Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

SelenicMartian posted:

"What if we gave you a guarded target in the jungle" and "What if the Mumbai apartment were a fortress" seem more like templates for contract makers.
Unless something has changed, those maps cannot be used to make contracts, only New York can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
There's a stock broker who's clearly Dave Ready 2.0. "Mr. Maaannn!"

Also, a whole bunch of the achievements haven't triggered for me. Exits, disguises, kills I did, and they didn't show up.

Discendo Vox posted:

In the briefing:

DLC Inc posted:

I must be a dunce because I can't get loving Mann or the other guy alone, they just keep pacing in the same tiny loving area.
Mann walks into a stock broker area with people going nuts about the bank's price, which has a small storage room off to the left. With two coins, you can usually pull him into that room and knock him out, after knocking out the other guy who usually responds first. There's also a closet to shove the bodies into.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Played through the map a couple times, It's pretty drat fun.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I might be missing something obvious, but I had to cause a massive scene, got spotted and scared all the investors away to access the stock market PC. Tried multiple watch alarms but the two enforcers by the PC never seem to move.

Also we need a mod so Simon Viklund as Baine does the lines instead of Diana.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqsgGQto4Ho

Drunken Baker posted:

I might be missing something obvious, but I had to cause a massive scene, got spotted and scared all the investors away to access the stock market PC. Tried multiple watch alarms but the two enforcers by the PC never seem to move.

Also we need a mod so Simon Viklund as Baine does the lines instead of Diana.

hide behind the divider on their right, then shoot the wall/TV above their heads twice to make them panic.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Pretty disappointed with the Bank level, it’s quite small, the mission stories are barebones, and there really don’t seem to be that many creative ways to complete the objective+kill. IOI said that 20-something challenges aren’t showing up as a bug, so maybe that’ll add some variety, and I didn’t have time last night to try the new missions in Mumbai and Colombia. It probably wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t one of two new locations in a $40 season pass.

I’m also amazed that the Payday superfans are still trying to defend its stat-boosting paid lootboxes four years later.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 26, 2019

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Honestly I'm a little disappointed with the bank. I haven't dug deep into all the stories, but it's just so easy to get around, so many blind spots where you can just walk past the guards/cameras in any disguise with no timing or setup, 3 security consoles in a level where you can creep past every camera, and you can easily sneak up to two of them in your suit without any distractions or anything (and the easiest one has a master keycard right next to it). definitely do not invest with this bank, it's easily the most poorly secured location in the franchise to date. It almost feels like a tutorial mission

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jun 26, 2019

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The new phone unlock is OP as hell.

Aug 24, 2011

are there any oil drums in the bank and/or is it possible to get a fire accident kill

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

idgi

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

It's a fun new location but definitely on the small side. My favorite thing about it so far is that if you start with a sniper rifle and drop it by what will become the main exit after the objectives are met, not only can you smuggle the data core out of the vault in your now-empty briefcase without anyone being suspicious of the item, but you can also snipe the target as she leans against the clock and trigger the exit before her body is noticed by the guards that are 5 feet away from her. Silent assassin, sniper assassin lol

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Drunken Baker posted:

The intended way to do that is to be an IT guy and you can boot the guy off the pc for a ‘mandatory system update’ on his machine.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Enjoying the level quite a lot, great settings and atmosphere even if it is a bit small and easy to navigate.

Getting the keys from the two lieutenants seems much much harder than just robbing the vault, it's kind of weird to have that as a choice.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm pretty happy with how the episodic pacing has managed to help this map out - if it were the final map included in the game, after Sgail it would be a huge letdown, as Sgail is the perfect finale type map. Now it segues into the Bank and it's clear that the Bank only advances the plot in a tiny way and it's meant to be a fun excuse to go rob a bank vault. It's an easy map sure, but a fun one and I can't wait to see some escalations/contracts in it.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

getting the notebook on the bonus santa fortuna mission is a pain when sosa. Seriously thinking of not doing the sosa challenge for that mission because I don't want to spend 20 minutes luring and ko-ing a billion guards.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

double nine posted:

getting the notebook on the bonus santa fortuna mission is a pain when sosa. Seriously thinking of not doing the sosa challenge for that mission because I don't want to spend 20 minutes luring and ko-ing a billion guards.
On the plus side you can go full Rambo in the jungle and the terrain is really suited to hide and shield you.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Timotheous Venture posted:

It's a fun new location but definitely on the small side. My favorite thing about it so far is that if you start with a sniper rifle and drop it by what will become the main exit after the objectives are met, not only can you smuggle the data core out of the vault in your now-empty briefcase without anyone being suspicious of the item, but you can also snipe the target as she leans against the clock and trigger the exit before her body is noticed by the guards that are 5 feet away from her. Silent assassin, sniper assassin lol

Hot drat I gotta try this tonight

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I'm disappointed that 47 doesn't have the arm to hit the clock with the explosive baseball.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

mp5 posted:

Hot drat I gotta try this tonight

Just tried it again for my Master difficulty SASO run and the kill was noticed. So it's a bit finicky. Use your one save right before she approaches the window just in case it doesn't work the first time.

