Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Natureboy sucked

His whole cult was based on “omg Costa Rica is so good and natural and pura vida” while living in a compound in Costa Rica bought and built by wealthy Canadians and his cult broke down as costa ricans realised “oh, actually, you suck.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I thought you were talking about Ric Flair and I was disappointed that I missed the chance to join his cult before it disbanded.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

when an enormous company makes their tech support people act helpless about simple problems. I've talked to Verizon 4 times in the past month asking why I can't change my auto pay account. Every service on the internet has this functionality. Why do you keep telling me you can't do it on "your end" and to just "keep trying"? And on top of that, you lie to me and assure me you won't charge the wrong account, but what do I get two months in a row? A charge on the wrong account and a fresh overdraft fee from my old bank.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

cinni posted:

I'm a friendly person and like to chat with random people, but its disappointing when getting a new friend request from a dude (or sometimes chick) and I try to make conversation which they then will turn lewd after some feigned small talk and its obvious they just wanted to try to cyber. I just wanted to be friends, drat it.

I'll be your friend :unsmith:

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I'll be your friend :unsmith:

forever? :unsmith: this is the best day ever

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I love friends but plz don’t approach me without context, even online

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

People who post passive aggressive vague comments and refuse to elaborate when asked about them. I’m not going to say which poster does this or what happened but it’s bullshit

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

oldpainless posted:

People who post passive aggressive vague comments and refuse to elaborate when asked about them. I’m not going to say which poster does this or what happened but it’s bullshit

Whatever, forget about it.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Hi, I'd like to ask you about this. Could you elaborate?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I love friends but plz don’t approach me without context, even online

Don't worry. When I bump into you around town I will be sure to ask if you have stairs in your house.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

oldpainless posted:

u ok hun? dm me

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Certain people need to check their attitudes that’s all

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

That's usually done because the poster feels that the other parties have no interest in actually discussing the topic and already have talking points prepared to shoot down anything they say to defend their position. Better to not post in the first place, but reading the room wrong happens.

(In general. I don't know who they are talking about and they might be an actual rear end in a top hat.)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I thought it was just an example of what they were talking about, made humorously.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

oldvagueless

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I want to thank people for the pms they sent asking if things were ok but honestly it’s my business and no one else’s

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

My pet peeves is that I keep rolling my loving ankle and it loving hurts and now I have a tennis ball on the side of my foot loving poo poo.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
you know how the government mandates that workers be allowed breaks and poo poo? i work 9.5 hour days 5 days a week every week and my supervisor (1) gets pissy and considers it shirking if you specifically pause in your work to take a break at the "official" break time but also (2) gets pissy and considers it shirkinf if you are doing something else at the "official" time and then ask to take the break when that's done. He knows he can't forbid the break bc it's mandated but he loving pisses and moans and whines about people being lazy and i hate it.

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Jun 28, 2019

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

InediblePenguin posted:

you know how the government mandates that workers be allowed breaks and poo poo?

This is only a thing in a handful of states, so make sure you know your local laws. My previous job had me working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and TONS of people got fired for taking a meal break.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

This is only a thing in a handful of states, so make sure you know your local laws. My previous job had me working 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, and TONS of people got fired for taking a meal break.

yes im in new york and we do have mandated breaks.
e: our state requires lunch breaks and local law mandates one 15 minute rest break, ftr
the fact that the federal laws specifically don't require any kind of breaks etc is heinous; death to America

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 18:05 on Jun 28, 2019

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Oh. I was worried because your profile says Texas, and Texas is "at-will" as gently caress.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

yeah i gtfo of loving texas after i realized im trans lmfao. just lazy about my profile

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Texas mandates lunch breaks specifically for breastfeeding mothers :911: :downs:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Texas mandates lunch breaks specifically for breastfeeding mothers :911: :downs:

Why would anyone need to breastfeed their mother?

:dadjoke:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

No kinkshaming!!!

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

To get their breaks

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

When friends of family/family try and guilt you into getting their unemployed friend/child a job where you work. It puts you in such an awkward situation because even if you had the power to get them a job, their performance would reflect on you. And in these situations, they are never even remotely qualified ("but he's so smart!"), so you know they'd fail and possibly get you fired along with them.

