Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

"Brushes their teeth at work" should be added to the DSM as a marker for someone being a clinical psychoptah

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I think it looks like flying a kite at night or something, just unwholesome.

Dude should try it sometime though. It's great for getting rid of the biofilm and freshening breath, especially mid-shift when you're probably feeling a bit funky and wish you could take a shower.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Because the type of person who feels the need to throughly clean their teeth in a public restroom is the exact same type of person who hides "kill packages" around various states to make it easier to get away with serial killings.

mind the walrus posted:

I think it looks like flying a kite at night or something, just unwholesome.

Dude should try it sometime though. It's great for getting rid of the biofilm and freshening breath, especially mid-shift when you're probably feeling a bit funky and wish you could take a shower.

This is why mouthwash exists.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mouthwash isn't the same as brushing the gross film off your teeth and you know it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's just off putting to watch someone brush their teeth in a public restroom or the mutual dining area. gently caress off to your car and brush your teeth in quiet shame like a normal person damnit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Flossing + mouth wash feels amazing at 3pm and it can be more discreet. Especially after that tuna sandwich.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

mind the walrus posted:

Mouthwash isn't the same as brushing the gross film off your teeth and you know it.

Not if you use Listerine and keep swishing until your gums are numb

Obviously not a replacement for actually brushing your teeth, but there's absolutely no reason to do it at work when that's an option.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's just off putting to watch someone brush their teeth in a public restroom or the mutual dining area. gently caress off to your car and brush your teeth in quiet shame like a normal person damnit.

That's fair. I wouldn't want to do it in like, a big bathroom with rows of sinks. That would come across as nasty.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Because the type of person who feels the need to throughly clean their teeth in a public restroom is the exact same type of person who hides "kill packages" around various states to make it easier to get away with serial killings.

some people might have ocd, did you ever consider that you twat?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Fallout and Borderlands are the same thing

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Fallout and Borderlands are the same thing

nah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
They're wacky videogames set in a generic post-apocalypse where you shoot people.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Technically Borderlands isn’t post-apocalyptic

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

They're wacky videogames set in a generic post-apocalypse where you shoot people.

borderlands is more monkeycheese than wacky, and that's all thanks to our favorite sexual harasser anthony burch. By day he had an open relationship with his wife where he wasn't getting any (and she was attracting a lot of attention), by night he was running the casting couch at Gearbox!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

spit on my clit posted:

borderlands is more monkeycheese than wacky, and that's all thanks to our favorite sexual harasser anthony burch. By day he had an open relationship with his wife where he wasn't getting any (and she was attracting a lot of attention), by night he was running the casting couch at Gearbox!

We all know the story of Anthony Burch and how he lost his Wii U.

But my point stands.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Come round round children I'll fill you with mirth

At the predictable story of Anthony Burch

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember someone getting super pissed off because I poo poo on Burch while also having poo poo on him for the same reason a year or two prior (which they remembered but I didnt :shepface:) saying I was clearly obsessed with him, and honestly I'm glad everyone's come around on Burch being both an awful writer and general human being.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

We all know the story of Anthony Burch and how he lost his Wii U.

But my point stands.

it really doesn't. there's a difference between cheesy wackiness like New Vegas' Wild Wasteland where you can come across Indiana Jones's skeleton in a fridge, and monkeycheese wackiness where claptrap starts screeching about wall sphincters and the word badass is beaten to death like a pinata at a bat factory, all while your character starts repeatedly quoting the entire "i am the one who knocks" speech (or something to that effect). By that same regard, Krieg somehow ends up being the absolute best thing about the game.

Danaru posted:

I remember someone getting super pissed off because I poo poo on Burch while also having poo poo on him for the same reason a year or two prior (which they remembered but I didnt :shepface:) saying I was clearly obsessed with him, and honestly I'm glad everyone's come around on Burch being both an awful writer and general human being.

