Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I want to see what happens when we give Skynet a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Go for another phone

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Give it the computer!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Destroy the laptop.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Well, Dad's already going to kill us for the baseball cards. Might as well go all the way, right?

quote:

You pick up your dad’s laptop computer and hand it over to the Annihilator. You don’t want to do it. But you’re terrified of what the robot might do to you if you refuse.

Then you close your eyes and put your fingers in your ears. You don’t want to watch the Annihilator smash the expensive computer to bits.

You wait for the horrible smash.

Silence. Nothing.

Huh? What’s going on?

Finally you can’t stand the suspense. You open your eyes.

You can’t quite believe what you see.

The robot is sitting at your dad’s desk with the computer open in front of it.

And it’s typing!

quote:

You lean over the robot’s shoulder – and gasp when you see what’s on the computer screen.

It’s hooked up to the Internet! It’s sending E-mail!

The message it’s writing is addressed to Jim Whittle, chief toy designer at the Hasley Toy Company. It says:

Whittle,

I have arrived and taken control. Fire, terror, destruction. Only one person at home – a child. Don’t worry – I will not allow it to leave the house. I await further instructions.

Annihilator 3000

Almost instantly, a reply flashes across the screen:

Annihilator,

Stay there and do nothing. I am only a few blocks away. I will arrive shortly.

Whittle

You race to the living room and peer out the window. The sky is still gray-black and stormy. Wind howls in the trees. Thunder and lightning pierce the blackness every few seconds.

But the storm is nothing compared to the jolt you feel when you see what’s in front of your house.

quote:

Parked at the curb is a shiny black car with dark tinted windows. The words HASLEY TOY COMPANY are printed on the side.

As the rain pours down a tall, thin man gets out and opens the trunk. That’s Whittle, you think. It’s got to be!

Whittle is the scariest-looking person you’ve ever seen. A hideous six-inch-long scar slashes across his left cheek. His stringy black hair blows wildly in the wind. His eyes are like black marbles: hard, shiny, and cold. He’s wearing a black leather jacket and black leather gloves.

Something about the way he opens and closes his gloved fists makes you want to run screaming for help.

Instead, you run to the front door and double-bolt the lock. Then you peer out through the curtains. Whittle is lifting a large box out of the trunk of his car.

No! You want to scream when you see what’s in the box.

It’s another Annihilator!

quote:

Whittle lifts the new robot out of its box and sends it striding toward your house.

The new Annihilator clomps up your front steps. At the front door, it stops and waits. A moment later, Whittle leaps onto your porch.

“Let me in!” he yells, pounding on the door with his fists.

“No! Go away!” you shout.

Whittle peers in through the front window at you and scowls.

“I’m coming in,” he announces in a gruff voice. “And you can’t stop me!”

WHIRRR...

Oh, no. That sound...

You don’t dare turn around. But you know what’s happening. The Annihilator – the one that’s already in your house – has walked into the living room. It’s standing right behind you.

You can’t move.

You can’t leave.

You’re trapped!

quote:

In the next instant, the new Annihilator blasts the locks on your door and bursts into your living room.

You’ve got a robot behind you. And one in front.

Now you know how the filling in an Oreo feels.

WHIRRRR... The new Annihilator lurches toward you.

Whittle steps through the door behind it. In a flash of lightning, the scar on his cheek shines white.

Terrified, you leap toward the fireplace and grab the first thing you can reach. A long, metal poker.

“Get away from me! All of you!” you shout. You lift the poker and start to swing it wildly.

The new Annihilator sends out a laser beam. It makes a horrible sizzling sound – as it whizzes right past your face!

quote:

“Move out of the way!” Whittle yells at you.

Then he lunges at you. He grabs your arm. With a strong yank, he pulls you out of the line of fire.

ZAP! ZZZT. ZZRRTT. ZAP!

The new Annihilator sends out one laser beam after another – zapping the old robot!

Instantly, the old robot fires back.

You can’t believe it. The two toys are battling it out in your living room.

“What’s happening?” you scream.

Whittle doesn’t answer. He just grips you tighter.

quote:

The new robot suddenly opens its chest panel. A ball of electricity boils and glows inside. Then the ball shoots through the air – straight at the other robot!

Blue fire surrounds the old Annihilator. Sparks race up and down its body. Then it crashes over on its side. The lights fade from its eyes. The whirring noises stop.

Whittle lets out a sigh of relief.

“Sorry about that,” he apologizes. “But somehow when we shipped you your prize, we sent you the wrong model. That was a new test version of the Annihilator 3000. I’ve been trying to give it a brain. But, so far, no luck.”

“You – it –“ you stammer. You don’t know what to say!

“I knew you were in trouble when I got the robot’s E-mail message,” Whittle continues. “Hope it didn’t do too much damage before I came.”

“Damage?” You think of the fires. Your cat. “Actually –“

“Never mind about that,” Whittle interrupts. “I’m sure it was worth it. Especially since now we’ll put your name in the big drawing. You have a chance to win our Super-Extra-Special Grand Prize... the Annihilator 4000!”

The Annihilator 4000? Oh, no!

Better get a fire hose ready!

THE END

Honestly, I feel like this is probably the intended "real" ending for this path, but I decided the ending where we get a friendly robot servant made for a better goal ending.

...Also, I just realized I missed a prime pun opportunity with one of the previous achievement names, so I'm going to go ahead and fix that now.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Goal Endings: 1/2

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
:siren:Better Sooner Than Annihi-later: Got rid of the Annihilator 3000 at the earliest possible opportunity.:siren:
Rock You Like a Hurricane: Let Mother Nature dispose of the Annihilator 3000 for us.
:siren:Planned Obsolescence: Watched the Annihilator 3000 get destroyed by an upgraded model.:siren:

Our options posted:

• Go on the Hasley Toy Factory tour.
  • Dash to another phone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Go for another phone

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm amazed this robot hasn't killed us yet.

chitoryu12 posted:

Go for another phone

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Phone time

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Phone home help

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

You'd think it'd be a lot less difficult to get something called the Annihilator 3000 to kill us.

quote:

You have to call 911. Or the toy factory. Or someone. Anyone!

You get ready to make a run for it. To another phone. The one in the living room.

Let it be working! you pray.

WHHHIRR...

The Annihilator studies you coldly.

You swivel your head slowly, judging the best way to run.

If you go right, around the counter, you’ll have a straight shot to the living room. But you’ll have to pass inches from the Annihilator.

If you go left, you’ll have to dodge the recycling bin and jump a stack of newspapers. It’ll take some fancy footwork. But it seems safer. You’ll stay farther from the robot.

And you’ll probably make it... if you’re not too clumsy.

Well? Are you? Clumsy, that is? Be honest, now.

If you're usually clumsy, go to the right on PAGE 61.

If you're not usually clumsy, go to the left on PAGE 17.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
Better Sooner Than Annihi-later: Got rid of the Annihilator 3000 at the earliest possible opportunity.
Rock You Like a Hurricane: Let Mother Nature dispose of the Annihilator 3000 for us.
Planned Obsolescence: Watched the Annihilator 3000 get destroyed by an upgraded model.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm fairly clumsy, let's go right.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

They call me "kultzface" at school, because my bullies also are written by R.L. Stine.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
I am usually clumsy :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I feel like being clumsy will still lead to us surviving. But let's see if Stine will prove me wrong.

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You make a break for it – running to the right.

Right past the Annihilator...

Oops!

Tripped already, did you?

Whoa! And hit your head on the way down too.

Well – you said you were clumsy!

“Ahhhh!” you cry. Your arms flail as you reach for something to break your fall.

Uh-oh. You shouldn’t have grabbed that.

quote:

As you fall, you reach out and grab at the handle of a tennis racket on a dining room chair. You miss.

THWACK! The racket flips up. A tennis ball that was resting on the racket flies through the air.

The ball strikes the face of your mother’s prize grandfather clock. The glass shatters.

When Patches hears the breaking glass, she screeches in fright. Then she runs from the corner where she was crouched. She races through the living room, into the dining room, and jumps onto a tall, tippy set of shelves by the wall.

Slowly, you shake yourself, trying to stand up.

You lift yourself to your knees.

And then...

WHHIRRR...

The Annihilator walks toward you...

Just as the tippy shelves begin to topple forward...

“Oh, no!” you cry as the bookshelves hurtle down.

quote:

You gasp. Then you cover your head and desperately roll out of the way.

The bookshelves crash to the floor, crushing everything in their path.

Including the Annihilator!

When the crash is over, the toy lies in a twisted, broken heap under the bookshelves. One arm has slid across the floor. The rest of the Annihilator is buried under the weight of two hundred books.

You get to your feet, still shaking, just as your mom walks in the back door with your little brother.

She takes one look at the mess and gasps.

“I can’t believe it!” she cries. “This place looks like a war zone. What happened? How did you do it?”

For a minute, you consider telling her the truth. About the evil Annihilator that was after you...

Then you realize that she’ll never, ever believe you.

“How did I do it?” you ask with a silly grin. “Just clumsy, I guess!”

THE END

Guys, I think the Annihilator might be bad at its job. Luckily, after all the damage we just caused, I think our parents are going to handle the whole "killing us" thing in its stead...

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
None yet.

Achievements
Better Sooner Than Annihi-later: Got rid of the Annihilator 3000 at the earliest possible opportunity.
Planned Obsolescence: Watched the Annihilator 3000 get destroyed by an upgraded model.
:siren:Nice Shootin', Tex!: Destroyed the Annihilator 3000 by causing more collateral damage than it could manage in its wildest dreams.:siren:

Our options posted:

• Go on the Hasley Toy Factory tour.
  • Take the risky path to the left.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Take the path to the left!

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
To the left!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
To the left! Take it back now y'all...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rube Goldberg strikes again.

Wouldn't the robot still be under the bookshelf, though?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Rube Goldberg strikes again.

Wouldn't the robot still be under the bookshelf, though?

It exploded into coins.

Go Left Young Man!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

You’re not usually clumsy. You decide to go left.

Forget the Hasley Toy Company, you think. I’m calling 911...

You bolt. Running. Jumping. Dodging. Around the recycling bin. Over the newspapers. And through the dining room toward the living room.

RINNNGGGG!

Hey. The phone’s ringing! That means it works!

You dash the last few feet to the living room and pick it up. Maybe it’s your mom.

“Hello?”

“Hi!” comes the familiar voice of Becca Lester, a friend from school.

WHHHIRRR...

You can hear the Annihilator. But it’s still in the kitchen. It hasn’t made a move yet.

“Becca!” you pant. “I can’t talk now.”

But Becca doesn’t listen. She just talks. That’s Becca, for you. A real talker.

“You’ll never believe what I heard about Jason Finestone,” she tells you, launching into it.

“Becca. I have to hang up!” you tell her.

quote:

“So, anyway,” she says, completely ignoring you. “Jason got sent to the principal again last week. And his parents were so mad, they decided to send him to military school! So he ran away from home, but he only went to the park, really. Then a squirrel bit him, and now he has to get rabies shots, so he can’t go to military school for at least a month, and...”

WHIRR...

Oh, no. The Annihilator is here!

“Becca!” you cry desperately. “I’m hanging up n–“

ZZZZTTTT! A blue laser beam zips out of the Annihilator’s chest and works its way up your body, from your toes to your head.

Becca’s voice goes on and on. And there’s nothing you can do. You just stand there with the phone frozen to your ear. Really frozen. As in ten below zero.

Guess Becca’s story about Jason left you cold!

THE END

Hey, the Annihilator finally got us! And it only took us standing still and waiting for him to shoot us because we're too polite to just hang up on someone!

Anyway, now that we've exhausted our options for dealing with the Annihilator, time to finally take that factory tour...

quote:

“I’ll take the tour,” you tell the man.

“Fine,” he says. He gives you an address. “Be here at four o’clock Saturday afternoon.”

“Thanks!” you say. Then you add, “Hey, how did I win this prize, anyway?”

But the man doesn’t answer. He’s already hung up.

The next day, you call your friend Benny and invite him to come with you on the tour. Benny just moved into the neighborhood – you’ve only known him for a couple of weeks. But your best friend is grounded for the third time this year. So you’ve been hanging out with Benny. He’s funny, and he’ll try anything once.

“Tour the Hasley Toy Company?” Benny says. “Cool!”

At four o’clock on Saturday, the two of you jump off your bikes in front of the factory. On top of the big white building a sign trumpets: WORLD’S LARGEST TOY SELECTION.

You open the door and step into the lobby.

The first thing you see is teeth. Two rows of glistening, sharp fangs!

It’s a snarling guard dog! And it’s headed straight for you!

quote:

Benny screams as you try to leap away. Too late! The dog’s sharp teeth clamp onto your pant leg.

You jerk away. But the dog is a big, fierce Doberman. And it won’t let go.

“Benny! Help!” you cry.

Before Benny can move, a man with curly blond hair and black glasses races toward you.

“Mittens! Mittens, stop!” the man yells. He aims a remote control at the dog and presses a button.

The dog freezes in place. “These new models never work right,” the man mutters as you yank your pants free.

Benny bursts out laughing. “Ha! It was just a toy!”

Your heart is still pumping a mile a minute. But you don’t want to seem like a wimp. So you laugh too.

“Sorry about that,” the man says. “I’m Bob Marvin, chief of new designs here at Hasley Toys – but everyone calls me Bobaloo. You must be here for the tour.”

“Uh, yeah.” You glance over at the motionless dog. Saliva still drips from its mouth, which is frozen in a snarl.

It looks so real!

This place is cool, you decide. You can’t wait to see what’s inside!

quote:

Bobaloo swipes a magnetic key card over a panel and pulls open another door. The three of you walk into the huge factory.

The room is full of chugging machinery and whirring conveyor belts. Wow, you think, gazing around. This is awesome!

Across the factory is a huge glass wall. Through the glass you can see a warehouse. Its shelves are stacked to the ceiling with toys.

“This way,” Bobaloo calls, pointing toward the warehouse. He and Benny hurry off.

You start to follow them – when something catches your eye. Something you can hardly believe.

A line of dolls in pink dresses are riding on a conveyor belt. One of them suddenly sits up – and looks around.

For one second, her big blue eyes glance your way. She flutters her long lashes in surprise. Then she jumps off the assembly line and darts behind a machine.

Whoa. Did you really just see a living doll?

You rub your eyes and blink hard. Should you run after it?

Or should you run home and get your dad’s camcorder?

If you run after the doll, turn to PAGE 98.

If you go for the camcorder, turn to PAGE 7.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
:siren:Shot with a freeze ray while our chatterbox friend tied up the phone line.:siren:

Achievements
Nice Shootin', Tex!: Destroyed the Annihilator 3000 by causing more collateral damage than it could manage in its wildest dreams.

Rebonack7 fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 1, 2019

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Chase the Doll!

Also you've got a broken bold tag in that last post.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Grab the camcorder

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Let's not be generous to the robot. Becca killed us there. :colbert:

Omnicrom posted:

Chase the Doll!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Let's get yelled at by the book for deciding to ditch the tour to go get a camcorder.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Camcorder!

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

AceOfFlames posted:

Let's get yelled at by the book for deciding to ditch the tour to go get a camcorder.

Sounds like a plan to me!

quote:

You can’t believe it. That doll was alive!

Your heart thumps with excitement.

You want to chase after her. You want to run over and tell Benny! You want to call a reporter and be interviewed on television!

But you decide to race home first – and get your dad’s camcorder. If you can catch the doll on video, maybe you can sell it to the news. You could make a ton of money!

And besides – you figure no one will believe you about a living doll. Unless you get proof, that is.

You dash out the door of the factory and ride your bike home. Grab the camcorder. Stuff it in your backpack. Then pedal like crazy back to the factory.

When you return, Benny is waiting outside for you.

He has a horrified look on his face.

quote:

Benny’s eyes are wide with shock. “Where did you go?” he demands. “I can’t believe you left. You missed the tour!”

“What?” you gasp.

“It’s over,” Benny says. “Boy, was it cool too. You wouldn’t believe all the great video games they let me play.”

“Oh, no,” you moan. “It can’t be over. I saw a doll come to life in there! We’ve got to get back in!”

You lunge at the factory door and yank on the handle. But it doesn’t budge.

“It’s locked,” Benny declares behind you. “Give up. They all went home. The factory is closed.”

It’s true.

And, anyway, the batteries in your camcorder are dead!

So, hey – face it. It’s time to recharge your batteries, rewind to PAGE 1, and start this book over.

Because for now, you have come to

THE END!

Either the factory's farther away from our house than the book makes it sound, or that was one hell of a short tour. Anyway, let's try the option that isn't an obvious false lead!

quote:

There’s no time to lose! Without thinking another second, you dash off to follow the doll.

You drop to your knees and crawl under a big piece of machinery. Then you snake your way through the factory, toward the big glass wall.

You see a glass door closing slowly. And a flash of pink.

The doll must have snuck into the warehouse.

“Benny!” you shout, running back to find him.

He’s standing in front of a bank of video monitors with joysticks in both hands. Bobaloo is nowhere in sight.

“This is so cool!” Benny shouts. “Come on – try it!”

“Forget that,” you answer. “I just saw a doll come to life! You’ve got to help me find it.”

“Yeah, right.” Benny smirks.

You grab the joysticks from him and toss them down.

“Come on,” you answer. “I’ll prove it.”

quote:

You and Benny hurry to the glass wall.

“She ran in here,” you declare. “Into the warehouse.”

“So what are we waiting for?” Benny asks sarcastically.

You notice that the glass door is open a crack. Jammed between the door and the frame is a tiny pink doll’s shoe.

“Look! One of her shoes!” you shout, pushing open the door.

The two of you slip through. On the way in, Benny’s foot bumps the shoe. The door shuts with a loud click.

You try to open the door. It won’t budge.

“We’re locked in,” you announce.

“Who cares!” Benny cries. “Look at all these toys!”

Your eyes sweep over shelves of model cars, computer games, and hundreds of other toys. They all look so cool.

But you can’t stop thinking about that all.

She’s in here somewhere. What is she up to?

Suddenly the thought of her gives you the creeps.

Do you really want to be locked in with her?

If you can't resist playing with the toys, turn to PAGE 76.

If you want to get out of the warehouse, pound on the door on PAGE 18.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings
Shot with a freeze ray while our chatterbox friend tied up the phone line.
Ran home to get a camcorder and missed the entire tour.

Achievements
Nice Shootin', Tex!: Destroyed the Annihilator 3000 by causing more collateral damage than it could manage in its wildest dreams.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Toys!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

Meh, it's not like anyone's ever been killed by a living doll. Let's go play with some toys!

quote:

Benny runs toward the video games.

A kid-sized red sports car catches your attention. You climb in. But before you can turn the key, all the lights in the warehouse shut off. And everything goes black!

“Hey!” Benny screams. “What’s going on?”

You grope your way toward his voice. “Maybe the factory is closing,” you suggest. “It’s Saturday – and it’s after five o’clock.”

“So we’re stuck in here for the rest of the weekend?” he whispers, sounding scared.

“No way. Bobaloo will come back for us,” you declare.

Just then, dim emergency lights flicker on.

“Um, I forgot to tell you,” Benny says. “Bobaloo got called away for some kind of emergency. He told me to find you and then – well, we were supposed to leave.”

Oh, great! you think. Then you remember your other problem.

“That doll must still be in here with us,” you whisper.

“Aw, you just made that up,” Benny says.

“No I didn’t,” you insist. “She was –“

You stop talking when you hear a thump. It’s coming from a shelf above Benny’s head. Was it that doll?

You brace yourself – and look up.

quote:

A small stuffed pig peers down at you. And blinks.

“It’s true,” the pig says. “She is alive. I am too!”

You and Benny gasp. The fuzzy pink pig is squirming to get out of the twist-tie holding it inside its package.

You both start to back away.

“Pleeeease wait,” squeals the pig. “Please help me out of my box. Every night I have to get out by myself, and it’s h-h-hard.”

You look up and see that the pig has a tear in one eye. It’s crying!

As you reach up to help the pig, you hear something. A rustling noise, like water, or wind. It seems to be coming from all around you...

Out of the corner of your eye, you see movement. Something just flitted across the aisle!

Then it dawns on you. The rustling noise? It’s paper. And cardboard. And plastic. And right now, every single toy in the warehouse is doing something incredible. Something you thought only happened in a kid’s best dream – or worst nightmare.

Thousands of toys: all coming to life.

quote:

The entire warehouse is going to be crawling with living toys any minute!

You and Benny run to the end of the aisle just in time to see an army of remote-control cars zoom around the corner.

A squad of fifteen-inch-high ninja action figures climb out of their boxes and dart off.

Dolls. Robots. Dinosaurs. Soldiers. They pour off the shelves, laughing, snarling, shouting to each other.

Even the board games seem to be alive! One game has set itself up. The pieces are racing each other, and cards are flipping in the air.

“I don’t believe this,” Benny whispers.

Suddenly bright lights over in the factory flash on. They cast eerie shadows into the warehouse.

Then you hear a noise that makes your skin crawl. It’s the sound of machines roaring to life. Conveyor belts whirring. Vats of plastic starting to bubble.

Someone – or something – is running the factory!

quote:

You and Benny creep through the warehouse toward the factory. Your eyes widen when you look through the glass wall.

The ninja action figures are out there, pulling switches and pushing buttons to run the machinery.

Then you see a figure standing still in the middle of the excitement. It’s the doll you watched come to life!

Her brown hair is held up in two pigtails with pink ribbons. Her little pink lips are heart shaped. She has huge blue eyes and rosy cheeks.

The doll lifts a megaphone to her lips.

“MOVE IT, YOU NO-GOOD NINJAS!” she roars.

You and Benny exchange startled glances. You look back and squint, trying to read the name stitched on her dress. Finally you make it out: NASTY KATHY. You’ve seen her on TV. Pull her string and she says all kinds of mean things.

“What are they making?” Benny whispers.

“More toys, I guess,” you whisper back.

You both look at the conveyor belt. Then a bizarre cargo chugs into sight – a life-sized doll.

It looks so real, you’d swear it’s alive. And lined up behind it are dozens more.

quote:

Nasty Kathy barks orders into her megaphone.

“Keep moving, barf bags! You with the ugly face! Start loading the batteries.”

One of the ninjas springs onto the conveyor belt. It opens a compartment in the foot of the first life-sized doll. It drops in several batteries, then clicks the compartment shut.

“Put a police uniform on it,” Nasty Kathy snaps to another ninja. “And then turn it on.”

A minute later, the big doll stands up and shakes itself.

It looks completely and chillingly human.

It snaps a salute at Nasty Kathy. “Officer Murphy reporting for duty, ma’am.”

“Never mind that,” Nasty Kathy growls. “Get out there and do the job you’ve been programmed to do.”

“Yes, ma’am,” the policeman replies. “But, first, what shall I do about the security problem?”

“Security problem?” Nasty Kathy snaps. “What security problem?”

The officer turns slowly until it’s facing the glass wall you’re crouched behind. Then it lifts its hand and points – directly at you!

quote:

You’ve been spotted! You’re so terrified, you can’t move.

Nasty Kathy’s head swivels in your direction. Then she grins. She has two rows of small, sharp teeth.

I’ll deal with them,” Nasty Kathy tells the officer. “You go out there and do your job.”

“Yes, ma’am,” Officer Murphy says, striding off.

Nasty Kathy walks over to you. Without saying a word, she reaches up and pulls the string on her own back.

“I don’t like you!” a tinny voice shrieks.

Nasty Kathy giggles. This time her mouth moves. “You shouldn’t be here. Humans can’t know about our plan. Now you’re going to pay,” she says.

“No, we’re not!” Benny yells. “This tour was supposed to be free!”

He jumps up and dashes through the glass door into the factory. Tearing past a group of knee-high ninjas, he races toward the front door. Then he vanishes behind a big machine.

You start to follow him. But then you realize... that’s the door the police officer doll used.

What if it’s still out there?

Take your chances with the police doll on PAGE 93.

If you'd rather find a different way out, race to PAGE 123.

...Nasty Kathy? Really? That's the name you're going with?

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ACDAB. Find a different way.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Find another way!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Nasty Kathy sounds like a discount Garbage Pail Kids doll, and that's really impressive in a not good way.

Let's find another way

Rebonack7
Aug 27, 2015

quote:

“No, Benny!” you shout. “Let’s find a different way out.”

