Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

That drop of water that splashes up on your butthole after a big dookie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Maker Of Shoes posted:

we did a heroic minaj tonight and while we did 1 shot it the under light black out situation is unfun bullshit. some things we learned:

1) just crutch wells and tethers. we had a commander Titan that came in handy too but all the heavy lifting was tether and well.
2) the drop you get at the end is rng but pre masterworked which is cool I guess. mine was trash so thanks for 7 cores I guess. im guessing it's a once a week drop thing.
3) have OP. there is not enough ammo for heavy or special to deal with the health pool of bosses. 6 OPs is honestly the only real way to deal with it.
4) the cyclops boss in crystals or gauntlet gives no fucks about your well.
5) hunted and riposte just move as a group leap frogging wells and tethers
6) mockery is horse poo poo. just protect one point and focus on staying alive

opulent mods probably changes some of this but we're not rolling in choices yet.

What is OP in point 3?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

oversized penis

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

huh posted:

What is OP in point 3?

Outbreak Perfected, the exotic pulse

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

we did a heroic minaj tonight and while we did 1 shot it the under light black out situation is unfun bullshit. some things we learned:

1) just crutch wells and tethers. we had a commander Titan that came in handy too but all the heavy lifting was tether and well.
2) the drop you get at the end is rng but pre masterworked which is cool I guess. mine was trash so thanks for 7 cores I guess. im guessing it's a once a week drop thing.
3) have OP. there is not enough ammo for heavy or special to deal with the health pool of bosses. 6 OPs is honestly the only real way to deal with it.
4) the cyclops boss in crystals or gauntlet gives no fucks about your well.
5) hunted and riposte just move as a group leap frogging wells and tethers
6) mockery is horse poo poo. just protect one point and focus on staying alive

opulent mods probably changes some of this but we're not rolling in choices yet.

We did the same thing and heavily agree on every point. Tether, wells, and outbreaks are all pretty critical. Other than that it's no different from regular, so I expect people won't do it much once they get all the triumphs and unique drops they want.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Bust Rodd posted:

Outbreak Perfected, the exotic pulse

Some have been saying its ability to damage bosses like a special or heavy makes it due for a nerf, and the facts seem to be bearing this out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
But isn’t that only the case if literally everyone has one, like Rat King?

Why? Grenade Launchers, or specifically the Spike Grenades perk seems to be the real culprit these days.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Some have been saying its ability to damage bosses like a special or heavy makes it due for a nerf, and the facts seem to be bearing this out.

Based on what facts? The pve meta is tractor plus swarm of the raven right now for CoS. (and everything else foe that matter its how people are doing LE now too). A Heroic Menagerie meta hasnt stablized yet. But you dont need to run Outbreak for it and most people seem to be running other stuff. I do agree its probably optimal given the bullshit Iron health pools.

Then again Whisper wasnt meta anymore in any raid before it got nerfed. So.. ...

anglachel fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 26, 2019

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Heh...hehe...heh emoji

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

anglachel posted:

Based on what facts? The pve meta is tractor plus swarm of the raven right now for CoS. (and everything else foe that matter its how people are doing LE now too). A Heroic Menagerie meta hasnt stablized yet. But you dont need to run Outbreak for it and most people seem to be running other stuff. I do agree its probably optimal given the bullshit Iron health pools.

Then again Whisper wasnt meta anymore in any raid before it got nerfed. So.. ...

Based on him arguing for it a few pages back.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
games like that crack me up

"hey guys, can you be slightly less desperate for death? not every bullet needs to go right into your mouth hole"

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

Maker Of Shoes posted:

games like that crack me up

"hey guys, can you be slightly less desperate for death? not every bullet needs to go right into your mouth hole"

Game right after

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

They changed the Nightfalls to Lake of Shadows, Inverted Spire, and Insight Terminus

Strange Terrain next week would be nice since I need only the rocket launcher for the only title I'm likely ever to get

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

yamdankee posted:

Game right after

:negative:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Roman posted:

They changed the Nightfalls to Lake of Shadows, Inverted Spire, and Insight Terminus

Strange Terrain next week would be nice since I need only the rocket launcher for the only title I'm likely ever to get

Heck yeah! Who wants to go grindin' for some Militia's Birthrights?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hoping we get some Armor 2.0 info soon. They already said that Universal Ornaments will only work with new armor in Shadowkeep. They showed a bunch of Y1 armor in the vidoc and the new mod system on that Y1 Noble Constant armor. Does that mean the armor in collections will all be blank with slots for the new mods, or will we have to grind out Y2 versions of the EP armor and all that poo poo again?

