Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

This is great! You should post this in the Homecoming Discord too, I think a lot of people would appreciate this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Crasical posted:

Why I rolled DP/Ninja

That's going to be society's third costume after classic Joker

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Squats posted:

I made an imgur album of all of the Incarnate Lore pets in case people want to know what they look like before crafting them. (These are all T4, but the earlier tiers use the same models, so long as you know what the name of the NPC is.)

Hey thanks for this. Didn’t i24 do a balance pass so the pets are mostly equal? I'm torn between warworks, arachnos, longbow, and rikti. Are any of those poo poo or substantially better now?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Hakarne posted:

Hey thanks for this. Didn’t i24 do a balance pass so the pets are mostly equal? I'm torn between warworks, arachnos, longbow, and rikti. Are any of those poo poo or substantially better now?

I don't thiiiink so? The only i24 notes on it I could find were that they added more types, and i25 added another variety too.

Paragon Wiki has some DPS test results, though there may be a more recent source for test results.

Also Banished Pantheon deserve a special mention, since their immortal support one has a solid recharge/endurance buff, and I think is the only immortal pet that actually has attacks with an AOE rain power that debuffs damage. Real good fire farm pick.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A nostalgia trip back to when the vet wings were first datamined

https://youtu.be/QUkWxX0qQoE

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!
Two quick questions: Are the Purple recipes still a pain to get, or is there a sane way to get them that doesn't involve fire farming and buying them from the market? And are they still worth going after with the other IO sets out there?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Hakarne posted:

I know the SCORE peeps did some tweaking. For one thing, Seers used to have abysmal damage; it turned out that a bug was preventing them from using half their powers. I think that the Cimerororans were nerfed, not sure.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I don't thiiiink so? The only i24 notes on it I could find were that they added more types, and i25 added another variety too.

Paragon Wiki has some DPS test results, though there may be a more recent source for test results.

Also Banished Pantheon deserve a special mention, since their immortal support one has a solid recharge/endurance buff, and I think is the only immortal pet that actually has attacks with an AOE rain power that debuffs damage. Real good fire farm pick.

Yeah it actually says on the source page that those are out of date and links to a forum post saying they did a balance pass. So they should be closer together.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_Slot_Abilities/Otiosus

Edit: ^^ Yeah what he said.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fearless_Decoy posted:

Two quick questions: Are the Purple recipes still a pain to get, or is there a sane way to get them that doesn't involve fire farming and buying them from the market? And are they still worth going after with the other IO sets out there?

You can fire farm but just do content and turn merits into converters, sell them, and buy what you need tbh. Purples are not a big deal.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Gynovore posted:

I know the SCORE peeps did some tweaking. For one thing, Seers used to have abysmal damage; it turned out that a bug was preventing them from using half their powers. I think that the Cimerororans were nerfed, not sure.

Damnit, I just raised my Cims to T4 tonight.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Hakarne posted:

Yeah it actually says on the source page that those are out of date and links to a forum post saying they did a balance pass. So they should be closer together.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_Slot_Abilities/Otiosus

Edit: ^^ Yeah what he said.

The original data is out of date, though the one from my link was slightly more current (the sub-page data was from July of the previous year, the dev post is from March, and the main page's charts were from May.)

If issue 24 or the SCORE team did a bunch of rebalancing though then I really don't have a clue what changed. The only documented notes I saw were that they fixed some of the pets not ignoring recharge buffs. :shrug:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I don't know anything about anything but it's slightly disappointing that blasters best incarnate options seem to be damage oriented, other than with Interface. I guess that matters for trials, but it'd be neat to get more tools and tricks and nuance rather than just big numbers.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I don't know anything about anything but it's slightly disappointing that blasters best incarnate options seem to be damage oriented, other than with Interface. I guess that matters for trials, but it'd be neat to get more tools and tricks and nuance rather than just big numbers.

People talk about “best” in a min-max sense because it’s what they’re interested in or find fun. Getting weird with builds is cool too, if that’s what you wanna do.

For incarnate stuff, the radial paths tend to give more variety. Judgment powers can have some CC or debuffs on them, Interface has some variety, Destiny is your pick on buffs, but I think Hybrid in particular sounds like what you’re looking for? There’s a branch that makes your powers all proc CC, one that helps you stand up in melee range, or one for bringing more support for your team.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Trip report: dousing criminals in sticky watermelon juice while infusing allies with the thirst-quenching power of extra genetically modified Capri sun has been a blast. I especially love it when I get to use my big aoe blast power on an enemy that just jumped or as it’s already being knocked into the air. The juice rains everywhere.

