Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Once again, goons are onto me. I decided to quit combining trams and speed after I had a seizure on the street, on the 1st of May, while going to a party over at my friend's. Funny thing, one of the invitees was a prison doctor, and I was so high that I told him everything about where I'm getting my trams and poo poo. The guy understood me fully, but he didn't seem to be quite impressed by what happened on the street, some 15 minutes prior - you start talking tramadol and you know where this is going to end up at. :D

the rarely seen full 360 Late Stage Yeltsin flip... impressive labor day maneuver

In all seriousness, that not-quite speedball sounds terrible. Idk, i'd much rather do speed on its own given that description but neither is even nicer. Sleep, food, taking it easy are the ingredients for working on things. the cat lifestyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
are people having drug-induced seizures on the street an everyday thing to witness in your part of the world? i mean i'm getting the impression that yes, absolutely, but just thought i'd ask

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

nankeen posted:

are people having drug-induced seizures on the street an everyday thing to witness in your part of the world? i mean i'm getting the impression that yes, absolutely, but just thought i'd ask

There's a reason the population is imploding. (Tt's the EU & free movement currently but spot the war).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You got your entity_medium in my growth!

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Data Graham posted:

You got your entity_medium in my growth!

It's more likely than you think.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Saros posted:

There's a reason the population is imploding. (Tt's the EU & free movement currently but spot the war).

Does this mean anyone born in the late 90s / early 00's in Croatia can be considered a Boomer?

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
I demand more tales from the mystical land of Croatia!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
Just to preface this post with a small update on my health. Long story short, I'm not doing so hot these days. Ever since the May 1st incident, something broke in my brain and I've come to perceive this constant stupor from meds as something that's no longer working in my favor. It's the combination of constant dizziness, and dangerously low blood pressure that's putting me on a constant brink of collapse triggered by an epileptic seizure. Now, every time I'm getting up from a sitting position, what little blood I have in my system pools down into my lower body, leaving my brain starved of oxygen-carrying blood, causing dangerous dizziness. Basically orthostatic hypotension with an added knack of being dizzy in the first place from all the meds. What was amusing for a long time now feels like a constant threat for my well-being, or what little's left of it.

In order to remedy this, I'm now doing damage control and slowly reducing the intake of my prescribed meds. I'm taking promazine only if I'm freaking out, which is sadly most of the time, and I've cut my lyrica intake by 50%. I'm presently feeling mild to moderate withdrawal from lyrica but so far it's been manageable. Is it possible that I'm finally starting to take care of my well-being in general, in lieu of my actual therapy prescribed by the "I don't give a rat's rear end" looneybin doctor? One thing stands for sure, things can't go on like this anymore. I will keep you updated on my excessive drug kicking, but so far it has been manageable. Unpleasant, but manageable, and that's all that matters.

The idea was that I'd look for a job after my mind stabilizes, but in this state I can barely shuffle around the apartment and going to the corner grocery store is an adventure every time. To make the matters worse, the cocktail of meds I've been prescribed has turned me into a senile zombie. I feel that at 37, my life is pretty much over. This is a result of major tranquilizers I'm taking and it's not a good thing by any means, that's why I decided to cut down on meds which did me good for a long time, but have since turned against me, and I'm doing everything I can to return to therapy I've been taking before my hospitalization, which produced some truly astounding results. It's gonna be a long journey reverting to that therapy, but what matters is that I'm slowly adjusting to the new-old therapy. Side effects are dizziness and agitation from withdrawal, but I've lived through much, much worse. Keep fingers crossed for me, I'll need all the moral support I can get. I'm gonna be in a freakout mode for at least three weeks, now I gotta clench my teeth and hope for the best. I'll keep you guys updated.

