Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

cr0y posted:

So ummm /r/the_donald has a giant "This sub is quarantined are you sure you want to visit?"

Lol

And everyone is losing their poo poo lmao

Oh my god it’s glorious. People are calling in treason and they are mad they can no longer find their only source of “real news”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

cr0y posted:

So ummm /r/the_donald has a giant "This sub is quarantined are you sure you want to visit?"

Lol

And everyone is losing their poo poo lmao

:allears: heartwarming

e: force-stickied post at the top:

Munkeymon fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 26, 2019

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
god i hope trump tries to explain reddit as part of a censorship rant

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I wonder if it has anything to do with Ravelry bringing down the mighty banfist on their Trump posting? There was a bit of a controversy a few months ago when a MAGA hat pattern got delisted, and the site admins had obviously had their fill of Pro Trump/white supremacy posting and blanket banned it in the interest of maintaining an inclusive knitting space safe from fascist bullshit.

It does seem like there's a bit of a groundswell very recently of "supporting Trump is tantamount to supporting white supremacy" being endorsed by organizations/websites/companies, which is one of the forms of authority that people at large do look up to.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

My fav are the replies to the mod announcement...

"FOREIGN INTERFERENCE!!!!"

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

You aren't wrong except in numbers. It does disproportionately affect black women but proportion of college graduates matter.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/soci...lose-race-gaps/

This is absolutely an issue, and one that absolutely must be dealt with, and if it was more targeted I would have no issue. If this was aimed at underserved under-represented communities I would find no problem. But the fact that it's a broad stroke applies to everyone solution rankles me with all of the problems that we face as a country.

My wife and I carry college debt and it's not something that is trivial, however I disagree strongly that this is the best way to go about solving the issue. Let's solve the problem going forward before we worry about ourselves.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

It does seem like there's a bit of a groundswell very recently of "supporting Trump is tantamount to supporting white supremacy" being endorsed by organizations/websites/companies, which is one of the forms of authority that people at large do look up to.

I'm down for it. Capitalism as the cause of, and temporary solution to, all of life's problems except the lack of biological immortality. So far

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Love to brag that John McCain is in hell

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1143925197562683392?s=21

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

:same:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Oh my god it’s glorious. People are calling in treason and they are mad they can no longer find their only source of “real news”

The comments are like everyone single Facebook post about politics 'WHAT ABOUT ARE FREEDOM OF SPEECH THIS IS STILL AMERICA'

The same people that could quote you 2A haven't the foggiest what the 1st one actually means.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Holy gently caress that's vile even for him.

I mean turbofuck McCain but literally celebrating his death in public is beyond the pale.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think it's kind of poo poo they didn't just outright nuke the place. The quarantine warning basically acknowledges they broke the rules (that other subs have presumably been banned for.)

Like "help the mods maintain the community by reporting violating posts." - I'm under the impression mods are typically per sub, and admins can oversee any subreddit? Lol yeah what good are reports to t_d mods gonna do.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I wonder if it has anything to do with Ravelry bringing down the mighty banfist on their Trump posting? There was a bit of a controversy a few months ago when a MAGA hat pattern got delisted, and the site admins had obviously had their fill of Pro Trump/white supremacy posting and blanket banned it in the interest of maintaining an inclusive knitting space safe from fascist bullshit.

I heard it had more to do with some posts advocating violence against the police for trying to round up the Oregon GOP runaways.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

I hope someone plays this outside Meghan McCain's window Say Anything style the next time she defends the camps and says they aren't torturous.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Wylie posted:

This dude has the right idea and you people dumping on him are uninformed. Go look up "segregation academies" and get back to me. Private schools, especially grade-school ones, are one of the reasons public schools fail at the rate they do.
I don't think people are making GBS threads on that as much as my plan to slowly price liberal arts schools out of the market without nationalizing state schools.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Unironically this

I'M JOHN MCCAIN'S DAUGHTER! :byodame: will be right on this one

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I think it's kind of poo poo they didn't just outright nuke the place. The quarantine warning basically acknowledges they broke the rules (that other subs have presumably been banned for.)

nah they usually quarantine places before banning them unless they're doing outright illegal poo poo or are clearly re-regs of banned subs.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Critical posted:

Holy gently caress that's vile even for him.

