Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You could not have Judgment without the initial, warming embrace of your aniki Kiryu. His support lead us all to this moment, and gives us the courage to play that man who does indeed gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I'm really glad to hear Judgment has a main character that is substantially different from Kiryu.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

You could not have Judgment without the initial, warming embrace of your aniki Kiryu. His support lead us all to this moment, and gives us the courage to play that man who does indeed gently caress.

Akiyama and Majima gently caress. :colbert:

Separately, I mean, not each other. Well, except in my fanfic...

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Just completed the intro, and I'm all in on Judgment. Already miss Kiryu. Can't wait to see Yagami's story.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like the finale of Chapter 2 does a lot to show that while Yagami is a cool dude, he's much more of a normal guy than Kiryu, I like it!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I feel like the finale of Chapter 2 does a lot to show that while Yagami is a cool dude, he's much more of a normal guy than Kiryu, I like it!

I know what you mean, but I'm thinking about the part right after the bit you mean and laughing at the idea of that as 'normal'.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I noticed a patch went up today, it better make the OP play at the start of each chapter.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
gently caress just wasted like 3 hours playing pinball. I somehow misread the completion as 5000 not 500,

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I noticed a patch went up today, it better make the OP play at the start of each chapter.
I want it to play everytime I start the game up!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
When Shin Shin Yakuza 12 Kiwami drops in 2072 Shangri-La will still be a burnt out wreck.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

my only request for Shin Yakuza is to bring back Majima's pink truck

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I hate Puyo Puyo so very, very much. How the hell is the completion point for Beat Every Rival a silver when most of them require winning 3-4 times in a row against these shitheads to even get a chance at them and the Win 30 Times one a Gold?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Policenaut posted:

I hate Puyo Puyo so very, very much. How the hell is the completion point for Beat Every Rival a silver when most of them require winning 3-4 times in a row against these shitheads to even get a chance at them and the Win 30 Times one a Gold?
:smuggo: UH-WOH! UH-WOH! SU-TEPPINGU!

:smuggo: AIIIISUU STOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!

:smuggo: BOKU NO KACHI DA!

(:same: my friend, :same:)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Puyo Puyo is one of the greatest games ever made but I guess you might learn to hate it if you were forced to play it

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
That opening and song is really slick.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

an actual dog posted:

Puyo Puyo is one of the greatest games ever made but I guess you might learn to hate it if you were forced to play it
I would probably enjoy playing with a friend, not so much against an AI that will drop a three/four chain combo, then another one literally two or three drops later, then another one after that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Is Judgment supposed to take place before or after Yakuza 6? I thought I read somewhere this takes place in between 5 and 6

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

CharlestonJew posted:

Is Judgment supposed to take place before or after Yakuza 6? I thought I read somewhere this takes place in between 5 and 6

It's after 6, seeing as how the murders take place in 2018. You'll note that Little Asia is being rebuilt after Yuta burnt it down in the last game :v:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, I'm so hyped that Judgement is out. I thought it wasn't coming out until next year or something, but then suddenly saw that it was released today.

One cool thing that surprised me is that the protagonist is played by Kimura Takuya (or Kimutaku as he's known by fans). That dude was in a number of J-Dramas (because he was in SMAP) that I watched back in high school, like Long Vacation*, Beautiful Life, Love Generation, etc.

* the dude with the puffy hair in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiNQeQQJWgw

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I know what you mean, but I'm thinking about the part right after the bit you mean and laughing at the idea of that as 'normal'.

Yeah that entire sequence was both :thatsrad: and :krad: at the same time and I was completely marking out over it

Also thank god I've been looking for cats in every investigation sequence, apparently there was a trophy for it and I haven't missed a single one, because of course I'm going to look for a cat if I can hear one.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

who wanted fighting vipers in yakuza

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the side case about the cake

what a masterpiece, game of the year

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm very mad that mahjong is still in these games but none of the billiards bars are still open

Your headquarters is in a building with a billiards sign but you can't play billiards! What is this gentrification nonsense

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Xarbala posted:

Also thank god I've been looking for cats in every investigation sequence, apparently there was a trophy for it and I haven't missed a single one, because of course I'm going to look for a cat if I can hear one.
I'm always looking for the cats in Y6 but there's also a friendly cat that hangs around my house and meows at people, and things get a bit nerve wracking.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Akiyama and Majima gently caress. :colbert:

Separately, I mean, not each other. Well, except in my fanfic...

