Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rogu going to hell, but he not going alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I'm concerned they're overusing Rogu, as much as I love him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Loomer posted:

This is his second speaking role I think.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yo I’m watching Season 2 and good LORD this Log Cabins Republicans episode has aged terribly

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
You got Rogu'd.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo I’m watching Season 2 and good LORD this Log Cabins Republicans episode has aged terribly

Yeah I always gotta skip that one.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Steve only had a few scenes, but they were gold.

"Why do you keep leaving?!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

"What airline are you flying on?"

".....Frontier....."

"Good. They'll finish the job."

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I want to know what events lead to Jeff accidentally seeing Tuttle's penis.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Vastarien posted:

I want to know what events lead to Jeff accidentally seeing Tuttle's penis.

Tuttle washed himself in his front yard

It's also why Roger was waiting in the garage

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I swear every episode this season has had a least one gut buster.

This one: Francine's Sesame Street bang list. "You'll have the same conversation with your daughter one day"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Clarke Michael Duncan?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Loomer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naim9F4010

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

the first couple seasons are just rough, Stan is an huge rear end in a top hat in ways that aren't really funny like later seasons

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I was prepared for that. The Log Cabins Republicans episode is like straight up literal hate speech at times and I know it’s from like 15 years ago but it’s still really weird to think of that as being from a post-9/11 America.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I was prepared for that. The Log Cabins Republicans episode is like straight up literal hate speech at times and I know it’s from like 15 years ago but it’s still really weird to think of that as being from a post-9/11 America.

It's strange because it's very obviously pro-gay or at least anti-homophobia, but it's the sort of tone-deaf gay jokes that make you wonder whether a straight guy who never met a gay person wrote the jokes, or if gay people wrote the jokes not considering their audience might take them at face value.

Some gay people say the most bigoted jokes I know about homosexuality, but it lands very differently in a group of queer folk than it would to get laffs from straights.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Considering the social landscape at the time, I’m willing to bet the writers room was 9 straight white guys who had one or two closeted gay friends or relatives and a brown lady intern.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Loomer posted:

A side character getting mined to exhaustion seems to be the standard for every season going back to Reginald.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like if anything they've been kind of underusing Rogu. I've been expecting a full-on Rogu episode but it's just been quick little jokes so far.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They ran Reginald into the ground, but I will never not laugh at him telling Bullock, "Oh, we gonna go fight in a field."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cheesers season when!?!??

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Reginald was a case where they told us he would be this hilarious gag character, and then in practice he wasn't.

So far Rogu has been doing fine as a gag character.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I don't even remember where Rogu comes from, this show has been on for so long it's really hard to remember this stuff

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't even remember where Rogu comes from, this show has been on for so long it's really hard to remember this stuff

During the episode where Stan takes on Roger's personas, Roger's forehead gets pregnant and bursts out with Rogu.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

TheFattestPat posted:

Reginald was a case where they told us he would be this hilarious gag character, and then in practice he wasn't.

So far Rogu has been doing fine as a gag character.
The show has such a deep bench that it only makes it more palpable when a character just doesn't work out

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I just didn't like the scene where Rogu was Hayley. That was the exact amount I'd consider "too much Rogu". He was awesome everywhere else.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

MizPiz posted:

I just didn't like the scene where Rogu was Hayley. That was the exact amount I'd consider "too much Rogu". He was awesome everywhere else.

Sounds like you got Rogu'd lol

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Last Chance posted:

Sounds like you got Rogu'd lol

I wish :sigh:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Isn’t Rogu specific to this current season? I’ve seen every episode on Hulu like 10 times and have no recollection of him.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Reginald was truly the Scrappy Doo of this series, so I'm expecting him to come back as a crazed supervillain in the future

...or Rogu can just dress up as Reginald and have no one ever comment on the difference.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think he was stuffed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Whatever happened to Suck Boy Tony?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
WHY DO YOU KEEP LEAVING????

Man that was a real classic episode.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

He needs a season dedicated to him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Coaaab posted:

Reginald was truly the Scrappy Doo of this series, so I'm expecting him to come back as a crazed supervillain in the future

...or Rogu can just dress up as Reginald and have no one ever comment on the difference.

Reginald was much better than scrappy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Truly the best side character

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Truly the best side character

not in a world where Del Monaco lives

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Croc posted:

not in a world where Del Monaco lives

Suck Boy Tony probably lives with Del Monaco.

You have an Alien?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

twistedmentat posted:

Suck Boy Tony probably lives with Del Monaco.

Our coke dealer?