Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

fool_of_sound posted:

equip whips or equip bows on my thief?

Rapidfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modoh
Jul 23, 2007

I think you mean THREE barriers. :cool:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I tried going for the second Ragnarok but the Thief Knife is just not powerful enough by itself. :negative:

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

agradine posted:

Haven't seen any name based toxxes, so I guess I'll be the first.

:toxx: In honor and memory of the sadly now defunct Let's Play 25 30 Years of Final Fantasy thread by the Good Friends, Ryan and Claire, I will donate $1 for every goon that completes a run with their main character called "Butes" (as pronounced in your finest Southern California accent), up to a total of $25 $30. :toxx:

Edit: I will also accept other Good Friends references, in case FRON is more your speed.

Edit2: Apparently I missed the first name-based :toxx:, nothing wrong with coming second!

Hempuli posted:

Oh hey, I've kind of wanted to do one of these, so here goes:

I'll donate $10 for every screenshot of either NED, Shinryu or Omega being beaten with only one team-member alive, up to $100. Preferably with the teammates falling to enemy attacks, but eh, feel free to set things up however you want. :toxx:

Kyrosiris posted:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

HARBINGERS OF THE DOUBLE APOCALYPSE:
*MagusDraco
*Procrastine
*1234567890num
*mp5

Finished my Pure Chaos run. Samurai was definitely the MVP. Dragoons are not well regarded, but I've gotta say Jump came in pretty handy.
Got a Butes for the pile, stole a Ragnarok with the Thief's knife, and killed a tree with only one party member left alive.

Hope I made it in time for the toxxes.

Son of a Vondruke! fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 27, 2019

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
So! I've been slowing down a bit on my fervor for this event after 6 years of it, and I'm concerned that I might not make my usual half-dozen or so runs. Thus, I decided the best way to make up for it is with a pledge of my own. And I was given a decent idea upon getting my Earth job in my second run.

Duplicate jobs (even the broken ones) are always kind of a bore, so let's make the most of it!

:toxx:
I hereby pledge to donate $2 on behalf of any player that complete a run with any duplicate jobs in any mode where it can happen (EXCEPT UPGRADE, I'm looking for honest luck-of-the-draw duplicates, though I'll also accept runs with dupes through the Job Fair), with a cap of $50. However, I'll add an extra $10 outside of the cap if any player completes a run with four of the same job (again, no Upgrade). I'd like to go with more, but sadly bills are kind of tight lately. But like Admiral Joeslop on his pledge, I may be willing to bump this number up if my finances improve before the last day of donations. Double up, people!

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 27, 2019

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Simply Simon posted:

https://twitter.com/SimonSimplex/status/1143965622868553728?s=19

Good Friends fan representing.

This wasn't close at all

Boring as hell run (Sam Sam Zerk Geo). I realized soon that there's nothing for me in W3, sometimes I do the Fork Tower for challenge and to pick up odds and ends, but it was dire with this team. No synergy either.

I went into the Rift without having fought Gilgamesh for the Excalipoor, and that was my first time ever, because it was now that I realized he won't be there to blow up Necrophobe.

I went into the rift with too little healing, had 5 Phoenix Downs when ready for Nec AND NED; I declined fighting the former.

NED wasn't looking good, so I did what I rarely had to do before at this late stage: grinded for levels. Enough damage to race and levels to dodge some White Holes meant I had juuuust enough Downs.

Wait, you can skip Gilgamesh? How? By just not opening the chest?

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Oh, and I should note that I'll be sure to count myself if I fall short of 50 Duplicate Runners, so that's basically a free extra dollar for charity, WHOA.

In addition, I just checked the :toxx: list and discovered I unknowingly qualified for one of them, yaaaaaaaaaay!

Ritznit posted:

Alright, time for me to bust out a :siren: DONATION PLEDGE :siren:

I will donate 5$, up to 50$ (unless I find more money in the seat cushions when I move next week) for every goon who triple-crowns without Time Mage, Chemist, Bard or Beastmaster. As far as I understand, those are the most effective options for crazy boss shenanigans. I know there are others, and I don't want this to be completely impossible, just no playing with the super broken stuff. I'm happy to donate for anyone who is willing to go through a bit of extra hassle.

