Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Your NPR Name
1. Insert your first initial somewhere in your middle name
2. The name of the town your maternal ancestors lived in in the 1850s

optional
3. Hypen
4. Your high school girlfriend's dog's name

This is Ptatrick Manitowoc-Buffy, today on NPR Politics we'll be listening to Henry Kissinger's thoughts on the Islamic world for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Jernesto Chihuahua-Chompiras reporting in live from the GOP caucus meeting on "Are Concentration Camps Good?"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
*following NPR journalistic guidelines on careful verbiage*

today the trump administration announced it will provide Enhanced Interrogation of illegal alien children at the new Augmented Detainment Facilities to help deal with the Caravan Crisis

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Hi I'm nina totenberg. Heres the supreme court, but first, if you didn't know it, my dad was a virtuoso violinist.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
this is Ofeibea Quist-Arcton reporting from DAAKAAAAR

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Hi, I'm Tom Cocaine. In today's news we will never make mention of or discuss my last name, and the juxtaposition of how my calm demeanor is opposed to the illegal stimulant I share a surname with. Stay tuned to see what this local black guy has to say about the Police.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

vivisectvnv posted:

this is Ofeibea Quist-Arcton reporting from DAAKAAAAR

AKRAAAA

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Senator if I could just-
But you yourself said-
But-
Senator-
Senator he even used the term “Islamic travel ban” himself, how can you-
Fifteen seconds senator.
Thank you republican senator Cory Gardner, it was a great honor to be shouted over by you this morning.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My local affiliate is sponsored by Wolf Child Psychology and every time an ad underwriter credit comes on for them, I'm like :hellyeah: and then I remember that it is just the guy's name.

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

Chief McHeath posted:

Sorry to cu..., sorry to cut you short, I'm ah, we, uh, ah, I'm up, up against a break.
I drive home during Science Friday every week and this is every break every episode.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Farrier Theaks posted:

Hi I'm nina totenberg. Heres the supreme court, but first, if you didn't know it, my dad was a virtuoso violinist.

and don't even get me started on his 12 inch pianist.....trophy

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
(this is a Wisconsin Public Radio thing)

Laaaarrryyyy Mule---errrrr herreee, we're gonna take your phone calls about raking leafs - its that time of year again, and later Gorp Porpensten from the University Wisconsin Stevens Point is going to explain why motor oil is bad for your lawn while having a stroke.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
brought to you by the undead liches at the skull foundation! :skeltal:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
NPR, officially sponsored by the SuccDem foundation

I stopped listening to NPR when they had a 10 minute story about some lady battling her HOA to let her hang clothing outside

We were right in the middle of the Benghazi scandal, and they spent all that time on some dippy democrat who thought she was saving the world by dry hanging her clothes as she lives in her gated community and commutes 1 hour to her job at the corporate marketing capitalism machine

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Thank you for reminding me about Codrescu; that guy was the poo poo.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

The Cubelodyte posted:

Thank you for reminding me about Codrescu; that guy was the poo poo.

Yeah I miss him.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ElGroucho posted:

NPR, officially sponsored by the SuccDem foundation

okay I'm no big fan of either major American political party but I've been dying to ask this of someone who uses the term "succdem":

what proportion of the American electorate do you see as your enemy

and does that figure fill you with despair

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

okay I'm no big fan of either major American political party but I've been dying to ask this of someone who uses the term "succdem":

America is the enemy, pal

The whole shebang

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I think you have cause and effect backwards here

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ElGroucho posted:

The whole shebang

Canada, too

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
The loving constant mention of time running out on every guest interview makes me so mad. If you would shut the gently caress up the person might be able to shove some nuance of a point into the 45 seconds you gave them.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Your NPR Name

optional
3. Hypen

Good evening, this is Michjael Dublin-Maddy, and welcome to "Life, Always On." Tonight, we have three guests. First: Ailee Cratherton, author of "Crystalis Motorifica," New York Times best seller about a mother in search of her son who vanished one night driving a prototype vehicle powered by crystals

Then, we'll have Dandridge Adams, professor emeritus for Princeton's philosophy department and founder of synthwave/punk group "Deus Voltaire."

And finally, my grandpa, Alfan Dublin III, Esquire, will be here to talk about keeping your tomato plants alive and bug free this summer

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
limousine npr liberals and nihilist internet marxists can both jump in a lake

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I stopped listening to This American Life when they started to have "good" republicans on, like Flake.

edit: I didnt listen to the latest Wait Wait, since there was an Obama alumni on. I wonder what that was like

"So, tell me. What was it like when a good man build those camps on the border. :allears:"
"It was great."
*audience cheers*

AstroWhale fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 29, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wait wait and prairie home companion are the soundtrack in hell.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

veni veni veni posted:

Wait wait and prairie home companion are the soundtrack in hell.

I like Wait Wait in small doses, though I could do without Paula Poundstone. And I like some parts of Praire Home Companion. Guy Noir and the Ketchup commercials anyway, and the intro. But the musical bits yeah that could get pretty grating pretty fast.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Yeah don’t listen to NPR on the weekends it’s all bad.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ElGroucho posted:

The whole shebang

you didn't answer the second question

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Can we agree Car Talk owns?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

also if you're not an American how many of your own countrymen are your enemy too

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

The only things I'm afraid of is clowns and rollercoasters

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Car Talk is the best, too bad it’s dead.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

ultimateforce posted:

Can we agree Car Talk owns?

well yeah

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

(this is a Wisconsin Public Radio thing)

Laaaarrryyyy Mule---errrrr herreee, we're gonna take your phone calls about raking leafs - its that time of year again, and later Gorp Porpensten from the University Wisconsin Stevens Point is going to explain why motor oil is bad for your lawn while having a stroke.

we used to deliver to Michael Feldman, I made him laugh on the phone! that was a big one for me

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

AstroWhale posted:

I stopped listening to This American Life when they started to have "good" republicans on, like Flake.

edit: I didnt listen to the latest Wait Wait, since there was an Obama alumni on. I wonder what that was like

"So, tell me. What was it like when a good man build those camps on the border. :allears:"
"It was great."
*audience cheers*

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Your NPR Name

optional
3. Hypen

Byrons Mornington-Toby

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I looked up pictures of these people and every last one of them has that "I just think Bernie goes too far" look. Like the Innsmouth Look, but much, much worse.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm Elaiena Madrigal-Jœhåneussįn, here with some Boomer Bullshit. My guest tonight is, like, Mitt Romney but somehow whiter. Guest, we've heard a lot recently about the concept of the "Free Ride" in the educational market, proposed by Bernie--

*guest harumphs derisively *

--Bernie Sanders. What do you see as the biggest barrier to education for these students.

Guest: Well, definitely, that American need to strive for better. Kids nowadays just... well they just want things handed to them. The best schools. The best scholarships. But do they work for them? That's the thing, as a College Freshman I took a job for a week at the local Gas N Pump. I earned just over $159 dollars and that covered my tuition, books, dorm, social expenses and cafeteria bill through graduate school. And the kids now just don't, anymore.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm so glad NPR is talking to Tucker Chudderson; he's one of the good republicans, he only wants to kill illegals, and not gays also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I want to be an npr host so I can just play this instead of music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeHAtPsNhvg

I'm Rayne Dongles, and this is NPR