Also, I love that this game lets me have a watermelon drink-based powerset.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Good luck to you if you want to make a Ryu, though. Melee gets no ranged, or the animations are in the wrong places to fit, and few 'charge into melee' type powers at all. Bah. I want to make a G.Axe, but I can't replicate him in terms of moveset. I'll gladly take suggestions. (Yes, I realise I'm bitching over nothing.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hNskBGrSuM

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 27, 2019

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm not sure what the exact incarnate pet damage numbers are currently, but I went with robotic drones because all their attacks have -regen (and they absolutely will gently caress up an elite boss or make an AV noticeably less tough). I gotta admit that summoning a huge Longbow Cataphract would be cooler though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I ended up going with Polar Lights on my main because summoning little magical familiars fit his theme the best, so I guess I'm glad they're apparently AoE monsters.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

found out about this recently and loving playing this again. playing on Indomitable on Homecoming, amazed at how popular this still is. here's my dude below:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's a really good look!

Edit: I've been trying to make a dark Superman/boy costume for a Sentinel and nothing really clicks with me.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

My second attempt at a Mischief Makers boss didn't go as well as the first, but I found a way to (sort of) give him a purple mohawk so there is that.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

I ended up going with Polar Lights on my main because summoning little magical familiars fit his theme the best, so I guess I'm glad they're apparently AoE monsters.

probably going to do the same on my SJ/I stalker bc there's no street level idiots to call in

just lemme summon some Skuls or something, or rogue PPD or whatever

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Anyone able to give me some pointers on where I oughtta go with this 50 respec? Here's roughly what I'm looking at. Ignore the slot order. I'll do that with a mind toward exemplaring later

In particular, I've got a few powers that I'm not super wild about but feel like I have to pick just to advance. Telekinetic Blast and Aging Touch have never been part of my rotation and I've never had problems, but I've found all the yellowed powers in the main two trees to be real underwhelming, and I'm not sure putting fancy expensive toys in them would save it. At least those two would let me diversify my damage types slightly so I have more options against robots.

Am I making any great big mistakes I don't realize? I feel like I have about a billion options on a build that basically has full uptime on its bread and butter blasts and/or insta-snipes. Most of the click powers after that feel like bells and whistles that don't really get used.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
A little heads-up for the people torn on Lore pets.

Be sure to right-click both Tier 4 branches of each one you're considering, scrolling down and checking what each of them have in terms of abilities. I was this close to getting a pet that had Hurricane on at all times... on my Fire farm Brute. Needless to say that wouldn't have been very helpful.

The pets' DPS may have been tuned, but their buffs and debuffs are still very much lopsided. Banished Pantheon for example has crazy debuffs on all their attacks and the intangible pet has a crazy buff.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I kinda wish there were three (or four?) very rare options for Lore pets so you could go all in on your preferred combos.

Like, you can't get the Bane Spider and Fortuna VEAT buddy cop combo anymore with the Arachnos Very Rares. It's Toxic Tarantula and Other.

Longbow's Cataphract is real cool looking, but that also excludes the buddy cops for "Big Robot + Guest star" only in the Very Rare options.

It is the farthest thing from a big deal, and VR combos given are way more efficient. AND a lot of the combos are just floaty lights/drones or near identical anyways like the Seers, so you could barely tell the difference visually. But come oooooon.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sophism posted:

A little heads-up for the people torn on Lore pets.

Be sure to right-click both Tier 4 branches of each one you're considering, scrolling down and checking what each of them have in terms of abilities. I was this close to getting a pet that had Hurricane on at all times... on my Fire farm Brute. Needless to say that wouldn't have been very helpful.

The pets' DPS may have been tuned, but their buffs and debuffs are still very much lopsided. Banished Pantheon for example has crazy debuffs on all their attacks and the intangible pet has a crazy buff.

What debuffs/buffs do the Banished Pantheon pets have? ParagonWiki doesn't say, but I'm really curious.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So for the first time ever I'm trying to use pines to 'build' a character, but I'm getting confused. If I get one of the '+3% defense all' enchancements (steadfast protection, gladiators armor) and put it in a power, will it always be active even if the power is not active? I know this has been explained before but I'm still confused.

Also, do we have anybody who is really proficient with builds? I'd love to have somebody to bounce it off of once I am done.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So for the first time ever I'm trying to use pines to 'build' a character, but I'm getting confused. If I get one of the '+3% defense all' enchancements (steadfast protection, gladiators armor) and put it in a power, will it always be active even if the power is not active? I know this has been explained before but I'm still confused.

