Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

dobbymoodge posted:

By volume? What, is it a frat house?

You heard that a goon lives there, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

dobbymoodge posted:

By volume? What, is it a frat house?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Freaking Crumbum posted:

after having just moved to a new house about a month ago, i can confirm i will never move with my extant furniture again. whenever i sell my current house i'm selling it fully furnished and the new owner can burn it all in the back yard for all i care. i'll start fresh in the new house with new poo poo because loving having to move that much poo poo again.

I get what you mean but I feel like 90% of the pain in moving is packing and unpacking little fiddly poo poo.
Physically moving the furniture and the whitegoods is straightforward.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just had to pack up 80% of my house into the remaining 20% of the house to get the carpets replaced.

Even that was a loving nightmare and I'm just going to leave a lot of my stuff boxed up because holy poo poo I've got a fuckload of useless crap.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

I just had to pack up 80% of my house into the remaining 20% of the house to get the carpets replaced.

Even that was a loving nightmare and I'm just going to leave a lot of my stuff boxed up because holy poo poo I've got a fuckload of useless crap.

I just discovered some game changing information this year (the Year of Too Many Renovations).

I can hire a local moving company and they will do an in house move. Basically stuff all my poo poo into two rooms while I work on the floors of the rest of the house for a couple hundred bucks. Then when I'm done, I hire them again to move everything back. It is worth every single penny.

I also found out there are companies out there that basically do nothing but break down and haul away boxes, old furniture (which they will donate and give me a receipt for if in good enough condition), and some small appliances.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Does anyone else remember that show on TLC (before it became the Utter Trash Channel) where a professional organizer would come in and help homeowners purge their belongings, while their house got redecorated? I miss that show.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I know I have so much junk just waiting in the boxes for me to release them.

But I have you trapped now.

You will never be free.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I feel bad for starting this derail in an awesome thread....

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

~Coxy posted:

I get what you mean but I feel like 90% of the pain in moving is packing and unpacking little fiddly poo poo.

believe it or not, i feel the exact opposite. i don't care about boxing up all my clothing or the hall junk closet or all the silverware, but the actual furniture we own is f-ing heavy and my wife is a small lady, so i'd be doing most of it solo, and to top it off we're in a 2-story now, so i'd have to move most of the heaviest poo poo down a flight of stairs with 2 different 90 degree turns.

if / when i sell this place, definitely just leaving everything where it is and making that a contingency on the sale. "i'm not moving poo poo. you can keep it or burn it or do whatever you want with it, but i don't want it"

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Burt Sexual posted:

I feel bad for starting this derail in an awesome thread....

poo poo, my bad.

here's something i stumbled upon when my wife found one of those "worst homes for sale" instgrams

when my guests need to use the toilet, i definitely want them to have to solve a magic eye puzzle first

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Freaking Crumbum posted:

poo poo, my bad.

here's something i stumbled upon when my wife found one of those "worst homes for sale" instgrams

when my guests need to use the toilet, i definitely want them to have to solve a magic eye puzzle first

Jesus Christ.

I hate everything about that.

E: are those bare pipes for radiant heat?

E2: Is that toilet paper conveniently located so you get third degree burns from said pipes every time you need to wipe your rear end?

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 22, 2019

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

They're probably towel-warming racks, at least I hope.

Imagine coming home blitzed and trying to use the toilet, if I wasn't already nauseous those patterns would definitely do me in.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Strabo4 posted:

Imagine coming home blitzed and trying to use the toilet, if I wasn't already nauseous those patterns would definitely do me in.
I’m pretty sure when you come home drunk to that bathroom, you just say screw it, piss directly on the floor, then deal with it the next morning.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

~Coxy posted:

I'm fit, big, and strong for my age (pushing 40), but nothing made me feel more like an old than watching the movers, who were also college football players, just hoist multi-hundred pound solid wood furniture onto their backs and carry it down 2 flights of stairs. I used to move heavy, mostly-metal office furniture as my college job as well, and I remember how I could pretty much beat the poo poo out of my back and body with no repercussions.

Moving is unskilled labor, but it's *hard* labor. It's amazing how cheap it actually is, considering what it's worth to not be totally exhausted with a sore back for 2 days.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah when i moved into my first house i hired movers, and i was straight humbled at how in the way i was and i have always been like the guy to help you move before (until i paid off my "ill help you move" debts )

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

MagusofStars posted:

I’m pretty sure when you come home drunk to that bathroom, you just say screw it, piss directly on the floor, then deal with it the next morning.

But at least if you puke nobody will notice.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you wouldnt need to even clean it up really if you put one of those air fresheners in there

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Took me about 15 seconds to even see that there was a sink in there.

I want to see what's hanging from the roof, but I'm afraid.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

B-Nasty posted:

I'm fit, big, and strong for my age (pushing 40), but nothing made me feel more like an old than watching the movers, who were also college football players, just hoist multi-hundred pound solid wood furniture onto their backs and carry it down 2 flights of stairs. I used to move heavy, mostly-metal office furniture as my college job as well, and I remember how I could pretty much beat the poo poo out of my back and body with no repercussions.

Moving is unskilled labor, but it's *hard* labor. It's amazing how cheap it actually is, considering what it's worth to not be totally exhausted with a sore back for 2 days.

When I moved in to my place one of the older but still hard-working movers joked "Don't you wish you'd stayed in school?".

I said nothing because what am I going to say? "No because I did and that's why I'm not lugging someone else's furniture in my 30s"?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I thought the mirror was a piece of abstract wall art at first glance :psyduck: There’s no crime of design or color-failure this bathroom isn’t willing to commit.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Megillah Gorilla posted:

You can't see it?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

My mind says gaudy, pink chandelier.

But my heart says the draped intestines of last night's victims.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's anal beads.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Dunno-Lars posted:

It's anal beads.

All beads are anal beads if you're a go-getter.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's a sailboat

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

Splicer posted:

It's a sailboat

I appreciate this one

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

If you're living near a golf course, presumably you would not opt for a design that involves large panes of glass.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

^^^^ Whoah!

And in far less garish, but just as stupid, design decisions:

Looks like one of those Canadian electrical substations hidden inside a fake house.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Splicer posted:

It's a sailboat

I would have said schooner.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzsiq5R1eeM&t=264s

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

gently caress the water closet, what’s coming out the vents?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress the water closet, what’s coming out the vents?

No poo poo. It looked like they were rolling coal in there.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Furnace fire

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I was hoping there was one near my place to check out, but wow, not a one anywhere CLOSE to downtown or the old city.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The video title says 1.8 bath when it should be 1⅛ (or 1.125.) :colbert:

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

~Coxy posted:

The video title says 1.8 bath when it should be 1⅛ (or 1.125.) :colbert:

I'm guessing he just typed it in as he said it "one eights" bathroom or something :v:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
And how the hell is it an eighth of a bathroom? A half-bath is toilet and sink so woudln't just a toilet be a quarter? Also, wash your hands in the tank I guess.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The 1/8 is european bidet

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
A "urinal" consisting of a funnel poked through an exterior wall so it drains outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
ba