Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

With some speed buffs Wukong's forward+RMB combo is almost faster than normal bullet jumping and rolling. Might be faster with a buff volt and wisp. His slide attack speed feels like it still covers a lot more distance than any of his other combos though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.

gaj70 posted:

Do you have a proper, unix-style MB3? Or are you using things like mouse wheel presses, dpi+ buttons, etc?

It got those buttons on its side. I guess that they ought to be called MB4-5 if the mousewheel is normally called MB3? But besides those it has 2 DPI adjusting buttons and one DPI-switch button that I have rebound to different functions.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have a G602 with 6 side buttons. Have Alt-fire on middle mouse, my powers on 3 of the side buttons, melee on the middle bottom, and transference on the last button. I just bullet jump with shift+ctrl+space like normal.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have so little left for MR fodder I am now building K-drives.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I keep my mouse default as I'd rather not compromise my aim by pressing other buttons with my hand. Mostly a competitive shooter thing, but then again headshots deal increased damage in Warframe too.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://warframe.market/auctions
riven trading is on warframe.market now, maybe the auctions will cause their prices to drop

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Weird bug happening for me in Fortuna if I switch in and out of spoiler mode with Umbra Excal it creates dead headless clones that drop to the floor with a comedy thunk.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Looks like nothing for Nightwave Intermission 16, not even 15 norabux.

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
They confirmed right at the start that there are no prestige ranks this time because it's just an intermission, not a proper season.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The new Wukong feels like a blender. It is so fun.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Pretty sure I did that 30 minute survival in the kuva fortress with a nekros, a nyx, and two wukongs.

It is a small new day for Warframe.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 26, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They did the impossible and made Wukong fun. Praise Pablo.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wukong rework dropped on PS4 today and I saw more Wukongs in a day than I’ve seen in at least a year. Had a defense with 3 (well 6) of them.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
One of the nice things about Plague Star is all the Tusk Thumpers that keep strolling up and having a full party to kill them, cause I just got a second Augur Secrets.

Also an awesome new change, Fortuna fish parts now say what fish they came from.

And I've noticed some weird symbols on non-opening doors in the puzzle rooms on Jupiter, they're super feint, and don't always show up on the same door in the same room:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1143731509020549122

It's red and dead center of the door, it's really hard to see though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Here is the Wukong build I am using. I feel like it is overkill but it clears maps like nothing else I've ever played. I am still fairly new to the game so you can just ignore the arcanes, they are all I have :smith:

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The worst part of the Wukong update is waiting for space aids to clear, because he hasn't left the orbiter in years.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Here's what I settled on. I decided that I didn't really need a ton of duration on Wukong, he's got decent energy so as long as your duration is positive the drain on his 4 isn't that bad, Defy likes duration but doesn't really need it because it any hairy situation you're getting enough damage to hit 1500 armor in two seconds easy, and Cloud Walker definitely likes also likes duration but two or three seconds of that is enough to zip through spy vaults for me. The only thing I plan on changing is swapping out probably Augur Secrets for his Iron Staff augment.

I also slapped together an umbral build that only has those, corpro, blind rage, primed cont, and adaptation. Did that mostly for the base armor buff as it ended up with less strength than this build, but it is survival overkill.

Primed Reach is probably really nice on his 4 but I haven't had any problems with range. By default most attacks are as big or bigger than standard hallways, and that first attack in his distance closing combo has some pretty silly forward range. I went with CO on his staff because it can't use Blood Rush, which makes me think stacking gladiator mods is a totally valid thing to do but I haven't experimented with it. Gas and electric tag multiple things per proc and all crowds die in a hit or two, this thing can shred Noxes quickly for a melee. Drifting Contact also makes perfect sense, more status chance and the combo duration are aces. I decided to run with Naramon instead in order to fit some elec on here without dropping anything else.

E: This isn't a critique really. This works quite well for me but your build looks perfectly fine, especially if you have enough str for iron staff and the duration feels real nice.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
New Wukong is fun.

Note: you probably don't need 7 forma for these builds, I went back and forth a few times.

