church camp counselor swear

and like, obviously i get why but it's still kinda annoying and throws me off when i'm watching

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does Feeney do exaggerated reactions and like shout "Nooooo! I got trolled!" and such? My kid watches DGR who is getting on my last nerve and I'd love to offer him an alternative.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hmm no not really

as far as twitch personalities go she is pretty normal an not exaggerated

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

If you feel the need to paste a recording of your face into your video game stream/video then you are trash and not worth watching.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
some people enjoy talking with streamers and it gives it a more personal feel, different strokes i guess

most of the streamers I watch, I prefer seeing them via webcam

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

yeah her reactions to things seem pretty genuine and not overly played up because she's on stream or anything. she'll get annoyed if something annoying happens but in a way a normal person would

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

RodShaft posted:

he added the excavation bit because he apparently heard her say she loves excavation levels (could have been sarcasm I don't remember it)

Oh god I laughed out loud at that. It’s definitely sarcasm but I can see where a kid would not pick up on it based on her delivery. That is awesome that she played it though.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Does Feeney do exaggerated reactions and like shout "Nooooo! I got trolled!" and such? My kid watches DGR who is getting on my last nerve and I'd love to offer him an alternative.

She’s extremely chill and doesn’t do troll levels or the whole no-skip super expert rage stuff.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Agreed on the previous points on Feeney being very chill and positive. I love how if a level wasn't totally garbage she'll politely say "That was a nice level," after completing it.

I was going to say DGR was the worst, but then I remembered I actually saw a minute of DashieXP or whatever it is. Loud and obnoxious as gently caress, but that seems to be what the kids are into these days.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Syun is also good, but he'll beat his head against a terrible level forever which can be kinda boring

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I say get your subscription then get 2 vouchers for $100. Get Mario Maker 2 and a Pokemon. You will want them on your system always.

Seems like a good idea, except you mispronounced "Dragon Quest Builders 2" as pokemon

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Recent discovery Blue Television Games and HD seems fairly chill and doesn't freak out, but uploads a video like every God drat day, that's too much content.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Meme Emulator posted:

Seems like a good idea, except you mispronounced "Dragon Quest Builders 2" as pokemon

I'm not sure if DQ Builders 2 is in the voucher program, though I know DQ11S is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My take is that both cam and no-cam can work but what I can't stand is "thanks for the ten bits xxsephirothgoku69xx, thanks for subscribing weednaruto" for minutes on end after every death, so I just follow the youtube channels of the streamers instead where they post edited content

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I have to admit that I'm ok with him maybe half the time, but this poo poo with his loving face is ridiculous and dumb and I hate it so much.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I have to admit that I'm ok with him maybe half the time, but this poo poo with his loving face is ridiculous and dumb and I hate it so much.

it's dumb as hell, but you can't argue against 764k views

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just tell youtube I'm not interested in the channels of people who do that, with the exception of a few people like CarlSagan

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

it's dumb as hell, but you can't argue against 764k views

Yeah, I get that's why he does it, but ugh.

loving youtube viewers who don't know any better :argh:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If you don't mind the language barrier, Asuka is a Japanese Mario Maker player that's really good. She's chill, plays a lot of Super Expert-style stuff, and edits her videos to cut out most of the constant repeats if she dies a lot.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I never did get SMM1 but it suddenly dawned on me that vertical levels mean Mario pinball tables and I'm stoked.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Takoluka posted:

If you don't mind the language barrier, Asuka is a Japanese Mario Maker player that's really good. She's chill, plays a lot of Super Expert-style stuff, and edits her videos to cut out most of the constant repeats if she dies a lot.

She's really funny if you understand japanese, too

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Friend's I simply can't wait to yell at the lovely levels you make and then also post my lovely abominations so you can tell me how much you yelled at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

cheetah7071 posted:

She's really funny if you understand japanese, too

Yeah, I'm definitely a fan of hers.