Please provide screenshots of your full party with their equipped jobs and kill screens for the bosses! Extra thumbs up from me if you give a quick rundown of how you beat the bosses.

Godspeed. For a good cause! :black101:

I already posted my victory shots a few pages back, here's the link to that post:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889977&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=35#post496197641

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Some Guy TT posted:

Wait, you can skip Gilgamesh? How? By just not opening the chest?

Yes.

By skipping Excalipoor Greg never gets banished to the Void, meaning he won't be there for his final fight or Necrophobe interrupt.

If you aren't using Excalipoor, the last few bits of Genji gear, or the final save point, skipping the fight saves a bit of time.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

BisbyWorl posted:

Yes.

By skipping Excalipoor Greg never gets banished to the Void, meaning he won't be there for his final fight or Necrophobe interrupt.

If you aren't using Excalipoor, the last few bits of Genji gear, or the final save point, skipping the fight saves a bit of time.

Hell, even if you are using the last save point, it's a bit of saved time, since you can just rush down Necro's last 10k HP instead of sitting through Greg's final speech.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Quadzerk update: ground to level 43 to kill sandworm. Moonwalked though the rest of the game up to Twintania. I have my thornlets (SNES version), half my aegis, am currently L49, and am starting to question my sanity.

Fortunately I have no shortage of podcasts to grind during but I'm still trying to find a good spot to actually do that now.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Personally I went with the forest area just after the town back when I did Quadzerks a few years back. It's a quick shot over to the healing pot, and the monsters there don't have any dangerous tricks (the Moss Fungus enemies can confuse, but hey, Zerks are immune to that! :v:). The only thing you have to worry about is the occasional poison, which might knock someone out if you're just mindlessly grinding encounters and aren't paying attention to the screen.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Wow, setting the Battle Speed to 6 really makes running away much easier:downs: I always play on 1 but, man, I'll probably change for dungeons.

Anyway, Run 2 finished! (Blue Mage -> rerolled Geomancer)

Aerdan posted:

:toxx: 10¢ per run for every Bartz named Bitch, poo poo, Jeez, or other similar moniker, posted with screenshots of appropriate lines, up to $20. :toxx:

Hempuli posted:

:toxx:$10 for every screenshot of either NED, Shinryu or Omega being beaten with only one team-member alive:toxx:
Already filled but I got a better one this time:lol:

derra posted:

:toxx:LV <100 Triple Crown:toxx:
I know I didn't make the deadline, but I was lying in bed (I had gotten somewhere before Drakenvale) and it just struck me, "Hey, it should be technically possible to triple-crown this total LV <100." I'm always that person that grinds to somewhere in the 60s, picking up 4 Hermes Sandals, Reflect Rings at Barrier, etc. so it kind of felt something I should do. It was pretty painful as I wasn't prepared at all (I was late LV 23 when I realized it!) so I had like no money and limited free fights (Krile there reached 24 due to the only Asp that I failed to dodge late-Pyramid), poor ABP choices (thankfully I think everyone got the 175 ABP over bosses to get Sing but so much of that was endgame), limited items and the like, but I made it work!

Exdeath at the end of World 2 was the hardest part I think (there were others, I didn't just want to Quick Leak everything!). I knew it was possible at LV 23 (thanks Comet, Hastega, and Swift Song) but boy do you not want to eat a 2/3 chance of Zombie Breath after the 7th round. I ended up having to use almost all my collected Phoenix Downs just so I could eat turns. Oh, I also totally forgot I could use !Hide on Twintania, whoops! Thankfully Comet and Meteor are surprisingly good. But, yeah, by the end I was down to one Phoenix Down. Not something you want to find out when you're in deep in The Rift!

Get over yourself!

Quick Leak (Poison Rod isn't AE and is selectable btw).

