Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

true, but i mean the war of the realms has been building up for like 2 years and now its here and its just kinda not terribly exciting or anything

Considering that the whole Realms thing originated after the supremely bitchin GodKiller arc, and was a blatant filler done in a really fun take on a D&D party quest I'd say it's probably done as well as expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm quite liking War of the Realms. It's working for me as this whole series of vignettes of heroes doing epic/hilarious poo poo. The only tie-ins that aren't really working for me are the ones taking this stuff too seriously.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
There's a lot about War of the Realms that I like, but conceptually, I think it'd have done better as an Inferno-style crossover where there are no spin-offs, but instead, the main story's just in Thor and everybody else has to deal with some element of it in their own books unless they're off-planet or something. The sheer scale of what's happening seems like it'd be more than just the usual summer-crossover bad weather.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

War of the Realm is just too big of a scope to be any good. There’s just been so much poo poo happening across so many realms and now it’s all clashing on Earth and every book is engulfed in it and half of it doesn’t make sense but we’re getting some kick rear end art and fights out of it so it evens out. It doesn’t have the personal drive some of his earlier parts of the run (Godkiller, Jane’s last stand) used to carry the narrative.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
The squirrel girl tie in is good, it's completely within the tone of the book.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

^^^ :hfive:
War of the Realms is worth it for the Squirrel Girl tie-in story

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

concurring that everything with war of the realms has left me cold but squirrel girl; looking forward to what comes after with jason aaron's run still though

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The New Agents of Atlas has been fun, and apparently done well enough it's going to be an ongoing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anything with Spider-Man has been good. I also liked the Journey Into Mystery mini.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot
Honestly, the level of goofy tie-ins we've been getting to War of the Realms has been amazing.

I mean it's worth it just for this panel of Squirrel Girl alone.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

Devil Dinosaur joining the Warriors Three!

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

All horses are talking horses.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Whatever is going on in Squirrel Girl doesn't hold a candle to Spider-Man and Buttercup.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

She-Hulk and Freyja having a heart to heart.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

My Drag Brunch With Loki was wonderful too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has Carol's cat been Goose for a while or did they just switch it from Chewie in this issue?

Sigh, poor WASP, only like 2 more issues left.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm gonna miss Wasp and Mr. and Mrs. X. It's always annoying when they cut my pull list for me.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

I'm gonna miss Wasp and Mr. and Mrs. X. It's always annoying when they cut my pull list for me.

I'm really hoping that the second wave or whatever of X books after the initial Hickman launch has ongoings from Kelly Thompson and Leah Williams. There's usually like ten X books being published so I'm betting some stuff will get announced pretty quickly after the Hickman books start actually dropping.

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"

Dawgstar posted:

The New Agents of Atlas has been fun, and apparently done well enough it's going to be an ongoing.

Reallyy??

Awesome!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What's the current status quo on Amadeus Cho? Is he still a Hulk who just isn't in any books right now, or has he been depowered?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

Has Carol's cat been Goose for a while or did they just switch it from Chewie in this issue?

She was called Chewie two issues ago.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

What's the current status quo on Amadeus Cho? Is he still a Hulk who just isn't in any books right now, or has he been depowered?

He's in Champions and New Agents of Atlas. Still green but de-powered from Hulk levels, calling himself 'Brawn.'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

He's in Champions and New Agents of Atlas. Still green but de-powered from Hulk levels, calling himself 'Brawn.'

I didn't realize Champions was still ongoing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I swear either everyone at marvel has completely given up on making creative names or this is some disney ploy to start trademarking generic words in the dictionary

site fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 25, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

She was called Chewie two issues ago.

First time she was shown as Goose then. Maybe she's got two cats. If someone was going to become a crazy cat lady in marvel, Carol seems pretty likely.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

twistedmentat posted:

First time she was shown as Goose then. Maybe she's got two cats. If someone was going to become a crazy cat lady in marvel, Carol seems pretty likely.

Oddly, Peter Parker is the next most likely, though he wouldn’t have come to own the cats by any choice of his own.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

PantsOptional posted:

Oddly, Peter Parker is the next most likely, though he wouldn’t have come to own the cats by any choice of his own.

Like those “I guess I have a cat now” images.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Gambit is already established as the premier classy catlady in marvel comics.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
EXCUSE ME

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Black Widow’s cat was the best part of Nathan Edmonson’s run besides the Phil Noto art.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Soonmot posted:

Gambit is already established as the premier classy catlady in marvel comics.

I don't think he'd own a cat.
He might have a cat, but it's probably not his.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

David D. Davidson posted:

I don't think he'd own a cat.
He might have a cat, but it's probably not his.

You should read mr and mrs x. Gambit owns many cats

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Majorie Liu's X-23 series established that Gambit has MANY cats, and Mr & Mrs X showed us that they're cool with Rogue.

I think that also made the Kate Beaton comic cannon.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

He said he 'lost it' at some point (so had a standard Hulk moment, I guess)? And I guess something happened to slim him down.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He hasn’t shown up in Immortal Hulk?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Parker is totally that guy who is really allergic to cats, but cats loooooooove.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

¡Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Amadeus Cho is too innocent for Immortal Hulk.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Exactly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
cho being in immortal hulk would completely destroy him (it destroys everyone), and he's being used in other books right now. so, not very likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

twistedmentat posted:

Nah it's the same cat; she doesn't call the cat goose, she says "Who's my little goose?" using the word as an affectionate label (a la "you silly goose," a favorite of my grandmother's). It's a sly wink and a nod to the film-Flerken's name, not a change to it.