A poster demanded a story from the mystical land of Croatia. I'm gonna tell you the story about my summer vacation in the warzone, in 1991 if I remember correctly.
During the war, enemy serbian forces captured the hydroelectric plant Peruča which supplied electricity for most of the southern coast (Dalmatia.) The result was that there was a critical shortage of electricity down there, and the idea was to launch a system of power reductions for the most of the dalmatia. The entire coast got electricity from a tiny coal-fired power plant which couldn't produce enough electricity for the entire coast at the same time. In order to remedy this, the engineers cut up the Dalmatia into sections: area A would get power from 08:00 to 10:00, area B would get power from 10:00 to 12:00, and so on. Just enough time for you to do your laundry, cook the lunch and watch the news on the TV, but there was no electricity for most of the day, which sucked. Refrigerators were rendered useless, so if you wanted meat, you would either buy a can of corned beef or pay an absolute fortune for fresh meat which was sold in a few tiny butcher shops at an astronomical cost - they had these gas powered refrigirators which were powered by a compressed gas, but these shops were far inbetween. Grocery stores, on the other hand, were incredibly depressing sights to witness. There was a huge grocery store in my village, at the moment in a state of bankruptcy but the store was still sort of open, but the shelves were almost completely empty. Here and there you could pick up a baggy of laundry detergent, a loaf of bread, a can of beans from 1986 and that was pretty much it. The store didn't have any electricty, so that was an additional shock I've witnessed. The strange thing was that the store was completely staffed, they of course haven't seen a dime in months, but the loyal workers stayed on their jobs out of pure altruism, even though the gang of six or seven sellers and cashiers were selling "the gently caress" out of what little they had. It's a sad story, really. You see people doing the best they can in a hopeless situation.
Another store, of course long since gone as well, didn't have electricity but it was stocked somewhat better so I did my shopping there for the most part. There was only a cashier in the store (which was quite big) and instead of using the modern electronic cash register, he whisked out a MECHANICAL cash register from the 1950s which had to be hand cranked but it did get the job done. Both stores I've talked about have since gone belly-up. A shame, really.

Anyway, I want to tell you another story which happened in 1992. Enemy soldiers occupated the area which was the lifeline between continetal and coastal Croatia. The normal route was impassable because Serb forces bombed the Maslenica bridge and caused it to collapse into the sea. Main road route between the North and South was cut in half. The only alternative was to go a long way around, taking a ferry from Zadar and then go over the Pag peninsula which would get you to your destination, being more or less safe. One year, I believe it was 1991 or 1992, my Mom and I were traveling from Southern Dalmatia back to Zagreb by bus, returning from our month-long holiday in the warzone. I need to preface this with an awkward truth that bus companies sent their oldest and junkiest buses down to Dalmatia because there was a very real chance that we would get fired upon. The most dangerous part of our journey was going across the back village roads on the Pag peninsula, because we were in direct line of fire from the enemy forces who dug in their artillery on the mountains overseeing the Pag peninsula. Our road was located too far to be fired upon from AKs and snipers, but we were just in the sweet spot for getting fired at with artillery. How to travel that road again? The idea was this: turn off all the lights on the bus, the road being illuminated only by moonlighting, pedal to the metal and hope for the best. What we feared most was sabotage with landmines and being used as a convenient target practice for the enemy artillery.
At first, everything seemed to have been going swimmingly. We were afraid, but we also knew that the bus is doing 80MPH and that it would have been exceedingly hard for the mortar shells to strike our bus. 80MPH over the country roads with all the lights turned off, we prayed for the moment we'd be safe from enemy activity. That is, before an ear-splitting explosion rocked the bus!
Our first thought was OH loving NO WE HIT A LANDMINE. The bus continued blasting away at it maximum speed, the passengers were in panic, but something about the bus felt really strange - the vehicle was teetering on one side. We thought the front left tire exploded, but we soon realized it was not the tire as we were still blasting down the road. Eventually we parked our bus on the outskirts of the town of Pag, near the abandoned supermarket. It was a rainy Sunday morning in the ghost town.
It was immediately obvious that the tire was fine, the driver and his assistant soon figured that the explosion was caused by a rupture in the pneumatic suspension system. Basically the bus had pressurized rubber discs in the suspension system behind every wheel, and these acted as a shock absorbers in lieu of traditional coil springs (pneumatic suspension gives you a much comfier ride), but this particular pressurized rubber disc blew itself to bits due to material fatigue. The driver and his assistant tried their best to replace the disc, but this was way beyond what could've been done out there on the road in the boonies.
We spent two miserable days there, in the middle of loving nowhere, before a replacement bus came all the way from Zagreb to pick us up. Some passengers hitched a ride to Zagreb on other carriers' buses, but the majority of us simply boarded the replacement bus which was likewise junky, old and terrible but at least it could run sort of okay.
Now that was quite a fright. When we came back to Zagreb, I puked my guts out in the street from sheer stress, and that was it. No permanent damage to any of us, which means that I was one lucky dog.