Mirage Vest glitch but actually it took a few goes not to wipe (although I could've just used Quick Leak). Only the Ranger had the capability for the Mirage Vest but thankfully I could use Elven Mantle due to Time Mage (Apollo Harp really helped out too, did that instead of potentially Rapid Fire or !Time. Probably should've used Dark Bow though, whoops).

Osci posted:

My Randomizer :toxx:
Very nice, counted!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tergaso posted:

Grandpa Exdeath was helpless while three monarchs encouraged a vagabond to beat him up and take his cool sword.

Fenrir posted:

I am never...

...doing that again.

:laffo:

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

Got a Butes for the pile, stole a Ragnarok with the Thief's knife, and killed a tree with only one party member left alive.

Hope I made it in time for the toxxes.

Harbingers five through eight have been counted! Two more slots available!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

This run, Thief/Time Mage/Beastmaster/Geomancer, really really really loving sucked. It was so boring. No one had any synergy, I didn't have any offence or survivability, the whole thing was just dreadful. And yet, I fulfilled 2 toxxes (even if one of them was already at capacity) anyway, because it was still 2 free Triple Crowns.

derra posted:

:toxx: I pledge to donate 5 dollars (once per person, max $50) for everyone who meets all the following requirements: 

1) Triple Crowns 
2) with a total party level under 100 and 
3) with no individual party member having a level greater than 30. 

Include a screenshot of your final levels! 
This is, as mentioned, already fully fulfilled, but I did it anyway because it was just Quick leaks. Yes, I even Quick leaked NED, I had no patience to try and struggle through this hell run any longer.

Kyrosiris posted:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.
As for a toxx that is actually as of yet unfulfilled (well, fulfillyed 8/10 times rather than 10/10), I beat Shinryu, I had Thief, and I had nothing better to do in the NED fight. gently caress rare steals forever by the way.

Hopefully this time I'll get a run that I can actually enjoy...

:shepicide:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

AlphaKretin posted:

As for a toxx that is actually as of yet unfulfilled (well, fulfillyed 8/10 times rather than 10/10), I beat Shinryu, I had Thief, and I had nothing better to do in the NED fight. gently caress rare steals forever by the way.

And that makes nine.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Welp, I went through on my ill-advised plan to run Normal Upgrade, mainly because I never got elucidation from that one person who did it and hated it. I rolled Thief and so far it's...OK? I hear so much about Thief being awful, and it's certainly tougher than Black Mage for sure, but far from impossible. Of course, I'm not at Garula yet, and I'm not sure how much grinding is necessary to make that doable, I just remember that some enemy in the tower has the next tier of knives.

What really caught me off guard is that apparently you can't buy knives before the graveyard, so I was just stuck hoping that the skeletons would drop daggers. Given that I am doing upgrade, it seems like thieves are one of the better ones to roll since you get access to their main important abilities relatively quickly. It's also the only mode where earning those abilities even matters, since otherwise you have access to them all the time via your native thief.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Archenteron posted:

Quadzerk update: ground to level 43 to kill sandworm. Moonwalked though the rest of the game up to Twintania. I have my thornlets (SNES version), half my aegis, am currently L49, and am starting to question my sanity.

Fortunately I have no shortage of podcasts to grind during but I'm still trying to find a good spot to actually do that now.

Nice! I was 42 at Sandworm. Strap in for some leveling to take down NED. :black101: I went to this spot in the Pyramid and held up and fast forward on my keyboard:

(Hopefully you're running an emulator... real time quadzerk grinding is no bueno)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fenrir posted:

WITNESS MY DOUBLE :toxx: GLORY

It's STUNNING. Thank you!

Noted for the toxx! 3 down, 2 to go!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Some Guy TT posted:

Welp, I went through on my ill-advised plan to run Normal Upgrade, mainly because I never got elucidation from that one person who did it and hated it. I rolled Thief and so far it's...OK? I hear so much about Thief being awful, and it's certainly tougher than Black Mage for sure, but far from impossible. Of course, I'm not at Garula yet, and I'm not sure how much grinding is necessary to make that doable, I just remember that some enemy in the tower has the next tier of knives.