I mean turbofuck McCain but literally celebrating his death in public is beyond the pale.

No its not McCain was a warmongering piece of poo poo with the blood of thousands on his hands and I'm glad he's dead.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Pretty cool to see how thoroughly and absolutely the Republican party has become a captured cult of personality. Cheeto Benito says someone is bad, they're bad. Cast them out and cull them from the herd. Who they are, what they say, what they've done...meaningless. The Great High Anger Mango has spoken, do not question his proclamation.

Doubly so that it's all rotten mush-brained flailing of dying neurons.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Trump is stupid trash but so is McCain, I wish there was a hell for McCain to rot in.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1143912874307391489

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Wylie posted:

This dude has the right idea and you people dumping on him are uninformed. Go look up "segregation academies" and get back to me. Private schools, especially grade-school ones, are one of the reasons public schools fail at the rate they do.

Private schools are excuses for white conservatives to have a place for alternative education and pump out Fox News crazies to establish their power and are racist amongst other things.

gently caress private schools.

Also I went to a private primary education school set up by American and British embassies in Saudi with kids of diplomats and military and it was really baller and awesome.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

nah they usually quarantine places before banning them unless they're doing outright illegal poo poo or are clearly re-regs of banned subs.

Oh cool, I hadn't really heard of quarantined subreddits before. Well fingers crossed for the outright nuke then.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Any update on the Wayfair walkout? Was it supposed to start 20 minutes ago or am I thinking of the wrong timezone

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU7gnMSzf_c

Appropriate response to McCain being a corpse so he cant kill any more innocent people.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

Being that the red MAGA or USA cap has quickly become this century’s swastika armband, it’s not a surprise that loads of companies are trying to distance themselves from Trump and his supporters.

Wayfair has hopefully screwed themselves out of a customer base for a really long time.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

FizFashizzle posted:

Why is he only ever right for the wrong reasons?

(I know, it's because his brain works wrong)

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/Cambridge_Uni/status/1143550175732011010

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/wsfa12news/status/1143677504391176194

Guess the state

Alabama

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Here's the thing. If you are glad McCain is dead because he was a hawk and his actions killed a shitload of people I'll wave that flag with you all fuckin day.

Trump is glad hes dead because McCain said mean things about him.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beaten

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Gatts posted:

Private schools are excuses for white conservatives to have a place for alternative education and pump out Fox News crazies to establish their power and are racist amongst other things.

gently caress private schools.

Also I went to a private primary education school set up by American and British embassies in Saudi with kids of diplomats and military and it was really baller and awesome.

:hmmyes:

gently caress private schools and charter schools

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/mradamscott/status/1143927669043548160

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Critical posted:

Here's the thing. If you are glad McCain is dead because he was a hawk and his actions killed a shitload of people I'll wave that flag with you all fuckin day.

Trump is glad hes dead because McCain said mean things about him.

Trump is saying "I'm glad he's dead because he was in my way". And he expected that to be an applause line.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/JonWalkerDC/status/1133782545085022208?s=19

https://twitter.com/JonWalkerDC/status/1133785880601145344?s=19

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Critical posted:

glad McCain is dead because he was a hawk and his actions killed a shitload of people I'll wave that flag with you all fuckin day.

All you need my man.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I hate the people responding with their own sassy gifs. When they are being loaded into cattle-cars they'll still be tweeting Community gifs to voice their displeasure with authoritarianism

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I forget was Andrew Jackson still dueling people while he was in office?

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

kumba posted:

Any update on the Wayfair walkout? Was it supposed to start 20 minutes ago or am I thinking of the wrong timezone

https://twitter.com/wayfairwalkout/status/1143936986325114882?s=20

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

I hate the people responding with their own sassy gifs. When they are being loaded into cattle-cars they'll still be tweeting Community gifs to voice their displeasure with authoritarianism

That's Mitch McConnell's org posting the gif and Adam Scott posting a text-only request that they not do that. Twitter threading is somehow still terrible even when there are only 2 tweets involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol: