Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

ChiTownEddie posted:

I picked up Darvish last week as a stash but I am already tempted to start him. DO I ROLL THE DARVISH DIE?!

Roll with me brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Darvish's 6.00 ERA today actually lowered my team ERA for the week.

:(

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Why, oh why did I draft Robinson Cano and Jameson Tailon in every league?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Go cancel your trade offers.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1142175958033678337

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

LMAO. So drop in a roto? How many games are we in so far?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Simpsons Reference posted:

LMAO. So drop in a roto? How many games are we in so far?

In a redraft he's a drop, he would have time for like 2 starts upon returning.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Thought Bauer was fixed 😔

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

quote:

You've asked for him. We heard you.

On Tuesday, June 25, Tampa Bay Rays prospect Brendan McKay (Pitcher) will become available on waivers in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball.

At that time, those rostering McKay (1B) will be updated to McKay (Batter), retaining 1B eligibility.

Uh, that's not what we asked for

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Uh, that's not what we asked for

I cannot fathom how lovely their web devs are where they cannot code the same guy to be able to get hitter or pitcher stats depending where you place him in your starting lineup.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Two Ohtanis was an unforgivable sin and I’ve been trying to move my home league off Yahoo ever since

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Two Ohtanis turned the most fun possible player in fantasy history into just another dude, it was total bullshit

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bregor posted:

Two Ohtanis was an unforgivable sin and I’ve been trying to move my home league off Yahoo ever since

Spoeank posted:

Two Ohtanis turned the most fun possible player in fantasy history into just another dude, it was total bullshit

Everyone clearly asked for this.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'll never forgive Yahoo. Also all pitcher's batting should count to nerf people who load up on NL pitchers in Petco and Oracle while rewarding those who draft boss rear end I ain't getting struck out pitchers.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Michael Pineda :negative:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why, oh why did I draft Robinson Cano and Jameson Tailon in every league?

Jameson Taillon really burned me this year and I don't want to drop him.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Okay so I was out of town all weekend and haven’t ready any articles about FAAB targets. Am I gonna miss anything huge by punting this week?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Bobby Bradley?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
He of the 32% strikeout rate EGAD

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Threw a bunch of random bids out, ended up getting Adbert Alzolay for $22 in a 15-team ($1000 budget). Top bid was Logan Allen for $76. Slow week I guess.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Bregor posted:

It's frustrating because I really really like Yahoo as a fantasy platform but they had to do this one insanely lazy thing.

Doltos posted:

I'll never forgive Yahoo. Also all pitcher's batting should count to nerf people who load up on NL pitchers in Petco and Oracle while rewarding those who draft boss rear end I ain't getting struck out pitchers.
Brandon Woodruff :c00l:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Jordan Hicks has a torn UCL.

Add Carlos Martinez, probably?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

add the Martinez

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

Jordan Hicks has a torn UCL.

Add Carlos Martinez, probably?

I've seen Gant, Gallegos, and CarMart as the specs.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think it's meant to be Gant.

quote:

General manager John Mozeliak said Sunday on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM that Gant is likely to fill in at closer while Jordan Hicks nurses a triceps injury.
From yesterday

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Don’t need to add Gant if you already got him. :c00l:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember when Andrew Miller was supposed to be the closer?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Rand alPaul posted:

Remember when Andrew Miller was supposed to be the closer?

No.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress Pitching forever but this season especially F U C K P I T C H I N G

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

gently caress Pitching forever but this season especially F U C K P I T C H I N G

I know we're wired to remember our frustrations more than things going well, but I can't seem to recall a more frustrating season than this one. I think it's a combo of investing a lot heavier in pitching than normal, and out of character absolute busts so far.

Like maybe I was crazy to have faith in Robinson Cano this year or paying 4th round value for Joey Votto, but shouldn't they have more than 11 combined home runs by now?

This one is more amusement than frustation:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
How the hell are you behind that guy that drafted Forrest Whitley in a Fire and Forget league?!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

One of my SP is Ohtani

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tyler Glasnow suffered a setback and has flexor inflammation now. :rip:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

How the hell are you behind that guy that drafted Forrest Whitley in a Fire and Forget league?!

I'm behind the dude who drafted Andujar!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Yowie Wowie

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Second year in a row that the same person made me miss the draft. At least last year I made 11th place.

Won't stop me next year!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

miss every draft. always auto-draft trea turner in dingers-only leagues. draft jake bauers in every league. never let anyone else see your tears.

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
I have Segura, Lindor and Rosario ... and I think they're all slumping at the same time.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

I think it's meant to be Gant.

From yesterday
Oops

Martinez is expected to take over "most of the closer duties" for the Cardinals, Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
ANALYSIS
President of baseball operations John Mozeliak was asked Sunday on MLB Network Radio if John Gant would step into the closer role in place of Jordan Hicks (elbow). "Oh I would think so, yeah," Mozeliak said. "He's finished games for us in the past and we have a lot of confidence in him." A fair number of people interpreted that as Gant being named the replacement closer, but not so fast. It's manager Mike Shildt's call, and it seems Shildt prefers Martinez, who had a successful run as the team's closer last September (5-for-5 in saves). Gant has had a good season but was rocked for four runs over one-third of an inning in his most recent appearance.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I have Scherzer & a bunch of garbage pitchers. Is this trade reasonable if my plan is to punt pitching counting stats and load up on reasonably high inning relievers that are pitching lights out this year to win ERA/WHIP? Standard 5x5 H2H league

Give:
Scherzer
Lourdes Gurriel

Get:
Judge
Springer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's reasonable even if you don't punt IMO