The only reason we even know all the details about his divorce is because he loving livetweeted it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
The only interesting or worthwhile post-apocalyptic anything made in the last 20 years is Splatoon, which is set in a world where the sea level rose, humanity went extinct, and the few scraps of dry land left are controlled by fashionable super evolved squids playing paintball

Miss me with that Walking Dead poo poo

spit on my clit posted:

it really doesn't. there's a difference between cheesy wackiness like New Vegas' Wild Wasteland where you can come across Indiana Jones's skeleton in a fridge, and monkeycheese wackiness where claptrap starts screeching about wall sphincters and the word badass is beaten to death like a pinata at a bat factory, all while your character starts repeatedly quoting the entire "i am the one who knocks" speech (or something to that effect). By that same regard, Krieg somehow ends up being the absolute best thing about the game.

yeah, the difference is you think one is more respectable than the other. But it isn't, they're the exact same

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

yeah, the difference is you think one is more respectable than the other. But it isn't, they're the exact same

"your argument is invalid, because i said it is" ok guygoodbody

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, pho sucks. There is only One True Soup and that's chili. Or spaghetti. Spaghetti is an awesome soup too.

I grew up thinking that eating chili on spaghetti noodles was normal, until I made it for a friend of mine.
Then I learned that most people just eat it out of bowls or something.
How boring. Put chili on pasta, your life will never be same.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Suicide is good and I support all suiciders

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I grew up thinking that eating chili on spaghetti noodles was normal, until I made it for a friend of mine.
Then I learned that most people just eat it out of bowls or something.
How boring. Put chili on pasta, your life will never be same.

Chili mac is one of the greatest things in the world. You can pour chili over plain old noodles or go all out and pour it over mac and cheese!

Everyone should listen to this person as they speak the truth.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I will never understand the concept of "mac and cheese" and I've never tried it, it's the one dish I mostly strongly associate with British and American cooking and it's the one that I want to try the least. How can you eat pasta without at least adding some vegetables or olives or pine nuts or, if you're going to add cheese, at least add a real cheese?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sir, you're mistaking Kraft mac and cheese with delicious real mac and cheese. That's like comparing a homemade burger from the grill with a frozen packaged one microwaved in a 7/11 at 3am as you eat a Hostess cupcake in front of the microwave while you're waiting for it to be done.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sir, you're mistaking Kraft mac and cheese with delicious real mac and cheese.

Yeah, he's mistaking real mac and cheese with the idealized mac and cheese that is maybe ten percent of people's actual mac and cheese.

Kraft mac and cheese is mac and cheese, and it's gross. I don't care if you do someting fancy and bake it home with a bread crumb crust on top or whatever, that has nothing to do with the factual statement "mac and cheese is gross"

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Shibawanko posted:

I will never understand the concept of "mac and cheese" and I've never tried it, it's the one dish I mostly strongly associate with British and American cooking and it's the one that I want to try the least. How can you eat pasta without at least adding some vegetables or olives or pine nuts or, if you're going to add cheese, at least add a real cheese?

Step 1: Sauté some onions in a large frying pan. You don't want them to turn brown, just become a little translucent.
Step 2: Add a clove of minced garlic.
Step 3: Pour in about a litre of heavy cream.
Step 4: When the cream begins to bubble, throw in a good handful of good handful of sharp cheddar, and half that of fresh parmesan.
Step 5: Whisk rapidly, and turn down the heat (not too much!) so that the cream doesn't burn.
Step 6: Once the sauce has reduced to your liking, season to taste. You won't need much salt, as the cheese provides a lot.
Step 7: Mix your cooked macaroni in, and enjoy!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Soul Food Macaroni and Cheese

I've made this. It's loving splendid.

You owe it to yourself.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, he's mistaking real mac and cheese with the idealized mac and cheese that is maybe ten percent of people's actual mac and cheese.