Also, do we have anybody who is really proficient with builds? I'd love to have somebody to bounce it off of once I am done.

Yes--those enhancements are global, so they always apply, whether or not you're using the power. Same for the Luck of the Gambler global recharge one, and the Shield Wall +5% resistance one, and a few others.

I'd be happy to take a look at a build if you want to. I'm not an expert, but I've talked to experts and I'm now capable of pretending to be one :v:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 28, 2019

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

So I'm messing around with a Shield/Mace tank and don't really want to do much but taunts groups and not really attack. Would it be worth looking into like tough and weave to add to my shields buffs?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
That's a bad idea but within the confines of the bad idea that's probably a good idea.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Alright, let's see if this works. This is my dark/dark controller build. I tried to get perma hasten, perma fade, perma pets (haunt and tarantula), and high smashing lethal and energy defense. I actually overdid it on S/L defense so there are probably tweaks to do. Also, this will cost a fortune and take me forever to actually complete it, but it's good to have goals right?

It occurs to me that this build has no incarnate stuff in it so I have no idea what to do with that either.

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/down...2E2E43F3F1CE9C6

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.

here comes the spunk posted:

So I'm messing around with a Shield/Mace tank and don't really want to do much but taunts groups and not really attack. Would it be worth looking into like tough and weave to add to my shields buffs?

Tough and weave are decent choices. For a shield tanker, slotted weave will take you from 33% defense to 41% which is a huge jump in survivability. Add the two +3% defense IOs and you're laughing. Stack tough and start adding set bonuses, and you can get some impressive resistance numbers in addition.

I wouldn't recommend a 'no attacks' build though, you might get pretty bored. (Tanker attacks apply an AoE taunt if that helps?)

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Shield/Mace is probably the closest thing to a DPS Tanker build, lean into it.

That being said, Tough and Weaver are super solid tanker choices until you start getting into high level IO Sets and can do silly poo poo like softcap without them.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Shield/Mace is also one of the most offensive combinations, between Shield's Against All Odds and Mace's amazing AoE attacks! It'd be a shame to not throw some of em out.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

I really meant I have a few attacks, but mostly defensive choices

Anyway, thanks for the advice, doesn't look to bad

Like I've got the mace PBAOE, but mostly using it just to draw more aggressive than to do any damage

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Like I've got the mace PBAOE, but mostly using it just to draw more aggressive than to do any damage
It's been a while, but I remember finally getting shatter + Crowd control being a hilarious joy for nonstop tripping groups of enemies with a baseball bat.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

you will be ashamed and astounded when you see how powerful Against All Odds really is

but also it's pretty normal to be light on attacks as a tanker

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Recently got my blaster to 50 and my fortunata is coming up close as well so I’ve been trying to figure out sets and how to slot at 50 and it feels completely impenetrable. I have tried to make some headway but don’t really know where to start. What sets are good, how to slot them and how many slots on abilities.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

My advice is set a goal, and work toward it. Make "45% ranged defense" a goal to get with sets, for example. then start studying sets for that specific bonus. Then you look at your single target ranged attacks, stuns, snipes, and you put 5 sets of thunderstrike in there. that gets you 17%. you have the +3% from steadfast protection, slotted in tough, thats 20%. Your superior Archetype enhancement sets, you put in 2 aoe blasts. thats another 7%. so now, with sets, you are at 27%. take combat jumping, hover, toss luck of the gambler +7.5% recharge in those, together you now have 31%. throw weave there as well. 3 slot it. you are 36-40% (forget the exact numbers). Perhaps you grab concealment, thas another 2-3% another slot in tough, put the pvp gladiator's armor +3%, you have your 45%

just set a goal and try to work it. you have free respecs, and you can earn more from trials and even buy them.

winterwerefox fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 28, 2019

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I think that might be the crux of my problem. I don’t know what goals I should be aiming for. Things like recharge and end reduction/modification, def/res (soft) caps, damage amounts, procs etc. is there a resource that gives suggested amounts for ATs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

clone on the phone posted:

I think that might be the crux of my problem. I don’t know what goals I should be aiming for. Things like recharge and end reduction/modification, def/res (soft) caps, damage amounts, procs etc. is there a resource that gives suggested amounts for ATs?

That's gonna depend not just on AT, but also on powerset. Some powersets really want more end reduction, some really want more recharge, etc. That's just gonna come down to playing the character for a while and seeing where you're running into a bottleneck in effectiveness. You could also try tuning up the difficulty in a solo mission to really push yourself and see where you're first hitting an issue.

And if nothing else, respecs only cost something like 500k altogether (recipe cost on the market plus to craft).