Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

Serf posted:

root for the most entertaining character

which is why you should support the shadow king

this is the correct choice, azizam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I'm going to need more drugs.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Am I bumping this thread just because I wanted to share season 3 promo artwork? Yes I am.

https://twitter.com/LegionFX/status/1130880936587997185

https://twitter.com/LegionFX/status/1133417651739463680

https://twitter.com/LegionFX/status/1135591979771973635

There's more artwork and several clips on their Twitter.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The third and finals season premieres tomorrow, here is an excellent recap of the first two seasons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlXutdI7eEc

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I couldn't find a collection of all of them, but Marvel has been advertising this show in all my Marvel comics for the last month. Usually they're page #2 (back of the front cover), and they're stunning.

https://www.marvel.com/tv-shows/legion/3

Edit: Ugh they put season 2 out on DVD only.

IUG fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 24, 2019

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I had no idea this was back on so soon

I also have no idea what the hell is going on

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 25, 2019

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Codependent Poster posted:

I had no idea this was back on so soon

I also have no idea what the hell is going on

:same:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
This is loving wild man

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like bringing in a time traveler since it pretty much takes from Legon's most famous moment

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
lol I’m so giddy this show is back, this was great

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Very strong start to the season

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So David definitely wants to go back in time and either kill his father or just erase himself from existence.

BelDin
Jan 29, 2001
Or he might want to prevent Farouk getting in his brain as a child, which makes him even worse.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

"Is this a cult?"

"Yes!"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Excellent premiere. Glad to see the show hasn't lost a step in the "trippy visual" department, and the time traveler presents some fun possibilities.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
That's some good finger gun

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Whoa, I had been listening to Superorganism's "Something For Your M.I.N.D." a lot recently, so hearing it here was a bit of a trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPS-Cq4uMFs

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Majorian posted:

Unfortunately, Syd is pretty clearly guilty of rape herself (ie: her mom’s boyfriend), and both the writers and many viewers seem to have given her a pass on that because she was a lonely disturbed teen. So we’ll see if they deal with David’s rehabilitation any better; I hope they do.

e: oops, that was an old post. Sorry about that!

Syd is guilty of it, but they spent a whole episode in season 2 dealing with it and David willing to look past it, although maybe that's because he was just desperate for love and attention.

Everyone's hosed up on the show, more or less.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Slightly Absurd posted:

Whoa, I had been listening to Superorganism's "Something For Your M.I.N.D." a lot recently, so hearing it here was a bit of a trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPS-Cq4uMFs

their main guy is a rapist, so they're an extremely apt choice!

night slime
May 14, 2014
Second time travel scene of David leading Switch through the hallway kinda reminded me of the first season with the escape from Division 3. Kind of messed up that David takes like 30 seconds to kill the Division 3 guy capturing Switch.

https://twitter.com/legionfx/status/1143354499957850113

I won one. :colbert:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I like bringing in a time traveler since it pretty much takes from Legon's most famous moment

I was wondering if they were going to go legion quest at some point in this series. I’m super excited now to see what the end of the world is.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Stephanie Corneliussen (Joanna Wellick on Mr. Robot) plays David’s mother this season.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AnEdgelord posted:

Very strong start to the season

Yeah much improved and I even kinda liked last one

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Haven't read the posts since the episode dropped but I'm 12 minutes in right now and yup I'm watching a Legion episode alright

e: that owned and I'm so glad this show is back

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 25, 2019

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:lsd:
Letting his recruits fight with trained soldiers, which he is willing to kill without hesitation.
Not to mention just reading minds without the slightest notion of consent, and building a loving love cult to himself.

I'm wondering just how close to the abyss David would go before he's willing to concede that he actually needs people who'd keep him in check.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

did you see last season? He'll go to the end of the world*.

*according to unreliable narrator**
**with an ax to grind

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
This show is still a bit up its own rear end, but S3 has the kind of “gently caress it let’s go all out”-ness to it that I am fully on board with and I am thoroughly entertained. S2 was a lot of “nah let’s not advance the narrative much and instead deviate to weird conversations.”

If you’re gonna be prone to flights of fancy and tangents, go the gently caress all out.

I’m 100% back in.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I can't believe I've seen a stage hook in 2019, in a live action show, in a scene that has nothing to do with theatre.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Feenix posted:

This show is still a bit up its own rear end, but S3 has the kind of “gently caress it let’s go all out”-ness to it that I am fully on board with and I am thoroughly entertained. S2 was a lot of “nah let’s not advance the narrative much and instead deviate to weird conversations.”

If you’re gonna be prone to flights of fancy and tangents, go the gently caress all out.

I’m 100% back in.

I agree with you, I was completely ready to give up and this episode starts us off with style.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

double nine posted:

I can't believe I've seen a stage hook in 2019, in a live action show, in a scene that has nothing to do with theatre.

The tea cup spinning in the air after dude got the hook was pure Looney Tunes and I loved it very much.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I was getting excited to see some sort of weird superpower dude who wields cartoon props and makes things go all toontown but the semi-fakeout reveal of it just being standard armed goons with a giant cane was pretty :golfclap:

This was a really strong start.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I loved the clear pipe representing (I assume) how hidden and secure David's hideout was and how to get to him, you have to go through the in-between places.

double nine posted:

I thought that it was a clever way to represent Farok's power or something to remove him then laughed out loud at the replay.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

double nine posted:

The real joke here is that it wasn’t even a mind-magic hook. THEY LITERALLY HAD A GIANT COMICAL HOOK. I had assumed Faroukh had done that with his brain at first...

I just read an IGN review of the first six eps that praised last night but said it was a shame the following 5 eps seemed really hollow after it and that they overuse the musical numbers.

Boo.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Feenix posted:

The real joke here is that it wasn’t even a mind-magic hook. THEY LITERALLY HAD A GIANT COMICAL HOOK. I had assumed Faroukh had done that with his brain at first...

I just read an IGN review of the first six eps that praised last night but said it was a shame the following 5 eps seemed really hollow after it and that they overuse the musical numbers.

Boo.

unpossible :colbert:

don't be a disappointing show plz :pray:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
David going full ham after getting his arm sliced was everything I wanted to see from a "power fight" on this show. If it's all dance numbers from here on out, good.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I've never read the books, but kind of got the sense that they were trying to capture some comic frames, a la Watchmen.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I loved the musical number. Great episode.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Was Syd holding a tooth at the end? and did that belong to Switch?

Offhand it seems like there is something where David can't protect himself from Syd. She wastes him 2 times and you can see other randoms shoot at him and not really get anything done even when he doesn't see it coming. Maybe its degrees of people he cares about who can do him harm because kerry got to chop his arm off. Or maybe its the end of scarface twice.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Goofballs posted:

Offhand it seems like there is something where David can't protect himself from Syd. She wastes him 2 times and you can see other randoms shoot at him and not really get anything done even when he doesn't see it coming. Maybe its degrees of people he cares about who can do him harm because kerry got to chop his arm off. Or maybe its the end of scarface twice.

When she was time traveling earlier she wiggled a tooth. Guessing that means each time she jumps she causes damage to herself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Goofballs posted:

Medullah posted:

When she was time traveling earlier she wiggled a tooth. Guessing that means each time she jumps she causes damage to herself

Ya it was when she went thru the door to Farouk. I'm. Guessing bigger jump, you lose more of yourself