As a postscript, the touristy area of Southern Dalmatia became completely devoid of tourists! Imagine having a whole loving beach just for yourself. This poo poo spoiled me to no end, and now that the tourists are back, I feel that the coast has sort of died for me - I hate pushing my way around people just so I'd find a place to sit down and suntan, and then get splashed by water by frolicking tourists around me - way too many tourists to be honest. Oh well, at least I know how nice it is when you have the beach to yourself and the only other people present are the locals who are your friends. Yup, spoiled to no end.

Goons; AMA about this post, and I'll try to clarify if something sounded confusing.

And lastly, have another cute video of Mr Weed interacting with Bobbie. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29ZKJ1MYCY

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Your life is very interesting, for better or for worse. Hang in there buddy!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for sharing your memories and please take care of yourself as best you can, ASF.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
Good luck, that poo poo is no joke. I think it may be worth it to check out the recovery thread in the drug subforum. It's good to have mutual support instead of just a bunch of chuckleheads kinda sorta asking-not-asking for crazy drug stories.

In that spirit, if you want to close this thread and/or start a new one, go for it.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
Amazing stories ASF. I'm sorry to hear you aren't doing so well at the moment. I know you've been through a lot but you must realize that at 37 you are still a young man. You know we're all pulling for you, right? Stay strong buddy. Message me any time if you need to

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
still loling at how fitting the name “mr weed” is for mr weed

You guys look like a lot of fun and wish I could visit your country

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Can you tell us more about Mr Weeds tattoos and maybe a picture ? I’m not a tattoo expert, but they look good

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Interesting stories, as always. I sympathize with your feelings about your life being over. I’m significantly older than you, and I’ve struggled with that feeling every single day for years and years, now. I can’t say it gets better, because for me it hasn’t, but you’re not as isolated as you probably feel. I’ve been participating in your threads for numerous years under various names, and I’ve always wanted to see you deal with your issues and get better. I think just about everyone feels that way. Your threads are a rare case of almost every post being sincere, and people suppressing their onlineness in favor of offering real advice and real support, as much as they can through forum posts.

On other notes: please consider turning that music down or investing in tiny earmuffs for that poor kitty. I always cringe at the loud background music with those sensitive ears in the room.

Also, what sort of withdrawal symptoms are you having from the Lyrica? My insurance company finally approved Lyrica for me, and I’ve been taking it for a few weeks. My symptoms are bad, bad, bad, and my doctor is willing to up the dosage pretty quickly if the medicine isn’t working, but I don’t think anyone has mentioned withdrawal to me.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

Can you tell us more about Mr Weeds tattoos and maybe a picture ? I’m not a tattoo expert, but they look good

We're gonna make a video about his tattoos. So far, Mr Weed says that those tattoos are a simple provocation and a repellent for Jehovah's witnesses.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

On other notes: please consider turning that music down or investing in tiny earmuffs for that poor kitty. I always cringe at the loud background music with those sensitive ears in the room.
The cat doesn't mind loud music, she's used to it and will actively demand to sit on a chair in order to be equal to us humans. If the loud music bothered her, you bet she'd make a beeline right outta the kitchen, but this is not the case. :)

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Also, what sort of withdrawal symptoms are you having from the Lyrica?

Mild discomfort and agitation which goes away after a few days. I've already adjusted to the lower dosage of Lyrica. Thought that it's gonna be weeks of withdrawal but no, reduction of the dose went swimmingly. I wouldn't bother thinking about possible WD because it's barely noticeable and you shouldn't worry about it.

By the way, I'm opening each 300mg capsule and separate the powder into two lumps which I then wrap in cigarette rolling paper, making a little paper ball full of powder, which is easy to swallow. This way I have a huge excess of Lyrica pills which will, of course, be used to get high. :getin:

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

In order to remedy this, I'm now doing damage control and slowly reducing the intake of my prescribed meds. I'm taking promazine only if I'm freaking out, which is sadly most of the time, and I've cut my lyrica intake by 50%. I'm presently feeling mild to moderate withdrawal from lyrica but so far it's been manageable. Is it possible that I'm finally starting to take care of my well-being in general, in lieu of my actual therapy prescribed by the "I don't give a rat's rear end" looneybin doctor? One thing stands for sure, things can't go on like this anymore. I will keep you updated on my excessive drug kicking, but so far it has been manageable. Unpleasant, but manageable, and that's all that matters.