Note that they're using the Y1 armor in the screenshot in the Eververse update, so I'm thinking the latter.
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47935

If it's the latter then I'm pretty much done working towards getting any more armor until September, including the new Solstice stuff, unless they make everything into Ornaments or something

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Did it climb above the #18 spot? I didn't realize it got buffed

Next time we run heroic Minaj I'll stream so you can watch. OP is extremely useful for this activity, but it's far from being overpowered and really just helps to make the "I'm all out of heavy and special!" slogs be a little less ruinous.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't forget that you can do your one rally banner use at any point during an encounter, it doesn't have to be at the beginning unlike the raids. So if you already have a lot of heavy and special and 90% super you can get a free refill in the middle of the fight instead.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Don't forget that you can do your one rally banner use at any point during an encounter, it doesn't have to be at the beginning unlike the raids. So if you already have a lot of heavy and special and 90% super you can get a free refill in the middle of the fight instead.

Lol legit didn’t know this

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

This...owns? I didn't know this?

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
What exactly do you need to do to get the secret boss triumph for this week's menagerie boss?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Listerine posted:

What exactly do you need to do to get the secret boss triumph for this week's menagerie boss?

One person per harpy pool. So, basically impossible if you aren't in a communicating 6-stack.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

haveblue posted:

One person per harpy pool. So, basically impossible if you aren't in a communicating 6-stack.

Only one person per pool, at any time? But a given person can be in a pool multiple times?

Or, each person can only be in a pool once during the entire fight?

anglachel
May 28, 2012

haveblue posted:

Its really only possible solo if you are playing nighthawk hunter and making sure to goldie asap after you personally kill the harpy. Even then its pretty iffy.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Listerine posted:

Only one person per pool, at any time? But a given person can be in a pool multiple times?

One person period i believe

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So you have to one phase him to get the triumph? That can't be right

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
only one person can be in a pool at a time

thats it

same person, different person, whatever. so long as only one person is in a pool at a time

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
solo q'ing regular gambit to chip away at 21%

some big lols

https://i.imgur.com/ul3uJfL.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/XrzBHRC.gifv

im only ever on the idiot team which is fitting for my idiot self but it would be nice to maybe win a game now and again

edit:

holy. loving. lol.

https://i.imgur.com/kve6HmL.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 27, 2019

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Thorn is great but when you pick up those green orbs...:discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N8lmNYhOmI

I efforted for Revoker, and people argue it over or against Beloved...but I still love Twilight Oath the best? (Opening shot / Outlaw)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-1CxDThOaI

"Oh is this a teammate? Allow me to get RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIaKf-SlLqQ

And...at least I think it was Frontal Assault that allowed me to do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smUPwB1pzpg

Edit: Also this Ghost in the Night medal :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyeQKeiAty4

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 27, 2019

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Listerine posted:

Just ask if everyone wants to do it over chat, people usually seem willing to help once you explain it to them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
How do you do that when maybe 0.5% of the players opt in to team voice?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

Oh whoops thought this was the PC thread. Most people have text chat enabled there at least.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't think a lot of people opt in for text chat on PC because I've yet to see some gamer words in chat.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
90% of the time I'm typing in destiny chat is me yelling into the void at utterly dumb gently caress pubbies who won't bank in gambit.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had been playing for a year when I realized typing in Fireteam doesn’t do anything if you’re playing SoloQ, you have to type in Team for pubbies to read what you’re saying.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1DSLRcR_Ew

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Moon is deffo haunted, says nasa

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011