What really caught me off guard is that apparently you can't buy knives before the graveyard, so I was just stuck hoping that the skeletons would drop daggers. Given that I am doing upgrade, it seems like thieves are one of the better ones to roll since you get access to their main important abilities relatively quickly. It's also the only mode where earning those abilities even matters, since otherwise you have access to them all the time via your native thief.

For the love of god, save upgrading to Water until after Sandworm.

If you pull Berserker as your water job you will be forced to quadzerk him. It will be a very bad time.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

This run, Thief/Time Mage/Beastmaster/Geomancer, really really really loving sucked. It was so boring.

Man, Time and Beast are two of my favorites. Gravity to help Capture is a decent synergy, and you can do things like Release Yellow Dragons to speed up a Quickleak.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Drew this in the memory of my run with samurai.

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 27, 2019

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I finished my winner run and started on a pure chaos run. I've got blue mage, summoner, dragoon, and black mage. Between blue mage and summoner my run is basically exactly the same strategy wise. What do you all think I should job fair to make things more interesting?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

rodbeard posted:

I finished my winner run and started on a pure chaos run. I've got blue mage, summoner, dragoon, and black mage. Between blue mage and summoner my run is basically exactly the same strategy wise. What do you all think I should job fair to make things more interesting?

Dancer, for one. You can !Jump with the Maneater!

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

I'm trucking along in my first 4JF, playing the GBA version with Fifth Job, and I'd appreciate some advice - I think I've gotten an okay set of classes so far with Thief - Summoner - Ranger, but my first Earth job is Gladiator so uh that's a wash and my Krile job is Oracle. What sort of party setups would people recommend? I am not great at this game and basically just facerolled my way past most bosses so far but they're getting tougher and I'm not sure if I should be grinding or building my party better or both

Darwinism fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 27, 2019

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Fun Fact: Goblin Punch does full damage while Mini.

I learn something new every fiesta!

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Darwinism posted:

I'm trucking along in my first 4JF, playing the GBA version with Fifth Job, and I'd appreciate some advice - I think I've gotten an okay set of classes so far with Thief - Summoner - Ranger, but my first Earth job is Gladiator so uh that's a wash and my Krile job is Oracle. What sort of party setups would people recommend? I am not great at this game and basically just facerolled my way past most bosses so far but they're getting tougher and I'm not sure if I should be grinding or building my party better or both

Get air knives and Syldra. Put summoner on all 3 non rangers and go to town. Ranger can rapidfire the chicken knife for hilarious single target damage.
If you want to do the math, it's pretty easy to figure out a rotation or Oracle where you predict->summon->repeat or possibly predict->summon->summon->repeat

Bonus, you have the easiest way to set up your Mana for predict rotations. Use predict, then flee.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doom Goon posted:

Wow, setting the Battle Speed to 6 really makes running away much easier:downs: I always play on 1 but, man, I'll probably change for dungeons.

Someone posted last fiesta that you want to set Battle Speed to 6, because the only thing it affects is enemy turn speed. So, that's my default now.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The Cutscene Skipper's Guide to Progression
Here's a very abridged version of the game's mandatory events, so you can find where to go next if you're lost or need to remind yourself of arbitrary cutscene triggers.

Go to the Meteor in the north-east of the area for a few cutscenes.

Go to the valley in the north-west of the area. See the cutscenes, go through the Pirate Cave dungeon, and use the ship's steering wheel.

At this point, you can sail west to Tule for shops, but to progress go north-east for the Wind Shrine dungeon and your Wind job.

Sail to Tule and enter the house in the north of town for a cutscene.

Sail east for the Torna Canal, taking you through the Ship Graveyard dungeon.

Go south to Carwen if you need to rest, then north-east (of Carwen, not the Ship Graveyard) for the North Mountain dungeon. Complete the North Mountain dungeon to obtain the Wind Drake.

At this point, you can fly to Tycoon, near the Meteor, for some loot, or south of North Mountain to Walse for progress. Enter the throne room in Walse Castle for a cutscene.