Kraft mac and cheese is mac and cheese, and it's gross. I don't care if you do someting fancy and bake it home with a bread crumb crust on top or whatever, that has nothing to do with the factual statement "mac and cheese is gross"

It's like saying ramen is bad because you ate the cheap stuff in college. It's just ignorant and sad and your local food choices must be limited and boring.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

I know it's par for the course for cooking blogs, but the wheat to chaff ratio of that page is absurd; the actual content that you want to view is in the scroll range of let's say, generously, 10% to 15%, literally less that two scroll widths, and the entire rest of the page is 'what went wrong in my life to lead me to this point' and 'comments'.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It is goon tradition to refuse to believe that anyone ever eats anything but the most disgusting version of anything they don’t personally like, especially if they associate it with being american. This applies even to american goons.

Mac and cheese is all kraft dinner, sweet tea is all from McDonald’s, ketchup and mayonnaise are only ever slathered on in gallons, it’s impossible to eat only a handful of potato chips, no one only uses 1-2 tablespoons of salad dressing, I could go on

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Step 1: Sauté some onions in a large frying pan. You don't want them to turn brown, just become a little translucent.
Step 2: Add a clove of minced garlic.
Step 3: Pour in about a litre of heavy cream.
Step 4: When the cream begins to bubble, throw in a good handful of good handful of sharp cheddar, and half that of fresh parmesan.
Step 5: Whisk rapidly, and turn down the heat (not too much!) so that the cream doesn't burn.
Step 6: Once the sauce has reduced to your liking, season to taste. You won't need much salt, as the cheese provides a lot.
Step 7: Mix your cooked macaroni in, and enjoy!

You son of a bitch. You goddamned son of a bitch. You have to make a proper bechamel then add the cheese. You goddamned idiot son of a bitch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

Soul Food Macaroni and Cheese

I've made this. It's loving splendid.

You owe it to yourself.

36 ounces of cheese, most of a stick of butter and 1.5 cups of half and half. Goddamn thats like some Simply Sarah poo poo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
There's delicious food and there's healthy food. They are mutually exclusive. There is good food which is in the middle which is neither delicious nor truly healthy.

There will be people who say they find their steamed vegetable and fake meat diet delicious, but they are delusional and should not be taken seriously.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I deny your food argument. Meat is both delicious and healthy. Vegetables are pleasantly toothsome and taste of the earth. Love it.

Donuts, or sugar candies, are not healthy. They are also disgusting to eat.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

I deny your food argument. Meat is both delicious and healthy. Vegetables are pleasantly toothsome and taste of the earth. Love it.

Donuts, or sugar candies, are not healthy. They are also disgusting to eat.

It depends how you cook the meat and vegetables. Meat is very delicious if you cook it like the french do with like an entire stick of butter.

Sugary stuff can be delicious but that's not what I was talking about. Sweet stuff is either delicious or utterly useless. I don't think dessert has any place in a dinner though. Why overpower the lingering feeling of your expensive meal with a sugary thing that probably cost 10% of your main dish to make?

in general i don't think you're appreciating my distinction between good and delicious

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

36 ounces of cheese, most of a stick of butter and 1.5 cups of half and half. Goddamn thats like some Simply Sarah poo poo.

you're not meant to eat the entire tray yourself in one sitting, Francis

doverhog
May 31, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It depends how you cook the meat and vegetables. Meat is very delicious if you cook it like the french do with like an entire stick of butter.

Sugary stuff can be delicious but that's not what I was talking about. Sweet stuff is either delicious or utterly useless. I don't think dessert has any place in a dinner though. Why overpower the lingering feeling of your expensive meal with a sugary thing that probably cost 10% of your main dish to make?

in general i don't think you're appreciating my distinction between good and delicious

So, good is meat, delicious is meat covered in butter?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

So, good is meat, delicious is meat covered in butter?

I mean....sure. Or lard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

You are the one who brought up the distinction between the 2.