Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Asema posted:

I'm starting to pick up that their trips to fantasy costco are ultimately pointless because I think the only person to use the items they got was Merle and then it wasn't mentioned ever again.

I just wanna see the spa tent.

They do occasionally remember that they have magic items, but yeah, more often they kind of don't.

There is at least one Fantasy Costco visit that has actual plot significance though, and another one that is a contender for the funniest moment in all of TAZ (Any Letter), so stick with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The Spa is used a few times. Plus one item you probably haven't heard about yet is very important.

But yeah, most times they forget about the items they have or only use them once. This is mostly the result of them being very loose with the rules of DnD.

Edit: oh also something else is happening during every Costco trip that you probably don't even think much about but it becomes VERY important to the finale.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Travis is out there living his best life

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1144251045159284736?s=21

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Travis is inching closer and closer to the extravagance of Elton John with every passing day. I cannot begin to imagine what shape he will take after 5 more years.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Every time I think I hit my limit with Travis, he ropes me back in!

Deadpan Meats
Dec 3, 2013
Peak Travis just got a little bit .... taller.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Trapick posted:

The part where they infiltrate the gang headquarters is among my favourite 2-3 episodes; the bank and race are much weaker.

The bank gave us one of the best bits ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkeB0rAq7c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLUl3WV8AjA

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

I honestly don’t even understand what Travis’ aesthetic is. I think it’s just...everything

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's "look at me"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
For anyone like me who was waiting on the edge of their seat, Ep. 30 just dropped.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's "look at me"

Its this but also I want to look at him?

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Entropic posted:

The bank gave us one of the best bits ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLUl3WV8AjA

This animatic/segment is the reason I started listening to The Adventure Zone and through it, MBMBaM. So loving good.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Colonel Whitey posted:

I honestly don’t even understand what Travis’ aesthetic is. I think it’s just...everything

50% Glam Rock Star
50% Cowboy
50% Bowler

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

PMush Perfect posted:

For anyone like me who was waiting on the edge of their seat, Ep. 30 just dropped.

So I guess the Quell is winding up as the big bad? Very eager to hear how the unnamed light world from the end of the last arc will factor in by the end, I feel like it has to be connected to Slyvane (the entity not the planet) in some way but who knows at this point. Feels like every character just forgot about it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’m digging Clint’s new character voice. There’s a certain relaxed syrupy tinge to it that makes it a delight

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the roommates bit is loving comedy gold

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My guess is that the light world is a vengeful Sylvane. It ties everything together nicely.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I listened to one or two live mbmbams a looooong time ago and the audience and live question-askers were kinda bad and cringey so I've been skipping them ever since, but it sounds like that may have turned around since then? Are there any from the past year or so that are particularly good?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

No spoilers (for now) and I liked the episode but I assume that given the general pace of things that this final arc of Amnesty will be done in fall of 2063.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

flesh dance posted:

I listened to one or two live mbmbams a looooong time ago and the audience and live question-askers were kinda bad and cringey so I've been skipping them ever since, but it sounds like that may have turned around since then? Are there any from the past year or so that are particularly good?

Like a year or so ago they started pre-screening audience questions and they're much better now. I forget the episode but there was a question about parrots that was particularly good.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

flesh dance posted:

I'm bad at matching questions to episodes so I can't recommend you any specific ones, but they changed up the format about a year ago. Now they have people email previews of their questions ahead of time and choose which ones to call up to the mic based on what sounds like it will be the most fun. This has greatly improved the quality of live shows.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Nice! I've been caught up/relistening to some old eps for a while, so I'm hungry for some new material.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

docbeard posted:

No spoilers (for now) and I liked the episode but I assume that given the general pace of things that this final arc of Amnesty will be done in fall of 2063.
You can feel them dragging out the goofy slice of life stuff because they know that once poo poo hits the fan, it will never unhit, and they're going to miss these characters.

Also, Duck saying that they're missing someone who would have been great for a sneaking mission hit me right in the heart.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

They also had the transitionary period of the dueling question style. It wasn't great but it was better than "let me name drop my podcast" or "here's a wacky observation. Am i good?" blind questions.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sankis posted:

They also had the transitionary period of the dueling question style. It wasn't great but it was better than "let me name drop my podcast" or "here's a wacky observation. Am i good?" blind questions.
it did give us "now, listen max.." "IT'S JOE!!!!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think raccoons are ghosts of Confederate soldiers and I'm not even going to ask any sort of question.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Hey guys, so, my girlfriend left me,

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
At least the guy who used a live show to advertise his own podcast got booed into oblivion.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I think raccoons are ghosts of Confederate soldiers and I'm not even going to ask any sort of question.
that second boston show exists on the mbmbam site as a warning

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I goT sEvEN pArrOTS.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
The raw fettuccine moment wouldn’t have been anywhere near as magical if it wasn’t during a live show.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

dirksteadfast posted:

The raw fettuccine moment wouldn’t have been anywhere near as magical if it wasn’t during a live show.

gently caress, that STILL slays me. Hahahahah.

Also listened to episode 400 again and i forgot how hard I laughed at that entire fiasco.

It really inspired me to not let anxiety cannot control my life, because those boys drat near died from it and they still lived through al roker roasting them alive immediately after the moment they thought they were free.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

For posterity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT98wwQ-5G4

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I've never been to Olive Garden, do they just have baskets of raw pasta sitting around

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Toebone posted:

I've never been to Olive Garden, do they just have baskets of raw pasta sitting around

I think they were small bottles used as table centerpieces.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Like he said, they were in the lobby/waiting area. Usually in vases that sat in the window sills or other nooks in the architecture as part of a general "rustic Italian" vibe.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hey Griffin brought back jingles in episode 295 :buddy:

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Toebone posted:

Like a year or so ago they started pre-screening audience questions and they're much better now. I forget the episode but there was a question about parrots that was particularly good.

I was at this one! It was in Chicago, November before last

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

The last live MBMBaM featured Justin dunking on Travis for suggesting that he tell his daughter that the butterflies in the bathroom were fake, as that was too ridiculous. I just looked up in my dentist’s waiting room and lo and behold there is a shadowbox with fake butterflies in it on the wall. Once again Travis was dunked on unfairly.

E: and then there’s this

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/1144667820527181824?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

He has such chicken legs