Mild discomfort and agitation which goes away after a few days. I've already adjusted to the lower dosage of Lyrica. Thought that it's gonna be weeks of withdrawal but no, reduction of the dose went swimmingly. I wouldn't bother thinking about possible WD because it's barely noticeable and you shouldn't worry about it.

By the way, I'm opening each 300mg capsule and separate the powder into two lumps which I then wrap in cigarette rolling paper, making a little paper ball full of powder, which is easy to swallow. This way I have a huge excess of Lyrica pills which will, of course, be used to get high. :getin:

You are so full of poo poo to be honest. Reading through the thread you often brag about kicking off drugs on your own, only to decide to binge on them a day later. You were actually doing quite ok when you were poor as gently caress and were unable to afford large amounts of pills, alcohol or weed. The past year you've managed to spend €30k on pills (60 months worth of rent!) which granted you a VIP pass for the closed psychic ward of the nearest hospital.

Your writing has also suffered. Your posts were noticeably better 4 years ago.

What about the weed? For someone who has suffered from psychoses in the past and is on anti-psychotic medication, I don't think smoking vast amounts of weed or hashes is a very good idea.

Overdosing on Lyrica will put you on a high risk of drowsiness, confusion, agitation and restlessness. Epileptic attacks were also reported as well as a small risk of getting in a coma. You'll be back in hospital in no time. Get some professional help for gods sake.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

it seems like a bad idea to be able to self-prescribe, buy and ingest powerful psychotropic drugs in whatever quantity you want? :shrug:

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
Thank you for the tales ASF, they were a wonderful view into civilian life during the war. I hope things look up for you soon with those side effects, that poo poo blows. And 37 is plenty young, the future is strange, you’ll never know what crazy thing you might experience in the coming years.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

MrOzzy posted:

You are so full of poo poo to be honest. Reading through the thread you often brag about kicking off drugs on your own, only to decide to binge on them a day later. You were actually doing quite ok when you were poor as gently caress and were unable to afford large amounts of pills, alcohol or weed. The past year you've managed to spend €30k on pills (60 months worth of rent!) which granted you a VIP pass for the closed psychic ward of the nearest hospital.

Your writing has also suffered. Your posts were noticeably better 4 years ago.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and do some realtalk: my friend, you're completely right. As far as writing quality is concerned, you're right about that too - there's very little I can write about when all I'm doing is sitting at home, tripping on random pharmaceuticals and playing with cats. In a way, I feel that this thread has ran its course and I'm going to close it in a few days. I finally have well-behaving tenants who pay on time, I've cut out all the harmful people out of my life and everything seems to be more or less on track, all things considered.

By the way, not sure if I talked about this before (it's possible), but I've visited medical commission the other day and everything went surprisingly well. I was after a small financial injection ($95) which I will ostensibly use to pay someone to clean up my apartment once a month because the drugs, legit ones, are making me precariously dizzy. The strange thing, about which I'll keep mum of course, is that ever since I cut my Lyrica intake by half, this dizziness unexpectedly went away, which is a good thing. I'm now waiting for a visit by a social worker because the Man needs to see that I have my life in check but just need someone to do the chores. This is not true anymore, but I could sure as hell use that money to buy groceries, because the way I'm living now, I can sort of get by, but I'm constantly teetering on the verge of poverty; the grocery prices are gradually creeping up while I'm on a fixed income. Heavens forbid that one of my tenants unexpectedly leaves because then I'd have to invest a significant lump of money in getting the vacant apartment back to shape in order to make it presentable for the new tenant, that same money I of course don't have.

If this social security thing doesn't get through, which is a very real possibility, I guess I'll have no option but to look for a job. This shouldn't be too much of a problem, because I feel fine and able-bodied. My only limitation is that I need to work in one place near the toilet (ie no terrain work) because of my (in)digestion problems. The last job I worked was all sorts of wrong for me: I was doing terrain work almost every day and, so that I wouldn't poo poo myself, every day I begrudgingly took mind-blowing amounts of opioids because they slow down your digestion, stop it even. Other workers of course noted that I appear to be high, but they could never prove that I'm taking 50+ tramadol pills every day because I went to great lengths not to be caught swallowing pills by the handful every few hours. I'd fill a plastic bottle with water and go to the toilet, ostensibly to take a dump. Then I'd whisk a whole panel of trams from my wallet (ten 50mg pills), swallow them all with water from my bottle, then put the empty panel back into my wallet to hide evidence, flush the toilet (for plausibility sake) and quickly make my way out. The other reason was the calming effect of Tramadol, preventing me from lashing out on the morons I've been surrounded with.

