Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
EA? More like dEAd

*mic drop*

*drops $4000 on a space ship*

CI is my chariot now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
362 pages to go

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

If you're worried this shitshow might die any time soon- don't. The wave 1 tickets sold out before they were even supposed to be on sale. ShapCap is extremely salty about it. I would be too if I had a full gimp-suit Star Citizen cosplay that I only got to wear once a year.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/1144299688218300416

Maltloaf
Jul 3, 2018

G0RF posted:

The most wild breach is Star Citizen history...
https://twitter.com/Rexzilla/status/1143930201564504064

:iceburn: 1:05 - Rex: "who's developing this poo poo?" :iceburn:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

If you're worried this shitshow might die any time soon- don't. The wave 1 tickets sold out before they were even supposed to be on sale. ShapCap is extremely salty about it. I would be too if I had a full gimp-suit Star Citizen cosplay that I only got to wear once a year.

Why would anyone attend a convention for a game that doesn't exist yet?????????????

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
looks like CIG v CryTek has a settlement meeting on the 16th of July

it doesn't mean they have to settle, but merely one last final shot before things get into discovery and a real trial begins

the settlement proceedings are confidential, but a trial will be out in the open (otherwise I'd attend on the 16th, but its closed session by Magistrate invite only I believe)

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Peter.Quint posted:

He even spills his Red Bull over his keyboard at the end of this hilariously janky bit of FPS play.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/444667667?t=56m40s

Wtf?

Am I misunderstanding this, the mans did too much running so his heart rate went too high and so he died?

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Sarsapariller posted:

I was going to do one for 3.6 but honestly I don't think they're even changing anything I can get my hands on. Just a bunch of luxury horseshit that nobody in their right mind can give a gently caress about. I was kind of excited about the ship rentals, it would be the first time outside of free-fly that I got to jump into some different ships. But they sure scrapped that!

You'll have more time for that novel then, sounds good.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sarsapariller posted:

How many tickets were in "Wave 1?"

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

I said come in! posted:

Why would anyone attend a convention for a game that doesn't exist yet?????????????

Where else would I propose to my girlfriend?!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

How many tickets were in "Wave 1?"

they only have around 500 seats to sell, unlike last years 2,000+ that barely sold half

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
they obviously went way way way in the red with last years citcon so a smaller venue in europe (where most of their big whales are) makes sense

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Wave 1
Wave 2
Wave 363 <-- that's me

--Chris Roberts

<crobbers_wavy_hands_playing_with_pretend_spaceships.gif>

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

they obviously went way way way in the red with last years citcon so a smaller venue in europe (where most of their big whales are) makes sense

I wonder if they even sold enough Krakens to cover the cost of that giant ship model

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

reverend crabhands posted:

Wtf?

Am I misunderstanding this, the mans did too much running so his heart rate went too high and so he died?

Yes this is one of Star Citizen's anti-fun features that I don't talk about much anymore. You have a heart rate. If you run, it'll go up. High heart rate is bad- it makes you consume oxygen real fast, and if it goes too high you will literally begin to take damage and die. It doesn't take much, either. Running in full armor and doing a couple of jumps will kill you within seconds.

This is obviously extremely fidelitous to the way that all real-world humans are minutes away from a full cardiac episode, and it's not at all a giant annoying rear end-pain to have to walk at half-speed everywhere or else strip all your clothes off. They definitely did not implement this because people running too fast made their game look real lovely.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

TheAgent posted:

they only have around 500 seats to sell, unlike last years 2,000+ that barely sold half

loving :lol: reduce the numbers so you appear to "sell out" faster. No manipulative angle is too blatant for CIG to take.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Why are their offices always so dark? Do they think working in a Blade Runner setting would be pleasant?

Maybe I don't know anything about office development.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

We have two seats for 2020 "Citizen Con" which we're holding in the back of a rusty VW beetle! WAVE 1 is the left hand seat! Get in now on WAVE 1!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Did anyone else hear about the "unhackable" computer that some guy is running a Kickstarter for? I so want to know if any of the citizens would throw money at it.
They would totally fall within the target audience.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/microsafex/worlds-first-patented-unhackable-computer-ever

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bofast posted:

Did anyone else hear about the "unhackable" computer that some guy is running a Kickstarter for? I so want to know if any of the citizens would throw money at it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/microsafex/worlds-first-patented-unhackable-computer-ever

It's has $415 in pledges. And is an immediate entrant into our kickstarters of note list.

Of all the things to claim.

quote:

Where did the idea come from?

In a dream.

I was repeatedly a victim of hackers. If you were hacked as well, you can relate to the nightmare that one undergoes, the helplessness, the loss of time, money, efficiency, and confidence.

Realizing how wide spread the problem is drove me to find a solution. I talked to tech support people at several cyber security companies. The response was very discouraging. “It’s not possible to stop hacking.”, was the recurring comment.

In my research, I found out that all the PC manufacturers follow the IBM Personal computer design that IBM came out with in the 1980s.

For months, I was obsessed with the problem. One thing became clear that “Software Alone solution” would not end the hacking problem. A Hardware-and-Software solution was needed. Most computer engineers specialize in either Hardware or Software.

Luckily, I have an in depth knowledge of Software and Hardware. Then suddenly, the solution came to me in my dream. I woke up and wrote it down. I went through hundreds of “what if” scenarios.

So, I came up with a new hardware design of Personal Computer where the computer processing is done in one hardware compartment and the Internet processing in another, both completely separate from each other. Nothing in the Internet processing area is allowed to go to computer processing area. If a virus gets into the Internet processing area it cannot affect the computer processing area in any way whatsoever. The computer is always working. In worst case, the user turns off the computer and the virus is gone. It is the two hardware compartments that make the computer Unhackable.

Don't give this guy money.

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 27, 2019

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

Yes this is one of Star Citizen's anti-fun features that I don't talk about much anymore. You have a heart rate. If you run, it'll go up. High heart rate is bad- it makes you consume oxygen real fast, and if it goes too high you will literally begin to take damage and die. It doesn't take much, either. Running in full armor and doing a couple of jumps will kill you within seconds.

This is obviously extremely fidelitous to the way that all real-world humans are minutes away from a full cardiac episode, and it's not at all a giant annoying rear end-pain to have to walk at half-speed everywhere or else strip all your clothes off. They definitely did not implement this because people running too fast made their game look real lovely.

Fuuuuck, that's amazing :aaa:

ON my gravestone "ran too fast and so he died"

How did he die Dr? My diagnosis is too fast running

and so forth etc..

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 27, 2019

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

there is no loving way this is real

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's really great how job poo poo can rip away my waste time, and keep me from this thread for 8 months, and when I check back in, literally nothing has happened except a Forbes article.

Thank you for this source of consistancy in my life, Chris Roberts. Feels like home.

I love all two dozen of you fudsters.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Asmodai_00 posted:

It's very real. It's not entirely dissimilar to Arma in terms that constant running makes you tired, but that's a fairly realistic milsim in terms that you spend four hours walking around for 30 seconds of confusion and a few minutes of having people patching you up after you completely fail to clock which direction the bad guys are in.

I believe the speed of travel is on the mousewheel too, which I've only ever seen in some really dodgy RPGs, like Westboro.

The unhackable computer full patent.
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...&RS=PN/10061923

XK posted:

It's really great how job poo poo can rip away my waste time, and keep me from this thread for 8 months, and when I check back in, literally nothing has happened except a Forbes article.

WB Buddy.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I created an unhackable computer by taking out the power supply.

make checks payable to BNBL international.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bofast posted:

quote:

Where did the idea come from?

In a dream.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Literally nothing has happened. lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It gets better as I keep reading.

quote:

I was repeatedly a victim of hackers. If you were hacked as well, you can relate to the nightmare that one undergoes, the helplessness, the loss of time, money, efficiency, and confidence.

Realizing how wide spread the problem is drove me to find a solution. I talked to tech support people at several cyber security companies. The response was very discouraging. “It’s not possible to stop hacking.”, was the recurring comment.

Dude is bad at using the internet, turns to advice from companies that entire business model is selling you safe guards/protections for hacking and is told the most obvious line ever "cant stop it, but buy from us and you'll mitigate the damage!" This is the sort of idiot that buys a bridge, or Star Citizen jpgs.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

XK posted:

Literally nothing has happened. lmao

Lots has happened in a way.

Like recently Amazon made an annoucement saying how their Lumberyard engine is a big poo poo and only an complete moron (not naming any names) would choose to use it SPECIFICALLY FOR its multiplayer features.

ie https://techraptor.net/content/amazon-game-studios-struggling-due-to-lumberyard-engine

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 27, 2019

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Asmodai_00 posted:

What does your heart (rate) tell you?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

quote:

There actually IS evidence because the patent really DOES exist. And if it's patented it must be true, so please get your facts straight.

The creator should create a wiki page for this unhackable computer, that way there's a second trustworthy source of information ...

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sarsapariller posted:

Lol, nice parody post. But it's just a little too unbelievable, even for Star Citizen.

wait, WHAT

XK
Jul 9, 2001

reverend crabhands posted:

Lots has happened in a way.

Like recently Amazon made an annoucement saying how their Lumberyard engine is a big poo poo and only an complete moron would choose to use if for a multiplayer game.

ie https://techraptor.net/content/amazon-game-studios-struggling-due-to-lumberyard-engine

They put in a train.

You can ride it and see out the window.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Peter.Quint posted:

One time I saw him and some ZDF guys fly to ArcCorp, land on a roof and watch the sunrise. They played some Bladerunner type music and Rex's avatar walked up and down (the ZDF guys sat down like a class of children on a schooltrip) shilling hard about how amazing it was.

Riveting stuff!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Asmodai_00 posted:

In the future you will die if you do squats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5WOgjn-Bc

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

In the future you will die if you do squats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs5WOgjn-Bc

This is actually probably very close to true for the majority of Citizens.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Some Citizens find the ship spawn console a little TOO exciting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27RKFnjByac

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

This is what I mean when I talk about it being fractally broken.

The heart rate thing is bullshit garbage and would be a terrible problem for a good game. In Star Citizen it's just so par for the course that nobody even remembers to comment on it.

Then on top of that, it's bugged into being completely lethal just for the player doing very normal video game stuff like crouching a lot, or jumping in place. Those things might provide a moment of fun rather than deadly serious fidelity-observance, and this angers Chris. He wants you to walk everywhere at a slow pace and the bug enforces that so why prioritize it? So the bugs remain and you must slow-walk at all times in the game lest your legs break or your heart explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

so you could commit suicide if you teabag some noob you just 360 noscoped?