Fly north to Walse Tower and complete that dungeon, obtaining your Water job.

Enter the Walse Meteor and teleport to the Karnak Meteor, then travel west to Karnak.

Attempt to buy something from the shops to be arrested.

Wait for Cid to blow open the wall, then talk to him for a cutscene, then enter the boat to the south for the Fire-Powered Ship dungeon. This leads immediately into the Karnak Castle escape sequence, after which you get your Fire job.

Travel south and complete the Library of the Ancients dungeon.

Return to Karnak and enter the back room of the Pub for a cutscene, then enter the ship and talk to Cid to obtain the ship.

Sail to the south west of the Map and enter Crescent for a cutscene.

Enter the forest on Crescent Island and catch the Black Chocobo.

Fly back to the Library of the Ancients and enter it for a cutscene.

Go to the Desert of Shifting Sands to the west and fight the Sand Worm boss, then travel through the desert and south to Gohn.

Explore Gohn for cutscene triggers until you are dropped into the ruins, then watch the cutscene and take the teleported to the Catapult.

Proceed through the Catapult and enter the Airship for a cutscene and the Cray Claw boss.

Fly to Gohn to watch a cutscene, then return to the Catapult for another cutscene. Fly to the Tycoon Meteor and fight the Adamantoise, then return to the Catapult for another cutscene.

Ascend to fight the Launcher and Flame Thrower mini-bosses, then the Soul Cannon boss. Enter and complete the Ronka Ruins dungeon, obtaining your Earth Job.

Fly to the Tycoon Meteor for a cutscene, then the Walse, Karnak and Gohn Meteors in any order for boss fights. Fly to the spot marked on your map to enter World 2.

Use a Tent (farming one from the Pao encounters if necessary) for some cutscenes. Complete the basement of Exdeath's castle, then leave and travel west to the Big Bridge.

Complete the Big Bridge sequence, then follow the linear continent around to the small forest.

Complete the underground river dungeon, then follow the Moogle's path around the desert into the forest. A specific tile in the forest will take you to the Moogle Village.

Talk to the Moogle hiding in the north-east of the village. I think you now need to enter their house and talk to them, but I'm not sure. At some point after that, the Moogle will stand outside their house, and talk to them now for a cutscene that takes you to Bal Castle.

Go to the roof of the castle and talk to Krile for a cutscene, then leave Bal and head north to Quelb.

At Quelb, enter the large house just south of the gate for a cutscene to be able to leave to the north.

Head north of Quelb and complete the Drakenvale dungeon, then return to Bal.

Talk to Krile in her room, then the Wind Drake on the roof, for some cutscenes to obtain the Wind Drake.

Fly north past Drakenvale and land on the small island. Attempt to enter the cave for a cutscene.

Fly back to the continent with Exdeath's Castle in the south-east of the map, and land on the large ship south-east of the castle for a cutscene.

Sleep in the ship to engage the Gilgamesh boss battle. After the fight, go the room across from where you slept to enter the Barrier Tower dungeon.

Complete the Barrier Tower to obtain the submarine, then sail it to where Ghido's Cave sunk for the Ghido's Cave dungeon.

Sail the submarine to the southernmost of the two remaining points of interest on the underwater map and surface for Moore. Complete the Forest of Moore dungeon to obtain the Wind Drake.

Fly back to Exdeath's Castle. Climb to the dead end and attempt to backtrack for a cutscene, then complete the dungeon to enter World 3.

Enter Tycoon Castle for some cutscenes, then walk north-west to the Pirate Cave to obtain Boko.

Walk Boko north of Tycoon and around past Tule to the Death Valley area for the Antlion boss fight.

Continue south to Ghido's Cave for a cutscene, after which you will be at the Library of the Ancients.

Proceed west into the Desert and complete the Pyramid of Moore dungeon.

Return to the forest in the east for the Melusine boss fight to obtain the Airship.

At this point, you can fly to the Tycoon void for the final dungeon at any time. Content past this is optional, however, some must be done in a certain order.

