Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

iospace posted:

Out of curiosity, how good is the NH-d15 and assuming I did decide to OC my R7 2700, how good of a clock would I get out of it?

(I'm debating this and more memory, sitting at 16 GB for that)

Roughly on par with a 240mm AIO, maybe slightly outclassed by a 280.

I had my 9900K delidded by siliconlottery and run a NH-D15S with two fans, at default settings it sits at 45C under a moderate AVX load (prime95 blend or x264) and 55C under a torture test (prime95 smallFFT, x265 encoding random noise). And that's not like max fans or anything, just the default fan curve for the board.

I don't know specific temps for Ryzen but the cooler is unlikely to be your limit. And at the point where a NH-D15 starts being a problem, an AIO is going to struggle too - the problem at that point is usually not dissipation through the heatsink but how fast you can pull heat through the TIM/solder. The better answer at that point is to delid and run bare die - obviously a pain for soldered chips but at that point it's really the only way to bring temps back down.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

iospace posted:

Out of curiosity, how good is the NH-d15 and assuming I did decide to OC my R7 2700, how good of a clock would I get out of it?

(I'm debating this and more memory, sitting at 16 GB for that)
Ryzen CPUs have very low overclocking headroom. You'll be able to hit 2700x performance generally. With a good cooler you can get your all core a bit closer to single core. I don't know which cooler you have now. "good" is vague here because a 2700 throws off a whole lot less heat than a 9900k and most $30-$50 CPU coolers won't bottleneck you.

Most crazy Ryzen overclocks involve unsafe voltage that degrades the CPU. The NHD15 is good enough for that too, but I am personally not a fan of killing my hardware.

If you need or would benefit from the memory then prices are at an all-time low right now. If you don't have fast memory with decent timings now you can squeeze ~5% performance out of that on zen+. Maybe more if you have really slow RAM now.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 24, 2019

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

iospace posted:

I'm guessing it's one of those "yeah, this cooler will go from build to build forever" coolers?
Absolutely. If you buy a Noctua cooler retail, make sure to keep the receipt around, because they will ship you a mounting kit for new sockets for free even if the cooler originally didn't support it. Assuming the new socket isn't too big or otherwise incompatible, of course. I hope once DDR5 rolls around nobody will get the bright idea to move the RAM slots closer to the socket, it's definitely more than cramped enough around there...

I really wonder how long the fans will last too. The warranty is six years, and that to me implies they're pretty confident they'll stick around for longer than that. There are some pretty good reasons to tolerate the... uninspiring... color scheme of the drat things.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 24, 2019

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Khorne posted:

Ryzen CPUs have very low overclocking headroom. You'll be able to hit 2700x performance generally. With a good cooler you can get your all core a bit closer to single core. I don't know which cooler you have now. "good" is vague here because a 2700 throws off a whole lot less heat than a 9900k and most $30-$50 CPU coolers won't bottleneck you.

Most crazy Ryzen overclocks involve unsafe voltage that degrades the CPU. The NHD15 is good enough for that too, but I am personally not a fan of killing my hardware.

If you need or would benefit from the memory then prices are at an all-time low right now. If you don't have fast memory with decent timings now you can squeeze ~5% performance out of that on zen+. Maybe more if you have really slow RAM now.

Currently sitting with the stock cooler. The other upgrade I was considering (but decided against) was a M.2 card, but that'll be later.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Syrinxx posted:

Just finished a pretty inexpensive build with an MSI B450M Gaming Plus and a 2600X. This proc runs hot as gently caress on stock, like 55C idle, 85C+ in a multithreaded game. Will a moderate aftermarket cooler like the Arctic Freezer 33/34 work to bring this back in line or should I be looking into something else? Planning on replacing it with the 3700X later this fall.
Just following up on this with a trip report:

Either the Wraith Spire is a piece of poo poo or the paste it comes with is a piece of poo poo because I threw a $30 Arctic Freezer 33 on the CPU with some Arctic Silver and it dropped load temps over 30C from 93(!!!) to 60, and idle from 55 to about 40. Anyway, the 2600X is quite nice now that it's running cool. I guess if I get the 3700X I'll just sell the Wraith Prism it comes with for a few bucks back.