MrOzzy posted:

What about the weed? For someone who has suffered from psychoses in the past and is on anti-psychotic medication, I don't think smoking vast amounts of weed or hashes is a very good idea.

Weed only puts me in "durrrr" mode for two hours, no permanent negative effect. Truth to be told, I'm not a huge fan of weed as it totally incapacitates me (I can't walk at all when I'm high on weed), but everything is fine afterwards. I've begrudgingly come to terms that my Tramadol glory days are a thing of the past.

MrOzzy posted:

Overdosing on Lyrica will put you on a high risk of drowsiness, confusion, agitation and restlessness. Epileptic attacks were also reported as well as a small risk of getting in a coma.
Is that a bad thing or...? :D

MrOzzy posted:

You'll be back in hospital in no time. Get some professional help for gods sake.

My hospital visit was a result of a combination of unfortunate factors, that's why I got out so soon because even the doctors saw that I was in there for bullshit reasons. As far as professional help is concerned, I've been seeing psychiatrists for thirty-one years, what more do you expect from me? :D

So now the battle plan is like this: after stabilizing for a few days more, I'm going to cut lyrica by another half, taking 75mg in the morning and 75mg in the evening, which is a realistic, down-to-earth dose instead of astronomical 300/300 I've been prescribed. I've adjusted remarkably well to my new 150/150 dose and now I want to take it one step further. Even as things are now, the dizziness is gone for the most part, let's see where I can get from here (I can always up my dosage again if this doesn't go through.)
Then, if everything appears to be alright, and if social security thing doesn't go through, which is a very real possibility as the State is very stingy with its money, however small the sum is, I'll look for a job because everybody is hiring and I can even choose where to start working.

And finally, to be completely honest, I'm sort of praying that the social security thing doesn't go through. I need structure in my daily life and I love going to work as it's making me feel useful. It's just that my last job was an unending stream of trouble and the only thing that kept me working there was goddamn tramadol as it helped me cope with unrealistic work demands and questionable workplace conditions I've been exposed there.

This post was realtalk. I'm sorry for that, but the situation asked for it. :)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jun 20, 2019

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
IMO don't close the thread completely. Unbookmark it maybe, don't post for a while. It's always good to have a place to vent. I don't say this just because I want to read more crazy stories. Stay safe ASF. I hope things work out.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I would hate to see the thread closed too. Maybe step back and only post about things that happen around you. Honestly, if you just went out every couple weeks and took pictures of the town without comment I would be fascinated

I love your tales, but if they are causing you difficulty, then do what is best for you. I think we all love you and just want to see you be healthy-ish in a good place mentally

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
I'm not the sort of person who likes telling other people what to do [pause for laughter], but I don't think it would be terrible if this thread closed. It's been going for an impressive four years and some-odd months, for one thing, and nothing so wonderful can last forever. It also may be time for ASFB to symbolically cut the ties to his substance-abusing behavior, or I don't know, something something clean slate something new patterns, you get the idea.

If you want, ASFB, I'll be happy to gold mine this baby if/when you close it. I would say, let it go dormant and then reopen it as you see fit, but it could slip into the archives, where no one can retrieve it, and this thread is too precious to be lost like that. Besides, you can always start a new thread.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Whatever you decide to do, ASFB, it's important to me that you know that I, a stranger from the Internet, love you deeply, and I wish you nothing but the best <3

Thank you :glomp:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let us think back on all the good times.

“While I was cooking the chair” may well be the most sublime phrase I have ever read on these forums

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Protect Bobbie at all costs.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

TTerrible posted:

Protect Bobbie at all costs.

I was really confused by this for a second.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

By the way, not sure if I talked about this before (it's possible), but I've visited medical commission the other day and everything went surprisingly well. I was after a small financial injection ($95) which I will ostensibly use to pay someone to clean up my apartment once a month because the drugs, legit ones, are making me precariously dizzy. The strange thing, about which I'll keep mum of course, is that ever since I cut my Lyrica intake by half, this dizziness unexpectedly went away, which is a good thing. I'm now waiting for a visit by a social worker because the Man needs to see that I have my life in check but just need someone to do the chores. This is not true anymore, but I could sure as hell use that money to buy groceries, because the way I'm living now, I can sort of get by, but I'm constantly teetering on the verge of poverty; the grocery prices are gradually creeping up while I'm on a fixed income. Heavens forbid that one of my tenants unexpectedly leaves because then I'd have to invest a significant lump of money in getting the vacant apartment back to shape in order to make it presentable for the new tenant, that same money I of course don't have.

You know, we all loved your threads when they were about fixing up apartments and buying ancient Soviet radios at flea markets. We loved your walking and bicycling tours of Zagreb, and the little historical lessons you would give on the fallout shelters, and the brutalist architecture. Do you remember that? I do. You could do that, again, and 99.9% would stick around to read it just like we do your drug stories.

The last time Bobbie talked about closing this thread, I went to bat against the idea. I pointed out that we’d been listening to your stories for years, and I thought this thread had some therapeutic value for you. Maybe that’s not true, any more. If you want to shut it down, shut it down, but I wish you’d consider taking us on another walk around your city before you go. Maybe you’ll remember why you used to like doing those for us.

Whatever your problems are, your posts in this thread are always fascinating, and this thread is one of the few on these forums with a real personality. Whatever you are at any point in time, this thread is you. It changes with you, but it’s always you. Every time we lose a thread like this or a poster like you, I think the forums get a little worse, and little more generic. I’ll be sorry to see this thread go if you do decide to shut it down.

That is all.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I just get the feeling that the only way this is going to end is that we won't hear from OP for like 6 months, after which some enterprising goon will track down Mr. Weed only to learn that OP has died. :smith:

MrOzzy
Nov 17, 2017

I'm gonna go out on a limb and do some realtalk: my friend, you're completely right. As far as writing quality is concerned, you're right about that too - there's very little I can write about when all I'm doing is sitting at home, tripping on random pharmaceuticals and playing with cats. In a way, I feel that this thread has ran its course and I'm going to close it in a few days. I finally have well-behaving tenants who pay on time, I've cut out all the harmful people out of my life and everything seems to be more or less on track, all things considered.

:words:

I think you still have a lot to write about, there is still enough content. I was talking about the style. It appears to me during the last year you've lost a lot of the colorful language you used to use. It's slowly degrading a bit. It seemed to me you were really trying to find a good comparison, description or quote to show us what was happening to you and to your country. You really have the ability to catch a thought in a few words and take your readers to your world. It already starts with the thread title "A Land of Contrasts" pretty much catches it all.
It must be on top of your mind during the day to produce such writing. I remember you once wrote you've checked your posts for spelling and grammar several times before you pressed the post button. I guess you also rephrased things regularly before you posted them. The result was comedy gold on several occasions.

I guess the addiction has been taking over more and more. You're probably thinking about your next fix instead of your next post. Reading through your last reply you to tip toe around the answers to questions you don't seem to like. You should go into politics! :eek:

Bottom line: stop binging and OD'ing on MEDs. Tell your psychiatrist about your abuse and work something out (for example only get medication for a week, so you need to visit your doctor every week). Like you said several times before: you can't be trusted around medication. As far as I can tell you haven't come clean to the right people regarding your abuse.

As far as the topic goes, it's all up to you. It's quite an honor to end up in the goldmine. You can always start a new topic. But ultimately it's your decision.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

spankmeister posted:

I just get the feeling that the only way this is going to end is that we won't hear from OP for like 6 months, after which some enterprising goon will track down Mr. Weed only to learn that OP has died. :smith:

Goddamnit, I'm going to Croatia in a few months, and now I feel personally cursed to this fate.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
honestly this thread seems more like op would suddenly disappear, we'd all think he was dead, mr weed would think he was dead, someone else would track down drug baba and she would think he was dead, but then it would turn out he impulsively moved overseas and now he's got a phd and is a rocket scientist

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

nankeen posted:

honestly this thread seems more like op would suddenly disappear, we'd all think he was dead, mr weed would think he was dead, someone else would track down drug baba and she would think he was dead, but then it would turn out he impulsively moved overseas and now he's got a phd and is a rocket scientist

This has already happened a couple of times, but instead of a PhD, he shows up with an even higher tolerance for Tramadol.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
lol, dont stop posting, OP.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

do whatever you want ASFB. If writing helps you process stuff or if you enjoy it, write whatever you’re up to. I think you’re a genuinely cool dude. You may say i don’t know your weirdo beardo real person at all. True, basically a Lot of Druggos may be your only or best fitting thing rn and that’s suboptimal i guess. But you can learn to manage. Anyway the cool points come from all of the stuff in between, i loved things like what you wrote on the yugo anime fansub scene, being drafted in the armed forces, the soviet architecture photo tours, the insane tenant shenanigans, your countryside hoarding uncles house. setting the balkans on fire ‘processing’ waste. Don’t feel obliged either but your posting really is a fun read lots and lots of ppl enjoy. Ok the chair cooking helped you gain a wider readership maybe

some of those are years old stories but i remember them. Post them if you feel it helps you or if you enjoy posting, stop binging all the drugs you can. You’re a good dude. hang in there

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

serious norman posted:

lol, dont stop posting, OP.