Besides a variety of smaller bonuses scattered around the map, a couple of dungeons are available at any time in World 3. By finding the secret Mirage Village in the forest at the south of the map, you can obtain the Black Chocobo. Fly to a forest in the desert in the north-east of the map. From here you can walk south-west for the Phoenix Tower dungeon and north-east for the North Mountain dungeon.

For actual progression, you want the Island Shrine dungeon in the middle of the Big Bridge, towards the south of the map. This unlocks the Fork Tower dungeon.

Fly to Crescent in the south-east of the map for the Fork Tower dungeon, which unlocks the Catapult. Land in the Catapult, then walk down the stairs for a cutscene to unlock the submarine.

The submarine provides access to three further dungeons, which are the only points of interest on the underwater map - the Great Sea Trench, Istory Falls, and the sunken Walse Tower.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 29, 2019

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Predict is really fun. I set my mp to end with a 0 for two characters then cleansed the crystals for 6k+ twice.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

I was trying to get my brave geomancer to NED tonight, but...getting someone with a Gaelicat's float to Catastrophe without fleeing is going to be an adventure.

EDIT: Thank loving Christ for quicksave encounter cheesing. Still holding off on NED until tomorrow.

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 28, 2019

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

jaclynhyde posted:

I was trying to get my brave geomancer to NED tonight, but...getting someone with a Gaelicat's float to Catastrophe without fleeing is going to be an adventure.

EDIT: Thank loving Christ for quicksave encounter cheesing. Still holding off on NED until tomorrow.

my body is ready

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Ended up drawing Knight/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Samurai which proved to be an interesting triple crown without an obvious way to berserk Shinryu or freeze Omega.

NED went down pretty easily to Fuma Shurikens and Flare/Break Blade.

I went with coral rings, ice shields, and mirage vests for Shinryu which neutered his offense. Killed him with fuma shurikens to get him down as quickly as possible.

Omega was much harder, but went with reflect rings and aegis shields to try and eek out some sustainability between wave cannons. Without a good way to guarantee hits, I went with knives and the dancing dagger. My Ninja went for thundaga boosted dances with the twin lance hitting for 0 in the offhand, which didn't draw counters. Then went all out offense once search got reflected. It took a few tries for RNG to play nice.

Also went ahead and stole that extra ragnarok and finished with brave blade at full power.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 28, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ayudo posted:

Also went ahead and stole that extra ragnarok and finished with brave blade at full power.

Dope. That makes ten, and with the souls gathered, the pact is fulfilled.

LiefKatano
Aug 31, 2018

I swear, by my sword and capote, that I will once again prove victorious!!

So, uh, this might be interesting. Apparently you can fight Golem in the Rift?

I fought him at Drakenvale like usual, I just never used the Golem item because I was lazy and I didn't have summoner so there wasn't any reason to.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

LiefKatano posted:

So, uh, this might be interesting. Apparently you can fight Golem in the Rift?

I fought him at Drakenvale like usual, I just never used the Golem item because I was lazy and I didn't have summoner so there wasn't any reason to.

I knew Ramuh was in the rift, in the castle area. didnt know about golem.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Shoat/Catoblepas shows up there too.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The golem one is wierd cause he's still around in world 3

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
My full team for my first ever run is Blue Mage, Mystic Knight, Ranger, Samurai.

Is this a team that can reasonably go for a triple crown - any glaring holes here? With no confuse or control I'll have to use dancing dagger to get mighty guard and white wind, I think.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

TheDisreputableDog posted:

My full team for my first ever run is Blue Mage, Mystic Knight, Ranger, Samurai.

Is this a team that can reasonably go for ta triple crown - any glaring holes here? With no confuse or control I'll have to use dancing dagger to get mighty guard and white wind, I think.

Mystic Knight+Ranger is a triple crown team. Thundaga Sword+Rapid Fire can take omega down without too much trouble, and ranger can blind shinryu for blind/berserk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Shoat/Catoblepas shows up there too.

Are you sure? It was my understanding he didn't.