Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1143912072775983104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
the famous talking point that everyone agrees isn't super-fascist: overpopulation.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

the left case against free college :hmmyes:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the revolution does not pass go, the revolution does not collect 200 dollars

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/avocadamn/status/1143858836899553280?s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol post-soviet prague is just british frat boys having stag parties

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Impermanent posted:

the famous talking point that everyone agrees isn't super-fascist: overpopulation.

i feel like everyone can agree that birth control, plan B, abortion, hysterectomy, vasectomy, et al should be free and ubiquitous and literally nobody worth listening to thinks anything beyond that is good, so i dunno why people use terms like "population control" and poo poo instead of just fukken procreative education or resources or w/e

like any type of "population control" other than what i listed and education is fash pure stop. licensing, sterilization, any type of penalties for having children in your household and beyond it's just a spiral of inhuman monstrosity

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

instead of getting trolled by a yang ganger someone tell me where I can find Carl Schmitt talking about cults because I’m bored at work and that sounds fascinating

I think schmitt’s conception of the political actually has a lot to offer communists living under Liberalism, because it gives the reader an easy framework to understand the material importance of politics as a struggle to defeat your enemy, rather than as a polite and functional procedure to lean on when the going gets tough

I also really like it when communists appropriate Schmitt’s ideas for leftist purposes because it’s perfectly consistent and it would have chapped his maybe-Nazi definitely-guilty rear end something fierce

Serf
May 5, 2011

my favorite response to this is "well they were bad houses"

definitely unlike america where the houses are bad AND you can't afford them

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Impermanent posted:

Oh, so Mao is a fascist?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Plutonis posted:

Oh, so Mao is a fascist?

obviously?

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

how come houses cost money thats dumb as hell

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Plutonis posted:

Oh, so Mao is a fascist?

boom

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

platzapS posted:

how come houses cost money thats dumb as hell

*capitalist monkey's paw curls, the only houses available are in company towns and cost company scrip*

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

CYBEReris posted:

*capitalist monkey's paw curls, the only houses available are in company towns and cost company scrip*

woah, available houses

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smarxist posted:

i feel like everyone can agree that birth control, plan B, abortion, hysterectomy, vasectomy, et al should be free and ubiquitous and literally nobody worth listening to thinks anything beyond that is good, so i dunno why people use terms like "population control" and poo poo instead of just fukken procreative education or resources or w/e

like any type of "population control" other than what i listed and education is fash pure stop. licensing, sterilization, any type of penalties for having children in your household and beyond it's just a spiral of inhuman monstrosity

Yeah it sucks. The eco fascists are pretty good about using leftist language and marrying it to sterilization policies and other insane poo poo in the name of protecting the earth mother or whatever. But for some reason they aren't nearly as active about stopping big companies makes you think

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

environmentalism is a perfect moral cudgel for liberals to use against the poor

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1144278508442722305

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

time to add him to the leftist pantheon banner along with peter daou

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
he has to renounce the buttcoin grift first

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

yeah i don't recommend actually doing that but i generally do think staying in touch with "normal" people, dating or otherwise, keeps you grounded and healthy. you don't want to be building incestuous politics circles.

it brings to mind the IWW's dedicated how-to page on combating wreckers and weirdos

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Victory Position posted:

it brings to mind the IWW's dedicated how-to page on combating wreckers and weirdos

Link? This is an ongoing problem in a number of local orgs I"m involved in.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

wreckers or weirdos being obsessed with wreckers?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

wreckers or weirdos being obsessed with wreckers?

Step 1: Is the "wrecker" just some disabled person who wants accessibility at events and functions?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Prav posted:

woah, available houses

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smarxist posted:

Step 1: Is the "wrecker" just some disabled person who wants accessibility at events and functions?

:thunk:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i want to be secret police

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
I'm a wrecker :dukedog:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

the way i've seen the term 'wrecker' thrown around, it's usually applied to people rightly critical of the org for some failing in accommodation, messaging or goals

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

smarxist posted:

what if they were a disabled CIA agent sent specifically to wreck events via demanding accessibility

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

smarxist posted:

the way i've seen the term 'wrecker' thrown around, it's usually applied to people rightly critical of the org for some failing in accommodation, messaging or goals

As funny as I find the term wrecker I'm gonna come out and say you might actually be doing more harm than good if you're against the organization's goals themselves

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the thing about calling people wreckers or roaders or whatever is even when it is an accurate assessment using that language just immediately discredits you in most eyes because they assume anyone saying that is a Maoist dork

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Frog Act posted:

the thing about calling people wreckers or roaders or whatever is even when it is an accurate assessment using that language just immediately discredits you in most eyes because they assume anyone saying that is a Maoist dork

Roaders are easy to identify because they look like this

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Jewel Repetition posted:

lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

THS posted:

i want to be secret police

the Woke Cheka

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the stasi had a great vibe for a secret panopticon tbh

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jewel Repetition posted:

a good joke...from this poster????

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Victory Position posted:

I'm Gonna Wreck It

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
calling someone a wrecker makes you sound like someone from a bad teenage romcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
#rekt