Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Everyone thinks Multiple Man is a piece a poo poo tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
James Madrox becomes an active post-apocalyptic hazard. He split too much, and now they've all gone feral.

That's not even the worst part. The worst part is that Madroxes hooked up with Venoms.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hori realized he hosed up the dialog.

https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/1142979972388179969

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Related to the above:
https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1142975249975087104

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Fallen Angels.

I think they merged with JB a while back?

I ain't really sure.

Nah they just dropped MHA. They still do side materials when they come out tho.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 24, 2019

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Green Intern posted:

Redestro looking like Venom-Joker from the Batman: Arkham ___ video games
Ah, thank you for spelling out exactly why I didn't like this.

Chapter: I understand that he probably has this quirk in service of him being able to go toe-to-toe with Gigantomachia for a bit but it is still deeply underwhelming as a quirk. GET SWOLE is overdone in this series but more than that I just hate it when super intelligent puppet master characters get to be that and also super swole bruiser types. Once they discard their scheming and just start throwing punches they are so much less interesting as characters. It happened in One Piece with Doflamingo and it happened with Overhaul in My Hero... Ah.

It's a minor complaint though as MHA has generally had good characters and bad villains with the exception of the League so it's not exactly surprising. I still enjoyed everything else that happened in the chapter.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Overhaul was never interesting.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, Re-Destro's quirk being "actually I am bighuge mcpunchman!" is kinda boring and the only real misstep. Everything else is pretty cool still, but this is just disappointing. Unless it goes significantly worse from here, it'll just mean someone who could've been a memorable interesting foil for Shigaraki and co ends up just being mostly forgotten.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe Re-Destro will surprise and he will be a smart buffman or something. I mean look at how delicately he is trying to pull Shiggy's hand off at the end of the chapter.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Re-Destro's quirk is interesting because it's not just bighuge punchman. It's built into his characterisation impressively, he's constantly sedate and calm and calculating because all that stress is being stored for when he needs to actually throw down. It's literally the scene from Avengers but for a villain.

Also it's pretty consistent that the major villain leaders that the League meet are Shigaraki but less interesting, mostly because the whole point of these parts is to build up the League of Villains as worthy of being the most important villains.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also if he powers up from stress when gigantomachia shows up finally we may actually have someone who can credibly get in a power struggle with him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also none of the other Meta Liberation Leaders are Punchmen.

One of them can't even fight on his own.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Color_Division/status/1143043064409264130

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Also if he powers up from stress when gigantomachia shows up finally we may actually have someone who can credibly get in a power struggle with him.

Gigantomachia shows up, Destro gets so stressed out he becomes Wyzen and dies since he can't breathe in space. Which leaves the LoV and the scraps of the Liberation army to fight him.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Also none of the other Meta Liberation Leaders are Punchmen.

One of them can't even fight on his own.

Buddy, he becomes large and relies on hitting people. That's a punchman.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
That's why they said "other."

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
The power seems like it's more of a stockpile of anger built over time, I'd be disappointed if he gets super strong just because he's pressured. It'll probably happen though

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Half of Dracula posted:

The power seems like it's more of a stockpile of anger built over time, I'd be disappointed if he gets super strong just because he's pressured. It'll probably happen though

Gigantomachia then shows up, goes toe to toe with ReMr. Burns, respects him, and the whole plan backfires.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I bet Shigaraki is going to save Machia from a Re-Destro beatdown and that's how they create their power of friendship. Through murder.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I bet Shigaraki is going to save Machia from a Re-Destro beatdown and that's how they create their power of friendship. Through murder.

Nah, the maximum Irony is Re-Destro will successfully beat Gigantomachia and thus gain his loyalty, but the League will finally be able to beat Gigantomachia in return.

