Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Seth is basically what CM Punk would've been if he were besties with Triple H instead of them hating each other from day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Also Seth Rollins wrestling nerd would probably really like to do the G1 and prove his is great, but he cant and now Moxley is doing it and he has to justify his choices.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I still can't get over how monumentally stupid the early one about 'name me someone currently wrestling better than me'. Like, I could pick 2 or 3 guys INSIDE the WWE, and if you follow wrestling outside there, there's about 10-20 names that immediately come to mind. Like, what would he have said if Okada had responded?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's particularly hysterical for Seth, the top champ in the top company, one of the most consistently well-paid and well-pushed people in the most famous well-known richest and most successful wrestling company in history, to still feel like the underdog just because fans are tuning out in droves, the ones who stay 1) boo or 2) chant for alternative products, and his friend just left (for very good reasons) for one of said alternatives

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, even if you are objectively the best in the world you're still an rear end in a top hat if you're on Twitter declaring your dominance over every other peer.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, even if you are objectively the best in the world you're still an rear end in a top hat if you're on Twitter declaring your dominance over every other peer.

Eh people in sports do that. It’s part of their charm.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

stephanie and hhh have been givin regular pep talks at weekly tv and major shows to try to up morale

“We really need you guys to #StandUpForWWE because this competition might lower the ratio at which we exploit value from your labor”

Seth: “Ok!”

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

stephanie and hhh have been givin regular pep talks at weekly tv and major shows to try to up morale

This would make me want to quit more.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
is there any kind of entertainment that viscerally hates its fans to the extent that pro wrestling does?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

is there any kind of entertainment that viscerally hates its fans to the extent that pro wrestling does?

magic the gathering

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Comics, video games, honestly most fan bases.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Comics, video games, honestly most fan bases.

my reply was initially going to be DC.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

and then melting down further when a peer goes "hm"

for real his response to ospreay was just straight-up embarrassing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

considering ospreay and ricochet's friendship its probably just harmless ribbing while seth is getting himself over. i wouldnt be surprised if ricochet gave seth the tweet.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Wasn't Ricochet on record as saying the only reason he wasn't in WWE in like 2015 or so was because of those draconian Lucha Underground contracts that he couldn't get out of until last year? I seem to recall him in particular saying something to that effect. He's been around long enough that I don't fault him for entering the "gently caress the art of it i want paychecks so i can live decently when i'm 50+" phase of his career but I can absolutely fault him for his fuckin' cop-rear end cop tweets telling guys in Japan and the indies to "join the club" or whatever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ricochet is a wwe dreamer. his goals are very specifically to be a top guy in WWE.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

it's more hilarious though that it was doubled down on after a main event that was dogshit and had the crowd turn against it, like why die on that hill. save it for when you aren't wrestling baron corbin while lacey evans is hitting you in the nards

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna be super fun when Tacos and ZSJ have a better match than the Seth's last main event

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Warhammer aka Games Workshop

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Between Seth, Ricochet, and Dunne, who is the biggest Fed Cop?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

NienNunb posted:

Ric is still the king even tho the pretenders have been nibbling at the throne this week.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Dunne is young enough I can easily see him realizing how much of a dumbass he's currently being in a few years. Unless Vince does something catastrophically bad to Seth and Ricochet they're beyond help I think.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ricochet is a wwe dreamer. his goals are very specifically to be a top guy in WWE.

Huh, he's really bad at it, then, given he made his name working a style WWE hates.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Ricochet is the chief of police

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

it's very weird to me that there's a wrestler called No Fun Dunne who's gimmick is that he's a cop and yet he's still less of a cop than Pete Dunne

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/1143309953500762112

https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/1143309453464240128

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1142980558869299201

lol this loving sucks

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Why is WWE sadly shipping its wrestlers? This is awkward. Are they gonna release a youtube music video next?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
WWEMVs are the next step in WWE production, yes.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
this is pathetic hahahaha

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Pete Dunng and Ricoshit

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’ve said from the beginning that Seth and becky’s relationship is a work.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The list of on screen Wrestling couples that have worked out is how big? Like it has to have at most maybe 2-3?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

It just feels really creepy the way the WWE is trying to exploit a real life relationship.

I have seen other times in wrestling when it has worked a whole lot better, (Joey Ryan's proposal is the first that comes to mind), but what WWE is doing now just seems so forced, and wooden and tacky.

Like more tacky than the Edge/Lita stuff, and more awkward.

How long before one, (or more), of their title belt feuds becomes over a love triangle? i.e. Lacey starts hitting on Seth, so Becky gets mad and wants to fight abpuot that (which is more important than her title). Or Baron Corbin hits on Becky, so Seth needs to fight for her honour, (because she is just a girl and needs a strong man to do her fighting).

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The list of on screen Wrestling couples that have worked out is how big? Like it has to have at most maybe 2-3?

Trent+Dustin
Kenny and Kota
Miz+Maryse
Bryan+Brie

Although that first one is a joke, the second has never been officially confirmed, and the last two were married before it was even confirmed on screen that they were a couple. So I dunno how much they count.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 25, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know if its "creepy" but it definitely is coming off like someone on tumblr who cares a little too much about their favorite show.

Maybe WWE is targeting a specific demo.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe WWE is targeting a specific demo.

Whoever's left.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This is the sort of forced poo poo that will ruin their relationship, make them bitterly resent one another and result in a massive falling out while WWE forces them to remain a couple on camera.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is the sort of forced poo poo that will ruin their relationship, make them bitterly resent one another and result in a massive falling out while WWE forces them to remain a couple on camera.

Part of the plan

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

feature not a bug, etc

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
lol just lol if you want seth rollins to be happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

STAC Goat posted:

Shane McMahon isn't an rear end in a top hat on Twitter.