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 24, 2019

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I’m waiting on an M.2 carrier for the Mac Pro I’ve been rehabilitating. The interface limits the transfer speeds to ~1500 MBps, so there isn’t much point in shelling out for a 970 Pro, but also I don’t want to cheap out in case I re-use it in a future build. Is the HP EX920 a decent choice for a 1TB NVMe drive or can I do better?

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Lazyhound posted:

I’m waiting on an M.2 carrier for the Mac Pro I’ve been rehabilitating. The interface limits the transfer speeds to ~1500 MBps, so there isn’t much point in shelling out for a 970 Pro, but also I don’t want to cheap out in case I re-use it in a future build. Is the HP EX920 a decent choice for a 1TB NVMe drive or can I do better?

The ex920 is great. If you want to spend a bit more, the Adata sx8200 Pro is the best performing consumer drive under the 970 Pro, or the ex950 comes in a 2TB version. Unless you have very specific applications that sequentially access very large files, you’re unlikely to notice any difference between the ex920, sx8200 Pro, or 970 Pro.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Lazyhound posted:

I'm not sure how the price compares but I have one of the WD SN500 NVME drives and it's been fine. Maybe you'd like their 1TB option which I think for NVME is the western digital black series.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 24, 2019

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

iospace posted:

Currently sitting with the stock cooler. The other upgrade I was considering (but decided against) was a M.2 card, but that'll be later.

From what I’ve seen posted before, the stock cooler should be enough to get you to 4.2GHz and going much over that requires pumping the voltage/power draw and custom loops/LN. Aftermarket coolers for 2nd-gen Ryzen are more about the noise reduction than overclocking overhead. If you want something that’s better than stock but doesn’t break the bank, the Scuthe Mugen 5 Rev. B gets within a few degrees/dBs of the D15 for half the cost and less bulk.

VelociBacon posted:

I'm not sure how the price compares but I have one of the WD SN500 NVME drives and it's been fine. Maybe you'd like their 1TB option which I think for NVME is the western digital black series.

Black is decent, but the sx8200 Pro outperforms it (outside of a writing very large files) and is usually cheaper!

E: Right now the sx8200 is $145 on Newegg or $150 on Amazon, versus $225 for the SN750!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 24, 2019

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I wonder how big the difference between the 3600x and the 3700x will be. I assume the 3600 will hit slightly higher single core but by how much?

Mostly all I do is gaming so I'll probably just go with a 3600x tbh. This is my build so far.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor (standin for 3600x) ($279.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard ($139.50 @ Walmart)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($154.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Inland - Premium 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($103.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT - H500 ATX Mid Tower Case ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $855.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-06-24 17:11 EDT-0400

I'll be reusing a 1070 and I plan on picking up a w7 key from samart if that's still possible. Anyone see something weird before I get ready to buy this on the 7th?

I have a semi local microcenter so I'll probably drive out there.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I wonder how big the difference between the 3600x and the 3700x will be. I assume the 3600 will hit slightly higher single core but by how much?

3600x = 6/12 --> 3.8GHz/4.4GHz (95w) $249
3700x = 8/16 --> 3.6GHz/4.4GHz (65w) $329

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

3600x = 6/12 --> 3.8GHz/4.4GHz (95w) $249
3700x = 8/16 --> 3.6GHz/4.4GHz (65w) $329

Ah that's different than what I saw before. I guess I'll see benchmarks in a few days and decide then

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

iospace posted:

I'm guessing it's one of those "yeah, this cooler will go from build to build forever" coolers?

I have the D14, predecessor of the D15, and it has no problem keeping my current overclocked Xeon cool when it's pushing ~200W. I'm definitely hoping I can just get an AM4 bracket for it if I upgrade to a Zen 2 chip.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Some more good news on the Ryzen 2 front - evidently x590 is a 'ghost' chipset. It was something AMD was developing in parallel with x570 and decided at the last minute to just roll its features into x570.

Still, wouldn't shock me if the inevitable Ryzen 2 refresh didn't resurrect it.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

TheFluff posted:

I really wonder how long the fans will last too. The warranty is six years, and that to me implies they're pretty confident they'll stick around for longer than that. There are some pretty good reasons to tolerate the... uninspiring... color scheme of the drat things.

Noctua fans I got in 2010 to 2012 are still performing tremendously and don't seem any worse for wear, with some on the heatsink and some used as case fans.