But I prefer your idea tbh.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i like it when people start throwing hands (sometimes literally!!) in a fighting manga

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drjuggalo posted:

i like it when people start throwing hands (sometimes literally!!) in a fighting manga

I can't imagine Shigaraki would ever literally throw a hand at someone but if he did that'd be hilarious.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Blaze Dragon posted:

I can't imagine Shigaraki would ever literally throw a hand at someone but if he did that'd be hilarious.

But imagine and edge case where thrown hand is dissolving its way into the core of the planet until the heat finally liquefies it and the quirk stops.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
You think the doctor has a Nomu with a healing quirk or something? Between Shigiraki's hand, Twice's arms, and Toga's everything, these guys are probably going to be out of commission for a while otherwise.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

You think the doctor has a Nomu with a healing quirk or something? Between Shigiraki's hand, Twice's arms, and Toga's everything, these guys are probably going to be out of commission for a while otherwise.

All for One said as much

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kild posted:

All for One said as much

Yeah, they used a healing quirk to help his own recovery, but does the Doc still have it or did All For One take it with him?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, they used a healing quirk to help his own recovery, but does the Doc still have it or did All For One take it with him?

AFO was too far gone for healing to be effective, so I suspect he left it behind for Shiggy

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

AFO was too far gone for healing to be effective, so I suspect he left it behind for Shiggy

Irony being the Quirk requires the user to touch the person being healed

So Shiggy can either heal your or turn you to dust by touching you

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

SgtSteel91 posted:

Irony being the Quirk requires the user to touch the person being healed

So Shiggy can either heal your or turn you to dust by touching you
Why not both for maximum torture? Too bad he doesn't have Overhaul's quirk.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

Why not both for maximum torture? Too bad he doesn't have Overhaul's quirk.

I wonder if they can extract the quirk from him if they kept one of his hands.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Now I'm imagining Shigaraki attaching any of the hands on him to an empty arm stump to use that person's Quirk like some sort of action figure.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Now I'm imagining Shigaraki attaching any of the hands on him to an empty arm stump to use that person's Quirk like some sort of action figure.

I like this idea.

It's broken as gently caress, but considering that his mentor was AFO it fits.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I was gonna say shiggy could even pull out magne’s hand too but overhaul made sure nothing of her entire top half stuck around...

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 28, 2019

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

RareAcumen posted:

Gigantomachia shows up, Destro gets so stressed out he becomes Wyzen and dies since he can't breathe in space. Which leaves the LoV and the scraps of the Liberation army to fight him.

So now I want this to end with ReDestro growing huge and going for the fingerpoke of doom, only to get vaporized by a one-armed Shigaraki.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

drjuggalo posted:

I was gonna say shiggy could even pull out magne’s hand too but overhaul made sure nothing of his entire top half stuck around...

Not trying to start something, but you might wanna reconsider one of the words in that post.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

drjuggalo posted:

I was gonna say shiggy could even pull out magne’s hand too but overhaul made sure nothing of his entire top half stuck around...

To elaborate on what the previous poster said, Magne would be "her", not "his". She's explicitly trans, and Twice even gets furious at Overhaul for misgendering her later in that arc.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 27, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Crain posted:

I like this idea.

It's broken as gently caress, but considering that his mentor was AFO it fits.

if him fighting deku is actually the finale and not deku fighting AFO then there isn't really any way around him being able to use multiple quirks to have a remote chance of winning the fight

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Roland Jones posted:

To elaborate on what the previous poster said, Magne would be "her", not "his". She's explicitly trans, and Twice even gets furious at Overhaul for misgendering her later in that arc.

I shoulda googled (or even skimmed the chapter in question), no excuses and I’m sorry

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 28, 2019

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Jaimini translation.

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/234/page/1

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
now im curious what shiggy does after this arc ends

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
MangaStream translation, meanwhile. I can see one part where JB seems like the more accurate one, at least.

drjuggalo posted:

I shoulda googled (or even skimmed the chapter in question), no excuses and I’m sorry

Hey, thanks for apologizing, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So he has the hands of his dad, mom, grandpa, and grandma, but not of his sister. She's totally still alive.