You dash away, through the twisting aisles of the warehouse. You don’t dare slow down to peek over your shoulder. All you can do is hope Benny is following you.

Nasty Kathy’s voice booms over her megaphone.

“Alert!” she shouts. “A ball of human fungus is loose in our warehouse. If it escapes, I’ll have you all taken apart!”

The second she finishes speaking, you hear the whir of toy motors and the clatter of plastic feet.

You keep running, even though your lungs are about to burst. You need to find cover! Then you see that you’ve run right into the main aisle. And you realize you’ve made a mistake.

A terrible mistake.

It sounds as if the entire warehouse full of toys is coming for you! Surrounding you!

Then you see six pairs of eyes – glowing green eyes – closing in...

“No!” you scream.

quote:

Instantly you know what those glowing eyes belong to. You’ve seen them on TV. They’re horrible monster toys. Monsters called Zorgs.

On the toys, the claws are plastic and the teeth are rubber.

But, now, in the dim emergency light, you can see that these Zorgs are different – because they’re alive.

Their claws and teeth are steel. Their mouths drip with green slime and purple ooze. Their eyes glow with a hideous green light.

You know what they want. Beyond any doubt. You saw the movie Zorg Revenge and you know what Zorgs do. They claw their way to your face – and rip it to shreds!

Zorgs swarm your face because it’s the fastest way to get... to your brain!

The six Zorgs creep toward you. Their slimy feet make sucking noise as they grip and release the floor.

SQUISH. FLAP. SQUISH. FLAP.

You back up slowly. Watching them. Praying there aren’t any more Zorgs behind you.

The six creatures sense your fear. They close in steadily.

Without warning, they all LEAP AT YOU!

quote:

“Aaahhhhhh!” you scream as the monsters fly at you.

All six Zorgs latch on to your legs and claw their way up your body toward your face!

You thrash wildly and managed to shake two of them loose. They land with a plop near your feet.

But the ones that hang on grip tighter.

RIIIIIPPPPPP! Their razor claws slice through your jeans as they climb. You feel the sting of the ooze from their tongues as it drools into the scratches in your flesh.

“HELP!” you scream. They’re spitting slime!

You grab at them with your hands, but they’re strong. Hard to shake off. You gaze down and shudder. Their filthy blue-green fur ripples. Their slimy tongues waggle. Their ugly sucking feet grip your legs.

Two more monsters leap again. Harder. Higher. Their claws sink into your T-shirt. You grab one and hurl it across the room.

Then you feel a claw scrape along your chin...

quote:

“NOOO!” you cry. You kick and punch at the monsters. Finally all six of them drop to the floor.

Then you turn and run. But you have to dodge some remote-control cars that are zooming in wild patterns at your feet.

The cars are trying to trip you!

A plastic tea set hurls itself off a high shelf. Cups and saucers clatter down on your head.

All the toys are out to get me! you realize.

You hop over a slithering rubber snake. On the wall ahead, you see a sign listing all the toys: CARS & TRUCKS. LEARNING TOYS. ACTION FIGURES. STUFFED ANIMALS. PRESCHOOL TOYS. Under it is a map of the aisles.

Which way is it safe to go?

You bend down and peer between the empty shelves...

Hey. Is that a glowing red light in the back corner of the warehouse? The kind they use on exit signs?

You start to crawl toward the red light.

Then you hear Benny’s voice. Far away. Desperate.

“Help,” Benny cries. “Help! They’ve got me!”

If you follow the sound of Benny's voice, turn to PAGE 33.

If you go toward the red exit light, turn to PAGE 50.

It seems like an odd decision to make children's toys based on a movie about face-shredding, brain-eating alien monsters. Then again, movies like Robocop and Nightmare on Elm Street used to get their own action figure lines all the time, so I guess it checks out.

Character Sheet posted:

Inventory
Empty

Bad Endings

Achievements

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Follow Benny's voice!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I mean, they made a kid's cartoon based on The Toxic Avenger, and that's NOT a movie aimed at kids in absolutely any way.

Go Towards The Light

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

gently caress Benny, go for the exit.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I bet that's not Benny. Just leave.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009