High duration for longer missions, so I don't have to refresh Defy as often:

High efficiency for short missions so I can get up to speed quickly:

I also have a max duration/natural talent build for cheesing spy missions.

You should practice flying around in Cloud Walker until it becomes second nature, because it is just a great way to move through missions quickly once you get in the habit of using it instead of parkour (and learn to avoid flying into walls).

My Iron Staff:

Doubling up on speed mods lets you build combo faster, and you can spin2win across an open map faster than you can bullet jump. I'm using Drifting Contact to keep my combo count up, because the combo multiplier isn't just for Blood Rush: a 3x combo multiplier is a 3x damage multiplier. It's worth noting that Iron Staff's combo multiplier is separate from your non-exalted melee, when you activate your Iron Staff you'll be starting from zero, and your other melee weapon's combo count will decay normally as long as Iron Staff is out.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FunkyFjord posted:

Here's what I settled on. I decided that I didn't really need a ton of duration on Wukong, he's got decent energy so as long as your duration is positive the drain on his 4 isn't that bad, Defy likes duration but doesn't really need it because it any hairy situation you're getting enough damage to hit 1500 armor in two seconds easy, and Cloud Walker definitely likes also likes duration but two or three seconds of that is enough to zip through spy vaults for me. The only thing I plan on changing is swapping out probably Augur Secrets for his Iron Staff augment.

I also slapped together an umbral build that only has those, corpro, blind rage, primed cont, and adaptation. Did that mostly for the base armor buff as it ended up with less strength than this build, but it is survival overkill.

Primed Reach is probably really nice on his 4 but I haven't had any problems with range. By default most attacks are as big or bigger than standard hallways, and that first attack in his distance closing combo has some pretty silly forward range. I went with CO on his staff because it can't use Blood Rush, which makes me think stacking gladiator mods is a totally valid thing to do but I haven't experimented with it. Gas and electric tag multiple things per proc and all crowds die in a hit or two, this thing can shred Noxes quickly for a melee. Drifting Contact also makes perfect sense, more status chance and the combo duration are aces. I decided to run with Naramon instead in order to fit some elec on here without dropping anything else.

E: This isn't a critique really. This works quite well for me but your build looks perfectly fine, especially if you have enough str for iron staff and the duration feels real nice.

Noooo don't think it's a critique I appreciate it. A Youtuber said that the Gladiator mods on your droid work on you, so that is why I put that picture there too. I think I might replace one of the duration mods with Rage. A few times yesterday I actually ran out of energy, but my Zaw is basically the same build as the iron staff so I just kept spinning till I got more.

But yeah, with the range (not even maxed) I am doing roll attacks and wiping our whole room of level 80's. It is seriously a loving lawnmower, and it made my Pro Controller vibrate so much I needed to turn it off for fear of it exploding.

I have not had this much fun with a frame since I got Saryn Prime. Can't wait to see how hard I can push this build.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Some weird things I have now just found on Jupiter: a 30 Minute affinity booster and a Feildron (not a sample)

Anora fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 26, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Anora posted:

Some weird things I have now just found on Jupiter: a 30 Minute affinity booster and a Feildron (not a sample)

You found a rare container. They can spawn just about anywhere, and often contain things like boosters, forma, etc.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Nnnnn new Wukong is so much fun. Decided to do a 40 minute Mot just for the Hell of it and it was a goddamn blast.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Yeah I'm loving Nukong.

Seems best to have no melee equipped as the twin teleports to you after moving 10 feet away and you have your staff on demand anyway.

"If Wukong has no melee weapon but has both a primary and secondary weapon, the twin will only use the primary weapon. If Wukong has only one weapon equipped, the twin will use that weapon."

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I finally got Hydroid Prime Systems to drop and, I gotta say, Hydroid is way more fun than I was expecting. Now some enterprising Tennogen person just needs to come up with a cool deep sea diver skin for him, please.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I revisited Hydroid a little while back and feel the same way. He's not really meta at anything but you can just wade into the middle of a fight and start knocking around everything in the tile, that's fun and it's only two or three abilities.

