Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

it's your browser or os or something, I can see likes and replies fine in the embed

are you logged in to twitter? that's probably why.

twitter is pulling back that data because they want to charge companies money for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

are you logged in to twitter? that's probably why.

twitter is pulling back that data because they want to charge companies money for it

I don't have a Twitter account and I can see likes and replies on that embed. Likes are above the pic and replies are below. Doesn't show RTs though and I can't see the number of replies when I click on it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Un-cancel the president of Iran
https://twitter.com/HassanElTayyab/status/1143549610843148290

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

I thought he was older than twelve.

Cool. Does he have a podcast?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

IT JUST MEANS IGNORANT PERSON

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Red Scare already pulled their invite to come onto the pod

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If this is true then it is a fantastic example of the sort of journalistic malpractice common in stories about Iran.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

immortalyawn posted:

So what was the deal with that Means TV scam?

What? Was Means TV a scam or something?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Apoplexy posted:

What? Was Means TV a scam or something?

no. not really sure what they're talking about.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I think we have a candidate for the next reading series.

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1143648279269449729

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
matt's trump the wolf slayer bit slayed me this ep. I feel as though you could just make random sounds in that inflection and I'd laugh, like a pavlovian response.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i don't think that twitterer is a respectable lawyer, who would tell lies on the internet super highway

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
oh poo poo, the marianne interview is up

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Chexoid posted:

I can't believe people are STILL going against 100% super data wonk Virgil. Im starting to think you want to touch poop and are looking for an excuse.

Like Virgil said, never bet against a gamer

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1143719439042514944

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I like how Marianne keeps claiming she's not naive about the history of the United States and then says that capitalism went wrong in the 80s.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
marianne williamson is peggy noonan if she got into phenethylamines instead of quaaludes

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

cenotaph posted:

I like how Marianne keeps claiming she's not naive about the history of the United States and then says that capitalism went wrong in the 80s.

is there any part of the interview where they nail her to the wall, i got tired of listening to the boomer blah blah

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Between this and the antivax poo poo I don't know why she was even a meme candidate for a little bit

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Bastaman Vibration posted:

is there any part of the interview where they nail her to the wall, i got tired of listening to the boomer blah blah

No, and I assume they had Matt's mic mostly muted so you couldn't hear his teeth grinding.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Saagonsa posted:

Between this and the antivax poo poo I don't know why she was even a meme candidate for a little bit

Pretty sure the boys astroturfed her after getting spooked by their influence in the Gravelanche

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
They say that Delaware is the NPC state, but Montana is the one where everyone is offering you quests to kill 10 wolves.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Only getfiscal has achieved irony nirvana and who knows if Felix will ever meet him there

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Felix is nothing compared to Donald. He is an ant.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Felix is an irony bodhisattva, who out of compassion remains on earth so that others may be irony poisoned

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i gotta go with my man Virgil here, i don't think Biden has the staying power. i was in Matt's camp for a little bit until he demanded Booker apologize for his own "i'll work with segregationists" comment

prefect posted:

I think we have a candidate for the next reading series.

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1143648279269449729
i've long been a proponent of "stop reading poo poo by Rod Dreher" because his bigoted neuroses aren't even fun to break down and laugh at. i'm sure he has Opinions about Haiti and its people too

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

get that OUT of my face posted:

i've long been a proponent of "stop reading poo poo by Rod Dreher" because his bigoted neuroses aren't even fun to break down and laugh at. i'm sure he has Opinions about Haiti and its people too

agreed - Rod and his mailbag might be a deep well of bad takes to laugh at but eventually it all boils down to "yikes, dude"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Personal tastes differ; I don't know if I would ever get tired of making GBS threads on this guy who thinks he's an intellectual and who believes in ghosts and goblins.

prefect fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 26, 2019

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I see the argument against reading Rod, but I don't know if I've ever laughed harder than the Race Mixing Terminator mailbag letter.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Yeah if they stopped reading articles because the consequences of their author's beliefs are sickening then they couldn't read McArdle or basically any Times columnist

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Wow, President Marianne

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the fun never ends!

https://twitter.com/CHAPOTRAPHOUSE/status/1143738971119374336

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

^^^ the first debates are tonight?

I Before E posted:

Yeah if they stopped reading articles because the consequences of their author's beliefs are sickening then they couldn't read McArdle or basically any Times columnist
like i said, Rod doesn't have laughable quirks in his writing style like David Brooks or Dan Jacoby. it's just pure, unfiltered bile towards trans people. that's much harder to make light of and even the Chapo gang doesn't do a good job of it, other than pointing out he'd be a tumblr teen if he were younger

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 26, 2019

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Yeah Rod's a huge bigot but they tend to avoid his unhinged anti-trans rants and once in a while you get a bizarre gem about exorcisms or bimboification that only Rod is weird and shameless enough to post.

Megan McArdle on the other hand is a dead-eyed randian sociopath and her articles just boil my blood.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

the thing about Rod is that he doesn't have laughable quirks in his writing style like David Brooks or Dan Jacoby. it's just pure, unfiltered bile towards trans people. that's much harder to make light of and even the Chapo gang doesn't do a good job of it, other than pointing out he'd be a tumblr teen if he were younger

I don't agree, he's the ultimate fake story guy and his ramblings gave us the possessed bus driver story, Wife Exorcism Guy, and Rod Dreher's Twilight Zone, classic bits

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

1. does Maureen Dowd still do political fanfiction every so often in her op-ed section?
2. have Chapo ever done a reading series about her?
3. if not, why not? the reading series stable could use another horse

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Rod also is less relevant than their favorites from NYT Opinion, Atlantic or National Review, at this point he is a backwater blogger deep in denial about exorcist "healing" his wife.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

1. does Maureen Dowd still do political fanfiction every so often in her op-ed section?
2. have Chapo ever done a reading series about her?
3. if not, why not? the reading series stable could use another horse

They may have but I may also be mixing that up with the Peggy Noonan foot fetish fic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
can they stop with the ironic Marianne support now?