If it posed no risk to me I'd vouch for any family member in good standing, no problem, whether I believe my endorsement or not. But if it puts my job at risk, sorry, you'll have to get the job like I did - by getting the qualifications and then applying.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
My brother in law got my brother a great job and as far as I know it's been working out great for the last couple of years, but I think BIL approached my brother first and there were no outside forces trying to facilitate the matter.

I'm general I agree 100% though. Usually if someone seeks a job on behalf of someone else it will always end badly.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

MN is an unpaid lunch if you work over 8 hours and 2 paid bathroom breaks. As I recall there's no official time for the unpaid, just enough to eat a lunch. Most places do a minimum 30 min though 20 is pretty common.

The State will come and kick your rear end if you don't force people to take breaks. A lot of people like to just work through lunch. I used to have to write people up if they didn't take their lunch. It's a weird world.

When I worked at Kmart many years ago, I could punch in and then just hang out in the break room. My boss didn't care at all. I could goof off half the day and they never even brought it up. God help you though if you punch in early from lunch. You'd immediately get a warning.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Inspector 34 posted:

My brother in law got my brother a great job and as far as I know it's been working out great for the last couple of years, but I think BIL approached my brother first and there were no outside forces trying to facilitate the matter.

I'm general I agree 100% though. Usually if someone seeks a job on behalf of someone else it will always end badly.

I mean, if they're qualified I'd gladly do it. But taking a gamble that they can learn on the job fast enough to not get fired? No thanks.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Netflix autoplaying a preview for practically everything you hover over. It makes browsing it kind of stressful, you can't set the remote down and look up something or the annoying video starts playing.

Auto-playing ANYTHING should be banned from the internet. If I want to watch your loving thing, i'll click the play button. Stop trying to make my decisions for me, internet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That does annoy me a whole lot. I don’t know why but I want to browse in silence for a minute.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
When fast food places have their menu on a TV screen that changes between images.

"yeah, I'll have.........can you give me 20 seconds till this picture of a soda and ice goes away?"

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
You need to log into this thing.

Oh you already have an account.

Nope, that's not your password.

Reset Password? Sorry, generic error.

You tried to log in a few times and reset your password, try again later, we've locked you out.

Don't try calling support, this feature is automatic and a human can't bypass it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ego-bot posted:

When fast food places have their menu on a TV screen that changes between images.

"yeah, I'll have.........can you give me 20 seconds till this picture of a soda and ice goes away?"

The beer list at Three Heads brewery does this. "Yeah, I'll try a 'Clever, Difficult to Remember In-Joke...' Hold on...

'...Name' NEPA?"

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Me at any restaurant, food truck, or drive-through in TX: "Hi, I'd like an iced tea."

Employee: "Sweet or unsweet?"

ICED TEA. Iced tea is loving tea with ice in it. It is UNSWEET by default. SWEET TEA is sweet.

You don't just get to co-opt another drink because the majority of TX seems to enjoy a small bucket filled with sugar water that vaguely tastes like tea.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

M.C. McMic posted:

Me at any restaurant, food truck, or drive-through in TX: "Hi, I'd like an iced tea."

Employee: "Sweet or unsweet?"

ICED TEA. Iced tea is loving tea with ice in it. It is UNSWEET by default. SWEET TEA is sweet.

You don't just get to co-opt another drink because the majority of TX seems to enjoy a small bucket filled with sugar water that vaguely tastes like tea.

I used to think people who drank unsweetened iced tea were crazy. Now I think people who drink sweetened iced tea are crazy. All you need is lemon, my homies!

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
It just drives me a little crazy because we have two very specific names for things: Iced Tea and Sweet Tea. However, now I apparently need to specify that my Iced Tea not be sweet.

This leads me to believe that many a moron has passed through these establishments before me and raised a stink over the fact that their "iced tea" didn't have a cup of sugar in it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arizona Ice Tea does not taste a single thing like sweet tea. Neither does Brisk. So I think that’s where things get a bit confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Are you from Texas? Everyone I've ever known there uses iced tea the same as they'd use tea or coffee or iced coffee- it can be plain or have added sugar according to the taste of the orderer.