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt
A friend of mine has just been to Croatia, the pictures from Krka national park look amazing.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

That Dang Lizard posted:

A friend of mine has just been to Croatia, the pictures from Krka national park look amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfupO4ZzPs

Beardo will come back, don't you worry.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Hey all, just to chime with a belated post saying that I'm doing well.
I had a very serious problem with dizziness; every time I'd get up from a sitting position I'd be THIS close to collapsing - I believe my blood pressure was critically low. In order to remedy this, I made modifications to my therapy - I basically returned to therapy I was taking before hospitalization. For starters, I eliminated promazine entirely. Second, instead of two Zyprexas before bedtime, I take just one like before. And as far as Lyrica is concerned, I divided single 300mg capsules into fours and wrapped the 75mg wads in cigarette rolling paper, these are called bomblets over here and rolling paper wads are commonly used to ingest amphetamines. I made 60 bomblets and I can tell you that I already adjusted to the new-old therapy, and I'm feeling well enough to start working! :)

Now that we're on work, I went on a job interview today and it went very well - the lady from the company says I have 80% chances that I'll end up getting hired, but I won't know for sure before Tuesday. If this indeed goes through, looks like I'll be a janitor again, but not just any old janitor, a janitor at the hospital - the same hospital where I got cured of cancer. I would like this very much because I'll always be close to a toilet, and even the pay for my services won't be bad. Unfortunately, I had to shave off my neckbeard in order to look professional. Let's keep fingers crossed that this goes through. :)

And as far as mindfucking drugs are concerned, I'm only smoking copious amounts of weed, there are no more funny pills for me. I can't afford to buy them, for starters :)

And lastly, have a cute video of Mr Weed interacting with Olyushka, his other cat. I haven't filmed her before, so this is all new. Be warned though, it's just a run of the mill cat video, but cute nonetheless. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arJ1UG_kkLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Hey all, just to chime with a belated post saying that I'm doing well.
I had a very serious problem with dizziness; every time I'd get up from a sitting position I'd be THIS close to collapsing - I believe my blood pressure was critically low. In order to remedy this, I made modifications to my therapy - I basically returned to therapy I was taking before hospitalization. For starters, I eliminated promazine entirely. Second, instead of two Zyprexas before bedtime, I take just one like before. And as far as Lyrica is concerned, I divided single 300mg capsules into fours and wrapped the 75mg wads in cigarette rolling paper, these are called bomblets over here and rolling paper wads are commonly used to ingest amphetamines. I made 60 bomblets and I can tell you that I already adjusted to the new-old therapy, and I'm feeling well enough to start working! :)

Now that we're on work, I went on a job interview today and it went very well - the lady from the company says I have 80% chances that I'll end up getting hired, but I won't know for sure before Tuesday. If this indeed goes through, looks like I'll be a janitor again, but not just any old janitor, a janitor at the hospital - the same hospital where I got cured of cancer. I would like this very much because I'll always be close to a toilet, and even the pay for my services won't be bad. Unfortunately, I had to shave off my neckbeard in order to look professional. Let's keep fingers crossed that this goes through. :)

And as far as mindfucking drugs are concerned, I'm only smoking copious amounts of weed, there are no more funny pills for me. I can't afford to buy them, for starters :)

And lastly, have a cute video of Mr Weed interacting with Olyushka, his other cat. I haven't filmed her before, so this is all new. Be warned though, it's just a run of the mill cat video, but cute nonetheless. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arJ1UG_kkLA

Congratulations. An opportunity to work at a job you enjoy in a place where your life was saved sounds really great. I hope you get the job. Are you getting advice from your doctors about reducing your medication intake, or are you just winging it? I don’t doubt your level of experience, but I think if you want to make permanent positive changed, you probably need some outside input.