Edit: 10 tries later and I can't duplicate the first result. Now she's flying back and getting noticed right away. I don't know what it was about my first attempt but she just slumped against the window and nobody else noticed. Too bad that one wasn't on Master.

thiccabod fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 26, 2019

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Noticed a bit of a problem. Head of security has two different cups of coffee but for at least the one in the security room, he doesn't actually drink it. He just puts it up to his mouth. I used an emetic on it and it has no effect whatsoever.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Did you knock over the vault first when it worked? Because gassing the security guys by the vault means no further bodies can be noticed due to a bug. :v:

Edit: this is a reply to Timmy Venture up there, not the post above this

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There is a way I found to get Mann without people seeing, it was knock his rear end out when he's climbing the stairs to the conference room. It doesn't seem that anyone else goes there so you can just leave him.

I think you can do a similar thing with Perez when he's climbing the stairs from the vault, but I'm pretty sure people actually use those stairs.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

There is a way I found to get Mann without people seeing, it was knock his rear end out when he's climbing the stairs to the conference room. It doesn't seem that anyone else goes there so you can just leave him.

you can hang out on that trolley in the stairwell and vault the stairs and KO him with an object after he passes on the way down without the guards at the bottom noticing. noone else uses those stairs afaik.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Funky Valentine posted:

I think you can do a similar thing with Perez when he's climbing the stairs from the vault, but I'm pretty sure people actually use those stairs.

Nope, they both work, if you do Perez last and exit the building immediately. And yeah that's how I got 'em both.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Pilchenstein posted:

Did you knock over the vault first when it worked? Because gassing the security guys by the vault means no further bodies can be noticed due to a bug. :v:

Edit: this is a reply to Timmy Venture up there, not the post above this

That's entirely possible, though I can't say for sure. I've done a handful of run-throughs and they're all blending together in my head.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Funky Valentine posted:

I managed to poison Mann's drink (threw a coin into a corner and everyone looking away barely gave me enough time) and he went to go barf in a garbage can near the reception area to Savalas' office. There are guards there but he's positioned in such a way that nobody sees the body if you knock him out there. Might be different on Master, but worked for me on Professional.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My assumption is that the watch alarm is there to distract everyone in the conference room so you can poison Mann's drink without getting spotting.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

There's a briefcase and also an exit right next to the vault, so you can either just leave right away via the garage (exit key is next to a sleeping guard in the vault) or just grab the briefcase behind the guard sexually harrassing the cleaning lady near the IT room. Also if you crash the stock price she'll go yell at the stockbrokers and then head alone into a room where you can snipe her at your leisure from the back stairs in the VIP area- this is how I did Sniper/SO. Nobody will see the body drop and if you're quick you can climb a pipe and hide the body before her guard checks on her, and if you don't care about sniping you can just climb the pipe and wait for her there to kill her and hide her in the wardrobe

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 26, 2019

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

"Encryted"

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Anybody notice the crate with candles around it in the storage area near the back stairs down to the deposit boxes?
That's screaming "do something here for a weird hidden easter egg" to me.

Picking up the burial knife from the vault also gave an intel popup but I think that might just be because they forgot to turn that off from its original appearance in the final level.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

where the red fern gropes posted:

if you wait long enough in the new bank level, some parodies of the payday crew arrive and start shooting the place up

I've been standing around forever. Is there a trigger for this?

Aug 24, 2011

Friend posted:

I've been standing around forever. Is there a trigger for this?

no i posted it before the bank came out

they never show up, it's a disappointing level

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Cerebulon posted:

Anybody notice the crate with candles around it in the storage area near the back stairs down to the deposit boxes?
That's screaming "do something here for a weird hidden easter egg" to me.

Picking up the burial knife from the vault also gave an intel popup but I think that might just be because they forgot to turn that off from its original appearance in the final level.

To me it just screamed ‘we cut and pasted this from Sgail and forgot to edit those out’

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blasmeister posted:

To me it just screamed ‘we cut and pasted this from Sgail and forgot to edit those out’

On a certain level I feel like that might have been deliberate? It’s all Unique Items from other levels.

Anyway I can’t bring myself to dislike the bank because the Get Fired opportunity is so goddamn funny.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Although was wrong about being able to snipe the target from the main entrance without it being noticed I still say that, while small, the bank remains A Good Level

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Although was wrong about being able to snipe the target from the main entrance without it being noticed I still say that, while small, the bank remains A Good Level

:five:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

holy poo poo, that spells something, I didn't notice that first go 'round

... /googles

NICE

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

:drat:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Sniping the target from the main entrance is still cool as heck. I like this map a lot and had a blast wandering around it.

The one thing that really frustrated me was that if you take any personal initiative on the Heist Mission Story before Diana tell you to do something (acquire a high security disguise, acquire a key card, open the glass door in front of the vault) you don't get credit for the story.

This led me to have to replay the same thing 4-5 times before the game decided to give me credit and my shockphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

mp5 posted:

Sniping the target from the main entrance is still cool as heck. I like this map a lot and had a blast wandering around it.

The one thing that really frustrated me was that if you take any personal initiative on the Heist Mission Story before Diana tell you to do something (acquire a high security disguise, acquire a key card, open the glass door in front of the vault) you don't get credit for the story.

This led me to have to replay the same thing 4-5 times before the game decided to give me credit and my shockphone

Yeah by the time I got round to trying that mission story I had already done all the steps in it, very disappointing.