Video card anecdote & question:

After reading up on recent cards and referencing the OP, I got an EVGA 2060 SC Ultra Gaming on the way, which by clocks seems to be their 2nd best 2060. It replaces an aging but still scrappy 780 Ti to make shiny pixels at 1080p. I have read these cards have good performance in games, hoping I can have a good time with Borderlands 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 with high enough settings to look great but run smoothly. I was going to get the 1660Ti but I love the Metro games and want to try the raytracing in the new one, and the price was not too much higher on the card so I went for it.

Any other graphically intense, good games (or upcoming but looking good) I ought to check out? Been a minute since I had a recent tech card, I'd appreciate recommendations.

(I think this forum has helped me select GPUS going back to when I upgraded from an nVidia GeForce 5600. Thanks again!)

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Fauxtool posted:

Is it worth delidding a 7700k using a high quality non-conductive paste and not using liquid metal? Im not really comfortable with something so potentially dangerous. I want to do it because I have heard it mellows out a lot of the spikes in temp when idle.
I delidded a 7700k, but I put liquid metal on it (Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut). On custom water cooling it got me a solid 20C reduction in load temps, which also reduced peak power consumption by roughly 5w in Prime AVX.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Agreed posted:

Noctua fans I got in 2010 to 2012 are still performing tremendously and don't seem any worse for wear, with some on the heatsink and some used as case fans.

Video card anecdote & question:

After reading up on recent cards and referencing the OP, I got an EVGA 2060 SC Ultra Gaming on the way, which by clocks seems to be their 2nd best 2060. It replaces an aging but still scrappy 780 Ti to make shiny pixels at 1080p. I have read these cards have good performance in games, hoping I can have a good time with Borderlands 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 with high enough settings to look great but run smoothly. I was going to get the 1660Ti but I love the Metro games and want to try the raytracing in the new one, and the price was not too much higher on the card so I went for it.

Any other graphically intense, good games (or upcoming but looking good) I ought to check out? Been a minute since I had a recent tech card, I'd appreciate recommendations.

(I think this forum has helped me select GPUS going back to when I upgraded from an nVidia GeForce 5600. Thanks again!)

For $1 you can get Game Pass for PC and play both Hellblade and Rise of the Tomb Raider, both of which have pretty great graphics despite the latter being a couple years old. Also Wolfenstein Youngblood and SW Jedi Fallen Order are coming up

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Either the Wraith Spire is a piece of poo poo or the paste it comes with is a piece of poo poo because I threw a $30 Arctic Freezer 33 on the CPU with some Arctic Silver and it dropped load temps over 30C from 93(!!!) to 60, and idle from 55 to about 40. Anyway, the 2600X is quite nice now that it's running cool. I guess if I get the 3700X I'll just sell the Wraith Prism it comes with for a few bucks back.

The wraith spire isn't great and surely changing the paste will help a ton, but this does not sound normal at all. I put together a 2600x machine for my brother a few months ago and his temps are about 45c idle, 65-68c under heavy gaming load in an ancient lian-li mid tower with cheap casefans in a ~77F apartment. 95c just sounds like either you got a bad connection on the heatsink or that specific wraith spire had a defect with the default compound.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Syrinxx posted:

real talk, did you take the plastic film off the heatsink before mounting it? I may know "someone" who did that and had very poor temps until a year later when it was repasted and the problem was noticed.

Llamadeus
Dec 20, 2005
Pretty sure the stock coolers don't have those films since they come with paste pre-applied.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

fargom posted:

The wraith spire isn't great and surely changing the paste will help a ton, but this does not sound normal at all. I put together a 2600x machine for my brother a few months ago and his temps are about 45c idle, 65-68c under heavy gaming load in an ancient lian-li mid tower with cheap casefans in a ~77F apartment. 95c just sounds like either you got a bad connection on the heatsink or that specific wraith spire had a defect with the default compound.

Iirc the performance delta between "good" and "cheap" pastes really isn't that big. Measurable, but not a game changer.

Your conclusions seem spot on though.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I will check out that pass. I see nVidia is refreshing the lineup in my price range for this upgrade soon to answer AMD on their RX 5700 cards, hoping they do so within 90 days so I can step up through EVGA if there's a good candidate. I know I can't expect terrific raytracing performance from the lowest card that does it. But hopefully it gives me an idea of how worth it the feature is going forward.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 25, 2019

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Fauxtool posted:

real talk, did you take the plastic film off the heatsink before mounting it? I may know "someone" who did that and had very poor temps until a year later when it was repasted and the problem was noticed.
This is funny, but yeah the wraith comes with thermal paste already on it so no plastic thing. And I did take the thing off the Arctic Freezer!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Did anyone get that email from EVGA tonight? Trade in 700 and 900 cards on June 26th for heavily discounted prices on rtx 2000 cards and 0% financing for a year?

https://www.evga.com/newsletter/upgrade-to-20-series/

Zotix fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 25, 2019

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If the offer is good might be returning a card to amazon unopened to take advantage of the deal. Assuming the EVGA 780Ti I have is one of the ones they're talking about as well though.

Edit: Took advantage of Amazon being pretty slow to ship the card I ordered (still not in the shipping stage that is) to just cancel the order. Seems like there's a ton of stuff about to land, and one way or another I bet I can get a better deal or a better card at the same price with just a short wait. I didn't have any complaints about how the 780 Ti is handling the games I am currently playing, just want to be ready for Cyberpunk and Borderlands 3 (if it is going to be graphically intense - I dunno, BL1/2/PS are so easy to run, maybe BL3 will continue that trend?) and get a few more features turned on in the graphics settings than the ol' 780 Ti is going to be able to handle. I have had to be a lot more selective with fancy features the last year or three, and I think I can get a little more mileage out of a new card if I just hold off 'til either the promotion makes a 2070 more affordable, or there's a better card at the ~$350 point to compete with AMD's recent RX 5700 models.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 25, 2019

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Zotix posted:

Did anyone get that email from EVGA tonight? Trade in 700 and 900 cards on June 26th for heavily discounted prices on rtx 2000 cards and 0% financing for a year?

https://www.evga.com/newsletter/upgrade-to-20-series/

I hope this is worldwide and not just US.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Lungboy posted:

I hope this is worldwide and not just US.
I mean, it's not going to include the super models so the prices had better be pretty good.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hmm, my graphics card has died (HD7850 that no long recognises it’s own drivers but boots in safe mode) so I’m looking to get a new card. Ebuyer has a big discount on a vega 56 at the movement so it’s only £235, so I’m tempted to get that, but I know Amds new cards come out on 7/7. Are their older cards likely to drop in price at this point? From looking around even the cheapest X5700 is going to be about 350 quid which is above what I’m willing to pay anyway.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

SalTheBard posted:

Just for shits and grins I looked at what I paid for 16 gigs of the Trident G Skill RGB RAM. 16gig kit was $224.99. That same RAM is now $114.99 :(

Join the club.

Paid $159.99+tax for the same 16GB TridentZ RGB kit (3200 C16) back in January. That poo poo's $109.99 now. :smith:

OTOH, I'm now tempted to grab two more sticks of RAM for a total of 32GB. I'm wondering if it's worth getting faster RAM (3600), RAM with lower CAS or should I just stick with the same stuff I already have.

90s Solo Cup fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 25, 2019

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Help! I'm looking for a Ryzen-compatible motherboard with:
  • ASMedia USB3 controller (so, the MB has two USB3 controllers including the main chipset)
  • 2x M2 PCI-e Gen3 slots

Mini ITX would be great, otherwise MicroATX. I'm just checking all the specs but they all seem to have one M2 PCIe slot and the other only at SATA speeds.

Context: building an IO-heavy PC for which SATA speeds are not fast enough.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Drone_Fragger posted:

Hmm, my graphics card has died (HD7850 that no long recognises it’s own drivers but boots in safe mode) so I’m looking to get a new card. Ebuyer has a big discount on a vega 56 at the movement so it’s only £235, so I’m tempted to get that, but I know Amds new cards come out on 7/7. Are their older cards likely to drop in price at this point? From looking around even the cheapest X5700 is going to be about 350 quid which is above what I’m willing to pay anyway.

The Powercolor Red Dragon is just 30 pounds more, and is a legitimately decent triple-fan card. I’d consider that over the hassle of dealing with a blower.

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Join the club.

Paid $159.99+tax for the same 16GB TridentZ RGB kit (3200 C16) back in January. That poo poo's $109.99 now. :smith:

OTOH, I'm now tempted to grab two more sticks of RAM for a total of 32GB. I'm wondering if it's worth getting faster RAM (3600), RAM with lower CAS or should I just stick with the same stuff I already have.

