Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Barry Convex posted:

doesn't look anything like Taskmaster to me, so I hope not

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status/1143841295254863872

Ready to see an MCU Lightsaber laser sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

SlimGoodbody posted:

Oh no, what did Millie's parents do? She seems like such a sweet kid.

Auctioned nude photoshoots for when she turns 18, iirc

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That can't be legal

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Auctioned nude photoshoots for when she turns 18, iirc

Ew wtf

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That can't be legal

Maybe it's not. And as a minor, she can't consent, so when she's 18 she can just tell them to gently caress off and pocket that money now while she's a hot commodity.

Maybe?

Edit: can't find anything about this so it's either made up or somehow completely secret.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 26, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWHPhc2xNNU
Leaked test animation for the scrapped Mouse Guard movie.
edit: Actually, they're virtual environments that the actors'd be able to see on set. That's cool.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 26, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

Maybe it's not. And as a minor, she can't consent, so when she's 18 she can just tell them to gently caress off and pocket that money now while she's a hot commodity.

Maybe?

Edit: can't find anything about this so it's either made up or somehow completely secret.

Yeah, real or not it doesn't matter since they can't contract her to do something after she's an adult.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Teenage Fansub posted:

Urgh. Can't say I'm too upset. I'd much prefer it if the mice actually looked like they had fur, didn't have human eyes and had slightly less flat faces.

As it is most of them looked like the thing from Mac n Me.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

MBB is the only working member of her family, which includes her parents and siblings. Her parents are her managers, there is an interview out there if her saying how if she doesn't book work they don't have an income. She is a kid ffs.

She is constantly running around the country going from con to con, her schedule would exhaust an adult. In fact she DID get exhausted and posted a video, crying talking about how she let down her fans/family etc.

Her dad is loving atrocious (Like Mo'Nique's husband level) and tries to strong arm producers for more money and credits etc. Basically everyone hates him.

Here are some good write ups:
https://www.laineygossip.com/Mille-Bobby-Browns-father-reportedly-demanding-100--000-dollar-signing-bonus-from-new-agent/45131
https://www.laineygossip.com/Exhausted-Millie-Bobby-Brown-apologises-Instagram-video-cancel-Comic-Con-appearance/46634?celebrityId=29013

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 26, 2019

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also they let her hang out with Drake

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Also they let her hang out with Drake

She doesn't just hang out with him apparently they're "good friends" and they text each other all the time. Which on its own is creepy but Drake also has ties to a prolific sex trafficker and a history of creepy poo poo with underage girls.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He texts her boy advice which should send shivers down your spine

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

He’s absolutely grooming her and they are absolutely letting him

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Drakes done it more than once too

E: to try and get things back to comic movies

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Urgh. Can't say I'm too upset. I'd much prefer it if the mice actually looked like they had fur, didn't have human eyes and had slightly less flat faces.

As it is most of them looked like the thing from Mac n Me.

I wouldn't be upset over the mice, the reel is previz work and at the start of the video they specifically state the intention was to get a feel not a look. WETA would have done the final cgi work

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 26, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It was a virtual environment to put performances in as they happen so they can be viewed immediately. Detail like fur was probably just out so it could run in realtime.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 27, 2019

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Barry Convex posted:

Looks like Kamen Rider, looks awesome!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Barry Convex posted:

That looks more like Darkhawk to me. That would be a wild pick for a Black Widow film.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My dream is that the BW movie isn't actually a prequel, but a Jacob's Ladder type thing via the soul stone, so hopefully they go weird with it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: Actually, they're virtual environments that the actors'd be able to see on set. That's cool.

Those mice look godawful so it's good this is scrapped, but if a Mouse Guard movie in general scrapped? That is something that is begging for an animated movie, but gotta make the mice look good.

Dear movie companies adapting things to movies: JUST MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE THE THING YOU'RE ADAPTING.Take the way Mouse Guard looks, and just... animate that. This kind of thing and things like the Sonic movie just drive me absolutely bonkers. Follow Detective PIkachu's example movie industry

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Those mice look godawful so it's good this is scrapped, but if a Mouse Guard movie in general scrapped? That is something that is begging for an animated movie, but gotta make the mice look good.

Dear movie companies adapting things to movies: JUST MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE THE THING YOU'RE ADAPTING.Take the way Mouse Guard looks, and just... animate that. This kind of thing and things like the Sonic movie just drive me absolutely bonkers. Follow Detective PIkachu's example movie industry

The mice were stand ins, it was an environment test.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Vince MechMahon posted:

The mice were stand ins, it was an environment test.

Maybe they should have either excluded them or taken a bit longer on their demo reel before putting it out there.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

Maybe they should have either excluded them or taken a bit longer on their demo reel before putting it out there.

It's not a demo reel to show character models. Or a demo reel at all. It's test footage from a cancelled movie.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's not a demo reel to show character models. Or a demo reel at all. It's test footage from a cancelled movie.

Again, I think despite this warning, that the idea of an unfinished demo is confusing and showing it to people would be a mistake.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

Again, I think despite this warning, that the idea of an unfinished demo is confusing and showing it to people would be a mistake.

Most people would understand what is being shown. It's not their fault you guys are literally ignoring what it's actually showing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The mice not having fur makes sense to me cause it's supposed to be an application to see motion capture visualised live, so that's probably a necessary cut back to have it run in realtime, and the character models being more human looking could also be because it's live and there's no way to convincingly retool the animation from a human to a model with a mouse's stature on the fly.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Spider-Man Far From Home is Good.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1144042103166656516

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
People don't know what "test footage" means

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hair/fur is idiotically expensive to render and not usually put on til much later.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Fangz posted:

People don't know what "test footage" means

This is one of the reasons that game companies hate releasing footage from Alpha builds of their game.

You do that and then you get people making YouTube videos about how there is a puddle in one part of this Spider-Man video but how it’s not in the video in the final game.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/08/31/the-spider-man-puddle-controversy-is-one-of-gamings-dumbest/#47fab4652517

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yannick_B posted:

This. I thought Homecoming was just okay and I really enjoyed Far From Home.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gavok posted:

I thought Homecoming was great so that’s good to hear

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought Homecoming was great so that’s good to hear

Yannick_B posted:

Gavok posted:

NEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Rhyno posted:

NEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

He’s the best part of the new United Airlines pre flight Spider-Man themed safety video.

Still cannot believe that is a thing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The embargo should be ending in a couple hours, so then I can so many things about Hobgoblin I mean Ned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

The embargo should be ending in a couple hours, so then I can so many things about Hobgoblin I mean Ned.

I won't see it until like July 8th or 9th but I can already say tons of poo poo about Ned if you like.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gavok posted:

Pretty sure Ned is Stilt-Man

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ned is #1. Make the Ned Marvel Legend, Hasbro

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The hat works folks

e: Endgame BR release (and I assume digital) is Aug. 13.

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Digital is 2 weeks earlier.