Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mordaedil posted:

Glad people figured out how the entire tournament arc feels.

Tournament actually felt fine, where the cliffhangers were pretty appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

It's almost as if they said, okay, we need 260 minutes of stuff. Then just chopped it into 20 minute segments and put credits at the end of each.

It does just come across as if the project was just dumped on them and they had to scramble to put it together.

Hellsau posted:

Tournament actually felt fine, where the cliffhangers were pretty appropriate.

I sat through it as it was being released, it wasn't fine. Both manga and anime suffer from a similar problem with regard to pacing (albeit the effect is a tad different).

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
the manga was just slow

If you re-read it now it's a really good arc. The long haired pretty boy owns

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I reread it and I still don't like as much as the original but I think in the long run more OPM is better than no OPM. When this manga is done it'll be nice to have all this bonus content.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
And it'll be so nice when it gets animated, right.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

it gets animated

Making some real assumptions after this season

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

OPM is too big to fail at this point unless ONE starts loving up horribly out of nowhere.

Unless this is a jab at future anime cours being flipbook animation which would be very fititng.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ChaseSP posted:

OPM is too big to fail at this point unless ONE starts loving up horribly out of nowhere.

Unless this is a jab at future anime cours being flipbook animation which would be very fititng.

Or Murata has a heart attack from overwork.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

AtomikKrab posted:

Or Murata has a heart attack from overwork.being too horny

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

You'll never work a day in your life if you do what makes you horny.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChaseSP posted:

It's this

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ChaseSP posted:

AC-bu is in charge of S3.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Immediate 100% success.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

this would rule especially if it was in the webcomic style

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

:yeshaha:

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

Well if anything. It got the best hero Mumen Rider. Prolly worth it for that alone.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Well, Death Gatling's Death Shower was animated awfully. Everything about it was bad, but especially his face actually animating into a skull. That was an odd animation decision.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I'm kinda over the bad animation and just enjoying the show as is. I thought the latest episode was rad as gently caress. Although I never read the manga so maybe that makes my opinion invalid.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm not watching the anime but if they're up to the part where a bunch of A and B heroes team up to fight Garou it SHOULD be aweasome because that segment of the comic is loving amazing and just gets more amazing

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt
While it's still not mind blowing stuff they definitely funneled their efforts into these last few bits. The sound design helps to make up for some of the weaker animation. On the flipside the music mix is insanely low and that hurts it a bit.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
makes u wonder...who is the hero...and who are the villains........

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gologle posted:

makes u wonder...who is the hero...and who are the villains........

The hero is the guy one punching people.

The villains are the people being punched.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This new show about Garou is okay. Not sure why it is called One Punch Man, though.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Because it is about one punching man against many other punching men.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Is there any chance another studio will come back later and re-animate this season? The animation is bare-bones, student-level, bargain basement bullshit. Would a studio really let this stand?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

KittenofDoom posted:

Is there any chance another studio will come back later and re-animate this season? The animation is bare-bones, student-level, bargain basement bullshit. Would a studio really let this stand?

No and yes, respectively

This poo poo happens all the time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

KittenofDoom posted:

I've got bad news for you but this season has been very successful.

also "student-level" is an absurd exaggeration, this isn't even the worst looking show in its time slot much less airing right now

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 1, 2019

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
What are some more lazy-looking shows due to being understaffed on impossible timelines?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Andrigaar posted:

What are some more lazy-looking shows due to being understaffed on impossible timelines?

There's a lot, such as "I love twintails" and the like, but the examples drawn out usually get fixed in blu-ray releases.

This is still the biggest one I've seen.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

the beginning of DB super

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I've got bad news for you but this season has been very successful.

also "student-level" is an absurd exaggeration, this isn't even the worst looking show in its time slot much less airing right now

Yeah, I'd say compared to most anime, this season of OPM ain't that bad. But the first season of OPM was was just so loving good. My friends surprisingly didn't really seem to notice the animation quality dip.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
They dont need someone to re-animate season 2, they just need to make sure season 3 is tip top

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Note that OPM season 1 was also a passion project on an average budget with super talented people killing themselves to animate it, so it is almost an unfair comparison.

Not that I reckon this staff isn't also getting killed in their scheduling, but it's a tad different.

There's no winning scenario here, it's just a shame the scheduling wasn't better for a show like OPM.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah OPM season 1 was the result of the stars aligning and a ton of top animators having openings in their schedules at once

it's never going to happen again

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Its called money and if you spend more, things will get done

Even in the mystical lands of ”japan”

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There's been other shows that have existed which have looked as good or better than OPM season 1.

It's not like season 1 was this miracle show or anything, though it was very very good.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Collapsing Farts posted:

Its called money and if you spend more, things will get done

Even in the mystical lands of ”japan”

It's more about who you know and what your contacts are, the budget between season 1 and 2 aren't hugely different.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
No OPM S1 happened because of passion and contacts but there's none of that in S2, so it needs more money to get the same quality. Which apparently they aren't willing to ivnest

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Surely if you throw enough money at a problem it will resolve itself, so why does it still look like absolute garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
They have a poo poo budget like most anime and obviously they made the right call because the anime is doing well despite critiques

Why throw money at something to improve it when you know it's going to sell?