I believe it is more accurate to say that Majima occasionally stops loving

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

If a tailing mission requires you to wear a disguise and you pick anything other than Bram-sama's disguise then you're playing Judgment for all the wrong reasons. :colbert:

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Beat the Yakuza 6 story last night ending my 10 month long run of numbered Yakuza playthroughs. Might just take this time to go back and round out substories from the Yakuza games and maybe get the platinum for 6 until Judgement goes on sale.

I've heard people complain about the end of 6, but the only thing that annoyed me about it was the death fake-outs, becuase I saw them coming which negated the emotional impact. It's a trope that's been driven into the ground.

Having played all the numbered games I feel obligated to rank them (best to least best): 0, 5, 6, K2, 3, K1, 4. If 6 had a coliseum it would probably be number 2.

I continued playing for a bit to see what the post game offered and was happy to see the Ono Michio outfit available which led to this moment. Picture is a bit low quality due to being a screencap from a streamed video:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Holy crap, Yagami just explained his patented YAGAMI system for picking up women and it loving rules. Y: You are the real prize. A: Ask lots of questions. G: Go for it... A: ...as soon as you... M: ...make her feel comfortable! The I is either I: Ignore her calls the next day, unless you like her, in which case it's I: Invite her out again!

GOTY

RGG studio games, fun and educational.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

they're playing the "Very Special Episode" theme during a dramatic scene and I'm just

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lets hang out posted:

who wanted fighting vipers in yakuza

me

Also this first drone "search for the hotspots" type thing sucks rear end

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm still early but should I be aggressively checking these hangout spots for sidestories and junk? The few ones I've gone to so far have just had people yell at me and tell me to go away (just like irl)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Motor Raid is a curious little mini-game and I appreciate it being added by the merits of it being the very first time this weird obscure Sega AM2 arcade game has ever seen a console release but it's really simple and easy. I finished the objectives for it in a single sitting and won every race except the very last stage (and still got an S ranking).

Fighting Vipers drove me mad at times and it took like half an hour but it's neat to see it in HD.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao @ this actor

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
Is there any way to turn off the tooltips in Judgment? Even though I've put in around 5 or so hours into the game, the same few keep popping up every few minutes and it's pretty annoying.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlestonJew posted:

I'm still early but should I be aggressively checking these hangout spots for sidestories and junk? The few ones I've gone to so far have just had people yell at me and tell me to go away (just like irl)

The more friendly you are with people the less that'll happen but I dunno if I've ever found out anything useful from one lol
I'm more amused that apparently Japanese cigarettes only have one in a pack

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Sakurazuka posted:

The more friendly you are with people the less that'll happen but I dunno if I've ever found out anything useful from one lol
I'm more amused that apparently Japanese cigarettes only have one in a pack
You can get items from them, apparently; I got a Staminan from someone in the Cafe Alps break room after befriending the manager there. So far all I've heard at the public ones is regular NPC chatter, but for the hangouts associated with specific businesses it seems like you have to make friends first.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
also lollin' at all the Millennium Tower getting built, Kamurocho Hills getting built, and meanwhile Shangri-La is a bombed-out husk for fourteen years

get Majima Construction on that poo poo

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Scott Strichart, localization producer for the series, is streaming Judgment with Greg Chun (Yagami) and Joe Zieja (Hoshino) right now and they're doing live side case readings, if anyone's interested.

https://twitch.tv/sega

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Koi Koi is loving incomprehensible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
nah. it's literally play one draw one, as well as learning combinations. it's really simple.