My only issue with Nukong, and he is still definitely another example of Praise For Pablo, is that his clone needs to be more aggressive with melee. I get that if it didn't stop attacking and just slide attacked everywhere then we'd have missions full of wuclones sweeping the floor with everything while the players stood around and watched. But the clone will walk up to something, swing once, and then wait three or four seconds before swinging again even if it runs up to a new target. It's a lot better at constantly firing whatever gun it has than it is about meleeing through groups.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
I've found Wuklone is most aggressive with a secondary. I tried throwing him up in a defense with the Soma Prime and he just kind of walked around trying to look like he was working. But in other missions when I make sure my Catchmoon is in his hands, he's blasting everybody all over the place.

Also I found out yesterday that when you're fishing, he switches to melee. So, if you want good fishing defense, just equip the one weapon you want him to use (he will even shoot dropships when they're in a certain range - usually as the Grineer are jumping off.)

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

thylacine posted:

Also I found out yesterday that when you're fishing, he switches to melee. So, if you want good fishing defense, just equip the one weapon you want him to use (he will even shoot dropships when they're in a certain range - usually as the Grineer are jumping off.)

What if you're hunting? Does he mow down the animals?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Is there some trick to cetus wisps? I read and watched the guides, made a few attemps over the last 2 days and haven't seen a single one, neither with my eyes or map with loot radar. Whats going on?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They're small and barely moving so if you're zooming around fast it's real real easy to skip over the three or so that will spawn during day time. Get lower to the ground if you're flying about and don't see any. I used a Zephyr to hunt them down, would zip between locations and then just bullet jump along shore lines, and while there are definitely faster methods of getting around that always made the wisps pretty easy to spot for me at least.

E: I feel like wuclone is more aggressive with a secondary too. It was definitely trying with my Boar, Exergis, Mutalist Cernos, Plasmor, and the Zarr in particular was pretty drat effective. But it seemed to stand around a lot less with a Pox, Staticor, Catchmoon, Rattleguts, Gaze, Twin Kohmak, and a couple of other secondaries I played around with. Still think it's melee needs to be a little more aggressive but overall wuclone is pretty drat good.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 27, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

only try to farm wisps at night. they are rare enough during the day to make it a complete waste of time.

try to do a few circuits every time you get a resource booster. they will add up fast and you dont really need that many anymore.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Sekenr posted:

Is there some trick to cetus wisps? I read and watched the guides, made a few attemps over the last 2 days and haven't seen a single one, neither with my eyes or map with loot radar. Whats going on?

Get as much loot range as possible, on you and your cat/sentinel.

Wisps always spawn right on the edge of bodies of water, so you can ignore all other loot markers. Eventually you'll remember the more common wisp locations and can get a good route down.

I like to bring a Max duration Zephyr, then hit m to bring up the map full screen. I don't even really look at the game itself when wisp farming, and the z axis is irrelevant so I just zip around and scan the map as quickly as possible.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Does animal instinct stack when you have it in venari and a cat/sentinel?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes.

You can see forever.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

thylacine posted:

I've found Wuklone is most aggressive with a secondary. I tried throwing him up in a defense with the Soma Prime and he just kind of walked around trying to look like he was working. But in other missions when I make sure my Catchmoon is in his hands, he's blasting everybody all over the place.

Yeah, my clone with Catchmoon is a loving monster.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

animal instinct stacks on venari, fetch does not

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Pipski posted:

What if you're hunting? Does he mow down the animals?

Greetings from Cetus and kill the animals

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4lva37Y43c

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Shy is an artist.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Sekenr posted:

like others have said do it at night and watch for radar loot boxes that are right on the shoreline. there are some non-wisp loot locations on the shores of various bodies of water that some jerk placed there to trick us but after doing it for a little bit you get used to those and can spot an actual wisp spawn on the map instantly. it just takes practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Got a 75% off coupon, so I sold some Prime stuff and got Nukong. He's good, really like Defy. Also finished up Loki Prime.

Still need to work on Baruuk, Khora, and Harrow, but they are kind of annoying to get.