Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Into the Breach seems good but I feel bad playing another tactual game when I still haven’t finished Mario/Rabbids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SeANMcBAY posted:

Into the Breach seems good but I feel bad playing another tactual game when I still haven’t finished Mario/Rabbids.

I have the gold version and just keep playing Gungeon.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have Gungeon, but I just keep playing Isaac

Its a blessing and a curse

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Isaac is the only roguelike that really grabbed me but man it gets unfun after you put a few 100 hours into it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SeANMcBAY posted:

Isaac is the only roguelike that really grabbed me but man it gets unfun after you put a few 100 hours into it.

...is this a serious post?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Inzombiac posted:

:thejoke:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

drat, I always thought it was further away than that for the hype cycle

Nah the Switch announcement was generally met with :shrug: because no one really thought it'd actually work in both modes ok.
Also no one had a clue what to think of Zelda as that had been kept under heavy lock.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Whenever we talk about Into The Breach I end up going back to it for several addicting hours. It's an excellent game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Inzombiac posted:

Half serious. The game gets silly hard and tedious long before that with a lot of runs depending on luck.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Don't feel bad because Into the Beach is a far superior game.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Hot take: being mad that SMM2 doesn't have midair shell jumps is like being mad that Smash Ultimate doesn't have wavedashing.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

Don't feel bad because Into the Beach is a far superior game.

ITB is great but you can be done with it in 15 hours. Your runs will be the same almost every time once you pick a trio of mechs. It really needed better random drops and daily runs.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Yeah I beat the main game of Mario & Rabbids. I'm nearly done with the challenge levels for the donkey kong dlc and it's just a slog at this point. I want to finish it but :effort:

play breach instead

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Yeah I beat the main game of Mario & Rabbids. I'm nearly done with the challenge levels for the donkey kong dlc and it's just a slog at this point. I want to finish it but :effort:

play breach instead

I burned out on M&R Midway through the haunted world. World 3 I think? Everything about that game is a slog. Constantly respecting, trial and erroring your way through battles to get all the skill orbs from it, and navigating the stupid overworld doing dumb puzzles to get more skill orbs.

It's a shame cause the combat design was fun. Cool skills and awesome movement. Just too much other tedium for me. :(

ITB is still fun after playing it 2x as long as M&R.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the mario maker 2 preorder stylus has some decent weight to it

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Inzombiac posted:

I have the gold version and just keep playing Gungeon.

I have Gungeon but i keep playing necrodancer

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Is there any word on how big the MM2 download is going to be?

I should probably go get another card anyway but I can't stop sitting and staring blankly at the clock until it comes out.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's like 2.8 GB, the preload has been up for like a month.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Hell yeah, awesome. I don't have to move

Back to the clock

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

bowmore posted:

Well ladeefuckin' dah you health care having stylus owner... I ordered some cheap ones of Amazon. :(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bowmore posted:

I’m pissed us Americans didn’t get these.:argh:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Does gamestop sell single joycons? I wanna do the lovely swap trick, how the hell do the left ones keep getting busted while even my launch right one is still perfectly fine??

meh

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

KingSlime posted:

Does gamestop sell single joycons? I wanna do the lovely swap trick, how the hell do the left ones keep getting busted while even my launch right one is still perfectly fine??

meh

Yes they do, new and used, take your switch so you can test them on the fly.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

d3lness posted:

Well ladeefuckin' dah you health care having stylus owner... I ordered some cheap ones of Amazon. :(
lmao i’m sure they’ll be fine

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

bowmore posted:

lmao i’m sure they’ll be fine

They are, I'm just salty. They aside, I have a caffeinated drink on standby in the fridge for the of chance we get a midnight (EST) launch.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

GIMME THE FOOKIN MARIO

NINTENDO

gotta get those mushrooms and poo poo. gotta have em.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

d3lness posted:

They are, I'm just salty. They aside, I have a caffeinated drink on standby in the fridge for the of chance we get a midnight (EST) launch.

thought they did rolling launches, midnight across the globe which is why the fucks in australia have been makin' marios already?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Relevant Tangent posted:

thought they did rolling launches, midnight across the globe which is why the fucks in australia have been makin' marios already?

If that's the case then you ought to be able to unlock it with VPN trickery

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jimbozig posted:

Hot take: being mad that SMM2 doesn't have midair shell jumps is like being mad that Smash Ultimate doesn't have wavedashing.

Considering that mid-air shell jumping has existed since Super Mario Brothers one, your take is indeed confirmed hot.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 28, 2019

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Can you enjoy the game if you just wanna play the Marios rather than make them?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

I mean there will be endless Marios to play

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Calaveron posted:

This is primarily how I enjoyed 1 and plan to play 2. Drink from the firehouse, skip the obvious crap, and play hours of unique, inventive, and hilarious Mario.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just wished they used different music other than the garbage new super mario bros garbage

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Calaveron posted:

I just wished they used different music other than the garbage new super mario bros garbage

Skins that are not new super mario bros use other music.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Calaveron posted:

I mentioned how much I hate the New Super Mario Bros 3D theme in the SMM2 thread, and apparently that wasn't a shared opinion.

The original game it comes from looks stupid fun, and I'd love it to be ported to Switch, but that song just rubs me the wrong way. Bleh.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I mentioned how much I hate the New Super Mario Bros 3D theme in the SMM2 thread, and apparently that wasn't a shared opinion.

The original game it comes from looks stupid fun, and I'd love it to be ported to Switch, but that song just rubs me the wrong way. Bleh.

It's the correct opinion; don't let a couple internet creeps make you doubt yourself.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fallom posted:

It's the correct opinion; don't let a couple internet creeps make you doubt yourself.

NSMB theme sucks but 3D World theme owns.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
bah bah

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Virtua Racing is pretty good on the Switch aside from the garbage menu controls (X is Start, like :wtc:, Start opens the config menu).
Analog acceleration with the right stick is very intuitive, though analog steering feels overly sensitive.

Silky, silky smooth frames... :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aqmydXsepN4

Japanese breakdown trailer for MUA3 makes we wish it was the out already.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 28, 2019