Not unless you plan on also replacing the old kit at some point. All of your RAM will running at the slowest timing.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Stickman posted:

Not unless you plan on also replacing the old kit at some point. All of your RAM will running at the slowest timing.

If I'm getting faster RAM, the old kit gets replaced so that doesn't happen. I'm just wondering if a jump from 3200 to 3600 would even be worth the effort and expense.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I dunno, maybe you do stuff that is really really RAM intensive, but for most people I'd say that difference would be limited to seeing some benchmarks go up pretty marginally but with no discernible difference in day to day computing.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Unfortunately, benchmarks comparing 3200 and 3600 performance on Ryzen are very scarce, but if the results from youtube channel testing RAM on a 2700X holds in general, it's something like a 0-2% performance boost.

The biggest benchmark boost I've seen is Fallout 4 going from 58->65 fps on 3000->3600 in Techspot's test, but they're also running SLI which would likely increase the impact of RAM performance. Even then, Fallout 4 was a major outlier.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 25, 2019

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Ryzen 2 likes faster RAM. There's a reason so many DDR4-3600 kits seem to be crawling out of the woodwork all of a sudden. 3733 is the "optimal" speed after which diminishing returns kick in.

Don't consider pre-buying RAM until the QVL sheets go public, though. There's a chance some memory sellers are upselling their 3200 sticks, pumping up the CAS timings a point or three, and crossing their fingers that they don't get too many angry RMAs or returns.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't consider pre-buying RAM until the QVL sheets go public, though. There's a chance some memory sellers are upselling their 3200 sticks, pumping up the CAS timings a point or three, and crossing their fingers that they don't get too many angry RMAs or returns.

That would be absolutely lovely behavior, but I can definitely see it happening considering less than a year ago they got blown up for running a cartel that was price fixing and gouging customers for RAM.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

A 650W seasonic psu would be enough to cover a 3900x and hypothetically a 2080TI right? Or is it smart to bump up to the 750w?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Zotix posted:

A 650W seasonic psu would be enough to cover a 3900x and hypothetically a 2080TI right? Or is it smart to bump up to the 750w?

PSUs lose efficiency over time so yeah, I'd recommend going with the 750W.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Stickman posted:

The Powercolor Red Dragon is just 30 pounds more, and is a legitimately decent triple-fan card. I’d consider that over the hassle of dealing with a blower.

Actually ended up doing this in the end, thanks to some advice from the amd gpu thread (the msi airboost sounds like a literal hair dryer at load, apparantly).
Also, somehow got the division 2 and world war z for free as well, thanks AMD for literally giving me 1/3rd of the value of the card in free poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Help! I'm looking for a Ryzen-compatible motherboard with:
  • ASMedia USB3 controller (so, the MB has two USB3 controllers including the main chipset)
  • 2x M2 PCI-e Gen3 slots

Mini ITX would be great, otherwise MicroATX. I'm just checking all the specs but they all seem to have one M2 PCIe slot and the other only at SATA speeds.

Context: building an IO-heavy PC for which SATA speeds are not fast enough.

I don't think this exists, but contrary to your findings, I think it's the USB controller that's the limiting factor. Most Ryzen boards including the ITX ones have two M.2 PCIe x4 slots (sometimes one of them can be run in SATA mode too, but don't let that fool you), but there's only about a dozen B450/X470 boards that have an extra USB controller, and none of them are in the form factor you want.

I played around for a bit with the parametric search on geizhals.eu, and while I found one board that seemed like it checked all the boxes (the Asus ROG Strix X370-I Gaming), that seems to be an error in the Geizhals database because Asus' product page doesn't mention the ASMedia USB controller for that board (they do mention it on other boards that do have it though). There are like two other mATX/ITX B350 boards that have an extra USB controller, but neither of them have two M.2 slots.

Maybe X570 will bring something that fits your bill, but I sorta doubt it. ITX boards aren't exactly known for having a ton of I/O, and mATX barely exists at all anymore.

e: why do you need the ASMedia USB controller though? You already have two USB3 controllers on Ryzen - one on the CPU itself and one on the chipset. I don't know anything about your usecase but, uh, can you really max out three of them? If you just want a ton of USB 3.1 ports the MSI B450M Mortar Titanium might fit the bill:

e2: or is the thing you're trying to say that you need at least 4 USB 3.1 Gen2 ports?

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 26, 2019